[WD] Can't Play EP2 on PlayStation [RESOLVED - restart the game]

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Ok, I'm glad to know it's not just me and my boyfriend. lol
  • edited June 2012
    I agree with you Task, we are all excited to play episode 2 but it doesn't work. Lets give them a little time to check into it. We all love their games, right...
  • edited June 2012
    Add me to the list of PS3 users who can't play Chapter 2. It does exactly the same thing others are describing. Game loads, can select the previous saved game, toggle to Chapter 2, select play, black screen with noises as it looks like it's loading...then black screen with silence...then back to my PS3 screen, as if I never selected Walking Dead. :confused:
  • edited June 2012
    browncg2 wrote: »
    Another problem... when I tried playing Episode 1, now all of the dialogue options are completely blank. The cross-section that usually displays the buttons (for dialogue options) is completely blank and pushing buttons does absolutely nothing. So now I can't even play episode 1!

Your having a really bad time then, cause I'm going through Ep.1 and I'm good on dialogue
  • edited June 2012
    Helooow! Ok, I was also a "lurker"/"Post stalker" until now...have to state, I have been hounding our PS3 FOR HOURS for Walking Dead Ep. 2 (HUGE fan of the comics and series)...And now my man is trying to kick me off to play Mass Effect 3 (which I've already beat, so I could care less)...All I'm going to plead is HURRY UP PS3!!! A girl needs her zombie fix, and she needs it now!!!

Thanks for letting me get that of my chest :)
  • edited June 2012
    Ugh. Well, like other mature people have said, we should at least try to be patient. I bought the game the first day it came out, with the season pass, and I was expecting better from TellTale. But shit happens, right?
  • edited June 2012
    ive got a bad feeling we won't be playing episode 2 until monday...and that sucks
  • edited June 2012
    Reagles14 wrote: »
    I agree with you Task, we are all excited to play episode 2 but it doesn't work. Lets give them a little time to check into it. We all love their games, right...

2 months not long enough?
  • edited June 2012
    Hopefully this gets fixed soon and we'll still be able to play Episode 2 today...
  • edited June 2012
    Helooow! Ok, I was also a "lurker"/"Post stalker" until now...have to state, I have been hounding our PS3 FOR HOURS for Walking Dead Ep. 2 (HUGE fan of the comics and series)...And now my man is trying to kick me off to play Mass Effect 3 (which I've already beat, so I could care less)...All I'm going to plead is HURRY UP PS3!!! A girl needs her zombie fix, and she needs it now!!!

Thanks for letting me get that of my chest :)

Might as well go see the Extended Cut of ME3 now. Doubt this is gonna be fixed in like 5 minutes.
  • edited June 2012
    Same proplem just want to join in on the rabling rablerablerable! Watched this post for the last thirty min went from 0 to thousands of views I am sure they know and are doing something
  • edited June 2012
    This is kinda ridiculous...of course EVERY other version works except for PS3...why is it that PS users always get screwed compared to every other gaming platform? I love the system but I think I'm just going to give up and get an xbox once the next-gen consoles come out. They get all of the exclusive early dates, and at least their stuff actually works lol PSN gets no love
  • edited June 2012
    I cant believe how messed up this is, makes me wonder if they even bother to test this $^@% FFS
  • edited June 2012
    Here's a question does it matter where you downloaded Episode 2. Since I downloaded it from directly in the PS Store. Any of you guys download Episode 2 using the in-game menu and end up with the same results??
  • edited June 2012
    Reagles14 wrote: »

The game was already a month later than we were originally told....then when the new date comes it doesn't release in a "timely" fashion. Finally, it releases but it's broken.....you tell me, when am I allowed to be upset about something I already paid for?
  • edited June 2012
    I'm having the same issue as everyone else, as well. This is super frustrating. I was really looking forward to this.
    Edit: I downloaded in game, still same problem
  • edited June 2012
    My thoughts after trying this:

3pwyf4

Great, so I'm just playing ep.1 for new choices, weeeeeee?
  • edited June 2012
    Still not working. I wonder if the XBox or PC versions have the same problem? Great way to start off the weekend!
  • edited June 2012
    I blame Psn and not telltale in this instance. Works everywhere but Ps3, so I blame them. This sucks. I was so excited to play, now I STILL can't. Getting only microsoft systems from now on. Sony seems so second rate. Get releases later, resident evil and skyrim demo/dawnguard MONTHS before ps3.
  • edited June 2012
    http://youtu.be/qJCo_1QacRo

Already Posted A Video About This!
  • edited June 2012
    Also the Walking Dead Main Menu like twitches out when I first start it. That should've been my first sign that something was wrong. Im someone who is a HUGE fan of Telltale but Im extremely dissapointed in this. I mean dont they test the games before they send them for certafication?
  • edited June 2012
    Felldoh wrote: »
    Here's a question does it matter where you downloaded Episode 2. Since I downloaded it from directly in the PS Store. Any of you guys download Episode 2 using the in-game menu and end up with the same results??
    Yes. It has to be the game itself, because no matter what I try I get booted to the XMB.
  • edited June 2012
    all they had to do was load this game onto a ps3 to know it didnt work, but i guess that would be asking to much
  • edited June 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    I'm looking into this now, and I appreciate your patience. I'll update the thread as soon as I have more information.

