Pre-Ordering Jurassic Park

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Just to make sure we got this right.

By pre-ordering the Jurassic Park: Deluxe Pack you will be able to begin downloading the first episode (and I'm assuming the others in order that you finish them?) on November 15th but the Deluxe Pack itself (which contains all the cool goodies and a game disc?) will not ship to you untill sometime in December.

Correct?

Correct you will be able to download the games and play on release day... the physical copy will come later in the mail.

zero_koop wrote: »
    Just wondering if I'm missing something or not. Is there a deluxe edition for the Xbox 360? Will there be?

I'm partial to PC games, but this game seems designed for the console. I'd like to get the game on the best platform, but I'd like the deluxe version. At the very least, the console version will have controller rumble which should be a good addition to this game.

The Deluxe edition is PC and only through a direct purchase with Telltale Games.. Also I use a wired XBOX controller on the PC with previous TTG releases and it works great... I can suggest the offbrand cheaper Madcatz wired XBOX controller.
  • edited October 2011
    Hi, does the pre-order price for the Deluxe edition include international postage?
  • edited October 2011
    Wait, so I can plug in any WIRED x360 controller into my computer and it can work with games like TellTales?
  • edited October 2011
    scallenger wrote: »
    Wait, so I can plug in any WIRED x360 controller into my computer and it can work with games like TellTales?

Most game come with options to use a wired game-pad to play games.
  • edited October 2011
    pumikin wrote: »
    Hi, does the pre-order price for the Deluxe edition include international postage?

That price is for the game.. additional shipping charges will be applied and vary depending on your location.
  • edited October 2011
    i have a free episode one code i want to give away, and i was wondering if i can because i already pre order the deluxe edition.
  • edited October 2011
    Just preordered my deluxe! Really excited!
  • edited October 2011
    Liam. wrote: »
    Any way for people in the UK to preorder it? :(

I did it myself only yesterday, so yes, you can :) Telltale accepts international orders as well, and that includes the UK. When you make the order and fill out your details on the Billing/Shipping address page, it'll come up on the list of countries available as 'Great Britain'
  • edited October 2011
    Hi, does the price for the deluxe edition include international freight or is that extra? I am in Australia.
  • edited October 2011
    Thanks again for this, TT - I was pretty happy when I saw I could get the Deluxe Edition shipped priority for $16!
  • edited October 2011
    Hmm so all 4 episodes will be available Nov 15th?
    Why are the episodes not being released monthly?
    I'm just curious.
  • edited October 2011
    So, I have every episodes on "my games" page... but how do I order the Deluxe Pack ? Does it still cost 39.99$ even if I already have the episodes ?
  • edited October 2011
    Hi, erm, where does it say you can pick which game type? It's just I want to preorder it for my PS3, how do I do that?
  • edited October 2011
    Hi, erm, where does it say you can pick which game type? It's just I want to preorder it for my PS3, how do I do that?

The Deluxe Edition is only for PC/Mac, and we're not selling console editions at the moment. You'll be able to buy it directly on PSN when it's released next month.
  • edited October 2011
    Thanks for letting me know! I have a PC (Obviously), so that could work too! You guys have done a really really great job on this game! Sure, it's got a few things wrong with it, like no Baryonyx, but what game hasn't? And, you made up for a lot of those with the Bone Crusher, the Marine Facility and mentioning the Dilo was a juvenile, which a lot of us are happy about I'm sure!
  • edited October 2011
    Masta23 wrote: »
    Hmm so all 4 episodes will be available Nov 15th?
    Why are the episodes not being released monthly?
    I'm just curious.

It's the entirereason for the delay from back in...what was it, April? Since the game was going to launch as a retail disk for Xbox360, they decided it would be better to release the entire game at once in the fall. That also gave them all this extra time to finalize the game design and so forth.

You don't. The pre-order is for the Deluxe edition of the PC game. If you just want the game on PS3, check the PSN on November 15th.
  • edited October 2011
    CuberToy wrote: »
    So, I have every episodes on "my games" page... but how do I order the Deluxe Pack ? Does it still cost 39.99$ even if I already have the episodes ?

