Pre-Ordering Jurassic Park

Comments

• edited November 2011
    It's actually shipping and handling, not just shipping. We charge exactly what we pay to mail items out.

Sorry, but we haven't announced the pricing on the standard edition of the game yet, so I don't have anything to offer you there.

Isn't standard meant to be $5 cheaper, hence the explanation that the voucher codes reduce deluxe edition price to $5. The code is giving us the standard stuff we had pre-ordered before free, then the $5 extra is for the deluxe content that was never part of the original orders we had refunded.
  • edited November 2011
    I don't understand this ordeal <_<

I originally pre-ordered Jurassic Park when it was first available, then I got a refund after it got delayed. Am I supposed to get a coupon too?
  • edited November 2011
    backslash wrote: »
    I don't understand this ordeal <_<

I originally pre-ordered Jurassic Park when it was first available, then I got a refund after it got delayed. Am I supposed to get a coupon too?

Yeah you get a coupon worth 34.99 that can go towards any game on the telltale site including jurassic park the game. It can't be used on the PSN and it can't be used for the retail 360 version of jurassic park.
  • edited November 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    Yeah you get a coupon worth 34.99 that can go towards any game on the telltale site including jurassic park the game. It can't be used on the PSN and it can't be used for the retail 360 version of jurassic park.

Not if he already got his refund, doesnt it?
    Otherwise I missed my coupon :mad:
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    Not if he already got his refund, doesnt it?
    Otherwise I missed my coupon :mad:

You should have received both a refund and a coupon. If you missed one of them, email support@telltalegames.com, send a PM to Michael Parks, or post a thread in the support forum.
  • edited November 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    You should have received both a refund and a coupon. If you missed one of them, email support@telltalegames.com, send a PM to Michael Parks, or post a thread in the support forum.

Thank you :)
  • edited November 2011
    Hello I'm a new user. Just wondering how one goes about getting a free game voucher? I want to preorder the deluxe edition for my mac. Thanks a bunch!
  • edited November 2011
    The voucher was given to customers who originally pre-ordered the game prior to its release date being delayed back in April.
  • edited November 2011
    Jeeze! :eek: $8.16 for shipping? What, am I air-mailing lead? I've never paid that much on shipping. I purchased Forza, a Force-Feedback Wheel, and a Cockpit and still paid under five bucks on shipping...
  • edited November 2011
    REDSLATE wrote: »
    Jeeze! :eek: $8.16 for shipping? What, am I air-mailing lead? I've never paid that much on shipping. I purchased Forza, a Force-Feedback Wheel, and a Cockpit and still paid under five bucks on shipping...

Yeah Telltale has some expensive shipping, but oh well.
  • edited November 2011
    went to game stop like an hour ago to put the rest of my money down on jp so now next wednesday all i have to do is go in and pick it up, and incase anyone was wondering i was waiting in line for like twenty minutes becuase of MW3 it was so packed in there. but i owe notheing on the game so yay:D
  • edited November 2011
    Sorry, but we haven't announced the pricing on the standard edition of the game yet, so I don't have anything to offer you there.

I've noticed that Steam already has a price listed and is taking preorders on it. Specifically, they list it as $29.99, but it's marked down to $26.99 until November 15th.

It'd be nice to know if this is correct or not.
  • edited November 2011
    REDSLATE wrote: »
    You're lucky, I'm paying $18 for shipping <_< (granted, I do live in Australia but its still excessive of any standard price you'd pay for a DVD sized thing)

I bundled it with my free copy of BTTF to make it seem slightly better. Good thing I got my coupon though so I only had to pay $5 for the game itself :p
  • edited November 2011
    You're lucky, I'm paying $18 for shipping <_< (granted, I do live in Australia but its still excessive of any standard price you'd pay for a DVD sized thing)

I bundled it with my free copy of BTTF to make it seem slightly better. Good thing I got my coupon though so I only had to pay $5 for the game itself :p

That's nothing. If it weren't for Telltale's shipping deal last December, I would have paid almost $50 USD for shipping when I lived in Japan. Granted, it was for a hefty box of things (including the pair of Sam and Max Symbiotes statues that got lost after the earthquake, sad), but holy cow, international shipping is killer.
  • edited November 2011

Ouch! I feel you man. Same deal with the coupon here: $5 for the game. Otherwise, this would have been a No-Go for me.
  • edited November 2011
    Hi Guys,

Maybe this has been asked before but oh here goes again. :)

I just bought the Deluxe edition. Can I still download the game tomorrow through my TellTale account? I live in northern Europe so I might not get my disc this year! Eagerly waiting for the game :D
  • edited November 2011
    dakotha wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Maybe this has been asked before but oh here goes again. :)

I just bought the Deluxe edition. Can I still download the game tomorrow through my TellTale account? I live in northern Europe so I might not get my disc this year! Eagerly waiting for the game :D

Yes you can. You bought the PC version of the game so that means you can download the game on the 15th.
  • edited November 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Yes you can. You bought the PC version of the game so that means you can download the game on the 15th.