Have any of you tried deleting episode 2 and redownloading it?

Yes Ive tried this twice with just Episode 2 and even once with Episode 1 and 2. No changes.
  • edited June 2012
    What the hell is going on. Episode 2 not playing. Redirects me to playstation dashboard bout to slap someone
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2012
    We're looking into it...
  • edited June 2012
    I blame Psn and not telltale in this instance. Works everywhere but Ps3, so I blame them. This sucks. I was so excited to play, now I STILL can't. Getting only microsoft systems from now on. Sony seems so second rate. Get releases later, resident evil and skyrim demo/dawnguard MONTHS before ps3.

pretty sure Betheda has some deal with M$, all of their add on content comes out months later for pc and ps3, hell fallout 3s add on content didnt release on ps3 for at least a year

on that note i too am having the same issue, tried restarting and re downloading it twice
  • edited June 2012
    I want my freaking money back. Telltale games is horrible. I will never buy anything of theirs again.
  • edited June 2012
    This is f*cking ridiculous!!! 2 whole months and the game can't even make it past the main menu?!?! WHAT WERE THEY DOING THAT WHOLE TIME, RE-WATCHING SEASON 2 OF THE SHOW?!?! ....cos that's what I did.......
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks for deleting my post.

Once again, you guys dropped the ball. Unbelievable.
  • edited June 2012
    Kevin wrote: »
    We're looking into it...

Maybe you guys should have done that when you released the game a month late.
  • edited June 2012
    Now my xmb on my playstation is glitching after I downloaded this. Anyone else.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2012
    Pissed wrote: »
    Thanks for deleting my post.

Thanks for expressing your thoughts somewhat more constructively in the next one.

Guys, I'm sure they're investigating this as top priority as we speak.
  • edited June 2012
    Now my xmb on my playstation is glitching after I downloaded this. Anyone else.

Nope, my XMB is working just fine just waiting for them to patch the game so we can get started playing Episode 2 hopefully today.
  • edited June 2012
    This is partly why I hate downloadable games...especially episodic ones. This would never happen if it had a physical retail release. I think someone needs to give Telltale the resources they need to make full retail games so crap like this doesn't happen. I feel worse for fans of Sonic the Hedgehog 4 though cos it took, like, what, a whole YEAR before episode 2 came out? And it's just a simple platform game.

At least incidents like these will be strong cases against consoles that only play digital download titles like how everyone thought the next Xbox would be.
  • edited June 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Thanks for expressing your thoughts somewhat more constructively in the next one.

Guys, I'm sure they're investigating this as top priority as we speak.

Yeah, Im sure they're doing everything they can to get this thing going. Blah blah blah. Bottom line is, this shouldn't be happening. They already released it a month later than they claimed they would and now that its out, it doesn't even work. Everyone who payed for the season pass should be angry, this is BS.
  • edited June 2012
    my excitement went away as quick as it came
  • edited June 2012
    Relax people, it's not the end of the world. I also bought the season pass and would like to play but guess what things don't always work. I'm sure this will be fixed in no time. No need to freak out and.
  • edited June 2012
    vVvZero wrote: »
    This is partly why I hate downloadable games...especially episodic ones. This would never happen if it had a physical retail release. I think someone needs to give Telltale the resources they need to make full retail games so crap like this doesn't happen. I feel worse for fans of Sonic the Hedgehog 4 though cos it took, like, what, a whole YEAR before episode 2 came out? And it's just a simple platform game.

At least incidents like these will be strong cases against consoles that only play digital download titles like how everyone thought the next Xbox would be.

Ehhhh I dont agree. I mean look at the PS3 Version of Skyrim. Nuff said
  • edited June 2012
    (yes, i created an account just for this issue/post)

WOW. you have GOT to be shittin' me. i was ok with the general wait for episode 2, i eyerolled at the "everyone but 360 players have to wait two more days!" factor, and THIS is the result?!

i can tell by the quality of the back to the future titles and episode 1 of the walking dead that telltale truly work hard to deliver quality titles. i had more fun with episode 1 of walking dead than i have a lot of other zombie games in their entirety. i've got to say, though, that at this point i imagine telltale is probably cursed. not in a legal/financial sense, i mean i think there's a damn voodoo priest who's hidden some talisman or dead animal somewhere in their offices, and i hope that the time between now and the eventual patch for episode 2 is well-spent searching the drywall and ventilation ducts for just such an artifact. i really can't come up with another explanation.

pre-ordered the season on ps3, no problems with episode 1, got episode 2 from within the game, got the same boot-out issue as everyone else on episode 2. redownloading now, but (no offense) i doubt it'll change much.

c'mon, telltale; what the flip?
This discussion has been closed.