The Summer of Sam & Max

Comments

• edited July 2007
    Ah, there it is! Thanks Emily and Steve, you roxxors! :D
  • edited July 2007
    d(^_^)b

Awesome.
  • edited July 2007
    Fox wasn't right for Sam & Max anyway. You always want to try to appeal to the largest audience as possible, but a lot of little kids watch Fox. Sam & Max are naturally quite violent, and they should be. Personally I liked the cartoons despite the PG rating. If Steve ever wanted to someday, I'm sure he could get a spot on Cartoon Network.
  • edited July 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Fox wasn't right for Sam & Max anyway. You always want to try to appeal to the largest audience as possible, but a lot of little kids watch Fox. Sam & Max are naturally quite violent, and they should be. Personally I liked the cartoons despite the PG rating. If Steve ever wanted to someday, I'm sure he could get a spot on Cartoon Network.

Specifically, adult swim.
  • edited July 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Specifically, adult swim.

Ooo, good idea! I think Sam and Max would be perfect for them :D
  • edited July 2007
    I just love the Summer of Sam and Max! Thx for part three! :D
  • edited July 2007
    I want that little max figure thingie! and the cardboard cutout!
  • edited July 2007
    The concept art is awesome, as always. :D
  • edited July 2007
    I like the way it's presented, too. :)

--Erwin
  • jmmjmm
    edited July 2007
    I wonder about Spec's ad....

Maybe "Don't mess up.... Vote for Spec"?

Any chance to get some info about it Emily, Jake?
  • edited July 2007
    Has anyone told Kim that she has a really sweet voice? If not, somebody should :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Specs never got an ad, because it got too late. I was going to do a poppers for governer site with those ads, but we did Max for President instead :)
  • edited July 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Specs never got an ad, because it got too late. I was going to do a poppers for governer site with those ads, but we did Max for President instead :)

But what would've been Specs' slogan?
    edited July 2007
    Thats the other reason I never finished that one. :)
  • edited July 2007
    But what would've been Specs' slogan?

"I CAN'T see you!

..because my glasses just broke."

I don't know. Maybe he could get some sympathy votes. Any dude who looks like a kid and has broken glasses ought to get a few votes just out of pity. :D
  • edited July 2007
    By the way, I've noticed that Jared and Julian's commentary on Episode 4 is a few second off of the image... they note things that happen a few seconds later (for example their comment on the mailbox or the sound of the president's head getting punched off).
  • edited July 2007
    That's to allow you to really absorb the visuals ¬¬
  • edited July 2007
    Rrrrrright...
    edited July 2007
    It's sadly a bug that is real and nobody noticed despite (or possibly due to) watching the commentaries through 8 billion times.
  • edited July 2007
    I demand compensation! :mad:
    edited July 2007
    I'll give you triple the money back you paid for the free commentaries.
  • edited July 2007
    Well, that sounds fair... settled.

At least it's better than Bosco's "Buy 1 Get 1"-deal.
  • jmmjmm
    edited July 2007
    Or pay twice, 50% off
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    It's sadly a bug that is real and nobody noticed despite (or possibly due to) watching the commentaries through 8 billion times.

Or possibly a bug that we noticed and decided not to fix due to marketplace realities.
  • edited July 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    due to marketplace realities

... which probably show that in-sync audio-commentaries (not to be confused with n*sync-audio-commentaries) don't sell well, right?
  • edited July 2007
    ... which probably show that in-sync audio-commentaries (not to be confused with n*sync-audio-commentaries) don't sell well, right?

I demand an N*Sync audio commentary for at least one episode of Season 2.
  • edited July 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I demand an N*Sync audio commentary for at least one episode of Season 2.

:eek: -screams in terror!- :eek:

I didn't even notice the audio wasn't in sync anyway. :)
    edited July 2007
    Laserschwert notices that sort of thing. I noticed it, too, the moment it went up, but I didn't say anything, because I doubted that anyone other than Laserschwert or possibly Udvarnoky or jp-30 would notice. :) I was right, but failed to account for the forums!
  • edited July 2007
    Gee, if there's ever a Bone 3 it probably would be a good idea to do commentaries for those too. Actually, it would probably be a good idea to apply to same basic format that Sam & Max is following to as many future Telltale products as possible.
  • edited July 2007
    "That's not the [...] from Sam & Max!" :D
  • edited July 2007
    Laserschwert notices that sort of thing. I noticed it, too, the moment it went up, but I didn't say anything, because I doubted that anyone other than Laserschwert or possibly Udvarnoky or jp-30 would notice. :) I was right, but failed to account for the forums!

Which is just a small hint at not being too cheap when it comes to hush-money. :cool:
  • edited July 2007
    Can't wait for the rest two commentaries! Or especially, the Blooper Reel! :D
  • edited July 2007
    Oh, that's right! I've been looking forward to the commentaries, history, ect, that I forgot they made the bloopers that we wanted. :) Blooper... Does anyone else think that's as wierd a word as I do?

P.S. Don't forget to update the main page!
  • edited July 2007
    It's a shame the uncensored outtakes from the "bleep" sessions won't make it. I'm curious as to what the raw tracks sounded like given Jared's description of them.
  • edited July 2007
    :) Blooper... Does anyone else think that's as wierd a word as I do?

Well, yeah, at least it's a little funny. :p
    It's a shame the uncensored outtakes from the "bleep" sessions won't make it. I'm curious as to what the raw tracks sounded like given Jared's description of them.

It should be a private e-mail including the clips that you get, if you ask for one, and if you are under 18 or 16 or whatever, you would have to send a parent's permission. :D
  • edited July 2007
    I just watched the blooper reel on my shiny new Season One disc, and it's totally awesome. It had me in stitches the whole way through. Believe me, there's good reason they censored it (they even had to pixellate one scene). But trust me, there's one blooper in there that you literally won't be able to stop laughing at, mostly because it's so unexpected...
  • edited July 2007
    Which one? :)
    edited July 2007
    super-manic spinotron?
  • edited July 2007
    Super-Manic Spinotron was the perfect example for why the vid had to be censored, along with the spoon-bending bit, but I was more referring to the blooper involving the duo examining a certain set in the TV studio. (Don't want to give it away for those who haven't seen it.) That one made me literally ROFL...

And on that note, I have to ask...about how many of the bloopers were scripted, and how many were actual behind-the-scenes bloopers?
  • edited July 2007
    Woohoo, that's the one I did :)

All of the bloopers were voice recording outtakes, as far as I know.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.