The Summer of Sam & Max

Comments

• edited June 2007
    Oh man, that cake decoration is the BEST! I want it! hahahaha
  • edited June 2007
    loved the interview with mike and steve..surely they can get stemmle to do a bit of writing on season 2 *fingers crossed*
  • edited June 2007
    Now I've got to get married...
    Just to have a cake like that...:D
  • edited June 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    *whistles innocently*

give that podcast an ol' refresh. sorry about that! it should work now.
    Er, sorry, Jake. I still get BAS for all 3. Any suggestions?
  • edited June 2007
    try deleting and re-adding the podcast?
  • edited June 2007
    Interesting interview. Might want to pass on to Steve Purcell the magic of ScummVM when it comes to running Sam & Max these days, not to mention other old LucasArts games. I've even seen Sam & Max and Monkey Island played on a Nintendo DS with a specially compiled port of ScummVM.
  • edited June 2007
    I've seen Sam ans Max hit the road in store yeaterday in a new DVD case!!
    Seems like they selling it again.
    I wonder If that is a new version, in which you don't need scummVM
  • edited June 2007
    Bruno83 wrote: »

And you didn't get photographic proof?! Dear God, man!

The only thing about SCUMMVM that I don't like is that at the credit sequence to HTR, I can't shoot any of the crew like I used to 14 years ago. That, and the last part of the credit music is stuck in a loop even after the whole
    "The End... No, really, that's it.... You can stop playing now!"
    joke.
  • edited June 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    try deleting and re-adding the podcast?

Did it twice, actually...no luck.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    LrdPhoenix wrote: »
    Might want to pass on to Steve Purcell the magic of ScummVM when it comes to running Sam & Max these days

Haha... yes, we will. If we'd known he was having trouble running it, we would have told him long ago...
  • edited June 2007
    Zeek wrote: »

The only thing about SCUMMVM that I don't like is that at the credit sequence to HTR, I can't shoot any of the crew like I used to 14 years ago. That, and the last part of the credit music is stuck in a loop even after the whole
    joke.

I don't have that problem with ScummVM

But really
    How many people who are buyin this game nowadays will be able to play it without scummVM??
    I guess it must be a new version.
    But I still won't get it.
    My good old version still looks like brand new :D
  • edited June 2007
    Weird... when I tried re-downloading it this time, only the Production Commentary has the wrong audio...
  • edited June 2007
    Zeek wrote: »

joke.

Really? I've never had that problem with ScummVM before. I play through my collection of old LucasArts games (Zak, all the MIs, MM and DoT, Indy, etc.) at least once a year and haven't had any problems with any of them. I have more problems trying to get my old Sierra games to run. Alternatively, you can use DOSBox, which works well as well with any of the older games, including old classics like X-Com, but it takes a bit more technical know how.

Every once in a while I see an old game repackaged for sale. I think most recently I saw the CD version of Quest for Glory 4 in a Wal-Mart. I've also seen the various old Sierra and LucasArts collections from a decade or less ago on sale within the last year. I have to resist the urge to buy them even though I already own all the games included. Still looking for a copy of a CD I got with one of the collections I bought a decade or so ago that had a bunch of little neat Star Wars stuff on it like screensavers with little a little animated Darth Vader and Obi-Wan going at it and a rebel clock and empire clock screensaver and stuff. Wish I could find a copy of it or my CD. I found the CD a year or two ago and it still worked on WinXP.
  • edited June 2007
    Seen Sam & max hit the road in a DVD cover hidden away in a corner in EB Games last month. Was hidden away among games like Lemmings 3D and Monster truck madness in a big pile.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    In an EB located in the US?
  • edited June 2007

I found a battered and still boxed Full Throttle in the bargain bin in an EB here in Georgia a couple of years ago. No idea where it came from. The mall the EB is in wasn't even built until half a decade after the game was released. Who knows what treasures lurk in the dark recesses of the the Electronics Boutique bargain bin?
  • edited June 2007
    Nope, an EB located in Denmark in my case. And Full throttle is among these as well.
  • edited June 2007
    Seems like I ran my copy of Sam & Max (the original) on DosBox v.70. I might have used ScummVM to run it though, I'm not sure...
  • MelMel
    edited June 2007

Technically, EB and GameStop don't carry used PC games anymore. I know any locations I've been to around me stopped mid 2006. Recently (the last month), someone over at AG from the US was talking about getting used PC games at EB. I don't know if those are franchised so maybe it's a company policy that not every franchisee adheres to.

