[WD] Can't Play EP2 on PlayStation [RESOLVED - restart the game]

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Backlace wrote: »
    Wait, Episode 2 ISN'T working?

Stop the fucking presses.

Someone start a forum topic, let's get this figured out.

You know, you want everyone to stop bitching but you're not really helping. I mean, are you really whining and bitching about people whining and bitching? I get that it's annoying to see people complaining when complaining isn't making anything happen faster but being sarcastic when people are just trying to vent frustration doesn't help anything. If you don't want to read it, go do something for a few days and check back, I mean, you can wait right?
  • edited June 2012
    xbox user: "hey remember that part in walking dead episode 2 when Lee--"
    ps3 user (like myself): "No i DONT remember that part because freaking TELL LIES GAMES keeps us held back from getting episode 2 for almost 3 months and then when it DOES come out, we're all so excited and happy as we sit and wait for it to download and as soon as we hit play! BOOM back to the main menu."
    xbox user: ".... Yeah that was my favourite part too.."
  • edited June 2012
    im better off going on you tube and watching walk throughs and pretend im playing it. i just want to know how long this is gunna take..................

Hahaha Might as well do that. I did watch a little bit on youtube. I couldn't help myself :(
  • edited June 2012
    well i started from episode 1 and played it thru and now its working for me. but had to start from episode 2 on the part from pharmacy
  • edited June 2012
    I doubt any "person" is responsible. Its probably something wrong in the coding or something. Its not like Telltale would sabotage their own game

I'm sure they won't want to sabotage their own game. If you think about how all other game companies have to deliver the packages games to every BestBuy, GameStop etc all over the country on time for opening of the release date, you see that Telltale is already saving a lot of money and trouble. Yet they failed to deliver a playable game on time. I do not question the capabilities of the developers and engineers, but there is something not working within that company that is causing problems.
  • edited June 2012
    You know, you want everyone to stop bitching but you're not really helping. I mean, are you really whining and bitching about people whining and bitching? I get that it's annoying to see people complaining when complaining isn't making anything happen faster but being sarcastic when people are just trying to vent frustration doesn't help anything. If you don't want to read it, go do something for a few days and check back, I mean, you can wait right?

Like I said previously

:cool:

Haters are my motivators.
  • edited June 2012
    DrakuLe wrote: »
    well i started from episode 1 and played it thru and now its working for me. but had to start from episode 1 on the part from pharmacy
    meant episode 1 pharmacy
  • edited June 2012
    DrakuLe wrote: »
    well i started from episode 1 and played it thru and now its working for me. but had to start from episode 2 on the part from pharmacy

Wait episode two is working? Hmm
  • edited June 2012
    I need to record my playthrough!
    The longer I have to wait the less views I will get !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL5OnFB1_DI
  • edited June 2012
    Jessabeth wrote: »
    Constructive criticism, sure. Needless comments on how "Zomg, I'm going to quit and never play again!!111!!"? Not so much. Those type of comments won't help anyone, nor will it motivate any faster working.

Despite everyone throwing attitude around as though it were going out of style, you see that the employees are here, asking questions to better understand what is going on.

It's not like they intentionally are trying to screw anyone so the more calm and collected members are, the better we can communicate with the team and see if we can't get this fixed.

I tried to convey this early on. Granted, I went on a little rant with a friend, but I didn't rush to their forums with Torches and Pitchforks. At least they didn't give us the finger, and just lock every topic about the issue. They're genuinely trying to fix the problem.

We've just gotta be optimistic, it'll get sorted out eventually.
  • edited June 2012
    Everyone... It is okay to be fucking pissed!!!!!!!!!!!! And you should be super super super pissed because the only thing they MIGHT do is fix it today, they should comp us on something for there fuck ups but this is the information and computer age so once u add ur funds to PSN wallet that money's bye bye, rat bastards, o yeah and the only reason I have time to write this is because I'm fucking waiting!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2012
    :cool:

Haters are my motivators

Not a hater, just saying that there's no need to be mean to people who are too stupid to read the previous posts.
  • edited June 2012
    This is seriously disappointing. Has it really come to the point where I need to check online forums to see if a game works before I pay for and download it?

I totally understand peoples frustrations. Back in the day, when we would buy a video game, it worked when we put it in the console. If it didn't work we'd take it back and have a full refund for a defective disk. But the whole actual game was never released to the point that you couldn't even start it.

Lame TellTale, really shoddy work and lame.

Reminds me of Slant Six releasing Socom: Confrontation and half the shit on the box wasn't even in the game yet. Had to wait half a year to get shit that was advertised as being in the game on the box.
  • edited June 2012
    $nAke wrote: »
    This is seriously disappointing. Has it really come to the point where I need to check online forums to see if a game works before I pay for and download it?

I totally understand peoples frustrations. Back in the day, when we would buy a video game, it worked when we put it in the console. If it didn't work we'd take it back and have a full refund for a defective disk. But the whole actual game was never released to the point that you couldn't even start it.

Lame TellTale, really shoddy work and lame.

Reminds me of Slant Six releasing Socom: Confrontation and half the shit on the box wasn't even in the game yet. Had to wait half a year to get shit that was advertised as being in the game on the box.

Not me I had to blow it a couple of times lol
  • edited June 2012

We ain't got nothing better to do and this is all we have to vent!!!
  • edited June 2012
    Wait, Episode 2 ISN'T working?

Stop the fucking presses.

Someone start a forum topic, let's get this figured out.

