TV series DVDs from Shout! Factory... Could it be? COULD IT BE?

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    What's that one all the way on the right? Is it one of the comic books?
    Yeah. That is... Actually, I'd like to know. I recognize it from the StH cover gallery, but that's it.
  • edited February 2008
    It's the Y-files VHS tape. The only one I bought back in the day!

The cover is in Surfin' the Highway? nice!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    That old "Y Files" cover isn't in Surfin the Highway, nor has it ever been (none of the VHS casette covers made it into the book, probably because two out of the three VHS covers were just blown up cels from the show. Only the Y Files cover was based on a Purcell illustration, to my knowledge). That cover art was posted on samandmax.net back in the day, but it wasn't in the book.
  • edited February 2008
    Bward wrote: »
    As I suspected, the copy you received was a promo copy we sent out to someone, hence the sticker covering the barcode on the back of the box.

Reviewers and the like, apparently, can't be trusted.

Enjoy!

Brian

Whatever happen to distributing copys of the DVDs with a big "SCREENER COPY - DO NOT RESALE" watermark on the video?
  • edited February 2008
    The copy I bought was sealed up and never opened, so whoever was suppost to review it never did.
  • edited February 2008
    hmm, i could do better reviews than that...why isn't anybody sending me dvds??
  • edited February 2008
    In all honesty.. I couldn't stand the TV series. Well, I could, but only with the sound muted and the subtitles on. I could not stand Sam & Max's voices... Sometimes Max would be tolerable, but otherwise they drove me nuts.
  • edited February 2008
    I was watching A Glitch in Time and I noticed after it ended one of the shorts on disc 3 started playing. I think they all might be attached to their original episodes as well
  • edited February 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I love those dvd covers! Any chance of a Day Of The Tentacle one?
    Only Laserschwert knows. ;)
    Until now I hadn't realized you're hosting those too... thanks anyway ;)
    I wasn't. I just saw xChri5x's post and added them to them download section.
  • edited February 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Yeah. That is... Actually, I'd like to know. I recognize it from the StH cover gallery, but that's it.
    Oh, wait, no it wasn't. My bad.
    It reminded me of one of the covers. And it was small.
  • edited February 2008
    DasJan wrote: »
    Only Laserschwert knows. ;)

I think he was referring to the covers by Clem that are available at AT.de as well. So, only Clem knows...
  • edited March 2008
    Two days! Two days!

I wet myself with excitement.
  • edited March 2008
    I just received an email from Amazon.com saying that my set shipped!
    The estimated arrival date is March 17, 2008, but that's always about a week off for me. I usually receive items with super-saver shipping about three days after it's actually picked up by USPS. I'll probably get it on Wednesday. I can't wait! :)
  • edited March 2008
    Will the dvd set be a Region 0 or just 1? That's important from us living outside the US. Thanks
  • edited March 2008
    I'm pretty sure it's region free. At least that's what Jake said. ;)
  • edited March 2008
    Thanks, I hoped so!!:)
  • edited March 2008
    dg10050 wrote: »
    I just received an email from Amazon.com saying that my set shipped!
    The estimated arrival date is March 17, 2008, but that's always about a week off for me. I usually receive items with super-saver shipping about three days after it's actually picked up by USPS. I'll probably get it on Wednesday. I can't wait! :)

I got that e-mail for my order as well! Can't wait!
  • edited March 2008
    Chris23 wrote: »

???

It's region free if that's what you're getting at.
  • edited March 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    ???

It's region free if that's what you're getting at.

No it's not that.

It's not available at my local retailer webstore to buy, only accessable in the U.S.

And if the company that owns the rights don't distribute it in Sweden also
    it's impossible for me to enjoy the Sam & Max TV Episodes. :(
  • edited March 2008
    Many online stores sell it as well as ebay and *ahem*. If you try hard enough you'll find a way.
  • edited March 2008
    hmm, amazon.com had no problem when i tried to order it and the telltale store should also work...and considering that the price is still under 20€ you probably won't even be charged customs dues.
  • edited March 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    hmm, amazon.com had no problem when i tried to order it and the telltale store should also work...and considering that the price is still under 20€ you probably won't even be charged customs dues.

The problem is that I don't have a credit card....:rolleyes:

So I have to pray instead that Sweden import the tvseries of Sam & Max. :cool:
  • edited March 2008
    A glowing review from Toon Zone.
  • edited March 2008
    Chris23 wrote: »
    The problem is that I don't have a credit card....:rolleyes:
    ohh, right..you already mentioned that elsewhere. sorry..
    ...then ebay should be worth a try. for example: last week i saw a german ebay-shop selling the new sam&max surfin the highway. so there will probably be some swedish guy having some of the dvds..
  • edited March 2008
    ohh, right..you already mentioned that elsewhere. sorry..
    ...then ebay should be worth a try. for example: last week i saw a german ebay-shop selling the new sam&max surfin the highway. so there will probably be some swedish guy having some of the dvds..

it's okey you can't read every thread and know everything. :)
  • edited March 2008
    A glowing review from Toon Zone.

I like the part where the reviewer suggests the show could be dropped into adult swim's comedy line up. :D
  • edited March 2008
    I am so overly excited to pick this up tomorrow it is not funny. I have been wanting the series for some time, and while I have watched a majority of them on Youtube and Gametap, actually have them on a disc will be fantastic.

I was going to order through Telltale, but I have some Best Buy certificates that are expiring soon, and I can't beat getting the series for $15.

Work can not end soon enough tomorrow.
  • edited March 2008
    I could only find one easter egg. I'm pretty sure there aren't anymore but if there are I'm sure more people will find them.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    I like the part where the reviewer suggests the show could be dropped into adult swim's comedy line up. :D

I like the part where they call the Telltale featurette an advertisement. :D
  • edited March 2008
    I found it for US$14.14 from www.cduniverse.com (they ship worldwide too)
  • edited March 2008
    I just got the notification that it shipped from CDUniverse. I should have it between Wednesday and Friday if all goes well.

Unfortunately I live in an area where BestBuy doesn't carry a lot of the season sets for cartoon titles (they don't have Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, for example). Apparently they don't even have the ability to get it, according to their system. Walmart is in the same boat, as are the other stores in the area.

Luckily, I do live in the US so I can always order online. :)
  • edited March 2008
    backslash wrote: »
    I found it for US$14.14 from www.cduniverse.com (they ship worldwide too)
    that's almost half the lists price...how?

btw, where are those bundle offers i heard so much about?
  • edited March 2008
    that's almost half the lists price...how?
    No idea, just a really good special! I didn't find it until after I bought mine from DVDPacific for US$18
  • edited March 2008
    Thanks for finding this! I just ordered them today -- can't wait :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    btw, where are those bundle offers i heard so much about?

Coming later today. I was able to deploy the DVD from home, but not the bundles, so it'll have to wait until I get to work. :p
  • edited March 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Coming later today. I was able to deploy the DVD from home, but not the bundles, so it'll have to wait until I get to work. :p

Uh-oh. Bundles? I'd like to know about these before I go to the store tonight...
  • edited March 2008
    *Crosses fingers for DVD+Hardback StH bundle*
  • edited March 2008
    It's all sitting in my basket right now. Just waiting for those bundles to come up so I don't kick myself for not waiting if there's a good deal.
  • edited March 2008
    Went to circuit city, best buy, fye, and walmart. No one has it or has even heard of it being released. :( I wanted it in my hands today, I'll probably have to order it online.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.