Season Two DVD, Soundtrack, Case File

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited July 2009 in Sam & Max
Many people have been asking, many threads have been created (maybe by you!), so let's set this straight:

We're of course making a Season Two DVD, and we're also doing an awesome Soundtrack CD set again, as well as a Season Two Case File. They're all being worked on or manufactured right now, and will be available for mass consumption sometime in the near future.

We'll keep you posted!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Excited much?
  • edited July 2008
    I know I am. Thanks for the info, Jake.
  • edited July 2008
    I know I'm far more psyched than I ever should be to order the case file along with my Season 2 DVD. ^_^
  • edited July 2008
    Oh, one question:

Will the DVD in question use the same DRM solution as the Season 1 DVD? I am pretty happy with the DRM scheme used for the Season 1 DVD. It allows me to feel like I actually own the hard copy, which is very nice for me.

I understand that "no DRM" is not really an option for you, and I respect and honor that. But I do like to pay attention to details like this, because I want to know everything about my purchases up-front. (It's a free disc, but it's still nearly $8 shipping for me here, so I consider it a purchase)
  • edited July 2008
    WHOOOO!! Time to pool away some money for the Soundtrack and Case file! Here's hoping one of the goodies is a lost wedding invite to Sybil's big day! :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Oh, one question:

Will the DVD in question use the same DRM solution as the Season 1 DVD? I am pretty happy with the DRM scheme used for the Season 1 DVD. It allows me to feel like I actually own the hard copy, which is very nice for me.

I understand that "no DRM" is not really an option for you, and I respect and honor that. But I do like to pay attention to details like this, because I want to know everything about my purchases up-front. (It's a free disc, but it's still nearly $8 shipping for me here, so I consider it a purchase)

It should be nearly identical to the Season One DVD.
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    a Season Two Case File.

ah ha i knew you'd do it! :D
  • edited July 2008
    Of course! We must have our Season Case Files! :3
  • edited July 2008
    Can't wait until I'm able to preorder. :)
  • edited July 2008
    do you know how much the case file will cost by any chance?
    edited July 2008
    All official announcements about pricing/release/availability are still forthcoming.

I just wanted to let people know that the products are coming at all.
  • edited July 2008
    glad to know that you haven't been slacking off at the beach ;)
  • edited July 2008
    :D Huzzah!
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    All official announcements about pricing/release/availability are still forthcoming.

I just wanted to let people know that the products are coming at all.

cool, i was just hoping that you would know.
  • edited July 2008
    how long till it comes? huh Telltale huh huh huh?????????
  • edited July 2008
    How do you get the case file?
  • edited July 2008
    Through the store just like everything else. ;)
  • edited July 2008
    t_mack wrote: »
    How do you get the case file?
    you click Telltale Store, of course the 1st Case File is no longer here
  • edited July 2008
    Yay! :) :)

Thank you Jake for this thread. Now all those goodies are official, which is awesome!
    edited July 2008
    Lunatik wrote: »
    Yay! :) :)

Thank you Jake for this thread. Now all those goodies are official, which is awesome!

We've been talking about them in passing in a lot of other threads, but not everyone reads every post, obviously.
  • edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    you click Telltale Store, of course the 1st Case File is no longer here

But do you have to pay for it, or does it come with Season 2?
  • edited July 2008
    t_mack wrote: »
    But do you have to pay for it, or does it come with Season 2?

It's a physical item and like the goodies you used to get with games back in the day. It costs extra besides the cost of the season for the fact that it's all physical items. Also you don't even need to own the whole season to get it either. It CAN be purchased on its own.
    edited July 2008
    Yes. The idea behind the case file was to let people sort of make their own Collectors Edition, if they wanted, for a very low price. It doesn't come free with Season Two, but is a cheap and fun thing to make your game owning experience that much better.
  • edited July 2008
    To make room on my computer, I'm going to uninstall the Season 2 games. But you can absolutely bet that I'm going to be ordering the DVD when it's released! I might get the Case File, but it depends on how much it is, I guess.
  • edited July 2008
    However much it is, I guarantee it'll be worth it.
  • edited July 2008
    it'll probally cost the same price it did for Season 1...everything might be the same price..
  • edited July 2008
    Is there any chance at all that the Case File for Season One will be returning along with the Season Two Case File?

I'm wondering because I became a big Sam & Max fan last month, so, obviously, I missed the case file.
  • edited July 2008
    Sorry, no. The season one case file is gone for good :(
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Sorry, no. The season one case file is gone for good :(

Please please please? :(
  • edited July 2008
    It's not like they can push a button and the production line will start again.
  • edited July 2008
    If it wasn't gone forever, I'd hope it'd be gone for some time. I just spent WAY too much on eBay for the first one. @_@
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    I can say with absolute certainty that we will never produce another run of the Season One case file. The case files are specialty items / labors of love that are much too complicated to do more than once.

That being said, the idea of seeing them up on eBay for ridiculous amounts of money makes me sad. I mean, I understand the concept of supply and demand, but I hope it doesn't turn into a trend.
  • edited July 2008
    I think a "one per customer" rule should apply otherwise I can see people ordering dozens for future ebay-ing.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, Emily...if you're not going to make and distribute them...and we *want* them....

I bought my case file on eBay for an exorbitant amount of money. But I wanted it that much. And when I got it, it was still in its plastic sleeve and everything. I wondered if I should open it, and then I realized, I bought this for a reason. So now all the items are still being thoroughly examined, and it sits happily inside my Season One DVD case. No longer a stingy collector's item, but a well cared for addition to my Season 1 DVD.

Somewhere out there, a collector is crying.

Also, if it helps, I was the only one willing to pay that horrible amount, since I was the first and only bidder. =p
  • edited July 2008
    Can the casefile have a mini torture me elmer doll?
  • edited July 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I think a "one per customer" rule should apply otherwise I can see people ordering dozens for future ebay-ing.
    And I can only repeat what I've said when the idea for that rule came up first: Make it a "one per ordered season disc"... otherwise I could only equip one of the two S2-DVDs I'm gonna order with a case-file... and THAT would suck!
  • edited July 2008
    I dunno. There are legitimate reasons to want more than one case file, like to gift it.
  • edited July 2008
    I dunno. There are legitimate reasons to want more than one case file, like to gift it.

But why would you "gift" a case file to someone who hasn't played the Season in the first place?
  • edited July 2008
    Perhaps they did.

For example, a family member who played it on your copy. Or somebody who played the season on GameTap, and didn't buy directly from TellTale.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, there is still the one per customer (regardless if they bought a season subscription) idea too.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.