Episode 202 - Moai Better Blues - Available Now!!

Comments

• edited December 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    The Moai Better Blues page is up now :)

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/moaibetterblues

I don't think Times New Roman was a good font pick. ;) It whiffs of coursework and poorly designed webpages.
  • edited December 2007
    Agreed on the font thing. And Max biting down on the Home Page button isn't enough to cover that up. :p

*reads the Stinky's banner in the screenshots* Traceable Arsenic?!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    Hm it's actually Palatino, but not everyone has that font I guess, though it's damn common these days. I'll set it so the fallback font is something lame like Arial for people who aren't cool.
  • edited December 2007
    Is it just me, or does it look like the DeSoto has been moved nex
    to Bosco's in one of those pictures?
  • edited December 2007
    That's where they parked it in 201,
    since their old parking spot from season 1 is taken up by the Maimtron.
  • edited December 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Hm it's actually Palatino, but not everyone has that font I guess, though it's damn common these days. I'll set it so the fallback font is something lame like Arial for people who aren't cool.

According to some unpopular encylopedia website the full name for it on Microsoft systems is Palatino Linotype.
  • edited December 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    That's where they parked it in 201,
    since their old parking spot from season 1 is taken up by the Maimtron.

Ah, I hadn't played is one yet since I asked for it for Christmas. Here's hoping
  • edited December 2007
    Re the newspaper stand outside Bosco's not-a-shop-no-more:
    "Christmas Saved; Santa Pronounced Dead at the Scene
    (at least I think that's what it says). Sounds interesting...

Like the new episodes page, by the way. Very nice.
  • edited December 2007
    I didn't like that the trailer was a spoof. There are to many spoofs now a days , and I miss original ideas.
  • edited December 2007
    I thought the trailer should've been longer and more difficult. And I found your choice for the title font to be trite and jejune.
  • edited December 2007
    Umm... the trailer for 201 was a spoof too. And based on the titles for 203 and 204 on the Sam and Max site (Night of the Raving Dead and Chariots of the Dogs) those will be spoofs too. So get used to em :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    I didn't like that the trailer was a spoof. There are to many spoofs now a days , and I miss original ideas.

Fortunately the game itself isn't a spoof. It's an original idea!* Instead of having some fun with the trailer, you'd rather we just made a regular trailer? I don't know what an "original idea" is when you're talking about a trailer for a comedy video game. We'll be putting out gameplay footage as well as a demo, which contain nothing but original game content!

* a point and click adventure game about a dog and rabbit detective!**

** the contents of the game are original, though. You will enjoy them!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    And I found your choice for the title font to be trite and jejune.

And that script! Tacky...
  • edited December 2007
    The 203 and 204 titles are very intriguing... Hopefully 203 is the horror genre parody I've been hoping for. :D
  • edited December 2007
    Hopefully they won't go down the same path as the Scary Movie... movies. That formula got old fast.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    I bet Nick liked watching the real advert over and over to get the spoof just right. ;)

Ya... and those videos that will be arriving at my house for the next couple months are all for my "Post Project Research Wrap Up" paper that I'm writing. :o
  • edited December 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Hopefully they won't go down the same path as the Scary Movie... movies. That formula got old fast.

"Throw crap at a wall and see what sticks" is a formula now?
  • edited December 2007
    I bet Nick liked watching the real advert over and over to get the spoof just right. ;)

You mean watching Comedy Central? Yeah, it has its moments.
  • edited December 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »

Only for Disney.
  • edited December 2007
    Isn't parodying stuff kind of, you know, what Sam and Max do?
  • edited December 2007
    i love how everyone took the bait on a post by zachspyfox.. hahahahha .. fools! :rolleyes:
  • edited December 2007

The Zucker Bros. used that technique, and it ended up with classics like Airplane and Naked Gun.
  • edited December 2007
    I preferred Police Squad to the Naked Gun movies.
  • edited December 2007
    True, Police Squad is incomparable. But nothing made me laugh as hard as the umpire scene in the third movie. (I *think* it was the third...)
  • edited December 2007
    If you're thinking of the one where he pretended to be both the Umpire and Enrico Palatso (sp?) that would be the 1st Naked Gun.
  • edited December 2007
    Ohhh, that's right. It's been a long time since I've seen them.
  • jmmjmm
    edited December 2007
    Acording to Adventure Company's website, episode 2 is about
    stopping a volcano eruption
  • edited December 2007
    The plot is on the Moai Better blues page
  • edited December 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    I preferred Police Squad to the Naked Gun movies.

I showed my Police Squad DVD to a friend and I don't think he's ever laughed harder at a TV show. It was a gag every 3 seconds, and every one was comedic gold.
  • edited December 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Fortunately the game itself isn't a spoof. It's an original idea!* Instead of having some fun with the trailer, you'd rather we just made a regular trailer? I don't know what an "original idea" is when you're talking about a trailer for a comedy video game. We'll be putting out gameplay footage as well as a demo, which contain nothing but original game content!

* a point and click adventure game about a dog and rabbit detective!**

** the contents of the game are original, though. You will enjoy them!

I think you just got trolled fyi
  • edited December 2007
    I'll never understand trolls. If their goal is to convince me that they're idiots, then yes, they're quite successful.
  • edited December 2007
    I'll never understand trolls. If their goal is to convince me that they're idiots, then yes, they're quite successful.
    They only do it because they have a hank'ring for mutton.
  • edited December 2007
    Wow, i have to say, the trailer was amazing. Watched it 5 times and couldn't stop laughing my ass of. The Enviroment looks great! I wonder, which role the portals are playing. As it seems, they chase people in the citiy and took them to the Easter Islands.
  • edited December 2007
    AWW man! this game looks great! I can't wait 8D
  • edited December 2007
    Haha! Sybil's being chased by a......... Oh maybe I shouldn't say that. Children like Sam & Max too.;)
  • edited December 2007
    Haha! Sybil's being chased by a......... Oh maybe I shouldn't say that. Children like Sam & Max too.;)

Thanks for reminding me that which I almost forgot about from Art History's chapter on Feminist symbolism.
  • edited December 2007

Now that is all sorts of unintentional funny.
  • edited December 2007

The humor is in the oblivious responses, so the troll succeeded. My hat is off to you, random internet douchebag.
  • edited December 2007
    You sure, guys?

It strikes me more like an immature teenager who's completely clueless about the internet and believes a bunch of dumb crap than a troll.
  • edited December 2007
    The humor is in the oblivious responses, so the troll succeeded. My hat is off to you, random internet douchebag.

haha filthy assistant ftw :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.