[WD] Can't Play EP2 on PlayStation [RESOLVED - restart the game]

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Pissed wrote: »
    Yeah, Im sure they're doing everything they can to get this thing going. Blah blah blah. Bottom line is, this shouldn't be happening. They already released it a month later than they claimed they would and now that its out, it doesn't even work. Everyone who payed for the season pass should be angry, this is BS.

I'm seriously pissed off, but I paid for the season pass on launch day and it's impossible to get a refund. I'd say I expect SOME kind of compensation (like maybe PS3 users getting the next working episode BEFORE everyone else since we boned just now) but they have our balls (or ovaries) in a vice, so there isn't anything we can do except bitch and moan....which we're doing fairly well.
  • edited June 2012
    Relax people, it's not the end of the world. I also bought the season pass and would like to play but guess what things don't always work. I'm sure this will be fixed in no time. No need to freak out and.

I hear you...honestly I do. But as a consumer that already paid for the game, we were told that it would release early June (I forget the actual date), then it gets pushed back. Then it finally releases nearly a month later and it doesn't even work. I think every person here has the right to be pretty upset about this.
  • edited June 2012
    Developer 1: ''Think we should pop episode 2 into a ps3 to make sure it works?''
    Developer 2: ''Nah it should be ok''
    Developer 1: ''Sounds good''
  • edited June 2012
    vVvZero wrote: »
    I'm seriously pissed off, but I paid for the season pass on launch day and it's impossible to get a refund. I'd say I expect SOME kind of compensation (like maybe PS3 users getting the next working episode BEFORE everyone else since we boned just now) but they have our balls (or ovaries) in a vice, so there isn't anything we can do except bitch and moan....which we're doing fairly well.

100% agreed, on all points.
  • edited June 2012
    Relax people, it's not the end of the world. I also bought the season pass and would like to play but guess what things don't always work. I'm sure this will be fixed in no time. No need to freak out and.

I too have kept my cool for the late release but now I would like a refund. It has nothing to do with being "pissy" or just wanting to play a game. I rarely play games anyway just was a fan of the series and thought I'd give this a shot.

It was preached "would you rather have a buggy game on time or have a solid game late".....that's not what we got.

You can't have people pay upfront for something and not hold up to your end of the bargain without some type of consequence. Let alone it not working when it finally comes out.

Imagine handing someone your money for a meal and then it doesn't come. You would be asking for a refund wouldn't you?
  • edited June 2012
    If we have to delete episode 2 and redownload it, what's the best way to do this without losing my Episode 1 game save?
  • edited June 2012
    At least I gettin a chuckle out of reading these forums
  • edited June 2012
    nastynati wrote: »
    Developer 1: ''Think we should pop episode 2 into a ps3 to make sure it works?''

seriously LOL'd
  • edited June 2012
    JesterMKE wrote: »
    I hear you...honestly I do. But as a consumer that already paid for the game, we were told that it would release early June (I forget the actual date), then it gets pushed back. Then it finally releases nearly a month later and it doesn't even work. I think every person here has the right to be pretty upset about this.
    Quoted for truth.
  • edited June 2012

can't stop laughing
  • edited June 2012
    It seems in this day and age everyone is a want, want, want society. I guess people never make mistakes. Everyone needs to just chill out this is not life or death.
  • edited June 2012
    Reagles14 wrote: »
    If we have to delete episode 2 and redownload it, what's the best way to do this without losing my Episode 1 game save?
    Go to where you launch the game, press triangle and select "Delete". It deletes the game itself, but not save data since that's saved in a separate folder.
  • edited June 2012
    lmao....hahaha "sounds good"
  • edited June 2012
    It seems in this day and age everyone is a want, want, want society. I guess people never make mistakes. Everyone needs to just chill out this is not life or death.

My guess is you haven't been patiently waiting and checking the forums every day for two months.
  • edited June 2012
    Reagles14 wrote: »

You can just delete the Walking Dead game itself. The saved data is stored in another area of the PS3 from the game itself. Ive attempted this myself and even though the game still doesnt work my save data was still there.
  • edited June 2012

You're making it seem as if people on here complaining are looking for a free handout. It's not "want, want, want" it's people paying their money for a service that they haven't received.
  • edited June 2012
    developer 1: ''think we should pop episode 2 into a ps3 to make sure it works?''
    developer 2: ''nah it should be ok''
    developer 1: ''sounds good''

lol!!!!!
  • edited June 2012

qft
    Instant gratification society. lol
  • edited June 2012
    lol well ive already played and finished part 2 on xbox , i promise you guys its worth the wait... just be patient its not like an extra couple of days is gonna kill you
  • edited June 2012
    I weep for episode 3 and I'm already mourning episode 4 xD
    I think episode 5 will be like Duke Nukem Forever in the sense that we'll be waiting over a decade and, when it finally comes out, it'll fail to meet even the lowest of expectations.

But maybe a real zombie apocalypse will happen by then so it probably won't matter.
    I think I'll go check out some bath salts while I wait for the patch to episode 2.
  • edited June 2012
    My guess is you haven't been patiently waiting and checking the forums every day for two months.

