[WD] Can't Play EP2 on PlayStation [RESOLVED - restart the game]

Comments

• edited June 2012
    You know, I wonder how many users these forums have gained because of this problem. I know I joined less than 2 hours ago.

I know my post count is sure going up. Now im addicted to the forum, great.
  • edited June 2012
    I feel like Clementine waiting for her parents to come back.

Except we'll get what we're waiting for eventually. LOL!
  • edited June 2012
    I know my post count is sure going up. Now im addicted to the forum, great.

*sigh* Same here.
  • edited June 2012
    Don't go there.

hahaha. lol he quoted my whole thread and I wasn't sure what he was referencing. I get the innuendo but I really did want to know what he was talking about.
  • edited June 2012
    Damn this thread is getting lots of posts every minute if you haven't noticed...
  • edited June 2012
    except we'll get what we're waiting for eventually. Lol!

"i broke my walkie talkie"

"i broke my ps3 controller!"
  • edited June 2012
    I'm trying to imagine what their PR guy is coming up right now.

"Telltale Games apologizes for the inconvenience to PSN users. We are currently doing something to fix the problem, which is probably someone else's fault. We look forward to releasing a patch for 'The Walking Dead: Episode 2' sometime around, say, Julyish around a mealtime. By the way, have you tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and trying again? Is you PS3 plugged in?"
  • edited June 2012
    *sigh* Same here.

Plus, you gave out the link to this thread on the IGN forum so there will probably be a lot more coming in.
  • edited June 2012
    $nAke wrote: »
    hahaha. lol he quoted my whole thread and I wasn't sure what he was referencing. I get the innuendo but I really did want to know what he was talking about.

Okay then.
  • edited June 2012
    You know, I wonder how many users these forums have gained because of this problem. I know I joined less than 2 hours ago.

Ditto. =) Like I said, I -WILL- get my entertainment for the night.
  • edited June 2012
    UGH why didn't I see it sooner! Because they didn't intentionally screw us over they care! I feel really much better. I mean, what is caring if not cleaning up your own mess? At least they care.

Is that not a caring act? Fixing something you realize you've messed up?
    If not, do feel free to let me know what that is.

I've never said it's not ok to be upset. I'm just one who says that spewing such anger over the forums isn't going to help anyone, including you. *shrugs*
  • edited June 2012
    Except we'll get what we're waiting for eventually. LOL!

What are you trying to say.... are... are her parents dead? FOR SURE?! They might come back... With the zombie cure. That's how it has to be. Where will the happy ending be if they don't?!
  • edited June 2012
    Plus, you gave out the link to this thread on the IGN forum so there will probably be a lot more coming in.

Yeah. I'm such a good guy.
  • edited June 2012
    Jessabeth wrote: »
    I'd wager a good many.
    Perhaps this is all a major ploy to bolster the ranks within the forums! :O
    xD

I was thinking about that too as I joined the forums due to this. Although I'm sure they don't want people joining on a negative basis like this. I know I'll never come back here once the game actually works.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2012
    Felldoh wrote: »
    Damn this thread is getting lots of posts every minute if you haven't noticed...

It's certainly one of the forum's busier days!
  • edited June 2012
    noodle wrote: »
    Of course they're "communicating" they NEED as many people as they can get to give results so they can get some form of consensus on the possible cause or area of the problem. They're doing this because if they dont, they won't be able to fix it within a decent amount of time and SHOCK HORROR people will begin to ask for a legitimate refund that they will be forced to give.

Heaven forbid that they "communicate" with their customers during the last month of silence. Back then they could wriggle around the wording or "monthly" and "periodical" to ensure that they could take a good 2-3 months to release each epsiode rather than their advertised "monthly" and flat out refuse any calls for a refund thanks to the grey area that wording afforded whilst tricking a large amount of people into buying the product due to this "monthly" promise.

They're not fixing it because they care about us, they're fixing it because they'll have to give back all those season passes if they dont. So hey, lets not rage, lets help TT, they're "communicating" after all....

TT's has all the facts by now, ive seen enough posts and they all have different ways that people purchased and downloaded the game i.e season pass vs indiviual, and redownloaded, deleted then redownloaded, restarted ps3 etc etc whatelse can we do. This is our work...I mean Playflow =Buy game, download game, install, Play. The game downloads but wont play. So here is a couple of options either 1) the downloaded content is corrupted all 800mbs of it or 2) idk I think its just A, So how did it get corrupted, hmmm maybe they should look at the process they used to upload it PSN? Please Reply if you have further insight onto how this process occurs! That should be helpful, try to keep it serious haha
  • edited June 2012
    Syllius wrote: »
    Ditto. =) Like I said, I -WILL- get my entertainment for the night.

