Episode 202 - Moai Better Blues - Available Now!!

Comments

• edited January 2008
    azza29 wrote: »
    Hey is there going to be an upgrade offer like for season one? I bought the first episode and want to upgrade to the whole season.

I I remember correctly, it is either already possible to upgrade you single episode to the entire season, or it should be available soon after the new episode will be released publicly this Friday. This has been stated before by Telltale employees somewhere around the board several times I think.

Either way you should not have to worry, but you might have to wait untill friday.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Coming as soon as episode 202 is available. We're working on it this week! :)
  • edited January 2008
    *looks up from playing Phantom Hourglass*
    A gameplay video? That's the best kind of video!

*OFF TOPIC CRAP*

Is Phantom Hourglass really bogged-down with touch-screen crap? Because if it's mainly playable with the d-pad and buttons I'll buy it, but everything I've seen has the player sort of dragging Link around, which is retarded beyond belief.

*OFF TOPIC CRAP ENDED*

Edit: fuuuuuuck! The new episode is Friday? Awesome, I have something to look forward to. Games have been really dry lately.
  • edited January 2008
    *OFF TOPIC CRAP*

Is Phantom Hourglass really bogged-down with touch-screen crap? Because if it's mainly playable with the d-pad and buttons I'll buy it, but everything I've seen has the player sort of dragging Link around, which is retarded beyond belief.

*OFF TOPIC CRAP ENDED*

You can't play it with the buttons, but the stylus-based gameplay is a lot more intuitive than people seem to expect. It's like a point-and-click adventure, but faster-paced. It plays really, really well. Borrow it from someone if you don't believe me.

And woo, can't believe it's almost Sam & Max time again!
  • edited January 2008
    No D-Pad controls in Phantom Hourglass at all, I'm afraid =/.
    I found it a pain in the neck hand too, no matter what everyone else says.

EDIT: It's great for drawing on the maps and using weapons and things, but I can't help but feel it'd be a lot easier to control Link the traditional way. Plus my hand gets cramp a lot quicker using the stylus.
    edited January 2008
    No matter what everyone else says? Heh. I had no problem with the Zelda controls at all. They're actually surprisingly fluid and intuitive. (It controls just like Animal Crossing on the DS, if you've played that.) It's definitely a change from the regular classic Zelda controls, but it made things feel nice and fresh to me... I wasn't just playing Link to the Past with new dungeons.
  • edited January 2008
    There is no need to be sceptical about the touch screen controls, because like LuigiHann and Jake have said, it does actually work really well. There are also neat touches like utilising the microphone by blowing in it to make something happen on screen.
  • edited January 2008
    I prefer Twilight Princess :3 *hugs his brand new Wii*
  • edited January 2008
    I had no problems at all with the touch screen only controls. ?Most people said "It takes getting used to" but I got a hang of them right away.
    edited January 2008
    IGN's gone and posted their review a little early, but it's a good one!

Spoiler Warning: as with every review, this Moai Better Blues review does contain spoilers about the game.
  • edited January 2008
    great review! can't wait to play it
  • edited January 2008
    remind me to look up who glenn miller is (and how he died)...:rolleyes:
  • edited January 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    No need to wait: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Miller

Oh, and you really need to listen to some of his music, it's some of the finest big band stuff out there!
  • edited January 2008
    wisp wrote: »

I think this will be the first episode where I'll have to have Wikipedia on hand at every line. Last time I did that was to look up Roman Polanski.
  • edited January 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    IGN's gone and posted their review a little early, but it's a good one!

Spoiler Warning: as with every review, this Moai Better Blues review does contain spoilers about the game.

Didn't read the review, but 8.2 is a good score indeed! :)
  • edited January 2008
    Sweet trail i like the "point", "click",and "Toataly" "Nude" sensor bars awsome!
    i'm veary religius so i'm glad you put part of Noah's ark in and half of the 10 commandments! great use of the foutain of youth also!:D
  • edited January 2008
    Just loaded up the game (yay), but unfortunately, I've already noticed two heartbreaking things. Why isn't 1680x1050 resolution available anymore, and for some reason bumper stickers haven't carried over either. Do things that you've unlocked from the last game not carry over if you have Gametap?

On the other hand, the opening sequence is great.

