Pre-Ordering Jurassic Park

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Oh, I don't want to pay $17 for shipping so I was going to wait till the inevitable free shipping Christmas sale. Hopefully it will still be up for sale then.:(
  • edited October 2011
    I wish i could get the deluxe edition and Steam Version of the game in one and wont have to buy them separates. Looks like ill only be getting the steam version. Telltale you need to start making keys compatible with steam so we can get these awesome editions.
  • edited October 2011
    I wish i could get the deluxe edition and Steam Version of the game in one and wont have to buy them separates. Looks like ill only be getting the steam version. Telltale you need to start making keys compatible with steam so we can get these awesome editions.

Why not just...you know...download the game from TellTale?
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah, I never see the point of Steam when it comes to TellTale Games: you can download any of the games you buy direct from the site, with the bonus of a disc version loaded with bonus features, for a lot of games, anyway. Steam, you just download the game, no bonuses. I mean, one pro is, if you time it right, you can get some really good deals off Steam, but then, the same could be said for TTG, too. And I do love my shiny bonus discs! :D
  • edited October 2011
    It's really easy to add a shortcut on your Steam Games list, too. The process is basically automated; you just select the game you want to add from a list of what you currently have installed.
  • edited October 2011
    True Mike- but people often like having the Steam achievements. You don't get hem from non-steam games.
  • edited October 2011
    When will we be able to see the unboxing of the Deluxe Edition?

Like to see what we get from a video's perspective.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited October 2011
    When will we be able to see the unboxing of the Deluxe Edition?

Like to see what we get from a video's perspective.
    Seeing as the unboxing video of the Deluxe Edition of BTTF: The Game was posted on September 14, a mere 15 days before the disc started shipping, and seeing as the Deluxe Edition of Jurassic Park is not expected to ship before December 15 according to the game's page in the Telltale Store, I'd say you might have a few more weeks to wait.
  • edited October 2011
    Thank You!
  • edited October 2011
    What's the best way to preorder in the UK? Much as I love TellTaleGames, I really am put off by the expensive P+P from the US, but I do want the deluxe edition. Will any UK retailers be getting the deluxe edition? To clarify, this is for PC version.

I saw the Deluxe Edition of ToMI for sale in a limited fashion in Australian retailers but this is a year+ after it was offered in the Telltale store.

So you have to ask yourself, are you a patient man?
  • edited October 2011
    I gotta say, I'm real hyped for the Deluxe edition, this is my first Deluxe I have ever gotten from Telltale.

Sadly I have to wait till christmas. Quick question, how long does a shipping from CA to FL take?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited October 2011
    I gotta say, I'm real hyped for the Deluxe edition, this is my first Deluxe I have ever gotten from Telltale.

Sadly I have to wait till christmas. Quick question, how long does a shipping from CA to FL take?
    Priority or First Class Mail via USPS is usually 2 to 3 (business) days anywhere in the continental United States (it might take a day longer in December because of the holiday mail).
    And Telltale's warehouse is in Colorado, which is even closer to Florida than California is.
  • edited November 2011
    Sorry if this is common knowledge, I've been away from the forum for a while! If we order the delux edition, which delivers in December, do we still get a download of the game off of the website in november? Thanks!
  • edited November 2011
    Yes. The game itself will be released for download on November 15th as planned with the deluxe edition shipping in December.
  • edited November 2011
    Speaking of Steam, the Jurassic Park the Game page there says
    "An episodic adventure in five parts"
    Maybe someone should tell them to correct that?
  • edited November 2011
    Talahar wrote: »
    Speaking of Steam, the Jurassic Park the Game page there says
    "An episodic adventure in five parts"
    Maybe someone should tell them to correct that?

That's something. Hopefully that's quickly edited and fixed up.

Finally made it to the part of the JP Novel where they get to Jurassic Park. Took me 30 minutes of reading to get there.
  • edited November 2011
    Perhaps they decided to go with 5 parts...
  • edited November 2011
    The Steam description has been updated. Thanks for the heads-up.
  • edited November 2011
    I didn't receive my voucher.
  • edited November 2011
    Lucio Luiz wrote: »
    I didn't receive my voucher.
    Please refer all Refund and Voucher issues here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24475&page=14
  • edited November 2011
    I ordered Back to the Future over two months ago, and I'm still waiting for shipping to Poland :( Why haven't I got the game yet?????? I payed for First Class Mail International. I won't make the same mistake twice, so I ordered Jurassic Park with more expensive Priority Mail International. I hope I'll get the game in ONE WEEK!!!
  • edited November 2011
    Cez24 wrote: »
    I ordered Back to the Future over two months ago, and I'm still waiting for shipping to Poland :( Why haven't I got the game yet?????? I payed for First Class Mail International. I won't make the same mistake twice, so I ordered Jurassic Park with more expensive Priority Mail International. I hope I'll get the game in ONE WEEK!!!

