[WD] Can't Play EP2 on PlayStation [RESOLVED - restart the game]

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Backlace wrote: »
    Yup, go play it right now.

Lol.
  • edited June 2012
    Hey guys! Question for all affected as we attempt to narrow down the cause:

What method did you use to obtain the episode? Season pass or individual episode purchase?

I obtain it through season pass
  • edited June 2012

What method did you use to obtain the episode? Season pass or individual episode purchase?

Individual purchase
  • edited June 2012
    I didn't get the Season Pass, and I have this issue. My friend does have the Season Pass, and she has it as well. We've both downloaded the game and installed it twice, including the first episode.

*Quick Edit* I downloaded from the PSN Store the first time, and launched the Store from the Menu in game the second time, neither worked properly.
  • edited June 2012
    So is episode 2 out yet?

its out but as you prob have read there a glitch w=right now where when you go to play it resets to the playstation home screen
  • edited June 2012
    Yup guys same here, WTF!!! idk what the company is doing but they have had plenty of time to get this ready, what a rip off!! And they probably won't even comp us anything for this delay. I saw a post from Alan something from telltale saying " we are dealing with this problem and will update u" WOW how unspecific can you be? Sounds like we are all fucked and since they decided to release on a Friday it's probably going to be a whole weekend and a couple of week days before anything happens. Telltale really likes to beat around the bush, it's a great game which is why I'm super pissed but they better be pulling an all nighter because this is just bullshit!! I hope all I've said doesn't come true but at there rate of release and broken promises, it's sad to say it but PS3 users are probably fucked!!
  • edited June 2012
    Season pass
  • edited June 2012
    which makes a world of difference. But I didn't know about the original release, and to be honest the release was less annoying than the face plant episode 2 did after I downloaded it

Can't complain with you there..
  • edited June 2012
    I bought the season pass back when episode 1 came out. I used the episode menu in game, chose get, and then downloaded episode 2 form the psn shop page that it opened up for me.

me too
  • edited June 2012
    umm...i bought the season pass but i can't find episode 2 in the store....what's going on????? :(
  • edited June 2012
    I'm firing up my Wii right now, thanks pal!

This made me chuckle.
  • edited June 2012
    clairesnow wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply.
    This is a very serious glitch. A lot of games have glitches. Haven't seen things this serious. Please fix it asap.

lol i usually play games on PC, and i've seen the rare bad launch bugs, including being unable to even play a game until it's patched. RAGE had a ton of AMD users literally unable to play the game form launch until that was worked around. I used nvidia at the time and didn't have the problem, but, it does happen, it's just that it is a lot less common on consoles, and it's even not that common on PC for me. I'm a bit frustrated too though tried redownloading and launching from the episode itself selecting play, and continuing my episode 1 save a couple of times lol. Nothing we can do but wait though, screaming at them doesn't give them useful information, useful information helps them solve the problem quicker so we can all play, rather than having them sort through abunch of flames to find the useful information.
  • edited June 2012
    nastynati wrote: »
    Season pass, and from reading other replies this seems to be a issue with people that have the season pass

another reason i regret buying them all at once

Nah, I'm seeing lots of season pass and individual sales, downloaded from ps store AND downloaded from the game itself. I think the game itself is what bugged no matter how you bought/downloaded it.
  • edited June 2012
    Pissed wrote: »
    Well obviously you paid for it too.

They get no sympathy from me, you can't deny they didn't screw up here. Everyone knows that "shit happens" but that doesn't mean it should be shrugged off. They deserve every bit of criticism they're getting

Constructive criticism, sure. Needless comments on how "Zomg, I'm going to quit and never play again!!111!!"? Not so much. Those type of comments won't help anyone, nor will it motivate any faster working.

Despite everyone throwing attitude around as though it were going out of style, you see that the employees are here, asking questions to better understand what is going on.

It's not like they intentionally are trying to screw anyone so the more calm and collected members are, the better we can communicate with the team and see if we can't get this fixed.
  • edited June 2012
    GreenBoy wrote: »
    umm...i bought the season pass but i can't find episode 2 in the store....what's going on????? :(

They must have taken it down thanks to the game breaking glitch.
  • edited June 2012
    thankyou!
  • edited June 2012
    I'm just gonna go play with myself.
  • edited June 2012
    I made a video about it not working right here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL5OnFB1_DI

I know this sucks!!! I wish we could play it! I have to record a playthrough!!!!
  • edited June 2012
    Yup, go play it right now.

