Pre-Ordering Jurassic Park

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I think all the episodes were combined to make it easier to get the game. Which I'm glad they did so.

do you have the download option yet?
  • edited November 2011
    When is it out for ps3??!!!
  • edited November 2011
    I just got the deluxe edition this morning. Super excited! Once I get home from school, you know what I'm doing! ^-^

Eeeek! I got all fooouuur! :DDDD EEEEKK! I'm like a little fangirl! ^-^
  • edited November 2011
    depends on when your local PSN is being updated.
    in austria and germany this happens every wednesday.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm a little worried. The server was slow and barely responsive during the order process and while I did get a confirmation e-mail from Telltale, JP is not showing up on my games list. Should I send an e-mail to support or wait this out?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    When exactly did you order? If it's just a few hours, you might need to wait a bit longer. The order should show up however (scroll down in your games page to get an order history). However, if you ordered more than 24 hours ago and Jurassic Park is still not in your games list, then YES, email support.
  • edited November 2011
    It does show up in my order history, I only ordered it about 4 hours ago so I guess everything should be OK. Thanks.
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah i'm glad it wasnt me that this bug happened with. Usually when I buy something, it shows up on the store page telling me i've bought it and to "Play Now" or "Pre-Download". Jurassic Park has done nothing of the sort, and actually is telling me to Pre-Purchase and the store page acts as if I never bought it. Yet it's showing in my purchase history.

Oh and also.... TELLTALE! THE GAME SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE OUT AT 6PM GMT AND YOU GO AND DELAY IT FOR 5 HOURS?! DAMN YOU :(
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah telltale do suck on steam. Can't pre-load and now they've delayed the release so let alone needing to download the whole game we have to wait even longer then download. By the time I've probably downloaded it. It will be mid-night. :mad:
  • edited November 2011
    I've pre-ordered the game and have been waiting for nearly two weeks for it to officially launch on STEAM. This morning I saw I had 8 more hours wait... then as I kept checking, the time kept counting down to launch. A few minutes ago, I saw i had about an hour more to wait. I checked a few seconds ago... it now states 5 HOURS!!! What happened?!? The suspense is killing me! O.o
  • edited November 2011
    d_cover wrote: »
    Yeah telltale do suck on steam. Can't pre-load and now they've delayed the release so let alone needing to download the whole game we have to wait even longer then download. By the time I've probably downloaded it. It will be mid-night. :mad:

I'm pretty sure that Telltale is not responsible of the release time on steam.
    Steam has its own servers.
  • edited November 2011
    For the JP Jeep now the delay when will the suffering end :(
  • edited November 2011
    djmz wrote: »
    When is it out for ps3??!!!

If you're in the UK, which I assume you are as your location says Scotland, Telltale have basically said they don't know. It's waiting to be approved by Sony.
  • edited November 2011
    For the JP Jeep now the delay when will the suffering end :(

It's not delayed.
  • edited November 2011
    well its the 15th, and i still cant download it! whats up?
  • edited November 2011
    We've said all along that it will be available ASAP today. By the end of the business day, at the latest, so 6pm PST. Again, that's at the absolute latest.

I'm glad to see how excited you all are, and I know the wait is frustrating, but please be patient. We'll get it unlocked for you as soon as we possibly can.
  • edited November 2011
    psn eua and updated what hours?
  • edited November 2011
    awsome thanks im glad to see such a quick response, shows you guys are on top of the game! thanks again for the update.
  • edited November 2011
    so if release latest is 6pm pst then im looking at 2am here in the uk is that right?
  • edited November 2011
    Dear Telltale
    Us here in the UK are already at 6AM. Some of us have to go to school tomorrow so we can't stay up all night. Please release the game in the next two hours MAX. If it's gonna take about an hour to download then I may not get to experience the game today. I understand the way you release is different than others as there is no one in the office at midnight but at least have it first thing tomorrow morning AND if that's not possible at least tell us when we can expect it or give us a countdown. Thanks for listening and I appreciate the update earlier from Mr Parks.
    Thanks again!
    edited November 2011
    Telltale is probably trying so hard to release the game ASAP that they don't even have the time to respond to or read your comment. ;)

But we Europeans feel with you. It wasn't exactly seldom that a lot of Euro TTG fans waited until after midnight on a release day until they gave that final sigh, turned off their computer and went to bed.

It's not that much of a tragedy if you get to play tomorrow, OK?
  • edited November 2011
    steam just put up a 4hour time before release
  • edited November 2011
    Telltale is probably trying so hard to release the game ASAP that they don't even have the time to respond to or read your comment.

