The Summer of Sam & Max

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    jmm wrote: »
    Jake, the url is wrong... it points to www.telltaelgames.com/summerofsamandmax

And yes, that is a terrible acronym :D:rolleyes:

Doopa doopa doo. Pay no attention to that URL; I apparently suck at typing. Fortunately Emily is also reading the forums in the middle of the night on a Tuesday.
  • edited June 2007
    I would totally pay for a book full of these early Sam and Max drawings.
    edited June 2007
    you know that Sam & Max sketchhbook we sell? it hasn't got all of them, but it's got "sam and max surprise poster" and the one where sam & max take on nuclear terrorists.
  • edited June 2007
    dloeke wrote: »
    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the Telltale-team will work on Season 2 the entire summer, and release the first episode that date. :D Nah, I'm just kidding. I hope you take a well deserved break this summer, and come back even stronger than before! ;)

They should just lock Brendan in the closet and make him work until 6am every day, including weekends. That way the rest of the Telltale staff can take the summer off and we can still get the first episode of season 2 on August 28th. Everyone wins! Well, except Brendan. But that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. :D
  • edited June 2007
    Great story! Looking forward for part 2 :)
    edited June 2007
    Kesari wrote: »
    They should just lock Brendan in the closet and make him work until 6am every day, including weekends.

Sorry, he already does that.
  • edited June 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    you know that Sam & Max sketchhbook we sell? it hasn't got all of them, but it's got "sam and max surprise poster" and the one where sam & max take on nuclear terrorists.
    Heh. Really? I should take another look at that thing. Forgot there were the old sketches in it.
  • edited June 2007
    Sorry, he already does that.

Wow, you liked my idea so much you implemented it before I even told you about it! :p
    edited June 2007
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Heh. Really? I should take another look at that thing. Forgot there were the old sketches in it.

It's all old sketches, that's its point! It's all older concept art, promo pieces, etc.
  • edited June 2007
    There are also some sketches from the Future, that Steve hasn't drawn yet. The problem is, if Steve doesn't draw them at some point, all of the sketchbooks will turn into localized black holes, eventually destroying the fabric of space-time. If this happens, there will be no refunds.
  • MelMel
    edited June 2007
    Kesari wrote: »
    They should just lock Brendan in the closet and make him work until 6am every day, including weekends. That way the rest of the Telltale staff can take the summer off and we can still get the first episode of season 2 on August 28th. Everyone wins! Well, except Brendan. But that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. :D

:(

I'm going to found the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Brendan if you all don't let up.
  • edited June 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    :(

I'm going to found the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Brendan if you all don't let up.

The SPCB is an affront to my basic human right to be cruel to Brendan. I will not stand for such opression!
  • edited June 2007
    Brendan is a TellTale pet remember.. I wonder who follows him around with the pooper scooper.. I'm guessing Nick :)
  • edited June 2007
    Oh boy oh boy, more tommorrow! :)
    edited June 2007
  • edited June 2007
    Wow. Thanks, TT
  • edited June 2007
    there is just one thing I need to know...
    How did you do the sound effects??:D
  • jmmjmm
    edited June 2007
    You don't wanna know :D
  • edited June 2007
    I can't wait for History Part 2!

Too bad I'll be away when it comes out and will have to wait an extra week.
  • edited June 2007
    As someone who has younger siblings I can really appreciate how Steve got started with Sam and Max. Knowing that their origin involved harassing his little brother makes me like them even more! :D
  • edited June 2007
    Aww always interessting to look behind the scenes.

I hope the DVD is comming out soon, to make this summer really owned by Sam n Max. :D
    edited June 2007
    dertrippel wrote: »
    Aww always interessting to look behind the scenes.

I hope the DVD is comming out soon, to make this summer really owned by Sam n Max. :D

moo hoo ha ha
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007

Not to be confused with Moo Hoo Man...
    edited June 2007
    I don't mind if people confuse it for Moo Hoo Man, actually.
  • edited June 2007
    Moo here, moo there. It's starting to sound like a farm in here. :p
  • edited June 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Not to be confused with Moo Hoo Man...