Edit: Nevermind about the resolution, it just wasn't available from the opening menu for some reason.
  • edited January 2008
    i think someone at telltale needs to check the release version of the game on GT

i just thought the game had a lot of bugs (more so than usual) but i think that gametap may have released the wrong version of the game... lots of things are missing, broken, and dont work properly (at least in the teaser anyway, i have not gotten to far into it yet)

it seems like a work in progress... (missing subtitle facial icons, missing music on the island, odd dialogue that seems out of place when you talk to max, the phone and answering machine in the office are broken... just to name a few problems) and yeah... the 201 stuff does not carry over properly as well
  • edited January 2008
    It's 7:30am here, so nobody's in yet. I just started my work machine downloading it so hopefully by the time I get in it'll be downloaded and I can check it out.
  • edited January 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    i think someone at telltale needs to check the release version of the game on GT

i just thought the game had a lot of bugs (more so than usual) but i think that gametap may have released the wrong version of the game... lots of things are missing, broken, and dont work properly (at least in the teaser anyway, i have not gotten to far into it yet)

it seems like a work in progress... (missing subtitle facial icons, missing music on the island, odd dialogue that seems out of place when you talk to max, the phone and answering machine in the office are broken... just to name a few problems) and yeah... the 201 stuff does not carry over properly as well

Same problems here.

EDIT: But the episode is still hilarious so far, good stuff! :D
  • edited January 2008
    Yeah, something's not right. I've emailed the people who can actually get in touch with gametap to sort it out.
  • edited January 2008
    No problem, I'm just glad it wasn't just me. (I've been having a lot of issues with some of Gametap's PC titles)
  • edited January 2008
    From today's issue of The Guardian (sorry for the bad scan):

82dairr.jpg
  • edited January 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »

I cannot really get into details about this, but what your mentioning, seems to me like the earlier build of 202 that was put up for testers (On gametap) back in November/December. It was reactivated last week with the same build. What you are describing were several of the issues of that build, but what is odd is that shouldn't be released to the general public.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Thanks guys, we're looking into this right now.

Guybrush, could you email that scan to me at feedback@telltalegames.com?
  • edited January 2008
    yeah and i have no idea if it is inhibiting game play or not... cause i am suck trying
    to get water from the fountain of youth
    but nothing seems to be working sadly (but its probably just me being not thinking, and ill most likely figure it out as soon as i am done posting this)

can someone tell if this beta version is fully playable? (cause the hints are where i turn in cases like this.. but they aint working either)
    edited January 2008
    That's a multi-stepped puzzle, so you may just be stuck. :) We'll know soon, though.
  • edited January 2008
    yeah i seem to have 2 things i have to do.. and i cant get anywhere with either of them... MAJOR SPOILER
    the first is i still got hoffa in my way even though i have become a "waitress" and i can now deliver him drinks.... and the second is the fountain of youth
    am i missing something or what?
  • edited January 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Thanks guys, we're looking into this right now.

Guybrush, could you email that scan to me at feedback@telltalegames.com?

Done. :)

By the way, please could everyone who got the game on Gametap make sure they remember to use spoiler boxes because we don't want the game spoilt (thanks Dangerzone)! ;)
  • edited January 2008
    Hmm.. any chance we can do what that one guy did when Xbox Live went down, and ask for monetary compensation? :P If 5 mil is a bit too rich, I'd settle for an early release of episode 3 :D

No?

Crap.
    edited January 2008
    Dangerzone, I don't think you'll be able to progress. Wait until they have the real version up, it'll be a much better experience. :D

I'll post a note when we have more details.
  • FloFlo
    edited January 2008
    Speaking of waiting, how much longer do we have to endure the agony of waiting for the 202 release for Season 2 customers? :D
    edited January 2008
    It'll be sometime tomorrow, as advertised. ;)
  • FloFlo
    edited January 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    It'll be sometime tomorrow, as advertised. ;)
    Bah! My account page says January 10, 2008 :(
  • edited January 2008
    now the question becomes... who will see the proper full version first... gametap is begining to really annoy me :rolleyes:

and i honestly can see them taking their sweet time fixing this too... i am not expecting the proper version any time today, and thats one of the reasons i have gametap... to get the sam and max games a day early
  • edited January 2008
    Flo wrote: »
    Bah! My account page says January 10, 2008 :(

Fixed! Sorry about that.
  • FloFlo
    edited January 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Fixed! Sorry about that.

/sigh. I would have preferred the "other" fix ;)

Guess I'll be playing the "beta" build on Gametap like all the other addicts :eek:
  • edited January 2008
    I would wait for the real release build on Gametap. A lot of stuff is broken in the one that's up now.
  • edited January 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I would wait for the real release build on Gametap. A lot of stuff is broken in the one that's up now.

Agreed. That build is also missing some vocal parts and other things....
  • edited January 2008
    yeah but, waiting is not really our thing.. we kinda pay 10 bucks a month to get these episodes a day early

and as cool as it is to see the evolution and making of an episode and to see it in a semi completed state...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.