All pre-orders for the game only apply to the deluxe editions right now, so you've already paid for your copy. Having the episodes available on the "My Games" page is more of a bonus to keep us all preoccupied while we wait for the deluxe packs to start shipping out. So if you mean to ask whether we will have to spend an extra $39.99 to get the deluxe pack, then the answer's no :)
  • edited October 2011
    Well Telltale, I felt bad for you, you made this amazing game that I was just gonna use my voucher to get for free.

I just preordered for you guys, I don't like taking money from others, especially from a company like you.
  • edited October 2011
    That the thing I don't get, I never put the Deluxe pack in my cart.

I buy a lot of TT games but this one was offer to me... it stays on my games all along even when preorder was cancelled (the guy who offer me the game never get any refund or whatever for the gift, but did get something for his personnal preorder). So now, I have the four episode but no way to get Deluxe for "free" (It was a gift, It seems a little bit odd to pay the game and totally ignore the fact that he did pay me the whole season). Now that the deluxe pack is available, I want to order it (along with BTTF deluxe pack and some other DVD).
  • edited October 2011
    WOOT WOOT! Just pre-ordered!!! What an awesome Christmas Present this shall be!!!!
  • edited October 2011
    CuberToy wrote: »
    That the thing I don't get, I never put the Deluxe pack in my cart.

I buy a lot of TT games but this one was offer to me... it stays on my games all along even when preorder was cancelled (the guy who offer me the game never get any refund or whatever for the gift, but did get something for his personnal preorder). So now, I have the four episode but no way to get Deluxe for "free" (It was a gift, It seems a little bit odd to pay the game and totally ignore the fact that he did pay me the whole season). Now that the deluxe pack is available, I want to order it (along with BTTF deluxe pack and some other DVD).

I see... Well, it sounds to me like you're going to have to pay for the deluxe pack if you want to have it for yourself. Otherwise, you can always settle for the episodes your friend gifted you.
  • edited October 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    WOOT WOOT! Just pre-ordered!!! What an awesome Christmas Present this shall be!!!!

Same
  • edited October 2011
    Same

I would do the same, but I am never going to order a deluxe from Telltale again, still waiting on my BTTF deluxe, very sad :(
  • edited October 2011
    It's the entirereason for the delay from back in...what was it, April? Since the game was going to launch as a retail disk for Xbox360, they decided it would be better to release the entire game at once in the fall. That also gave them all this extra time to finalize the game design and so forth..
    Ah yes, just presumed that there would still be monthly episodes.
    In fact I was kinda wishing it. There are a lot of games out in November.
    Why did Assassins Creed Revelations have to be released on the same day? haha.
  • edited October 2011
    So we get all episodes on the same day? That's cool!

Or is it still gonna be monthly?
  • edited October 2011
    Is the JP Deluxe package gonna be in a huge box? Damn.

I told my folks that it was gonna be there ON christmas, that big package is gonna screw everything over.
  • edited October 2011
    Masta23 wrote: »
    Ah yes, just presumed that there would still be monthly episodes.
    In fact I was kinda wishing it. There are a lot of games out in November.
    Why did Assassins Creed Revelations have to be released on the same day? haha.

Boy, you're tellin me. I'll have less than a week to power through all 4 episodes and all 16 worlds in Mario 3D Land before Skyward Sword consumes me.
    Well Telltale, I felt bad for you, you made this amazing game that I was just gonna use my voucher to get for free.

I just preordered for you guys, I don't like taking money from others, especially from a company like you.
    So we get all episodes on the same day? That's cool!

Or is it still gonna be monthly?

I was gonna use the voucher to get the game free too...mainly cause my original plan was to buy it on PS3, and have the free one for my laptop, but then I lost my job, so it came down to just the free one...and then when I found out I could use the voucher for the deluxe, well, I figured, what the hell?

And yes, yes, yes. All 4 episodes, same day. TellTale's servers are going to MELT.
  • edited October 2011
    Boy, you're tellin me. I'll have less than a week to power through all 4 episodes and all 16 worlds in Mario 3D Land before Skyward Sword consumes me.

