[WD] Can't Play EP2 on PlayStation [RESOLVED - restart the game]

Comments

• edited June 2012
    it better not be a cuple days. more like a cuple more mins!!!!!
  • edited June 2012
    turp119 wrote: »
    thank you very letting us know, but wasn't the whole point of the delay to keep this crap from happening? i get that things go wrong, but are we going to have to wait another 2 months for episode 3?

If you remember correctly no one official actually told us why there was a delay in the first place.
  • edited June 2012
    it better not be a cuple days. more like a cuple more mins!!!!!

+1 !
  • edited June 2012
    This is what makes me uncomfortable about this..Telltale to the best of my knowledge..doesnt do the whole 'work weekend' things..and Sony is..well Sony..(lets all remember how long the PSN was down.) So what should inspire me...as a consumer...that this will be fixed in a timely manner OR at the very least that the solution wont be put off until 'bright and early Monday morning? I really think this is a time for Telltale to show the fans what they are made of...
  • edited June 2012
    Well this is fab. EU gets a "TBA" release date and now this? Pretty much confirms that us sad sods in the ass-end of the world, Europe, are going to have to wait for a lot longer than "ASAP".

Just to be clear, i'm not bitching about the fact that the US will get a patch first, it SHOULD be fixed first for obvious reasons, it just irks me that this game was delayed a month and it's painfully obvious that no-one actually playtested the damn thing on a PS3.

EDIT:

PLUS this is the first time the team has actually made a peep on the forums, the one time when you have to seeing as you've just sold a broken product which people CAN actually ask for a refund for if it isnt fixed. God forbid that you do at least empathise with your audience during the 1 month delay or APOLOGISE for it. You don't care about your customers TT, it's painfully obvious.
  • edited June 2012
    It's cool, Telltale guys. I have my own patch. Well, it isn't really a patch.... I just smoked a bowl and it instantly fixed my rage. The game will probably be fixed by tomorrow, so in the meantime, I'm gonna go to the movies and watch Ted and Spider-Man.
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks everyone for letting us know about the issue. As soon as Episode 2 went live we also noticed this occurance and are currently working very quickly with our partners at Sony to resolve any problems. We'll keep you up to date as we hear back from them on when a solution may be coming. Stay tuned to our forums, we're right there with you, and we can't wait for you to play! Thank you again for your patience.

Talk is cheap, this never should have happened in the first place.
  • edited June 2012
    wow i never thought something was ever going to prevent me from killing zombies.. lol
  • edited June 2012
    Jesus, with all the bitching and moaning I'm seeing about this issue, I don't even think we DESERVE this game today.
    Seriously, this is not that big of a deal.
    If you take a deep breath, count to ten, and look at this issue logically and objectively, I think you will find that everything will work out soon.
    Worst case scenario, the game is delayed a few days and we all play next week.
    Boo-friggin-hoo.
  • edited June 2012
    After looking back on the past few posts I can see that many are angry with this turn of events. As one who bought the season pass for PS3 before the game even came out, I can tell you that the wait is irritating. I would however point out that the makers of the game are working on it. We need to just wait patiently a little longer, and a solution should hopefully come soon. If we waited this long a few more hours or even days can't hurt. I do hope that this "waiting period and problems once it comes out" does not happen for the next few episodes. Lets be patient a little longer and perhaps a solution will come. I know for some there will be no more waiting as their patience is out, but all we can do now is wait. All will be well.
  • edited June 2012
    Everyone calm the fuck down. Shit happens. I'm still pissed, but I understand that TellTale can't just think of a solution instantly. We have to be patient. Maybe they will compensate us, depending on how long it takes to get the game up and running. I just want to talk to Clementine again.
  • edited June 2012
    so when do u expect this game to be fixed?
  • edited June 2012
    Don't blame tt. Blame sony!!!!
  • edited June 2012
    I actually bought this for ps3 because I wanted to get some use out of it. Playstation network is a joke. I can't believe this is happening the 1 time I try to use my ps3 and I'm thoroughly disappointed. I'm not sure how both telltale and playstation let this happen, but next time I will pass on both a season pass for any episodic game and also pass on downloading anything from ps network. hate to say this but it makes all the xbox trolls look right
  • edited June 2012
    so when do u expect this game to be fixed?

No one knows bro, they're working on it and will keep us updated via the forums. Hopefully it's not a very huge issue that could take days to patch...
  • edited June 2012
    Backlace wrote: »
    Jesus, with all the bitching and moaning I'm seeing about this issue, I don't even think we DESERVE this game today.
    If you take a deep breath, count to ten, and look at this issue logically and objectively, I think you will find that everything will work out soon.
    Boo-friggin-hoo.

Why shouldn't we deserve it? We paid for the damn thing didn't we? If I'm paying my hard earned money for something I expect it to work, period.
  • edited June 2012
    Boo-friggin-hoo.