But we Europeans feel with you. It wasn't exactly seldom that a lot of Euro TTG fans waited until after midnight on a release day until they gave that final sigh, turned off their computer and went to bed.

An absolute tragedy really :P. I do hope Germany - Netherlands will be a proper match to lessen the pain of all this waiting for Jurassic Park.
  • edited November 2011
    We've said all along that it will be available ASAP today. By the end of the business day, at the latest, so 6pm PST. Again, that's at the absolute latest.

Mr.Parks, you got to pay your trainee more money. He really needs to upload faster.lol :D
  • edited November 2011
    Telltale is probably trying so hard to release the game ASAP that they don't even have the time to respond to or read your comment. ;)

I'm not that angry just a bit annoyed is all. Got my BTTF deluxe today so at least I got that :)
  • edited November 2011
    It's not delayed.

Wasn't it meant to be released at 6pm in the UK? I've been checking the steam store since last week. Now it's saying 10pm
  • edited November 2011
    Wasn't it meant to be released at 6pm in the UK? I've been checking the steam store since last week. Now it's saying 10pm

No, that's the time when the TTG office starts. The is no exact time of day for the release
  • edited November 2011

at the latest for anyone like me, the game will be available for download at 6pm pst. this was stated by telltale games member on this forum today, after i posted my comment. So if that doesn't help you will just have to wait and see.
  • edited November 2011
    Jurassic Park Pre-order launch on STEAM (already delayed by 5 hours) has counted down to almost 2 hours before suddenly jumping back up to 6 HOURS just now!!! Crazy!!! O.o
  • edited November 2011
    Ok... pathetically, I've been eagerly awaiting the launch on STEAM for over nine hours..., but I just read Mr. Parks post about the game being ready no later than the end of their business day, PST, and so, assuming that time for them is 5pm(?), and I'm 3 hours ahead here in Indiana... that means about 9pm EST for me... which is 6 hours away... *sigh* To think, if I hadn't been craving a good dinosaur game (Dino D-day has, so far, been a HUGE disappointment), I wouldn't have spent over half my day waiting on Jurassic Park... Yep, I need to get a life... lol ;p
  • edited November 2011
    I'd really like an honest answer of exactly why Telltale are releasing it later than planned. Rather than "we're trying" Trying to do what, surely you do what AVGN does and have the server automatically upload content at a certain time?

I want an HONEST reason for why they are unable to do so? Are they still fiddling with the game? Are they having server troubles, and if so why didn't they prepare for it? Surly telltale would have uploaded the content to a non-accessible part of their servers and the just need to press one button?
    edited November 2011
    Jurassic Park Pre-order launch on STEAM (already delayed by 5 hours) has counted down to almost 2 hours before suddenly jumping back up to 6 HOURS just now!!! Crazy!!! O.o

Now you see how intelligent and user-friendly TTG's approach is by NOT giving a fixed hour on release day. ;)
    T002Tyrant wrote: »
    I'd really like an honest answer of exactly why Telltale are releasing it later than planned. Rather than "we're trying" Trying to do what, surely you do what AVGN does and have the server automatically upload content at a certain time?

No need. TTG said they're releasing today and they will. They stuck to what they were doing for the last five years and it works. "Later than planned" would be a launch tomorrow and that's that.
  • edited November 2011
    Just came back from school eagerly waiting to play and STILL?! I swear...pissed off at the moment
  • edited November 2011
    We're not releasing it later than planned and there hasn't been a delay. We've said all along that it would be released ASAP today, at some point prior to the end of the business day. 6pm PST, at the absolute latest.
  • edited November 2011
    T002Tyrant wrote: »
    No Telltale work on the game till the moment before they upload. There is no set time. They are busy tweaking it, until it's ready to be released.
    Oh and it's not later than planned. They planned to release it on the 15th, which is what they are doing. Expect it by the end of the business day (6pm pst)
  • edited November 2011
    no later then 6pm pst today! ttg is located in california just so everyone knows thats what time zone you need to base all of this on... same time zone as valves offices.
    edited November 2011
    I keep wondering where those ideas come from that a fixed time of day was announced. This never happened in the last five years for other games and it did not happen this time. Stop that wishful thinking nonsense and concentrate on your excessive patience. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    So 3 hours and 40 minutes maximum form now on. Hope it comes earlier...
    edited November 2011
    Spiker wrote: »
    So 5 hours and 40 minutes maximum from now on. Hope it comes earlier...

Fixed that for you. I hope the miscalculation wasn't intended? ;)
  • edited November 2011
    how is it 5 hours , if they close at 6 pm ?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.