Let's get to 100 pages on this thread! Lol, just kidding. At least 25.
  • edited June 2012
    turp119 wrote: »
    heres an idea...make the ENTIRE damn game before you sell it.

then you would complain about day 1 downloadable content
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah. I'm such a good guy.

TellTale should give you a medal.:D
  • edited June 2012

That's how you know you've been a gamer too long. Don't worry, I still remember the blowing and the pushing down with a second cartridge. Miss those days.
  • edited June 2012
    Episode should be called starving for a working game. Freaking low budget developer, why couldn't Naughty dog have done this game .... Oh wait they are kinda... But they ate mushroom zombies even better.... Seriously I wish a better developer would have done this and there was more action instead of pointing and spamming buttons to see what works when u hit a can
  • edited June 2012
    What are you trying to say.... are... are her parents dead? FOR SURE?! They might come back... With the zombie cure. That's how it has to be. Where will the happy ending be if they don't?!

I want her parents to come back. But we all know that it's not gonna happen, unless they come back wanting to feed on they're little girl.
  • edited June 2012
    I think they owe us a puppy.

And then the puppy dies before we even get to play with it...
  • edited June 2012
    I know it's bad, but venting does kind of make it less annoying. At least we have somewhere to go and make friends and talk about our problems. *sniff* you guys have eased this horrible time for me.
  • edited June 2012
    I was thinking about that too as I joined the forums due to this. Although I'm sure they don't want people joining on a negative basis like this. I know I'll never come back here once the game actually works.

Same situtation here lol, and wont be coming back fo sho!
  • edited June 2012
    x_x
    I don't really understand. It took them 2 months, a one month delay, to finish part two, and yet there are still problems? Did they not test the game beforehand? If not, why the hell not! I swear, I was fine waiting for two months, because I am a big fan of the Walking Dead franchise, but I'll admit, it's pissing me off that when it's finally released, I still can't play it. And yeah, it's nice that they're asking questions to try and fix this problem, but there shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. If you're going to make a customer wait, at least make sure the product works when it's finally released!
  • edited June 2012
    TellTale should give you a medal.:D

They should.
  • edited June 2012
    I tried to uninstall and reinstall... and nothing :(
  • edited June 2012
    This forums gonna overheat.
  • edited June 2012
    cow_bland wrote: »
    Still not working. :( I bought it through the season pass, and I was really looking forward to it. Now, it just brings me back to the PS3 screen. I tried everything. :( Someone help? I found it an everything, downloaded it, and installed it. It still is not working.

Hey maybe if you'd actually read the forum you'd realize that they haven't helped anyone else so how are we supposed to know what to do?:rolleyes:
  • edited June 2012

You know what they say, all publicity is good.
    It still gets you noticed. lol
    And you say that now, but just wait... there will be that wait for episode 3... and possible issues, and rinse and repeat until five. And that's not including if they intend to do a second season...
    You'll be back. xD
  • edited June 2012
    i think they owe us a puppy.

And then the puppy dies before we even get to play with it...

^^^ this
  • edited June 2012
    Felldoh wrote: »

lol forums were realllllly flooded a week or 2 ago when everybody got locked into the phantom zone when they tried to q
  • edited June 2012
    That's how you know you've been a gamer too long. Don't worry, I still remember the blowing and the pushing down with a second cartridge. Miss those days.

I did that for a few years too until I got the bright idea of using a q-tip with rubbing alcohol and I never went back to blowing the cartridges
  • edited June 2012
    "i broke my walkie talkie"

"i broke my ps3 controller!"

It made me sad when she was crying over that. :[
  • edited June 2012
    Hey maybe if you'd actually read the forum you'd realize that they haven't helped anyone else so how are we supposed to know what to do?:rolleyes:

Jesus a lot of you guys are jerks lol
  • edited June 2012

Yeah me too haha. Was that what he meant? I thought it might have been like "I'm about to blow a gasket" but I guess the cartridge reference makes more sense. I'm high.. I got high today just to play this game. AND NOW I R NOZ PLAYING TEH GAME!! NOW EYEM ON THIZ FORUMS WASTING my TYME!!!
  • edited June 2012
    This is the first time I've been apart of group gamer rage before. Its nice, I've seen people go through grief and anger, and now I'm seeing something resembling acceptance. FUN
  • edited June 2012
    Minako86 wrote: »
    I just typed TWD in the search menu and it came up as episode 2 add on content in the Playstation Store.

dude i tried typing "the walking dead" " TWD"....etc in the search but i could not find anything...
  • edited June 2012
    Jesus a lot of you guys are jerks lol

I wouldn't call myself a jerk. I would say, a realist. Lol, jk, I'm a jerk.
This discussion has been closed.