[WD] Can't Play EP2 on PlayStation [RESOLVED - restart the game]

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Episode 2 "patch-fix" will be released after Episode 3 in November.
  • edited June 2012
    UGH why didn't I see it sooner! Because they didn't intentionally screw us over they care! I feel really much better. I mean, what is caring if not cleaning up your own mess? At least they care.

Pretty much this. If they respected their customers they would have talked to us more during the month long delay and actually apologised for it. Theres a lot of talk about the "month" schedule and what it meant but at the end of the day, a lot of people bought the season pass expecting monthly releases. Even if the community is wrong, go on the forums and announce it. Dont hide away for a month and then say "ITS HERE" with not a hint of humility.

Patch will be out in a couple days. As a member of the EU, i get to look forward to ASAP. WOOOOOO.
  • edited June 2012
    Jessabeth wrote: »
    You know what they say, all publicity is good.
    It still gets you noticed. lol
    And you say that now, but just wait... there will be that wait for episode 3... and possible issues, and rinse and repeat until five. And that's not including if they intend to do a second season...
    You'll be back. xD

haha I'll be back in a month talking to everyone here, same people from this thread. we'll form a community.
  • edited June 2012
    This is the first time I've been apart of group gamer rage before. Its nice, I've seen people go through grief and anger, and now I'm seeing something resembling acceptance. FUN

We are all rage induced brothers/sisters.
  • edited June 2012
    Let's get to 100 pages on this thread! Lol, just kidding. At least 25.

We can totally hit 25 by the end of the day without even trying. Makes me proud I've been here since there were only 3.
  • edited June 2012
    GreenBoy wrote: »
    dude i tried typing "the walking dead" " TWD"....etc in the search but i could not find anything...

What region are you in? It hasn't been released in Europe yet, only North America.
  • edited June 2012
    GreenBoy wrote: »
    dude i tried typing "the walking dead" " TWD"....etc in the search but i could not find anything...

I tried to play episode 2 and nothing happened...
  • edited June 2012
    So is Episode 3 up yet? Might as well just skip 2 lol
  • edited June 2012
    I feel like Clementine waiting for her parents to come back.

yeah... it's never going to happen -__-
  • edited June 2012
    Wait...where the hell's Carl?
  • edited June 2012
    $nAke wrote: »
    haha I'll be back in a month talking to everyone here, same people from this thread. we'll form a community.

I think you mean support group.
  • edited June 2012
    Tel tel you nothing game development where our shit sucks, but you'll buy it cause you love zombies :p
  • edited June 2012
    We can totally hit 25 by the end of the day without even trying. Makes me proud I've been here since there were only 3.

Been here since at least 2 pages. I'm gonna go check now.
  • edited June 2012
    What is this? What level of blatant disrespect is this?

Does no one at TellTale have a debug PS3 that they could have tested? That episode 2 wasn't working. Of course they do, so someone would have had to know that this would not have worked after downloading and installing. That makes this blatantly malicious. Blatantly malicious! What is happening.

I demand an explanation from someone who works there.
  • edited June 2012
    Yep, 2 pages. I've been here since we had 2 pages.
  • edited June 2012
    Just downloaded a patch. It's working now
  • edited June 2012
    Sony just pushed an update and I was able to confirm that Episode 2 is launching just fine now. You'll need to restart the game, but it will prompt you to download version 1.01 automatically. Please let us know if you're still having any issue with it.

Thank you so much for your patience with this!
  • edited June 2012
    Next week we get a patch. It fixes the text on the episode 2 selection that says "Play" so that it reads "Return to XMB" like it was supposed to.
  • edited June 2012
    Yep, 2 pages. I've been here since we had 2 pages.

Ive been here since you could get a painting for guessing the release date.
  • edited June 2012
    Felldoh wrote: »
    What region are you in? It hasn't been released in Europe yet, only North America.

It's okay. If you have the PS3 right now the results of it not being released are the same.
  • edited June 2012
    $nAke wrote: »

This is the real goal here. lol
    TT is suckering us into the forums while we have to wait...
    It's like they're indoctrinating us or something. O.O
  • edited June 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    Sony just pushed an update and I just confirmed that Episode 2 is launching just fine now. You'll need to restart the game, but it will prompt you to download version 1.01 automatically. Please let us know if you're still having any issue with it.

Patience? WHERE?!
  • edited June 2012
    sony just pushed an update and i just confirmed that episode 2 is launching just fine now. You'll need to restart the game, but it will prompt you to download version 1.01 automatically. Please let us know if you're still having any issue with it.

:d:d:d:d:d:d
  • edited June 2012
    looks like it might be fixed
  • edited June 2012
    Sony just pushed an update and I just confirmed that Episode 2 is launching just fine now. You'll need to restart the game, but it will prompt you to download version 1.01 automatically. Please let us know if you're still having any issue with it.

THANK YOU! I'm happy, now lets get to 25 pages quickly.
  • edited June 2012
    I have been having the same problems I knew it was not my system because my buddy was right beside me trying as well. This Company sure does love to PISS off the costumers. I paid for the bundle I expect it to be out in the middle of the month and be WORKING not almost into the next month and NOT working.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I expect better from a Company Representing The Walking Dead.
  • edited June 2012
    sony just pushed an update and i was able to confirm that episode 2 is launching just fine now. You'll need to restart the game, but it will prompt you to download version 1.01 automatically. Please let us know if you're still having any issue with it.

repost!!!
  • edited June 2012
    its up
  • edited June 2012
    Wow, that was quick.
    *goes to test this new update*
  • edited June 2012
    I played episode 2 and all I got was this lousy T-shirt
  • edited June 2012
    sony just pushed an update and i was able to confirm that episode 2 is launching just fine now. You'll need to restart the game, but it will prompt you to download version 1.01 automatically. Please let us know if you're still having any issue with it.

Fuck yeah!
  • edited June 2012
    Update is out go download and play now!!!
  • edited June 2012

Thank you very much for this information Mike. And thank you for the quick resolution to this unfortunate event.
  • edited June 2012
    Next week we get a patch. It fixes the text on the episode 2 selection that says "Play" so that it reads "Return to XMB" like it was supposed to.

looool
  • edited June 2012
    Sony just pushed an update and I was able to confirm that Episode 2 is launching just fine now. You'll need to restart the game, but it will prompt you to download version 1.01 automatically. Please let us know if you're still having any issue with it.

Got the version 1.01. Hopefully it works right now. Thanks for working on it.
  • edited June 2012

thanks lol that was a fast fix gonna go try it out now
  • edited June 2012
    My post fail
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks, Mike.

We know the Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes divorce hit us all pretty hard.
  • edited June 2012
    Just downloaded a patch. It's working now

Hero. And I don't use that word lightly.
  • edited June 2012
    i feel you man. woke up this morning expecting to wake and bake and check out the second album just to find out about this shit. fuckin burnout fer sure.
This discussion has been closed.