Lol'd so hard xD
  • edited June 2012
    Syllius wrote: »
    Asking questions? They asked one question and haven't reported any useful information to us. Simply stating that you are working on a solution to people that have paid for something advanced is hardly showing their concern. For the record, too, shouldn't they have a log of who paid and how? I have yet to read ONE statement of it working on a PS3, which from my perspective indicates that it isn't a delivery issue, it's a content issue. If I can figure that out sitting here, bored enough to read people complaining, patiently waiting for the game I paid for to be fixed, why can't they?

It shows some level of communication whereas they could have simply kept quiet and avoided this thread completely.

Considering that (I'm assuming) a majority of the people using this site are not using their gamertags, it wouldn't matter if they had a list of who bought the game and how. Our usernames are of no use to them when compared to that list unless you are using your playstation name.

Perhaps you didn't consider that during your bored thoughts? ;)
  • edited June 2012
    xbox user: "hey remember that part in walking dead episode 2 when Lee--"
    ps3 user (like myself): "No i DONT remember that part because freaking TELL LIES GAMES keeps us held back from getting episode 2 for almost 3 months and then when it DOES come out, we're all so excited and happy as we sit and wait for it to download and as soon as we hit play! BOOM back to the main menu."
    xbox user: ".... Yeah that was my favourite part too.."

EPIC'd
  • edited June 2012
    This made me laugh.
    Lol, that was funny.
  • edited June 2012
    If you like to be able to play the games you purchase, you're gonna have a bad time.
  • edited June 2012
    As an upside, at least I had those 20 blissful minutes of download time before realizing that I had downloaded my main screen. I mean, if they had just held onto it I'd still be pissed off that it hadn't been released. Nothing like a break between irritable moments.
  • edited June 2012
    Not a hater, just saying that there's no need to be mean to people who are too stupid to read the previous posts.

I think that if you're not level-headed enough to read any and all information about a topic BEFORE spewing pointless crap about the game (which the devs are obviously working to fix), then I should be allowed to make fun of you for being stupid.

And if I'm wrong.

Well.

You already know the next part.
  • edited June 2012
    I want a ETA that would be awesome and then I would have peace of mind
  • edited June 2012
    WAIT I FIGURED IT OUT. it took 2 monthes for episode 2 so we should expect episode 3 is september.......marking the calender. in fact im setting a alarm on my phone.........oh what should i put for decription??? oh i know......hoooooppe fullllly
  • edited June 2012
    As an upside, at least I had those 20 blissful minutes of download time before realizing that I had downloaded my main screen.

lmao
  • edited June 2012
    I think that if you're not level-headed enough to read any and all information about a topic BEFORE spewing pointless crap about the game (which the devs are obviously working to fix), then I should be allowed to make fun of you for being stupid.

And if I'm wrong.

Well.

You already know the next part.

After reading that, I realized that your right. Continue.
  • edited June 2012
    GreenBoy wrote: »
    umm...i bought the season pass but i can't find episode 2 in the store....what's going on????? :(

I couldn't find it at first either until I learned that it is the add on content.
  • edited June 2012
    individual episode purchase here and the same.
  • edited June 2012
    Still not working. :( I bought it through the season pass, and I was really looking forward to it. Now, it just brings me back to the PS3 screen. I tried everything. :( Someone help? I found it an everything, downloaded it, and installed it. It still is not working.
  • edited June 2012
    July release anyone?
  • edited June 2012
    People have a right to be angry.
    First, they claimed episodes would be monthly. That didn't happen.
    Second, they gave little to no explanation as to why the game release was pushed back. Hell, they didn't even give a date for it to be pushed back to or even an apology. That's basic consumer relations.
    Third, when they finally release it, it doesn't work.
    Those three combined make for horrible customer service and pissed off consumers.
  • edited June 2012
    cow_bland wrote: »
    Still not working. :( I bought it through the season pass, and I was really looking forward to it. Now, it just brings me back to the PS3 screen. I tried everything. :( Someone help?

Alright, dude, how about you read the previous posts before you post. Please.
  • edited June 2012
    It shows some level of communication whereas they could have simply kept quiet and avoided this thread completely.

Considering that (I'm assuming) a majority of the people using this site are not using their gamertags, it wouldn't matter if they had a list of who bought the game and how. Our usernames are of no use to them when compared to that list unless you are using your playstation name.

Actually, I was referring to the fact that there was NO NEED to ask who had downloaded what how, because if they had simply loaded the game up, they probably would have realized IT'S BROKEN.

But thanks for helping me pass the time.
  • edited June 2012
    For sure I have. I was waiting all day today to download this game. So there is a hiccup. I can still wait a little longer. If you get a flat tire do you demand your money back for the car from the company who made it? No. You get it fixed. It's a minor delay and set back. It'll be okay.

No but if I buy a tire and it turns out to not fit my car properly you can bet I'll be pissed.
  • edited June 2012
    Hey guys! Question for all affected as we attempt to narrow down the cause:

What method did you use to obtain the episode? Season pass or individual episode purchase?
    individual episode purchase
  • edited June 2012
    If it's going to be a patch don't expect that to come out today as even patches have to go through the certification process
  • edited June 2012
    Minako86 wrote: »
    I couldn't find it at first either until I learned that it is the add on content.
    Search in the toolbar in the top right corner,"The Walking Dead" and it should come up, but you need to scroll down a little.
  • edited June 2012
    now whats wrong?
  • edited June 2012

BTW, if it doesn't matter who bought the game and how, why did they ask? =)
  • edited June 2012
    cow_bland wrote: »
    Still not working. :( I bought it through the season pass, and I was really looking forward to it. Now, it just brings me back to the PS3 screen. I tried everything. :( Someone help? I found it an everything, downloaded it, and installed it. It still is not working.

This is happening to everyone. We just need to patiently wait for a patch.
This discussion has been closed.