For sure I have. I was waiting all day today to download this game. So there is a hiccup. I can still wait a little longer. If you get a flat tire do you demand your money back for the car from the company who made it? No. You get it fixed. It's a minor delay and set back. It'll be okay.
  • edited June 2012
    I WANNAAA BASHHH SOME ZOMMBBIIESS.

Thanks TellTale
  • edited June 2012
    Nightizsik wrote: »
    lol well ive already played and finished part 2 on xbox , i promise you guys its worth the wait... just be patient its not like an extra couple of days is gonna kill you

i knew somebody like you would show up
  • edited June 2012
    Nightizsik wrote: »

Are you kidding?! I'm totally going to die from the wait!!! ... That was sarcasm, by the way.
  • edited June 2012

the whole point of the delay was to get a solid game!! it WONT EVEN START!! *snip*
  • edited June 2012
    Placate thy bosoms, fellow gamers.
    Seriously. I paid for a season pass ahead of time as well, and I understand why everyone is upset.
    But am I the only one who ALSO understands that these things happen sometimes?
    Problems arise.
    I do not think Telltale is just sitting on their ass right now, hoping for a solution. I am 100% sure they are working double-time to get this fixed.
    Be mad if you want.
    But don't act like a game getting delayed and then not launching is the end of mankind.
    We will get our game soon. Just chill and let them sort it out.
  • edited June 2012
    You can just delete the Walking Dead game itself. The saved data is stored in another area of the PS3 from the game itself. Ive attempted this myself and even though the game still doesnt work my save data was still there.

Great, thank you.....Lets hope we can all play this game soon...
  • edited June 2012
    I'm not going to rant and rave about this but yeah, as a PS3 owner this really sucks especially because its doubtful we'll see a resolution to the problem for another couple of days. No sense getting bent out of sh ape about it but I think Telltale might want to consider tossing PS3 owners a free TT title..if the issue isnt resolved soon of course.
  • edited June 2012

It's not about life or death, it's not even about wanting at this point, it's about respect. When I pay for something up front I don't expect you to be perfect but I do expect you to respect me, respond to me and deliver a WORKING product. If they had been timely or at least kept us informed when they failed at that, I wouldn't have the same problem I do now. This is what happens when you treat paying customers like they don't matter.
  • edited June 2012
    For sure I have. I was waiting all day today to download this game. So there is a hiccup. I can still wait a little longer. If you get a flat tire do you demand your money back for the car from the company who made it? No. You get it fixed. It's a minor delay and set back. It'll be okay.

No but if I pay for a tire and drive away and it pop's five minute's later i would be pissed.
  • edited June 2012
    Go to where you launch the game, press triangle and select "Delete". It deletes the game itself, but not save data since that's saved in a separate folder.

Great, thank you...
  • edited June 2012
    same happened here...its really annoying tht they make us wait a long time for episode 2 when they said they were goin to release them monthly and now tht they release episode 2 we ALL cant play it!
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks everyone for letting us know about the issue. As soon as Episode 2 went live we also noticed this occurance and are currently working very quickly with our partners at Sony to resolve any problems. We'll keep you up to date as we hear back from them on when a solution may be coming. Stay tuned to our forums, we're right there with you, and we can't wait for you to play! Thank you again for your patience.
  • edited June 2012
    Kevin wrote: »
    We're looking into it...

Great! While you are looking into it let me know how to get a refund from this waste of a game!
    Do I contact you or playstation?

I'm done wasting my time with this game. Between it taking twice as long as you said to come out and now it doesn't even work.

What a hack team!
  • edited June 2012
    If you get a flat tire do you demand your money back for the car from the company who made it? No. You get it fixed.

In that case? Yes. But in this case, it's more like the tire exploding as soon as you drive out of the shop. It's broken man.
  • edited June 2012
    damn right i want want want when i pay 20$ to play a game thats gunna take me 2 years to play (wich isint a bad price by the way) but the fact is that x box and pc users get to play it now. and we cant??? im not saying its a certins persons falt its the developers and sonys falt. i guess sence we dont pay anything to play online we get punished. so i guess it goes like this......x box lest work hard on geeting it to them first sence they pay 8$ more a month....pc hell yeah they paid 25$ for the bundle pass so lets make sure they get a working condition game to.. now for the ps3 members....(game developers)......"who?" now just ancwer one question for me plz? and im talking to u developers. can u plz give us a date for EP.3? you owe us that much. and will thir be more episodes in later dates? for instiance 6-12?
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks everyone for letting us know about the issue. As soon as Episode 2 went live we also noticed this occurance and are currently working very quickly with our partners at Sony to resolve any problems. We'll keep you up to date as we hear back from them on when a solution may be coming. Stay tuned to our forums, we're right there with you, and we can't wait for you to play! Thank you again for your patience.

thank you very letting us know, but wasn't the whole point of the delay to keep this crap from happening? i get that things go wrong, but are we going to have to wait another 2 months for episode 3?
  • edited June 2012
    geomon19 wrote: »
    In that case? Yes. But in this case, it's more like the tire exploding as soon as you drive out of the shop. It's broken man.

Sounds like Firestone's tire debacle years ago.
  • edited June 2012
    firestone games...
This discussion has been closed.