Please refer to the BTTF forum for all questions. Thank You :)
  • edited November 2011
    And since your in Poland, shipping is longer.
  • edited November 2011
    And since your in Poland, shipping is longer.

Why? I don't understand. Many people from Europe have got their game, why I haven't yet?
  • edited November 2011
    Why? I don't understand. Many people from Europe have got their game, why I haven't yet?

Please refer to the BTTF forum.
  • edited November 2011
    I need help.

I want to pre-order the deluxe edition but my voucher is not working... What is going on? May you guys help me?

Thank you.
  • edited November 2011

Because the game isn't available yet. It won't be available for another 13 days.
    titossauro wrote: »
    I need help.

I want to pre-order the deluxe edition but my voucher is not working... What is going on? May you guys help me?

Thank you.

I would contact Customer Support or send a PM to Michael Parks.
  • edited November 2011
    Definitely send me a PM if you're having any issues with a specific order. If it's related to a voucher code you already have, include it with the PM, please.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm gonna buy the PC deluxe version, but it does suck that we can't get it mailed out by Nov 15. I don't want to play the game itself without going through the goodies that come with the deluxe edition first. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    I'm gonna buy the PC deluxe version, but it does suck that we can't get it mailed out by Nov 15. I don't want to play the game itself without going through the goodies that come with the deluxe edition first. ;)

That's not it, it ships out ON December. Not in November. You do get the Deluxe, but you can download the episodes now, then wait for December. Then in December, it will be at your house 2 days before or 5 days after christmas.
  • edited November 2011
    The Telltale folks may not be willing to answer this so soon before release, which is cool, but I was wondering if any of you folks on the team would be willing to answer this:

The bonus materials that come with the Deluxe Edition, does any of it contain things that could benefit costumers or prop-makers? Things such as signs, symbols, character references, etc? Personally I sort of want to take the Mosasaur skull icon and modify it to be a variant JP patch for personnel of the marine facility.
  • edited November 2011
    The Telltale folks may not be willing to answer this so soon before release, which is cool, but I was wondering if any of you folks on the team would be willing to answer this:

The bonus materials that come with the Deluxe Edition, does any of it contain things that could benefit costumers or prop-makers? Things such as signs, symbols, character references, etc? Personally I sort of want to take the Mosasaur skull icon and modify it to be a variant JP patch for personnel of the marine facility.
    I don't understand, are you referring to the items included as a whole or the digital content?

If the former, it comes with an ID Card, Patch, and Map.

If the latter, it'd be an interesting question I'd like answered.
  • edited November 2011
    I don't understand, are you referring to the items included as a whole or the digital content?

If the former, it comes with an ID Card, Patch, Brochure to Jurassic Park, InGEN Field Guide, Special Game Case with Game, and Map.

Fixed :)
  • edited November 2011

If the former, it comes with an ID Card, Patch, and Map.

I mean the contents of the field guide that comes with the DE. Visual references of those things would be really cool. :)
  • edited November 2011
    I want to buy the Deluxe edition, but the shipping price seems a bit... high. Even in the US, it's >$8.

I'd be more likely to preorder it if I knew how close the Standard Edition's price was going to be to the Deluxe Editions.... or less likely if the price difference is larger.
  • edited November 2011
    It's actually shipping and handling, not just shipping. We charge exactly what we pay to mail items out.

Sorry, but we haven't announced the pricing on the standard edition of the game yet, so I don't have anything to offer you there.
  • edited November 2011
    Okay. Problem solved. Thanks!
  • edited November 2011
    It's actually shipping and handling, not just shipping. We charge exactly what we pay to mail items out.

Sorry, but we haven't announced the pricing on the standard edition of the game yet, so I don't have anything to offer you there.

If i were to purchase it on steam, would we be allowed to preload it? with the servers promising to be swamped with people? just curious
  • edited November 2011
    There are no plans for a pre-load as of right now.
  • edited November 2011
    I think I asked this before but never got answer: for those who ordered the Deluxe Edition, I know the physical disc and those extras won't be in our hands until December, but when the game gets released online, will we have access on the SAME day for the digital exclusives, the videos and the soundtrack?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.