Episode 202 - Moai Better Blues - Available Now!!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited February 2008 in Sam & Max
moaibetterbluesblogimage.jpg

Woo! The first info for the next Sam & Max episode is starting to trickle out. The episode? "Moai Better Blues!" The official announcement, plot synopsis, screens, etc etc will be going up tomorrow, but 1up and GameVideos asked to get a sneak peak so we sent them the trailer a day early.

Check out the trailer here. In addition to the embedded Flash video, they've got a link to a high quality WMV player as well.

Trailer by Nick! Script by Chuck Jordan! Voiceover by the guy who plays Mr Featherly! Assumed nudity by everyone!

Super Update! The official Moai Better Blues website is up, featuring the trailer and a few screenshots! Take a look.

Comments

• edited December 2007
    Looking good! Can't wait
  • edited December 2007
    How spoilery are those trailers?
  • edited December 2007
    It shows some locations, but it's such an awesome trailer it's inhuman to pass up. It's a spring break infomercial spoof and it's hilarious. I love the combining items joke
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    fpostma wrote: »
    How spoilery are those trailers?

There aren't any plot spoilers other than what you'd learn from a one sentence synopsis of the episode, plus 3D versions of the episode 202 concept art we put out back during the summer. If you're never planning on looking at a screenshot or watching a video from the episode, then obviously the trailer will have some spoilery stuff, but it's probably less spoilery than most press previews, or extended gameplay videos, will be. Hopefully that helps you gauge. :)
  • edited December 2007
    Rated AO for Adults Only.
  • edited December 2007
    I'm liking that fact that
    Flint is out of his office, things seem to have been added to the office and Sybil is being chased... :D
    Can't wait!
  • edited December 2007
    It seems like there's some
    time travel
    going on as well, unless
    those triangles aren't portals
    !
  • edited December 2007
    Haggis wrote: »
    time travel
    going on as well, unless
    !

Maybe
    time travel
    is the overall theme for the season?
  • edited December 2007
    Maybe
    time travel
    is the overall theme for the season?
    Possibly. And
    could those babies be the Soda Poppers in the past :confused:
    ?
  • edited December 2007
    Possibly. And
    could those babies be the Soda Poppers in the past :confused:
    ?

Good thinking. When I was watching the video I thought that
    the baby sounded like a Soda Popper
    and the fact that there are
    three of them (not that this is really a big clue or anything!)
  • edited December 2007
    Looks like more characters from the comic: http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~dml/SamNMax/char-rubber.html
  • edited December 2007
    Funniest trailer yet. Loved the "Point" and "Click" censor bars :D
  • edited December 2007
    time travel
    going on as well, unless
    !
    I think only the red one is a portal, and it's only a location travel portal. Looks like that's how they got there.
    Great trailer. Funny and quite the visual treat. Hearing
    mr Dudebrough
    again was strangely appropriate, and makes me wonder about
    the other heads
  • edited December 2007
    This must be the single sickest trailer you've ever conceived.

I love it. :D
  • edited December 2007
    Junaid wrote: »
    Looks like more characters from the comic: http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~dml/SamNMax/char-rubber.html

They're Max's favourite!
  • edited December 2007

More like the classic internet meme (made even more famouser by Ally McBeal)

dance.gif
  • edited December 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Funniest trailer yet. Loved the "Point" and "Click" censor bars :D

loved that! very funny :D
  • MelMel
    edited December 2007
    I feel ashamed that I know what you were spoofing. :o (I watch too much late night TV)

That was funny! :D
  • edited December 2007
    the "whats with these guys" line was so perfect haha
  • edited December 2007
    I see.. got to read up on this 'spring break' business :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    For those unfamiliar with Girls Gone Wild, that's what the trailer is spoofing.

Link. Only go there if you're an adult and/or are not ashamed to lie about your age.
  • edited December 2007
    "Act now and in addition to Sam we'll throw in Max ABSOLUTLY FREE!"

