[WD] Can't Play EP2 on PlayStation [RESOLVED - restart the game]

edited December 2012 in Game Support
Hey guys, i have downloaded Episode 2 from the playstation store and installed it. when i got to play it, it sends me back to the main ps3 screen, i have seen other players have this issue also, any fix?

Comments

• edited June 2012
    The game just takes me back to the home screen. Help?
  • edited June 2012
    Bump for having the same issue, I'm installing a 2nd time will update when i get a result

UPDATE: Siltch, nada... unable to continue from ep.1 without being booted to home screen. For that matter can't even start anew just for Ep. 2
  • edited June 2012
    I have this problem too. Restarting doesn't help.
  • edited June 2012
    Same thing is happening to me!
  • edited June 2012
    Same here and not very happy.
  • edited June 2012
    same here...really frustrating that we wait so long for episodes to come out then neither time has it gone smooth for me
  • edited June 2012
    Just downloaded episode 2 for PS3 and have the same problem everyone else is having, when I try to load it from my game 1 save it kicks me back to the main PS3 screen. What's up?
  • edited June 2012
    Same thing happened to me. We've been waiting a long time for this to come out now when it does we can't even play it.
  • edited June 2012
    Bump.
  • edited June 2012
    Same problem here.
  • edited June 2012
    awesome same problem here
  • edited June 2012
    same issue. seriously they make us wait 3 freaking months for the game to be release then they cant even give us the benefit of monitoring the forums and replying to us having the ps3 boot to main without replying and at least telling us they working on it, seriously wtf COME ON JACKASSES
  • edited June 2012
    Been watching TWD release uber thread closely (both of them) and patiently waited on the sidelines.

Watched Xbox get it, watched PC get it and now I have it.......
    BUT, oh wait, its broken? Can this be? Surely with as much time spent silently (Some storm) in preperation it can't be?

Have the day off, not sitting around waiting for some game to come out. Who can afford to do that anyways and please, fill me in.

Not going to repeat the same shit everyone else has said, that horse is unrecognizable but, I signed up only to stress the bad taste that's been left in my mouth by this unfortunate turn of events.
  • edited June 2012
    Hi, just downloaded episode 2 for my PS 3 and it will not lauch. I click on my last save and click on PLAY episode 2 and it just kicks me back to the main PS3 menu? Any ideas?
  • edited June 2012
    The PS3 release is not working. I downloaded the episode and installed it normally, but now it just boots me back to the selection screen (like others have described here).
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah same here :/ my heart was racing when it was dowloading but then I tried to play and nothing :/
  • edited June 2012
    When i load Ep. 2,
    it exits the game,
    and takes me back to my home page!

What am I doing wrong?
  • edited June 2012
    This is not an isolated event involving a handful of Playstation 3 systems. The official Playstation blog is exploding with complaints. No one can play Episode 2.

And obviously, I'm having the same problem. After selecting episode 2, the game kicks me out to the dashboard.
  • edited June 2012
    your not doing anything wrong, were all having the issues and these butt bags refuse to answer us as to whats going on.
  • edited June 2012
    jbFromNYC wrote: »
    When i load Ep. 2,
    it exits the game,
    and takes me back to my home page!

What am I doing wrong?

There's something wrong with Episode 2. No one can play it...
  • edited June 2012
    I would seriously love to play Episode 2, but I keep getting booted to the XMB. What the hell, Tale Tell?!
  • edited June 2012
    I'm looking into this now, and I appreciate your patience. I'll update the thread as soon as I have more information.

Have any of you tried deleting episode 2 and redownloading it?
  • edited June 2012
    As Max Payne would say.......
    "GODDAMMIT!"
    No, but really, I came from the Playstation Blog to find some answers and I arrive to find that the staff members don't give a shit about us.
  • edited June 2012
    @Mike
    I did, and it did the same thing. Booted me to the homescreen.
  • edited June 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    I'm looking into this now, and I appreciate your patience. I'll update the thread as soon as I have more information.

Have any of you tried deleting episode 2 and redownloading it?
    \

Thanks for the update, Mike.

I have actually done this twice; it still kicks me out to the dashboard.
  • edited June 2012
    fix it
  • edited June 2012
    I think everyone has tried deleting and reinstalling, I also tried a shutdown and restart. Thanks for replying to us
  • edited June 2012
    Hi, I tried to delete and re-download but it still kicks me back to the main PS3 screen...I hope you guys can figure this out. We all love your games.....
  • edited June 2012
    @yourgamesbroke
    Lol. Are you from the Playstation Blog?
  • edited June 2012
    I'm having the same issue. Has anyone with a PS3 been able to play this?
  • edited June 2012
    as soon as i start to play the episode screen goes blank then back to home screen any help..i mean its not like i paid for this game and have'nt got to play it or the release is way behind you guys didn't test???

any hope of a partial refund?
  • edited June 2012
    its not Telltale games its Tell"lies" games.
  • edited June 2012
    Okay, so I've been lurking on the forum for a while now, but decided to join just now to express my disappointment as well.

As every other PS3 user has already stated, I downloaded the game then tried to play episode 2 using my save game from the first episode and it just kicks me to the home screen.

I didn't buy the first episode the day it came out or anything, so maybe I have little "right" to complain...but I did buy the season pass...and we had to wait longer than expected for the release of the new episode, and it really is ridiculous that after all of the waiting the new episode finally launches and it doesn't even work the way it's supposed to.

Very frustrating. I've already played the first episode several times, I don't want to have to go start from scratch yet again...and even then, is there ANY guarantee that the second episode will actually work? They seriously need to get on this. Ridiculous.
  • edited June 2012
    Its my day off from work...I really wanted to continue the game (loved the first chapter) and now its not working for PS3 - and yes Ive tried re downloading and installing)

It just kicks me to the main menu-hope you guys fix it asap :(
  • edited June 2012
    I cant start it as whell ,on ps3 , it sends me back to ps3 starting menu. WTF a 2 month wayt for nothing ,ttg this is awfull. i bought the season pass too, make it right before the fucking weekend come , PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2012
    I've had no luck so far, at least they're looking into it.

It's understandable to be a bit frustrated, but the people acting immature aren't really helping. Give them a bit of time, before flipping out.
  • edited June 2012
    So, I tried deleting one of my saves and starting ep2 with random choices.
    NO BEUNO.
    DONT DELETE YOUR SAVES lol
  • edited June 2012
    Whenever I click play on episode 2 in the episode menu on the PS3 version of the game, my screen goes black for awhile then sends me back to my main PS3 menu with my games,trophies etc. Ive tried redownloading Episode 2 and it did not change anything. Right now Im deleting episode 1 and redownloading that AND episode 2 to see if anything changes. TELLTALE PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP
  • edited June 2012
    Another problem... when I tried playing Episode 1, now all of the dialogue options are completely blank. The cross-section that usually displays the buttons (for dialogue options) is completely blank and pushing buttons does absolutely nothing. So now I can't even play episode 1!
  • edited June 2012
    Reagles14 wrote: »
    Just downloaded episode 2 for PS3 and have the same problem everyone else is having, when I try to load it from my game 1 save it kicks me back to the main PS3 screen. What's up?

same here
This discussion has been closed.