Wow that was quick. Yes PC version. Thanks a lot!! :)
  • edited November 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    since how telltale is 6 or 7 hours ahead of the normal time, north eastern part of the united states in michigan, do you think it would come early?
  • edited November 2011
    Damn sounds like I should have pre-ordered JP back in April. I nearly did, but it was pulled the day before I did. You live and learn (it was the first TT game I hadn't pre-ordered)
  • edited November 2011
    whoops 5 hours behind, Michigan is where i live, telltale is 10:35, you guys think the game will come early where i live? Also on the site the game come out in 2 hours, also i only paid $8 extra, but i dont need to worry about that, it was worth it
    edited November 2011
    whoops 5 hours behind, Michigan is where i live, telltale is 10:35, you guys think the game will come early where i live?

Nope, the release on the Telltale site is not tied to your timezone. Everyone gets it at the same time.
  • edited November 2011
    When does get released in Aus ? I pre-ordered the deluxe edition on October 29, 2011. The game has been released but its still listed as backordered so i dont know whats the deal about that.
    edited November 2011
    Hi Tyranus, I responded in the other thread.
  • edited November 2011
    since how telltale is 6 or 7 hours ahead of the normal time, north eastern part of the united states in michigan, do you think it would come early?

Wait, there's a normal time? :p
  • edited November 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    Wait, there's a normal time? :p

There is only hammer time......
  • edited November 2011
    Nope, the release on the Telltale site is not tied to your timezone. Everyone gets it at the same time.

so that means that when it hits 12 on this site everyone will receive it, pretty cool, so i will still, its like 2 to 3 am on here right now so i get it at 6 in the morning pretty cool, hopefully i am correct i did it on my fingers
    edited November 2011
    Relax for a while, it'll be later than that. Telltale release games during their business hours (not at midnight). This post might be useful for you:
    tope1983 wrote: »
    office hours at Telltale will be about
    PST (Pacific Standard Time) 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM
    CAN: British Columbia, Yukon, North-West Terretories
    US: California, Oregon, Nevada....

for every other major timezone this would mean:

CST (Central Standard Time): 11.00 AM - 7.00 PM
    CR: Isla Nublar

EST (Eastern Standard Time): 12.00 PM - 8.00 PM
    CAN: Ontario, Quebec...
    JAM
    CUB
    PAN
    US: Conneticut, Florida, Massachusetts, New York, Washington DC....

UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)/GMT: 5.00 PM - 1.00 AM (Nov 16th)
    POR
    IRE
    UK

CET (Central European Time): 6.00 PM - 2.00 AM (Nov 16th)
    AUT
    ESP
    FRA
    GER
    ITA
    POL
    CZK
    HUN

DTG (Delta): 9.00 PM - 5.00 AM (Nov 16th)
    ASE
    OMA
    RUS: Moscow, St. Petersburg...
    VAE

CNST (China Standard Time): Nov. 16th 1.00 AM - 9.00 AM
    AUS: Western Australia
    CHI
    MON
    THA
    VIE

JST (Japan/Korea Standard Time): Nov. 16th 2.00 AM - 10.00 AM
    JPN
    KP
    KR

AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time): Nov. 16th 3.00 AM - 11.00 AM
    AUS: Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria...
    RUS: Sacha, Amur...

didn't find your time zone and country? take a look here!
  • edited November 2011
    Relax for a while, it'll be later than that. Telltale release games during their business hours (not at midnight). This post might be useful for you:

no lol i need my state on there to, i actually dont know what time zone i am in, my state is michigan
  • edited November 2011
    I believe Michigan goes by EST, or Eastern Standard Time. That's three hours behind Telltale on the West Coast which goes by PST, or Pacific Standard Time.
  • edited November 2011
    I'd like to see a review before I pre-order. But I doubt I'll see one before it's release
  • edited November 2011
    how will i know when the download is available?
  • edited November 2011
    Just check out the boards. It will be at LEAST another 12 hours before it will be up.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    rwlowe wrote: »
    how will i know when the download is available?
    You will have icons such as mytelltale-download-pc.png or mytelltale-download-mac.png on your My Telltale page next to the episode titles.
  • edited November 2011
    does anyones jurassic park not show the episodes anymore? just jurassic park
  • edited November 2011
    If your talking about the my games page, mine says all episodes next to it.
  • edited November 2011
    kasaki89 wrote: »

Just checked and mine's the same. Maybe they're being nice and are going to pack the game in one download and one install. It'd make sense after all, and would probably take some strain off the servers...though it ruins my plans to play Episode 1 while the others are downloading. :p
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    kasaki89 wrote: »

This here moderator experiences the same thing. Shadowknight's theory would be the next best thing to think. Let's wait a bit more. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    This here moderator experiences the same thing. Shadowknight's theory would be the next best thing to think. Let's wait a bit more. ;)

ok i got jurassic park deluxe pack ok, and it shows that i have bttf episode 1 i am confused
  • edited November 2011
    I think all the episodes were combined to make it easier to get the game. Which I'm glad they did so.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.