The Summer of Sam & Max

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Yessir.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    It makes them funnier. Everything's funnier with a bleep in the middle of it.
  • edited August 2007
    Is there any video of the actors in the studio recording? Perhaps on the retail "making of" video?
  • edited August 2007
    There was a little bit of footage of David Nowlin recording in one of the Interim Theatre videos (the Bay Area Sound Department one)
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    It makes them funnier. Everything's funnier with a **** in the middle of it.

Wow, you're right!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Dedlok wrote: »
    I just got the DVD edition in the mail today and watched the bloopers on the disc and it is indeed 100% the same as on the site.

The exact same mind-blowingly perception-altering awesome bloopers.
  • edited August 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Wow, you're right!

Indeed she is, Timmy! An artfully placed series of bleeps can make any collection of random words sound explicit. Let's experiment, shall we?

Case 1: Random words, No bleeps.

Old egg fries deeply with yellow jazz phones.

Doesn't sound very offensive, does it, Timmy? ("No, Dr. Filange!")

Observe...

Case 2: Random words, with a helping of scattered bleeps.

Savory *bleep* morsels dance wildly *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* southern baptist *bleep* toaster *bleep* *bleep* fitted cap on sideways *bleep* Pepsi sponsors *bleep* oddly-shaped *bleep* *bleeeeeeeeeeep* and a dash of salt *bleep* spartan costume.

See? You got yourself an NC-17 rating, sir!

This has been a public service announcement from Dr. Herschel Philange.
  • edited August 2007
    It's so true!
  • edited August 2007

I agree. I heard an uncensored version of a song callded Piece of *Bleep* Car once and it just wasn't as funny with the real swear words in there.
  • edited August 2007
    Kesari wrote: »
    I agree. I heard an uncensored version of a song callded Piece of *Bleep* Car once and it just wasn't as funny with the real swear words in there.
    I've noticed this, too - after hearing certain songs on the radio and then thinking how weird it was to hear them on the album later, uncensored.
    There's also a version of "Fett's Vette" that has different sounds like Wookies and blasters instead of cursewords that I think is worlds better than the uncensored version.
  • edited August 2007
    Also, the podcast should be back up to date. Sorry about the delay on that, we temporarily didn't have access to some files we needed to make the podcast versions. But the files are back and so is the podcast!
  • edited August 2007
    where' s reality 2.0 commentary? your late!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Hmm? The Reality 2.0 commentary is up there.

Bright Side of the Moon should go up today.
  • edited August 2007
    thats what i ment. i'm a scatter brain today.
  • edited August 2007
    Hmm? The Reality 2.0 commentary is up there.

Bright Side of the Moon should go up today.
    She said, 24 hours ago. :eek: ;)
  • edited August 2007
    I look forward to the !!? on the 28th... Season 2 preview, maybe?
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    They're also getting ready to go to PAX this weekend which I'm sure is quite time consuming.
    edited August 2007
    Hey guys, check out my latest joke:

When is Thursday like Tuesday?

Right now!

Oh man, a classic zinger.
  • edited August 2007
    that was plain awful
  • edited August 2007
    "Okay, so by now everyone knows there's a Season 2 in the works. Give us a hint about what to expect.

No."

I have decoded this answer to mean "No, there isn't a Season 2 in the works". Telltale have just been tricking us all this time!
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    that was plain awful

Some people have no sense of humor.

Glad to see the update's up, though I'm disappointed by the lack of Sam in Hugh's suit, Hugh doing the Royal Rainbow, and of course, the amazing flying Lincoln.
  • edited August 2007
    "Okay, so by now everyone knows there's a Season 2 in the works. Give us a hint about what to expect.

No."

I have decoded this answer to mean "No, there isn't a Season 2 in the works". Telltale have just been tricking us all this time!

Yeah, next season will be "Season 3" just to mess with our heads.
  • edited August 2007
    No concept art for Hugh Bliss?
  • edited August 2007
    Some people have no sense of humor.

Glad to see the update's up, though I'm disappointed by the lack of Sam in Hugh's suit, Hugh doing the Royal Rainbow, and of course, the amazing flying Lincoln.
    That is in the Reality 2.0 concept art, I believe.
  • edited August 2007
    Great commentary as always :D

Odd that I never noticed my name in the Ep. 6 Special Thanks before though, was it added in a later patch, or did I just keep overlooking it?
  • edited August 2007
    It was there since the day I downloaded it, so I think you just overlooked it.
  • edited August 2007
    Ooh, okay. Must have been distracted by the chaos on the other half of the screen :P
  • edited August 2007
    It's the 28th. Where's my '!!?'?
  • edited August 2007
    Don't we all have a little bit of "!!?" within each of us?
    edited August 2007
    !!? is in te works as i write this.
  • edited August 2007
    Today = !!? ?
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    !!? is in te works as i write this.

*squeals* Can't wait! :D
  • edited August 2007
    Woo!
  • edited August 2007
    Where is it?!%^ [assembles hordes of violent fans for reprisals]
  • edited August 2007
    it Midnight here in UK, Evey Wednesday i see the next summer special page!
    edited August 2007
    !!?
  • edited August 2007
    Sweet llamas of the bahamas! *hugs TellTale* I'd fax some waffles to you all for the awe-inspiring trailer, if it were physically possible!

EDIT: And if I had waffles.... or a fax machine...
  • edited August 2007
    I'm still crossing my fingers that the rumors of a Waffle-making controller attachment for the Wii is true.
  • edited August 2007
    it looks like bosco is
    planning on freezing himself.. lol
    and i just noticed that they used my play it again list for episode 6... look mom, im famous.. lol :D
  • edited August 2007
    Its really intressting and I love the commentary =D its great to listen to how it was made and where the ideas came from!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.