TV series DVDs from Shout! Factory... Could it be? COULD IT BE?

Comments

• edited January 2008
    Quuux wrote: »
    Looking at the track listing, I see the missing ep 'fools die on friday' hooray

Why is the episode 'missing'?
  • edited January 2008
    Sam & Max attempt to foil a blimp hijacking, only to find the demented terrorist is Lorne, The Friend for Life.

That probably had something to do with it. But given the fact that the show aired in the 90's and LONG before 9-11, I don't understand why it is missing from the original air date either.
  • edited January 2008
    Heh I'm so obsessed with that ep not appearing in the previous official lineup that I added that summary to wikipedia
  • edited January 2008
    Are you saying that I just quoted misinformation?
  • edited January 2008
    It was just to brutal for kids tv.. bottom line.. was missing from the tapes.. but it DID air...
  • edited January 2008
    hmm, to brutal for kids...good thing it's on the dvd.
  • edited January 2008
    I meant the kids tv program.. or fox tv... whatever :P
  • edited January 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Are you saying that I just quoted misinformation?

Nope, I have seen the episode, just in poor quality.
  • edited February 2008
    Hi,

Anyone knows if it is a region free dvd or USA/Canada only?
  • edited February 2008
    its region free
  • edited February 2008
    Just preordered the collection from Amazon. I figured this would also be a good time to finally get Hit the Road so I picked that up for about $35 on Amazon. Hopefully HTR will get here this week.
    In other news, I believe my total for money spent on Sam and Max stuff this week just went up to about $130 or so. >_>
  • edited February 2008
    I'm curious. Does anyone know how much shipping to Ireland from Shout! Factory is? It's just TT's shipping is 9.95 dollars and I would prefer a cheaper option. :)
  • edited February 2008
    More places are selling it you know. Try amazon, they're pretty reasonable.
  • edited February 2008
    Still, I hate checking Amazon and seeing the shipping in sterling. Then, realizing how much more it is in euros :) But , I might just ask my dad (owner of the almighty credit card) to pay for shipping. :D
  • edited February 2008
    have you seen the review on amazon, pure brilliance

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0012680AI/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

EDIT: amazon price inc shipping to the UK is $33.47 apparently
  • edited February 2008
    I feel insulted that my guide is not the first thing on their "So You'd Like To" list.
  • edited February 2008
    patters wrote: »
    have you seen the review on amazon, pure brilliance

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0012680AI/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

EDIT: amazon price inc shipping to the UK is $33.47 apparently

Ha ha! Love the review!

Eeek! 33.47 dollars! I knew it would be steep but Eeek! :eek:

P.S. Are you on Amazon.com or .co.uk
  • edited February 2008
    Ha ha! Love the review!

Eeek! 33.47 dollars! I knew it would be steep but Eeek! :eek:

P.S. Are you on Amazon.com or .co.uk

that is only a bit above £15 which isn't at all bad for a dvd set a season of say futurama retails at £39.99 but sells at £17.99

EDIT: that is .com
  • edited February 2008
    Well, it's only $26.99 USD. IMO that's a really good price for what it is. ;)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    We got a few advance copies of the discs at the office a couple weeks ago, and I just finished watching through all three discs last night. The show still isn't entirely my cup of tea, but had a lot more funny and very Sam & Max feeling moments than I remember, and I was genuinely bummed out when I got through the last episode -- an episode in which it felt like it finally clicked for the team what the show should be about, how it should look, how the characters should move etc -- and realized that there would be no more. Also, the whole package is done very nicely, with menus very reminiscent of the show, and a nice handful of special features. I haven't flicked through the show bible yet, but the Comic-Con footage of Steve talking and sketching was cool to see (though they did frequently edit it so it looked like he was all alone talking to himself!). It's an all-around quality set - a far cooler treatment than I ever expected the Sam & Max cartoon show to get - so all of you who watched the show back in the day and are looking forward to the disc are most likely in for a treat.
  • edited February 2008
    Any chance we could get some snapshots of the packaging, inside and out? Maybe for the store?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    I'll try to put some stuff up in the next couple days.
  • edited February 2008
    If you visit www.shoutfactory.com , you can see Steve's video greeting to the site. The greetings are located in the television on the left-hand side and are totally random (cast members from My So-Called Life, Richard Thompson, The Bangles, etc.), so you might have to refresh a few times, but he's there. And he has guests with him.

Thanks for the kind words, Jake. Glad you liked the set.

Brian
  • edited February 2008
    Nice find there dg10050. :) The trailer is especially cool.

I was thinking... print of the DVD cover, anyone?
  • edited February 2008
    Bward wrote: »
    If you visit www.shoutfactory.com , you can see Steve's video greeting to the site. The greetings are located in the television on the left-hand side and are totally random (cast members from My So-Called Life, Richard Thompson, The Bangles, etc.), so you might have to refresh a few times, but he's there. And he has guests with him.

I got lucky and got it as soon as I clicked the site. :D
  • edited February 2008
    good trailer!
  • edited February 2008
    Nice find there dg10050. :) The trailer is especially cool.

I was thinking... print of the DVD cover, anyone?

People are gonna run out of wall space soon!

Maybe Steve should have a Sam & Max art show. Something fancy with wine, top hats and canes.
  • edited February 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Maybe Steve should have a Sam & Max art show. Something fancy with wine, top hats and canes.

We no longer wear top hats, and the canes are just for the people who have trouble walking. But the wine is still around. And depending on the demographic, it is often out numbered by beer 5 to 1!! At least at our art shows. :D
  • edited February 2008
    Sweeeeet........I can't wait 'til mine ship! :D
  • edited February 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    We no longer wear top hats, and the canes are just for the people who have trouble walking. But the wine is still around. And depending on the demographic, it is often out numbered by beer 5 to 1!! At least at our art shows. :D

What are you talking about?!?! I wouldn't be caught dead outside without my top hat and at least 2 monocles I would feel naked otherwise.
  • edited February 2008
    SamMax.jpg

Never noticed this on shout factory before :O
  • edited February 2008
    Looks like a vacation photo from the Tiny Tiki bar.
  • edited February 2008
    Love that robot.
  • edited February 2008
    Is it a baby Maimtron 9000?
  • edited February 2008
    Still, I hate checking Amazon and seeing the shipping in sterling. Then, realizing how much more it is in euros :) But , I might just ask my dad (owner of the almighty credit card) to pay for shipping. :D
    xChri5x on page 20, posted a link to CD Universe who are doing pre-orders for USD $14.14 and ships internationally for $8 standard and $11 expedited.

It's been at that price for awhile so I think it's staying that way.

Wow, looking around. Circuit City and Overstock.com are preordering it at about $20. Didn't think other major retailers would actually have a lower price than Amazon!
  • edited February 2008
    I just bought the set on ebay for 16.99.

The seller actually has the item so it should be here in less than 2 weeks! I'm surprised no one else bid on the auction though. Not only did I pay significantly less than I would in stores, I'm going to be getting it a few weeks before the release date!
  • edited February 2008
    The skeptic in me wants photos when you get it, with time stamps.
  • edited February 2008
    The rule stickler in me wants to report the seller for breaking street date.

The Sam & Max fan in me just wants a copy. :D
  • edited February 2008
    Yeah, I'd really like to know who's selling it early. I mean, retailers don't even have it, yet, so it would be someone who is somehow affiliated with the plant or an online critic that's selling the copy we sent them.

Brian
Sign in to comment in this discussion.