I was gonna use the voucher to get the game free too...mainly cause my original plan was to buy it on PS3, and have the free one for my laptop, but then I lost my job, so it came down to just the free one...and then when I found out I could use the voucher for the deluxe, well, I figured, what the hell?

And yes, yes, yes. All 4 episodes, same day. TellTale's servers are going to MELT.

The servers for this site will crash like crazy, I expect the downloads to be 1 hour per episode.
  • edited October 2011
    I wish the extra content of the Deluxe Edition was available without the game. Cause I want the game on PS3, but now you have this cool JP DE for PC/MAC only. If I could afford I would get the game for both versions to have the extras from the PC Deluxe Edition and play the game on PS3, but I can't.

Are you planning on selling the extra content for console owners?
  • edited October 2011
    What's the best way to preorder in the UK? Much as I love TellTaleGames, I really am put off by the expensive P+P from the US, but I do want the deluxe edition. Will any UK retailers be getting the deluxe edition? To clarify, this is for PC version.
  • edited October 2011
    What's the best way to preorder in the UK? Much as I love TellTaleGames, I really am put off by the expensive P+P from the US, but I do want the deluxe edition. Will any UK retailers be getting the deluxe edition?
    I think TT only sells Deluxe Editions for their games exclusively through their website. I am unaware of any instance in which this has been not true.
    To answer a couple questions: The Deluxe Edition is exclusively for the PC/Mac version and only available through the Telltale Games Store. The digital content will only be available to those that purchase the Deluxe Edition. Purchases of the standard edition of Jurassic Park: The Game will commence on November 15, but this edition is definitely the one to get for Jurassic Park fans. It's limited edition too, so it's a "while supplies last" situation.
    SOURCE (Scroll down to Comments): http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-893
  • edited October 2011
    I love that the deluxe edition includes the soundtrack. Just a download, but still.
    That's going to be a shiny box, yes sir! :D
  • edited October 2011
    I think TT only sells Deluxe Editions for their games exclusively through their website. I am unaware of any instance in which this has been not true.

SOURCE (Scroll down to Comments): [URL="

Hmm, fair enough. I will consider this some more. Being a student, I do have a set budget, but I could see if I can dip into my savings a bit.
  • edited October 2011
    I plan to play skyward sword too. I have also yet to get round to playing Batman Arkham City and Uncharted 3 is out next week. Then there is the small matter of making time for Modern Warfare 3.
    Saints Rows 3 is out 3 days after Jurassic Park and AC Revelations, but that is just bad timing. There is no way I will get time for it.

Anyway I can't recall me even getting a voucher, unless it is hiding in my huge inbox somewhere.
    Part of me couldn't be bothered because it didn't feel right to get Jurassic Park for free. I would rather support the company.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited October 2011
    What's the best way to preorder in the UK? Much as I love TellTaleGames, I really am put off by the expensive P+P from the US, but I do want the deluxe edition. Will any UK retailers be getting the deluxe edition? To clarify, this is for PC version.
    There is no word yet for Jurassic Park, but Tales of Monkey Island, for one, got a retail release by Lace Mamba of the Deluxe Edition in the UK last April (almost a year after the Telltale release, but still...).
    It even had a different (but quite gorgeous looking) cover.
  • edited October 2011
    I forgot that the release said "Exclusive Limited Edition packaging". Does that mean it comes in some kind of a cool box what we haven't seen yet? I doubt all of that stuff can fit in the standard DVD case depicted in the photo, lol.
  • edited October 2011
    I dont know if it has been mentioned before, but if you have pre-ordered already, you can see the episode-titles :)
  • edited October 2011
    Will we be able to buy the Deluxe Edition after release?
  • edited October 2011
    Zetta wrote: »
    Will we be able to buy the Deluxe Edition after release?
    Well they said "Limited Quantities", so I think "While Supplies Last" should be paired with that. Still the sooner the better, always good to have it guaranteed!
  • edited October 2011
    In the past there have been deluxe editions that stuck around a little while after release... and they always eventually go away and people wish they had gotten it while they could.... I am guessing JP might be an even more limited.. I would grab it as soon as you can.. but obviously consume responsibly...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.