[WD] Can't Play EP2 on PlayStation [RESOLVED - restart the game]

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Did you say they the game is working for you!?

Here's what I need to know;
    1.Who is working on it?
    2.Is it worth my time sitting here waiting?
  • edited June 2012
    Lets all agree theses sons of bitches need to hire a pr guy or fire the one they got. Cause shit!
  • edited June 2012
    SnowSakura wrote: »
    If it's going to be a patch don't expect that to come out today as even patches have to go through the certification process

You just broke my heart.
  • edited June 2012
    As an upside, at least I had those 20 blissful minutes of download time before realizing that I had downloaded my main screen. I mean, if they had just held onto it I'd still be pissed off that it hadn't been released. Nothing like a break between irritable moments.

Awww... I only got 11 minutes.:(
  • edited June 2012
    I did read it.
  • edited June 2012
    noodle wrote: »
    Same. Faulty games on release are not a rare occurence, what is rare is the two fingers TT have shown to their customers in regards to the delay and stunted release across the 3 platforms. If they had just sent an email or posted something on their blog now and then saying "we're sorry, we're working on x or y" it would have made a WORLD of difference with the majority of the community.

This is so true!
  • edited June 2012
    I've decided to stop lurking and actually make a post:

I understand that they did not plan this and getting angry won't make this go any faster, but as a customer I am very unhappy. When you get many people to pay for the season pass claiming that episodes will be released monthly, it is your responsibility to at least talk to those customers when you can't release it after a month. When you release the game on multiple platforms, it is your responsibility to make sure that the games can play on those platforms.

They did not get the product to me in a month, they did not contact me as to why my product was not given to me on time, they stayed silent about the release date, they did not publish what time on the delayed release day the game would be released, and they did not make sure the game worked for the PS3. They are coming across as an irresponsible company, and I as a customer feel disrespected.

Want to know how to step it up? TALK TO US! Let us know what's wrong. Let us know when you expect it to be fixed. Just letting us know would go a LONG way with me.
  • edited June 2012
    Syllius wrote: »
    Actually, I was referring to the fact that there was NO NEED to ask who had downloaded what how, because if they had simply loaded the game up, they probably would have realized IT'S BROKEN.

But thanks for helping me pass the time.

The need to ask did exist for the simple fact that everyone asking here might have only downloaded it in the same fashion. Rather than look at every individual person who purchased it and how (if they have that information just sitting about somewhere), the easiest (and best way to show people that they weren't just ignoring the issue) way to do this was to ask those who were here.

And hey, it helps me pass the time too. lol
  • edited June 2012
    Same thing is happening to me also, this sucks!!!! I have waited for a long time and when I downloaded it my eyes grew big as I clicked on play... and then it happened I saw my home screen and was like WTF now I have my sad face on...
  • edited June 2012
    What really sucks is that I'm so upset I don't even want to touch my PS3 controller....and I JUST got Mass Effect 3 :'(

It's okay, cos my mom just rented *looks at DVD*......The Zookeeper?!?!?! f*ck me.....
  • edited June 2012
    Doug could fix the problem
  • edited June 2012
    You just broke my heart.

patches have to go through certification but obviously the game dont
  • edited June 2012
    I've decided to stop lurking and actually make a post:

I understand that they did not plan this and getting angry won't make this go any faster, but as a customer I am very unhappy. When you get many people to pay for the season pass claiming that episodes will be released monthly, it is your responsibility to at least talk to those customers when you can't release it after a month. When you release the game on multiple platforms, it is your responsibility to make sure that the games can play on those platforms.

They did not get the product to me in a month, they did not contact me as to why my product was not given to me on time, they stayed silent about the release date, they did not publish what time on the delayed release day the game would be released, and they did not make sure the game worked for the PS3. They are coming across as an irresponsible company, and I as a customer feel disrespected.

Want to know how to step it up? TALK TO US! Let us know what's wrong. Let us know when you expect it to be fixed. Just letting us know would go a LONG way with me.

Preach on brotha!
  • edited June 2012
    Minako86 wrote: »
    I couldn't find it at first either until I learned that it is the add on content.

really??? :eek: please tell me how i want to at least download and install it even though it's not working
  • edited June 2012
    Everyone, we're partially famous! IGN has an article about this problem, and the thread! Here's the link!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/29/the-walking-dead-episode-2-having-issues-on-psn
  • edited June 2012
    Jessabeth wrote: »
    It shows some level of communication whereas they could have simply kept quiet and avoided this thread completely.

Of course they're "communicating" they NEED as many people as they can get to give results so they can get some form of consensus on the possible cause or area of the problem. They're doing this because if they dont, they won't be able to fix it within a decent amount of time and SHOCK HORROR people will begin to ask for a legitimate refund that they will be forced to give.

Heaven forbid that they "communicate" with their customers during the last month of silence. Back then they could wriggle around the wording or "monthly" and "periodical" to ensure that they could take a good 2-3 months to release each epsiode rather than their advertised "monthly" and flat out refuse any calls for a refund thanks to the grey area that wording afforded whilst tricking a large amount of people into buying the product due to this "monthly" promise.

