Episode 202 - Moai Better Blues - Available Now!!

Comments

• edited January 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    yeah but, waiting is not really our thing.. we kinda pay 10 bucks a month to get these episodes a day early

and as cool as it is to see the evolution and making of an episode and to see it in a semi completed state...

I agree as well, though you also have to factor in the people that have to wait until tomorrow for the general release.
  • edited January 2008
    ok.. now something is happening, i cant start the game... cant re download either, i am getting an error.. heres hoping they are fixing it
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    They've taken it down so they can replace it with the real version, a process that will hopefully be completed within a few hours.
  • edited January 2008
    Will our saves still be valid? Just out of curiosity, since I'll be starting from the top to catch the missing lines anyway.
  • edited January 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    They've taken it down so they can replace it with the real version, a process that will hopefully be completed within a few hours.

Yay!
    edited January 2008
    Will our saves still be valid? Just out of curiosity, since I'll be starting from the top to catch the missing lines anyway.

Even if they work I wouldn't recommend using them, because I know from experience that saves made in beta versions lead to weird problems in release versions (due to bugs that existed when the save was made and were fixed by the time the final build came out).

I've been told that GameTap will provide instructions for how to clear out old saves when the new version is up.
  • edited January 2008
    I ordered the full season 2 of sam and max the 9th of november, it said that I would be able to download episode 2 the 10th of january AND NOW YOU TELL ME THAT I HAVE TO WAIT ONE MORE DAY ! I didn t pay for the 11th I paid for the 10th. So I want my episode 2 RIGHT NOW or I gonna come all the way from Paris to eat your first-born.
  • edited January 2008
    eze226 wrote: »
    I ordered the full season 2 of sam and max the 9th of november, it said that I would be able to download episode 2 the 10th of january AND NOW YOU TELL ME THAT I HAVE TO WAIT ONE MORE DAY ! I didn t pay for the 11th I paid for the 10th. So I want my episode 2 RIGHT NOW or I gonna come all the way from Paris to eat your first-born.

Relax, it was an error on the page. Gametap always gets it a day before the general release.
  • FloFlo
    edited January 2008
    Relax, it was an error on the page. Gametap always gets it a day before the general release.
    Last season Gametap got episodes a week early and people who purchased the full season got them a day ahead of the standalone release. So naturally we expected the January 10th date to be accurate.
  • edited January 2008
    eze226 wrote: »

ill have what he is having... with a side of fries

P.S. GT = 2nd Thursday of the month... TT = 2nd Friday of the month... simple enough?
  • edited January 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    ill have what he is having... with a side of fries

P.S. GT = 2nd Thursday of the month... TT = 2nd Friday of the month... simple enough?

But can I have a large soda with that? :D
  • edited January 2008
    I celebrate every release of a new sam and max episode by sacrifying a dog and a rabbit. I already killed them today, how am I supposed to find another pair before tomorrow?
    Ow, by the way, you re right it just a small error, just a #@!# insignificant error like mistaking a blender for a cradle.

Sorry Timmy.
  • edited January 2008
    Yeah, Season Two Upgrade is available...

By the way, when I read that Episode 202 available this friday, is it with the european or american time ?
  • edited January 2008
    Eze226: It's not a big deal. GameTap is the first service of it's kind, they are bound to make mistakes. And yelling at the TT guys is unneeded, they've bent over backwards for us numerous times.
    edited January 2008
    Agreed, everyone makes mistakes (God knows we've had our own shaky launches, too!). They're moving quickly to get it fixed.

More details will probably appear here as they're available: http://www.gametap.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=12836&tstart=0
  • edited January 2008
    they've bent over backwards for us numerous times

sounds kinky.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    esteban wrote: »
    Yeah, Season Two Upgrade is available...

By the way, when I read that Episode 202 available this friday, is it with the european or american time ?

It'll be released some time between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific Time (which is one of the "America time" timezones :) ). Probably in the earlier, morning half of that window, but that is the time span we're at work doing things like launching the game... so sometime in there!
  • edited January 2008
    Some call it GMT -8.
  • edited January 2008
    Or UTC -8. Thanks both of you for the answers...

But, in fact, that means it will be available when I go back from work ;)
  • edited January 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Eze226: It's not a big deal. GameTap is the first service of it's kind, they are bound to make mistakes. And yelling at the TT guys is unneeded, they've bent over backwards for us numerous times.