It's not like every platform is unable to work, just playstation 3. You have to wonder about a company that doesn't have a unified release date and then pushes it back even further for one system and one system only. If you've paid for the game, waited for the game, gotten no answers for 2 months and still have no game you get to complain.
  • edited June 2012
    What I find weird is when I go to load episode two from my save it says "saving" in the corner. Could it possibly corrupt my old data.
  • edited June 2012
    long time lurker to this foum. finally had to sign in give my two cents. been waiting way to long for episode 2 on the PS3 and whatayknow it won't even work. this is beyond bullshit. i really liked TWD ep.1 and BTTF, but, im done with telltale games they've got the last penny they're ever getting out of my wallet. it seems like they hate their fans by delaying their games without a single word from them for a month. and on top of that they don't even care enough to check that it works for the system when they finally decide to release the damn thing. this is it for me. thanks for being so unprofessional TELLTALE GAMES. GOODBYE.
  • edited June 2012
    Everyone calm the fuck down. Shit happens. I'm still pissed, but I understand that TellTale can't just think of a solution instantly. We have to be patient. Maybe they will compensate us, depending on how long it takes to get the game up and running. I just want to talk to Clementine again.

I agree. Telltale aren't magicians. I am also a little upset but I feel for Telltale. Its not like they planned for this to happen. Now they are busy trying to find out exactly what is causing this problem. They will fix it once they have answer. In the mean time I suggest we all just find something else to do. I understand your pain but getting angry about this will change nothing.
  • edited June 2012
    They should probably take it down from the PlayStation Store before more people download it and start raging all over the place.
  • edited June 2012
    i just dont understand y it works for xbox and PC but not ps3.....is it becuse we paid less for the game?
  • edited June 2012
    I agree. Telltale aren't magicians. I am also a little upset but I feel for Telltale. Its not like this planned for this to happen. Now they are busy trying to find out exactly what is causing this problem. They will fix it once they have answer. In the mean time I suggest we all just find something else to do. I understand your pain but getting angry about this will change nothing.

Agreed to you agreeing with me.
  • edited June 2012
    Pissed wrote: »
    Why shouldn't we deserve it? We paid for the damn thing didn't we? If I'm paying my hard earned money for something I expect it to work, period.

I paid for it too, genius. I'm not saying you don't deserve it because you didn't pay for it. I'm just saying that all this unnecessary complaining from so many people is making me feel very sorry for Telltale, because they're undoubtedly working their asses off to fix this and no one seems to be showing any thanks for their efforts right now.

Seriously, they found out about the issue right away and began working on it, and all I've seen are insults to the dev team and promises to never buy their games again.

Everyone just needs to calm down and understand that games get delayed. This kind of shit just happens sometimes, and bitching about it will not make it go any faster.
  • edited June 2012
    It's not like every platform is unable to work, just playstation 3. You have to wonder about a company that doesn't have a unified release date and then pushes it back even further for one system and one system only. If you've paid for the game, waited for the game, gotten no answers for 2 months and still have no game you get to complain.

Just to let you know, actually it was pushed back for two systems (PS3 and PC gamers). But then again, us PS3 users might have our release date pushed back again because of this issue.
  • edited June 2012
    i just dont understand y it works for xbox and PC but not ps3.....is it becuse we paid less for the game?

Telltale just has bad luck with PS3 in general. I mean look at the Sam and Max Season 2 port. That was so bugged it was virtually unplayable.
  • edited June 2012
    vVvZero wrote: »
    They should probably take it down from the PlayStation Store before more people download it and start raging all over the place.

That's what I was thinking.
  • edited June 2012
    Hey guys! Question for all affected as we attempt to narrow down the cause:

What method did you use to obtain the episode? Season pass or individual episode purchase?
  • edited June 2012
    It seems in this day and age everyone is a want, want, want society. I guess people never make mistakes. Everyone needs to just chill out this is not life or death.

It's life or death for Lee Everett
  • edited June 2012
    We need to stop arguing with each other. We just need to calm down. Take a breather.
  • edited June 2012
    Boo-friggin-hoo.

You must work for Telltale or expect them to give you free games. They have been making us wait for months now and it would be fine if they haven't lied to us but they have been constantly now finally the game we been waiting for finally comes out and we can't play it and you expect everyone not to complain about it? Quit being a fan boy and just learn that people are sick of being lied to and having this game delayed.
  • edited June 2012

What method did you use to obtain the episode? Season pass or individual episode purchase?

Season pass for me.
  • edited June 2012

I obtained it via season pass.
  • edited June 2012

Season Pass for me...
  • edited June 2012
    Season Pass, did not go to the PSN Store to download but taken from within game to download it.
  • edited June 2012
    why are people taking up ffor TT? if i took your order at a restraunt, and came back 30 mins later saying "sorry, its gonna be another 30 mins for that steak.... hey you want it cooked to perfection right?" and then brought you chicken...youd be pissed too right?
  • edited June 2012

I used the season pass to get it.
  • edited June 2012

Season Pass. And I also downloaded it from the PS Store not from the game itself.
  • edited June 2012

Season pass.
  • edited June 2012
    The only thing I have to say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PZhONZ3Ac
This discussion has been closed.