They're not fixing it because they care about us, they're fixing it because they'll have to give back all those season passes if they dont. So hey, lets not rage, lets help TT, they're "communicating" after all....
  • edited June 2012
    BTW, if it doesn't matter who bought the game and how, why did they ask? =)

Thinkception...:)
  • edited June 2012
    Finally, someone that can help. And hopefully I do not have to wait another 4 months for a patch :)
  • edited June 2012
    On the plus side the Telltale forums are getting lots of new members today :). On the down side, not for the right reasons :(...
  • edited June 2012
    lol i usually play games on PC, and i've seen the rare bad launch bugs, including being unable to even play a game until it's patched. RAGE had a ton of AMD users literally unable to play the game form launch until that was worked around. I used nvidia at the time and didn't have the problem, but, it does happen, it's just that it is a lot less common on consoles, and it's even not that common on PC for me. I'm a bit frustrated too though tried redownloading and launching from the episode itself selecting play, and continuing my episode 1 save a couple of times lol. Nothing we can do but wait though, screaming at them doesn't give them useful information, useful information helps them solve the problem quicker so we can all play, rather than having them sort through abunch of flames to find the useful information.

I normally play on consoles, so haven't had much experience with bad glitches. Dead Island was about the worst I had seen. lol still a great game though. I will still play when the patch comes out and will still finish the game i think, but while the developers fix the problem of this one game, the company should look into fixing its reputation. They really didn't do it well this time....
  • edited June 2012
    Everyone, we're partially famous! IGN has an article about this problem, and the thread! Here's the link!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/29/the-walking-dead-episode-2-having-issues-on-psn

Hey ign people! :D
  • edited June 2012
    BTW, if it doesn't matter who bought the game and how, why did they ask? =)

They need to ask to ensure that it is in fact not an issue with how one bought the game. Now, after asking, it can be seen that it doesn't matter how one bought it; the game on the whole appears broken.

They had to ask first to come to that conclusion.
  • edited June 2012
    Doug could fix the problem

good thing i saved him :P, we should have it in no time then :D
  • edited June 2012
    Awww... I only got 11 minutes.:(

Aw man, I'm sorry, and really grateful my loading time is twice as long. You could uninstall it and then reinstall it and you'd have 11 MORE minutes of hope before you realized you'd downloaded the main screen again.

If you use the walking dead theme you can even confuse your brain into thinking that maybe it DID work!

Wait? What are those ic-... Damn. main screen again.
  • edited June 2012
    Did you say they the game is working for you!?

Here's what I need to know;
    1.Who is working on it?
    2.Is it worth my time sitting here waiting?
    The person who said that later said it was a typo and he was referring to episode 1.
  • edited June 2012

Hi Mom! Send Money!!!
  • edited June 2012

and the bastards posted a video review on the page, as if to mock us
  • edited June 2012
    Jessabeth wrote: »
    The need to ask did exist for the simple fact that everyone asking here might have only downloaded it in the same fashion. Rather than look at every individual person who purchased it and how (if they have that information just sitting about somewhere), the easiest (and best way to show people that they weren't just ignoring the issue) way to do this was to ask those who were here.

And hey, it helps me pass the time too. lol

I kind of figure the easiest way to figure out that it's broken both ways would be to do a quick QA strategy and use their own in house resources to trouble shoot it from the office. If they had tested it, to any degree on the PS3, it seems they would have found the flaw before releasing it. I'm not horribly mad, but I -WILL- get my entertainment from Tell Tale today, even if it is on the forums. lol
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Mom! Send Money!!!

Your a funny guy.
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Mom! Send Money!!!

lol
  • edited June 2012
    noodle wrote: »
    Of course they're "communicating" they NEED as many people as they can get to give results so they can get some form of consensus on the possible cause or area of the problem. They're doing this because if they dont, they won't be able to fix it within a decent amount of time and SHOCK HORROR people will begin to ask for a legitimate refund that they will be forced to give.

Heaven forbid that they "communicate" with their customers during the last month of silence. Back then they could wriggle around the wording or "monthly" and "periodical" to ensure that they could take a good 2-3 months to release each epsiode rather than their advertised "monthly" and flat out refuse any calls for a refund thanks to the grey area that wording afforded whilst tricking a large amount of people into buying the product due to this "monthly" promise.

They're not fixing it because they care about us, they're fixing it because they'll have to give back all those season passes if they dont. So hey, lets not rage, lets help TT, they're "communicating" after all....

You're right, they don't care whatsoever. Oh wait, very shortly after the problem was reported, they had people on here apologizing and asking questions and telling us they were working on it as we speak to get the problem solved. Yup, no care at all there. But keep making things up, that will really help solve the issue.

This "me me me me" world we live in is a dangerous ground we are walking on.
  • edited June 2012
    So Telltale can take the time to talk to IGN, but they ignore us? What a pile of shit this developer is.
  • edited June 2012

That's almost worth it. Hey, we might even hit the big time and get in Game informer.
  • edited June 2012
    good news everyone. i just saved a lot of money on my car insurence
  • edited June 2012
    So Telltale can take the time to talk to IGN, but they ignore us? What a pile of shit this developer is.

Actually they've responded on this thread 3 times.
  • edited June 2012

Wow, just realized that.
  • edited June 2012

They don't ignore us, some Telltale reps actually responded to the issue in earlier posts, telling us that they are working on it with Sony.
  • edited June 2012
    Well. I'm not too butthurt over this whole ordeal. I am dissapointed tho...
    Guess I'll go fap now.
  • edited June 2012
    You're right, they don't care whatsoever. Oh wait, very shortly after the problem was reported, they had people on here apologizing and asking questions and telling us they were working on it as we speak to get the problem solved. Yup, no care at all there. But keep making things up, that will really help solve the issue.

This "me me me me" world we live in is a dangerous ground we are walking on.

I'm not saying "me, me, me" I'm saying "you, you, you sold me lies and took my money! you, you, you dick you."
  • edited June 2012
    That's almost worth it. Hey, we might even hit the big time and get in Game informer.

Lol, wouldn't that be cool. I'm subscribed to they're magazine. I doubt it'll be in an issue, but I'm gonna check the website to see if they've posted anything about it.
This discussion has been closed.