In a way it is the first of its kind, in the area of a monthly fee giving you a large quantity of games. Though in the area of digital distribution, there are others that have done it, Steam being the most prominent of them.
  • edited January 2008
    Yeah, but GameTap is the first to offer legal emulation of a wide range of platforms through unique middleware. Whereas Steam only offers PC titles, and the middleware is similar to ones used in the past. (Don't know if it uses a virtual drive like GT does)
  • edited January 2008
    they have completely taken down the game from the client now... and it has been 8 hours since they first removed it, i am starting to get annoyied.... did the goons at GT loose the correct version or what?
    edited January 2008
    I guess it turned out to be a more difficult fix than they originally thought. :(
  • edited January 2008
    D:

The reason I have Gametap is because I'm too impatient to wait. This is killing me, especially since I got a small taste this morning.
  • edited January 2008
    As SloppyJimbo noted in another thread, the game seems to be back up!
  • edited January 2008
    still cant play it.. keeps crashing when i try to launch it
  • edited January 2008
    Weird, it worked for me.
    edited January 2008
    If you downloaded the beta version be sure to remove it before playing the new one.
  • edited January 2008
    besides deleting the game and re-downloading... what else do i have to do?

EDIT: i just also tryed the game on my laptop, which i had not installed it on at all this morning... it also crashes as soon as i start the app
    edited January 2008
    I don't know! I haven't used GameTap in almost 2 years! (secret confession!)
  • edited January 2008
    i think the dowload is curropted or something... cause the game keeps crashing on both of my computers, and i just downloaded the thing as i posted that

EDIT: i just got a reply on the gametap forum... they are still having trouble getting the right version up, they will have more info in the AM....

well i guess this will truely be a worldwide launch then... as no one really saw the game today, and everyone is getting it for the first time tomorrow, and if the TT people get it before us i am going to be just a little steamed, (being as i did not buy the season set this year... vista cant read the combo disc from the 1st season on disc, so i dont see the point of it this year)
    edited January 2008
    vista cant read the combo disc from the 1st season on disc

Not to get off topic, but the Season One DVD should be fully Vista compatible. I'm not sure if you've posted about this in the support forum already, but if not, please do.
  • edited January 2008
    If the Season One DVD is not compatible with Vista, then just have it for a snack. DVDs are good dipped in honey mustard!
  • edited January 2008
    Episode 2 works fine on gametap now and I just finished it, some of those puzzle were damn inventive =), I like the new level of challenge thats coming this season.

I tried it in the morning and it worked alright although there were some odd events and things that changed. I didn't get stuck anywhere, but I didn't have time to finish it then as I had to go to a couple classes today. After the real version was patched in it worked 100%, I'm guessing it was just an earlier build with some bugs still in it. And just clicking "update" wont work, click the delete trashcan and then install it again.
  • edited January 2008
    Why is the worldwide release not up yet?
  • edited January 2008
    We are jan the 11th, now everywhere in the world :D Means it's Sam and Max day ! can't wait :)
    Why is the worldwide release not up yet?

Because the bastard of sun does not flood everywhere in the world at the same time, USA decided during the reign of idontrememberwho that they would not work during darklight, hence they decided to secretly rewind their clockworks and make as if the daytime was happening roughly during daylight.

This had the consequence of closing offices while at the same time (!!!) it was daylight in europe. Outrage, and despair cries from overseas were not affecting the tyrannic idontrememberwho and things were kept that way for the billion years.

Yep, that's right, idontrememberwho created jetlag as well, bastard.

anyway, wait until telltalegames employees wake up, take the coffee, prepare the good stuff and send the mails. IIRC they are located on the west coast, that should be roughly 9 hours shift from where you are, i guess the game should arrive by 19:00 NL time (i hope so).
  • edited January 2008
    Ah, okay, thanks for the explanation, I thought it would be released automatically by some script at midnight.

idontrememberwho and murphy both need to be hunted down and shot, what's Sam and Max's phonenumber?
  • edited January 2008
    No script. It's just a game of mousetrap set to go off at midnight that triggers the release. I guess the marble got off track
  • edited January 2008
    Or stolen by a rat.
  • YitYit
    edited January 2008
    When the sun comes up over the International Date Line, it's a new day. Post it. I don't care if it's 4 AM where the TT offices are. Automate it!

(please? I enjoy downloading it before I go to school.)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.