[WD] Can't Play EP2 on PlayStation [RESOLVED - restart the game]

Comments

• edited June 2012
    You mean the episode 2 download was supposed to include the game?!
  • edited June 2012
    heres an idea...make the ENTIRE damn game before you sell it.
  • edited June 2012
    I've decided to stop lurking and actually make a post:

I understand that they did not plan this and getting angry won't make this go any faster, but as a customer I am very unhappy. When you get many people to pay for the season pass claiming that episodes will be released monthly, it is your responsibility to at least talk to those customers when you can't release it after a month. When you release the game on multiple platforms, it is your responsibility to make sure that the games can play on those platforms.

They did not get the product to me in a month, they did not contact me as to why my product was not given to me on time, they stayed silent about the release date, they did not publish what time on the delayed release day the game would be released, and they did not make sure the game worked for the PS3. They are coming across as an irresponsible company, and I as a customer feel disrespected.

Want to know how to step it up? TALK TO US! Let us know what's wrong. Let us know when you expect it to be fixed. Just letting us know would go a LONG way with me.

In order to figure out exactly what the problem is they need to, you know, work on it? Then they will report back here what the problem is and exactly how long it will take. Wow can't believe that even needed to be said.
  • edited June 2012
    Really ?? What's going on? An answer would be helpful. All my friends are asking what they are suppose to do to make it work.. being that I am the one that talked them into buying it..... come on... this is utter disrespectable rubbish..... i'm very very upset...
  • edited June 2012
    Is it wrong that I find it funny that people on twitter are saying stuff like "Yes Walking dead is out I can't wait to download it!" lol
  • edited June 2012
    Ugh, I'm not normally one to bitch, moan, and complain... But this is seriously ridiculous. Not only did we wait a month later than expected for this and 2 days later than most... but now we have a bugged game? *Sigh.* I know this isn't really going to help none... but I just really need to rage at people who understand what I'm going through. Telltale, FIX IT DX

As for the IGN people... ohai thur! :D
  • edited June 2012
    Aw man, I'm sorry, and really grateful my loading time is twice as long. You could uninstall it and then reinstall it and you'd have 11 MORE minutes of hope before you realized you'd downloaded the main screen again.

If you use the walking dead theme you can even confuse your brain into thinking that maybe it DID work!

Wait? What are those ic-... Damn. main screen again.

Thank you. Honestly.
  • edited June 2012
    You're right, they don't care whatsoever. Oh wait, very shortly after the problem was reported, they had people on here apologizing and asking questions and telling us they were working on it as we speak to get the problem solved. Yup, no care at all there. But keep making things up, that will really help solve the issue.

This "me me me me" world we live in is a dangerous ground we are walking on.

Last time i checked selling a broken product entitled you to a refund. Fixing it doesnt show that they care. What part of TT's PR before this suggests they "care" about their community?
  • edited June 2012
    Syllius wrote: »
    I kind of figure the easiest way to figure out that it's broken both ways would be to do a quick QA strategy and use their own in house resources to trouble shoot it from the office. If they had tested it, to any degree on the PS3, it seems they would have found the flaw before releasing it. I'm not horribly mad, but I -WILL- get my entertainment from Tell Tale today, even if it is on the forums. lol

Perhaps it worked when they tested it and something happened within Cert. We can't really be sure as we're not privy to the information on their exact processes. *shrugs*

But yes, you will find entertainment within the forums. lol.
    It's likely the only reason I've stayed around despite knowing that many will disagree with what I am saying.
  • edited June 2012
    Lol, wouldn't that be cool. I'm subscribed to they're magazine. I doubt it'll be in an issue, but I'm gonna check the website to see if they've posted anything about it.

Maybe a good bad and ugly shout out.
  • edited June 2012
    Disappointed. Again.
  • edited June 2012
    We need to know if anyone isnt having this problem, we should know in a couple of hours after they played it lol. IGN's article makes it sound like only SOME not ALL PS3 users are having this problem WTF????
  • edited June 2012
    You mean the episode 2 download was supposed to include the game?!

I laughed.
  • edited June 2012
    Alright, so this is the first time I didn't read through the whole thread, so forgive me if this has already been said...PS3's "version" of the game is not working...obviously. I want this sh*t fixed by the end of the business day...I'm sick of this b*llsh*t TT, you are the most ass backwards company I have ever dealt with, truly the WORST. So Telltale staff, whats the solution? You already took my 25$ bucks...
  • edited June 2012
    Very disappointing Telltale. Seems to be a trend...
  • edited June 2012

They'll have an ep.2 review. Never know.
  • edited June 2012
    well i guess im going to get drunk and just compleatly f'd later all
  • edited June 2012
    You could check the psnprofiles site for the episode 2 trophies, it'll show if anyone has unlocked any or not to show if the game works for any of the users
  • edited June 2012
    Jessabeth wrote: »
    Perhaps it worked when they tested it and something happened within Cert. We can't really be sure as we're not privy to the information on their exact processes. *shrugs*

But yes, you will find entertainment within the forums. lol.
    It's likely the only reason I've stayed around despite knowing that many will disagree with what I am saying.