Classic. :D
  • edited December 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    I feel ashamed that I know what you were spoofing. :o (I watch too much late night TV)

Hey, I wanted to base it on Miss Cleo instead :(
  • edited December 2007
    The best part of the trailer is when Sam and Max are dancing on the sidewalk. I'd love to get a animated gif of that.
  • edited December 2007
    that was funny
  • edited December 2007
    Nick makes the best trailers. :D

You guys should see if you can edit around a 30 sec. version and get GameTap to air it on their spots on TV, especially since I've seen Sam & Max being advertised a lot during the adult swim line up. That would be a fun way to get people's attention.

Here the GameTap "squeek", see the GGW parody, end with another GameTap "squeek."

Nice to see more characters from the comics showing up, if those babies are indeed
    the Rubber Pants Commandos
  • edited December 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    ...and/or are not ashamed to lie about your age.

:eek: I'm telling Jack Thompson about that blatant advocation of age-spoofing by a TT employee! :p

But yeah, how many more of those can they possibly make? They'll either run out of girls willing to go wild, or places for them to go wild in.
  • edited December 2007
    But yeah, how many more of those can they possibly make? They'll either run out of girls willing to go wild, or places for them to go wild in.

Either that, or they will just go back to the places they've already been, higher the most popular rapper at the time, and supply the alcohol. :D

So let's see, Episode 201 was a parody of The Thing movie trailer, Episode 202's trailer is a parody of a GGW commercial...

...I can only hope that 203's trailer is a parody of those "NEXT TIME!!" trailers at the end of popular TV shows that double as the commercial they'll air for the rest of the week until said episode airs. Then again, I'm just waiting for the 24 parody opener.

Max's voice over a blank screen: "The following takes place between the hours of 12:32 AM and 12:32 PM" [insert montage of things exploding for no reason and Sam yelling "EVERYBODY GET DOWN!!"]
  • edited December 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    So let's see, Episode 201 was a parody of The Thing movie trailer, Episode 202's trailer is a parody of a GGW commercial...

I'm hoping 203 parodies Dateline NBC. "Hi, why don't you have a seat over there? I'm Max, and I'd like to know what your intentions were tonight."
  • edited December 2007
    She said she was 18!!!
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Nick makes the best trailers. :D

Just to be fair, Chuck wrote the script for the Narrator, and Jake put in some editing time, while also being my creative wall to bounce ideas off of.

But thanks Zeek. I do this for the fans baby!
  • edited December 2007
    I'd like to see a Doctor Who parody involving the portals.
  • edited December 2007
    :eek: I'm telling Jack Thompson about that blatant advocation of age-spoofing by a TT employee! :p

Emily: Freelance Telltaler

That trailer was disturbing.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    Just to be fair, Chuck wrote the script for the Narrator, and Jake put in some editing time, while also being my creative wall to bounce ideas off of.

And I paced back and forth and said "Is it done yet?" every now and then.
  • edited December 2007
    Mel wrote: »

As soon as I hear steel drums, I cringe.
  • edited December 2007
    I must say that trailer is absolutely hilarious, I feel compelled to go and buy the episode already. {tries to find his creditcard} Wait, I already did, I bought the whole season.

I agree that the babies the trailer look like the Rubber Pants Commandos on R&R. If that is true, I hope that their CO is around somewhere to.
  • edited December 2007
    I'm hoping 203 parodies Dateline NBC. "Hi, why don't you have a seat over there? I'm Max, and I'd like to know what your intentions were tonight."

Sam: "Tonight, on FP360..."

So far, the only able to make fun of Anderson Cooper was Robot Chicken, and they did it respectfully. :D
  • edited December 2007
    I bet Nick liked watching the real advert over and over to get the spoof just right. ;)
  • edited December 2007

That's who I thought of first, too. I'd love to see more integration of the comic into the games.
  • edited December 2007
    The Moai Better Blues page is up now :)

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/moaibetterblues
Sign in to comment in this discussion.