I may have missed the entire gist of the conversation. If so, ignore the above. Thank you and have a nice day. :)
  • edited June 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    Technically, EB and GameStop don't carry used PC games anymore. [/size]
    The one close to my house doesn't in the technical sense of having self space for it. What shelf space they do allot for PC titles is shared with their shelf for used DVDs, but both ends of that shelf have titles that generally suck. Their PC game titles are mostly tycoon games people tried and were (not surprisingly) disappointed with like Spring Break Tycoon.
  • edited June 2007
    sad news here.. this is false,
    It just depends on the store and size. Were mall sized stores couldnt cope with the new consoles old consoles and pc they started lowering and sometimes omitting pc games due to space. But go down the street to a huge ebgames.. say the one in San Francisco near "cioppino ont the wharf" off jefferson. It has everything since it has space. So in summary I live in Sacramento and I have yet to see a gamestop/eb without at least a few pc games.
  • edited June 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    There are no known sketches of Moo Hoo Man. He will forever remain a mystery. :(

I heard news that Moo Hoo Man was being discussed on here so I thought I could help shed some light on the mystery. He was a sort of cow/devil hybrid with claw hands.

I was able to dig up a few panels in which Moo Hoo Man thinks he's getting crapped upon by a bird. A villain (either Quincy Courtjester or Joe the Jogger, who Sam and Max eventually arrest) is actually above Moo Hoo, climbing on a limb.

http://www.orangezest.com/images/moohooman.jpg

I left out the rest of the panels because they're so poorly drawn you can't tell what the hell is happening.
  • edited June 2007
    Woah!! Where in the world did you get that? :/ Are you Steve undercover? Not that you would answer that. ;) I think Moo Hoo Man should make an appearance or have a part in the future. :) It looks more like a pig/bat/demon/lobster/sasquach hybrid then the cow/owl/human I predicted. :p

Update: Hey, that's David Purcell's website! Are you David, or did you just link there? :/
  • edited June 2007
    I didn't know they use the word "crap" back then. Oh wait, I did. My bad.

If you are David Purcell (most likely you are since the website where that image comes from is under construction,) you should reinvent with your brother and TellTale.

I mean you can recreate the character into a hot chick since the Devil/Cow combo seems so fitting. Man, I think I watch and look at too many hentai/adult content. LOL
  • edited June 2007
    Mmmmm, hot chick. Can never have too many of those. ;)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    I was able to dig up a few panels in which Moo Hoo Man thinks he's getting crapped upon by a bird. A villain (either Quincy Courtjester or Joe the Jogger, who Sam and Max eventually arrest) is actually above Moo Hoo, climbing on a limb.

This couldn't be any funnier. :D

Thanks for sharing. You have no idea how many times the intricacies of Moo Hoo Man have been discussed in our office in recent weeks.
  • edited July 2007
    I can't wait to hear the design and production commentary on the subject about Leonard this coming Tuesday. :D As well as Jared's comments about the Ted E. Bear song!
  • edited July 2007
    LrdPhoenix wrote: »
    Still looking for a copy of a CD I got with one of the collections I bought a decade or so ago that had a bunch of little neat Star Wars stuff on it like screensavers with little a little animated Darth Vader and Obi-Wan going at it and a rebel clock and empire clock screensaver and stuff. Wish I could find a copy of it or my CD. I found the CD a year or two ago and it still worked on WinXP.

This is one robust piece of software. Found the CD yesterday and Star Wars Screen Entertainment still works perfectly on Windows Vista. A couple of the things seem to have some problems with the faster clock, but the good ones all work well.
  • edited July 2007
    So, like, ummmm... It's July 3rd.

DUDE, where's my content?

:p
  • edited July 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    So, like, ummmm... It's July 3rd.

4th of July here now D;
  • edited July 2007
    Well I don't think many people who live in California care a whole lot about the date in a location more than 7 timezones east of them...
    edited July 2007
    What are you guys talking about? Maybe you need to clear your cache or something, I see all the content up there.

¬ ¬
  • edited July 2007
    Dude, that was SOOOoooooooooooooo not there a moment ago.

:rolleyes:
  • edited July 2007
    Is it up yet?
  • edited July 2007
    I don't see it :(
    edited July 2007
    We don't forget things like this, and it's still Tuesday here :) Hang tight.
  • edited July 2007
    hang_in_there.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Thhanks for that, it perfectly sums up my above post.
  • edited July 2007
    Is it still Tuesday there?
    edited July 2007
    I don't know, it just says "today" next to your post, but I see a new page up on the site.

(Thanks as usual to Emily and Steve Purcell for putting these together!)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.