XD that's just wrong LOL!!!
  • edited June 2012
    Jessabeth wrote: »
    Constructive criticism, sure. Needless comments on how "Zomg, I'm going to quit and never play again!!111!!"? Not so much. Those type of comments won't help anyone, nor will it motivate any faster working.

Despite everyone throwing attitude around as though it were going out of style, you see that the employees are here, asking questions to better understand what is going on.

It's not like they intentionally are trying to screw anyone so the more calm and collected members are, the better we can communicate with the team and see if we can't get this fixed.

Quoted for maximum truth levels
  • edited June 2012
    In the word's of Max Payne "Say what you want about American's, but we understand capitalism. You spend money on something - you get what you payed for.
  • edited June 2012
    Nah, I'm seeing lots of season pass and individual sales, downloaded from ps store AND downloaded from the game itself. I think the game itself is what bugged no matter how you bought/downloaded it.

Yeah there is definitely a problem with the game itself not the method used to download it. Just patiently waiting for a patch to come so we can all finally enjoy Episode 2.
  • edited June 2012
    I would, except for the fact that IT'S NOT WORKING!
  • edited June 2012
    coldorf wrote: »
    In the word's of Max Payne "Say what you want about American's, but we understand capitalism. You spend money on something - you get what you payed for.

Lol, I like that quote. But I like "GODDAMMIT!" more.
  • edited June 2012
    Well I guess I am in the same boat as everyone else. Ps3 will not play episode 2 just kicks me back to the main ps3 menu screen. I have the seasonal pass as well. Hopefully they are working on this issue right now.
  • edited June 2012
    Here's a question do you know anybody that is actually playing it on ps3?
  • edited June 2012
    I would, except for the fact that IT'S NOT WORKING!

Wait, Episode 2 ISN'T working?

Stop the fucking presses.

Someone start a forum topic, let's get this figured out.
  • edited June 2012
    Pissed wrote: »
    Well obviously you paid for it too.

They get no sympathy from me, you can't deny they didn't screw up here. Everyone knows that "shit happens" but that doesn't mean it should be shrugged off. They deserve every bit of criticism they're getting

Same. Faulty games on release are not a rare occurence, what is rare is the two fingers TT have shown to their customers in regards to the delay and stunted release across the 3 platforms. If they had just sent an email or posted something on their blog now and then saying "we're sorry, we're working on x or y" it would have made a WORLD of difference with the majority of the community.
  • edited June 2012

Season Pass
  • edited June 2012
    Here's a question do you know anybody that is actually playing it on ps3?

No from what I've seen the game doesn't work for anyone.
  • edited June 2012
    Wait, Episode 2 ISN'T working?

Stop the fucking presses.

Someone start a forum topic, let's get this figured out.

Alright, Backlace, I understand the level of dumbasses in this forum, but no need to be an asshole.
  • edited June 2012
    Forgot to mention that I season passed it and downloaded from PSN rather than game menu.

Seems like the method is irrelevant though.
  • edited June 2012
    Individual purchase.
  • edited June 2012
    I doubt any "person" is responsible. Its probably something wrong in the coding or something. Its not like Telltale would sabotage their own game

:D AWESOME
    Are you saying I'm a fake account run by a dev at Telltale to garner sympathy for them.

I just...

Anyone else want to field this one?

I can't handle this level of mental retardation today.

Still laughing at this one.

Was going to go out but this thread is like a car wreck, can't look away.
    Ill try again after this chimmichonga
  • edited June 2012
    Jessabeth wrote: »

Asking questions? They asked one question and haven't reported any useful information to us. Simply stating that you are working on a solution to people that have paid for something advanced is hardly showing their concern. For the record, too, shouldn't they have a log of who paid and how? I have yet to read ONE statement of it working on a PS3, which from my perspective indicates that it isn't a delivery issue, it's a content issue. If I can figure that out sitting here, bored enough to read people complaining, patiently waiting for the game I paid for to be fixed, why can't they?
  • edited June 2012
    im better off going on you tube and watching walk throughs and pretend im playing it. i just want to know how long this is gunna take..................
  • edited June 2012
    Alright, Backlace, I understand the level of dumbasses in this forum, but no need to be an asshole.

:cool:

Haters are my motivators
  • edited June 2012
    Well at least this problem is getting attention. I remember when I first clicked this thread and there were just 3 pages. Man does time fly by
  • edited June 2012
    The old lady i kidnapped and put in the basement is counting on you, Telltale.
  • edited June 2012
    I'm firing up my Wii right now, thanks pal!

This made me laugh.
This discussion has been closed.