The Summer of Sam & Max

Comments

• edited August 2007
    OOoooo, limited edition Emily and Jake used pizza napkins!!! :p
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    There were some near mistakes with the BoscoTech virulent disease vs the napkins from the pizza place. Someone might end up with a greasy normal napkin (aka "virulent disease: authentic edition") instead of the standard printed one. It's unlikely, but possible.
  • edited August 2007
    Coooooooooooool! :D
  • edited August 2007
    I love major product errors like that. I have a DVD of Cowboy Bebop where they leave out the digital subtitles during the preview, leaving only the Japanese text on the screen. Turning on the subtitles doesn't help fix it, but what can you do?:D

EDIT: I just noticed it's been 24 hours since Jake said it would be up "later tonight." This isn't looking very good on you guys, since your bragging rights before Comic Con was how well you stayed on time releasing content for episodic games. [/friendly jab]
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    There were some near mistakes with the BoscoTech virulent disease vs the napkins from the pizza place. Someone might end up with a greasy normal napkin (aka "virulent disease: authentic edition") instead of the standard printed one. It's unlikely, but possible.

That casefile will be worth a lot on Ebay in the future.

--Erwin
    edited August 2007
    New stuff's up, but super late! Apologies to all who felt sad to not receive this week's updates two days ago. Things have been getting hectic around here with Comic-Con and the office move, but they're returning to normal now!
  • edited August 2007
    I'm not upset about not getting my content on time. I'm more upset over the fact that there are some people who have already seen what I've been waiting for because they ordered the DVD separate from the case file.

But I'm a good customer. I'll wait.
    edited August 2007
    The whole casefile issue was caused by a shipping delay totally out of our hands the week before comic-con. We intended to have all of the materials there that week so we could start sending them off, but a few items from one vendor got delayed to the point that they had to be shipped straight to San Diego for us to hastily put together the first couple hundred at the booth. It was bad and awkward, and won't happen again if we do another Case File type thing. That shipping hiccup has ended up sabotaging a lot of our work and spare time, and has made lots of people sad because their disc is late now :(.
  • edited August 2007
    So the casefiles and the poster prints have shipped to the warehouse and should be on their way shortly? I'm a pretty patient guy, so no worries. I've just started reality 2.0 :P
  • edited August 2007
    OMG! I've been immortalized in a passing meantion in the audio commentary about my comment involving the Steven Colbert sound-alike for the MoviePhone guy! Sweet! That made my night.:D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    I haven't received notification that poster prints and the first box of case files have arrived at the warehouse, so I guess they're still in transit. It's been about a week since we sent them, so I'm sure it'll be soon now.
    edited August 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    OMG! I've been immortalized in a passing meantion in the audio commentary about my comment involving the Steven Colbert sound-alike for the MoviePhone guy! Sweet! That made my night.:D

It's actually just Jared :)

It's surprising, and kind of cool, how often random forum events come up in the commentary actually. There are a few good ones on episode 6.
  • edited August 2007
    It took a while for it to click, but I got a laugh from the Katamari reference in the concept art once I finally realised what it was.
  • edited August 2007
    It's actually just Jared :)

It's surprising, and kind of cool, how often random forum events come up in the game actually. There is an amazingly ingenious one by our treasured member, ShaggE in episode 6.

Fix'd. :D
    edited August 2007
    Bloopers are up!
  • edited August 2007
    Bloopers are up!
    Aww - you left out the best one. The people who didn't buy the DVD will never know what they're missing.

*wink wink*
    edited August 2007
    Oh yeah that amazing one.
  • edited August 2007
    I'm gunna avoid the blooper real, as I don't want to spoil it when I get my DVD.
  • edited August 2007
    ditto. Although I did take a peak at the first few seconds...:o
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    ditto. Although I did take a peak at the first few seconds...:o

I'm ashamed of you! :mad: ;)
  • edited August 2007
    Strange, I don't recall ever hearing the line about
    Bosco not being in the store
    before (or even
    Bosco ever not being in his store
    ). Surely you didn't start recording for Season 2 that early?
  • edited August 2007
    I love the
    Lincoln flying to the moon
    render, as seen on the DVD! Any chance we can get a hi-res version of this suitable for desktop wallpaper in next week's Summer release? Or even better, add it to the wallpapers page. Thanks!
  • edited August 2007
    Meh, I already have the DVD but am watching it again because I'm so amused by them cursing their butts off.
    edited August 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    Strange, I don't recall ever hearing the line about
    Bosco not being in the store
    before (or even
    Bosco ever not being in his store
    ). Surely you didn't start recording for Season 2 that early?

It's from the
    text adventure
  • edited August 2007
    Nice job on the bloopers! I can't wait to see the "extended" version on the DVD I should be getting today.

That being said, hearing William's real voice come out of Max's body was a bit too much like the Mr. Featherly/Philo Pennyworth moment, only not meant for comedy.:p

Here's hoping we see Max's Frustration Jumpping in Season 2!
    edited August 2007
    I don't know if there's actually an extended version of the bloopers so much as someone earlier in this thread lied.
  • edited August 2007
    Hehehe loved the bloopers! Great stuff!
  • edited August 2007
    I reckon the blooper reel just boosted the games to an "M" rating :P Hilarious!
  • edited August 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    I reckon the blooper reel just boosted the games to an "M" rating :P Hilarious!

Only on the TTG release. I don't think the retail version has any of that on their CDs, which is was is important. You know, kind of like how studios can release unrated versions of their movie.
  • edited August 2007
    I doubt it would have actually boosted the rating anyway, if anything would have done it, it would have been the unicorn jokes :P
    edited August 2007
    On a TV or movie DVD, the bonus features are usually not included in the rating.
  • edited August 2007
    Good point. Still, ya never know, what with the Manhunt 2 thing and all, it seems the ESRB would LOVE to find an excuse to "establish" itself among the Thompsonites by banning or excessively up-rating games.

(I'm only half-joking, this Manhunt debacle really grinds my gears.)
  • edited August 2007
    meelWORM wrote: »
    I love the
    Lincoln flying to the moon
    render, as seen on the DVD! Any chance we can get a hi-res version of this suitable for desktop wallpaper in next week's Summer release? Or even better, add it to the wallpapers page. Thanks!
    I concur. That
    Lincoln
    render is awesome.
  • edited August 2007
    If anything they need to add a wallpaper of Hugh Bliss from Episode 6 floating down from being in the lunar lander. Most ridiculous thing ever.
    I keep meaning to get a screenshot of it.
  • edited August 2007
    They need wallpapers of every single second of the game. :D
  • edited August 2007
    funy man, they cannot give that to you it is too hard to do

But seriously...

Who knew that they actually stood in front of a
    greenscreen
    for the
    reality 1.5
    segment?
  • edited August 2007
    ahahahah hahahah oh man.. that's the best thing EVER!
    edited August 2007
    AussieEvil wrote: »
    Who knew that they actually stood in front of a
    greenscreen
    for the
    reality 1.5
    segment?

That is the awesomeness of Marco Brezzo at work, right there.
  • edited August 2007
    I just got the DVD edition in the mail today and watched the bloopers on the disc and it is indeed 100% the same as on the site.
  • edited August 2007
    Dedlok wrote: »
    I just got the DVD edition in the mail today and watched the bloopers on the disc and it is indeed 100% the same as on the site.

Are the swear words bleeped out on the DVD edition too?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.