Has Steve gotten the rights to Moo Hoo Man as well? I mean I am curious to see if there are sketches of him from Steve Purcell or from his brother.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Moo here, moo there. It's starting to sound like a farm in here. :p

Yes. But it's NOT THE SAME COW FROM BONE. :p
    doom saber wrote:
    Has Steve gotten the rights to Moo Hoo Man as well? I mean I am curious to see if there are sketches of him from Steve Purcell or from his brother.

There are no known sketches of Moo Hoo Man. He will forever remain a mystery. :(
  • edited June 2007
    Yes. But it's NOT THE SAME COW FROM BONE. :p
    The hats are the same, though.;)
  • edited June 2007
    There are no known sketches of Moo Hoo Man. He will forever remain a mystery. :(

Maybe TellTale can reinvent the character, like they did with Bosco? :D
  • edited June 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Maybe TellTale can reinvent the character, like they did with Bosco? :D

l hope so, but does Telltale have to get the rights from Steve Purcell's brother?

If they can create Moo Hoo Man, should we create a petition to TT to demand the character to be put in a future ep of Sam and Max? I would start such a petition if TT can have the character be put in the game.
  • edited June 2007

Telltale should have a contest where fans send in concept sketches of Moo Hoo Man.
  • edited June 2007
    That's odd...I downloaded all three eps of the podcast, but despite being differently labelled, the audio for each one is that of the Bay Area Sound commentary.

Download glitch? Upload error? Fodder for Bosco's semi-insane conspiracy theories?
  • edited June 2007
    Moo Hoo Man... Hmmm... A cow's body with a human head? Maybe stick a beard on the head... And, uhm... Have it smoking a cigar? Yeah!
  • edited June 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Moo Hoo Man... Hmmm... A cow's body with a human head? Maybe stick a beard on the head... And, uhm... Have it smoking a cigar? Yeah!

Or a guy in a cow suit or a cow in a man suit. How about a half cow (Moo), half owl (Hoo), person (Man) combo?

Too bad it isnt Moo Hoo Woman since I can imagine an hentish depiction of a girl with a cowbell. I am not into furries btw.
    edited June 2007
    I read it as maybe he's called moo hoo man because he's known for his villainous laugh.
    edited June 2007
    That's odd...I downloaded all three eps of the podcast, but despite being differently labelled, the audio for each one is that of the Bay Area Sound commentary.

Download glitch? Upload error? Fodder for Bosco's semi-insane conspiracy theories?

*whistles innocently*

give that podcast an ol' refresh. sorry about that! it should work now.
  • edited June 2007
    Hmmm, 1/3 cow, 1/3 owl, 1/3 man! That would be a great new character! :D Maybe you should ask Steve about this mysterious Moo Hoo Man. Maybe a whole Moo Hoo family could move into the neighborhood? That would be creepy. :/
  • edited June 2007
    awsome update on the summer of the Sam and Max. LOL I knew Max plays for the other team
  • edited June 2007
    LOL pure awesome on the update! I love the wedding cake OMG!... also I would love to see mikes sam and max strip of "Afterlife" :P
    Soo many purcell and now telltale and old lucasarts goodies I think my head is going to pop thinking about all the stuff out there no one has seen!
    Get it up and out there people! Even if it has a big ole OWNED BY ME XXX or something!!
    Ps.... who the heck made the cake decoration!
    edited June 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    LOL pure awesome on the update! I love the wedding cake OMG!... also I would love to see mikes sam and max strip of "Afterlife" :P
    Soo many purcell and now telltale and old lucasarts goodies I think my head is going to pop thinking about all the stuff out there no one has seen!
    Get it up and out there people! Even if it has a big ole OWNED BY ME XXX or something!!
    Ps.... who the heck made the cake decoration!

I think the Afterlife strip was in Surfin the Highway... maybe it wasn't?! It's the one where Sam and Max ponder life after death, and then Sam says something like "there's one way to find out!" and smothers Max with a pillow, sending Max to heaven. Hilarity ensues, etc.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.