You know who could clear that up for us? Telltale reps. But thank god they've given us near to no information! It would be far less comforting I'm sure to know how long this might take.
  • edited June 2012

O: I'll be looking for that in the September issue.
  • edited June 2012
    Everyone, we're partially famous! IGN has an article about this problem, and the thread! Here's the link!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/29/the-walking-dead-episode-2-having-issues-on-psn

Woot semi-famousness!:winslow:
  • edited June 2012
    So Telltale can take the time to talk to IGN, but they ignore us? What a pile of shit this developer is.

Correct!!! They are covering there asses first, the game however comes second, and then u the customer third.....maybe
  • edited June 2012
    noodle wrote: »
    Last time i checked selling a broken product entitled you to a refund. Fixing it doesnt show that they care. What part of TT's PR before this suggests they "care" about their community?

How does fixing it not show they care?
    I gathered previously that you see them fixing it only to ensure that they don't have to hand over refunds, but I'm sure, that if they truly didn't care, there would be clauses within their TOS/FAQ (explaining that they may take as long as they wish to come out with a new episode -if they were so inclined followed closely by the phrase neener neener) that one typically agrees to when dealing with a product that might exclude a refund if they really wanted to just screw people over.

It's not as thought they intentionally sold a defective product as seen by those on xbox who have played and beaten episode two already.
  • edited June 2012
    Woot semi-famousness!:winslow:

Rejoice!
  • edited June 2012
    Really ?? What's going on? An answer would be helpful. All my friends are asking what they are suppose to do to make it work.. being that I am the one that talked them into buying it..... come on... this is utter disrespectable rubbish..... i'm very very upset...

Basically. Theres a game breaking glitch in episode 2. Telltale is working on the problem now.
  • edited June 2012
    Not me I had to blow it a couple of times lol

blow what?
  • edited June 2012
    Wait everyone! Telltale will get it fixed after they are done swimming laps in their pool filled with our money! So no worries!
  • edited June 2012
    $nAke wrote: »
    blow what?

Don't go there.
  • edited June 2012
    Basically. Theres a game breaking glitch in episode 2. Telltale is working on the problem now.
    More like a game non-starting glitch.
  • edited June 2012
    Well, on a postive side; this situation DOES give me time to go write moody short stories about teenage girls, giant robots, and existentialism.
  • edited June 2012
    We're all pretty butt hurt about it.
  • edited June 2012
    It would be nice to at least see that they acknowledge that this issue is happening on their website , I mean after all it says for news and information log onto ........ On the start screen on ps3.... What the hell are they doing . They all left for the weekend probably and are drunk laughing about this while playing through on their x box.... Lol
  • edited June 2012
    You know, I wonder how many users these forums have gained because of this problem. I know I joined less than 2 hours ago.
  • edited June 2012
    SnowSakura wrote: »
    You could check the psnprofiles site for the episode 2 trophies, it'll show if anyone has unlocked any or not to show if the game works for any of the users

damn that is a good idea :D
  • edited June 2012
    we're all pretty butt hurt about it.

Her name was Roberta Paulson!
  • edited June 2012
    GreenBoy wrote: »
    really??? :eek: please tell me how i want to at least download and install it even though it's not working

I just typed TWD in the search menu and it came up as episode 2 add on content in the Playstation Store.
  • edited June 2012
    I feel like Clementine waiting for her parents to come back.
  • edited June 2012
    Jessabeth wrote: »
    How does fixing it not show they care?
    I gathered previously that you see them fixing it only to ensure that they don't have to hand over refunds, but I'm sure, that if they truly didn't care, there would be clauses within their TOS/FAQ (explaining that they may take as long as they wish to come out with a new episode -if they were so inclined followed closely by the phrase neener neener) that one typically agrees to when dealing with a product that might exclude a refund if they really wanted to just screw people over.

It's not as thought they intentionally sold a defective product as seen by those on xbox who have played and beaten episode two already.

UGH why didn't I see it sooner! Because they didn't intentionally screw us over they care! I feel really much better. I mean, what is caring if not cleaning up your own mess? At least they care.
  • edited June 2012
    member.php?u=59175
    Come on. Give us something.
  • edited June 2012
    You know, I wonder how many users these forums have gained because of this problem. I know I joined less than 2 hours ago.

I'd wager a good many.
    Perhaps this is all a major ploy to bolster the ranks within the forums! :O
    xD
This discussion has been closed.