Season Two DVD, Soundtrack, Case File

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Ummm.... okay this is getting a little out of hand. and weird.
  • edited September 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Ummm.... okay this is getting a little out of hand. and weird.

Agreed.
  • edited September 2008
    What's up with the soundtrack?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    It's being manufactured probably not as I write this, but definitely during business hours of this week.
  • edited September 2008
    this sounds pretty good...you probably won't be able to keep that september release though. :D
    edited September 2008
    I know :( The soundtrack was running a bit late as it was, and then the proofs came back a crazy green-tinged color that I wasn't expecting, and the packaging had a few mistakes, so it had to go back around for a second round of revisions, which bumped it officially out of September. It's going to be nice, though.
  • edited September 2008
    Cant wait for the soundtrack!
  • edited September 2008
    Wheeeeee, it has arrived - the DVD, soft cover book and case file.

But why is there a 'Return to: ... Malmo, Sweden' sticker on the envelope? Your secret hide-out?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    barchetta wrote: »
    But why is there a 'Return to: ... Malmo, Sweden' sticker on the envelope? Your secret hide-out?

Umm... no clue. Could you take a picture of the packaging and email it to me at info@telltalegames.com? (Normally I'd say to send it to support, but our ticket system doesn't like attachments...)
  • edited September 2008
    please let myself and everyone else know when its close to time when you have no more stock of the case files or other merch! I still have to get this seasons stuffs!
  • edited September 2008
    Kaldire wrote: »
    please let myself and everyone else know when its close to time when you have no more stock of the case files or other merch! I still have to get this seasons stuffs!

Oh, they'll let us know. But if it is anything like the last time, they'll post it on their blog and then five hours later, the product will be sold out.
  • edited October 2008
    That's because when we post that, they suddenly start selling like hotcakes because everyone wants in.
  • edited October 2008
    I lost my mini-CD and STILL can't find the damn thing.

Gah....

Maybe I should buy another case file just in case....>___>
  • edited October 2008
    barchetta wrote: »

It's Telltale being efficient. If you don't pick your package up for some reason, it automatically gets shipped to the next guy [or gal] on the list, in this particular case, someone from Malmö / Sweden.
    Jake wrote:
    I know The soundtrack was running a bit late as it was, and then the proofs came back a crazy green-tinged color that I wasn't expecting, and the packaging had a few mistakes, so it had to go back around for a second round of revisions, which bumped it officially out of September. It's going to be nice, though.

Any idea on a possible shipping date for the soundtrack? The soundtrack is the only item holding my order back and if you could give me a timeframe, that would be great.
    edited October 2008
    We'll post when we have a ship date guaranteed!
  • edited October 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Umm... no clue. Could you take a picture of the packaging and email it to me at info@telltalegames.com?
    Done. And of course it should be Malm"o, but I don't know (yet) how to type a diacritric o with dots in OSX ...

Oh, Emily already replied while I'm typing this (and she has no idea)! Well, good thing I was home at the time - wouldn't wanted my package to end up in Sweden, now would we?
  • edited October 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    It's being manufactured probably not as I write this, but definitely during business hours of this week.

Thanks for the update! Can't wait for it to be finished :cool:
  • edited October 2008
    Yay! I found my Friendly Demon Song mini-CD!

Also yay, I found a secret track hidden well after World of Max ends!

NOT quite so yay, I have no idea what it's saying!

...sounds creepy, though!
  • edited October 2008
    Also yay, I found a secret track hidden well after World of Max ends!

I didn't get my case file yet, but I'm wondering how did Telltale hide the track? Since you said "after" World of Max, I can assume that after last song ends, there's a lenghty gap of silence before the "secret track" plays, which in fact is the same track, only with Content+Silence+Content.

Next time Telltale makes a secret track on the soundtrack or any other audio disc, they should make it "Track 00", this way it's really hidden. Any CD player will start with "Track 01" and to listen to the secret track you actually have to go back one song.

I've seen this on a couple of audio CDs and it's simple enough to do with a cue sheet indexing the hidden song to zero. And that's all I have to say about hidden tracks :]
  • edited October 2008
    My season 2 disc smells like marzipan....do I want to know what you guys have been up to?
  • edited October 2008
    Morden wrote: »
    I didn't get my case file yet, but I'm wondering how did Telltale hide the track? Since you said "after" World of Max, I can assume that after last song ends, there's a lenghty gap of silence before the "secret track" plays, which in fact is the same track, only with Content+Silence+Content.

Next time Telltale makes a secret track on the soundtrack or any other audio disc, they should make it "Track 00", this way it's really hidden. Any CD player will start with "Track 01" and to listen to the secret track you actually have to go back one song.

I've seen this on a couple of audio CDs and it's simple enough to do with a cue sheet indexing the hidden song to zero. And that's all I have to say about hidden tracks :]
    Yeah, you're right. Except the "silence" still has the scratchy record sounds that are in the background of all the tracks.
  • edited October 2008
    Sweet! I can't wait to mine. I've ordered it together with the soundtrack and the Season 2 DVD but like I said before, the soundtrack is holding the order back. Let's hope that the soundtrack will be ready really really soon and that it will be worth the wait! Jake says it's going to be great, but than again, he's a liar ;]
  • edited October 2008
    I got shipping confirmation weeks ago, still waiting here in sunny ol' england. Heh. It takes forever for stuff to get across the pond. I can't wait!
  • edited October 2008
    Anyone gleam any details from the bit hidden at the end of the Friendly Demon CD?
  • edited October 2008
    Ew. You'd have to live through the 90s again.
    So? At least then I can stop myself from "investing" into Pokemon and actually get a jump start on Google's stock.
  • edited October 2008
    I just witnessed the end of the countdown, which then turned into a backwards countdown, for a day apparently? hm
  • edited October 2008
    Ew. You'd have to live through the 90s again.

The 90s were the best time of my life.
    I just took them for granted all those years and now I miss them so much ):
  • edited October 2008
    Lachlan_is wrote: »
    I just witnessed the end of the countdown, which then turned into a backwards countdown, for a day apparently? hm

What Do You Mean It Still Has 6 Hours On TIMEMARIACHIS.BIZ
  • edited October 2008
    It counts down to midnight on the 15th depending on your timezone. I live in Australia, and it's been counting up for over twelve hours now.
  • edited October 2008
    00:01:10:50:10

That's what the time was of this post.
  • edited October 2008
    Here The Time 00:03:45:40:50
  • edited October 2008
    My stuff arrived! YAY! ok.. so my SAM timecard is now covered in blood... I cut myself on something in the package while opening it.. didn't notice till I was like "hey, what's this funny stain?" oh dear oh dear.

Sharp paper edges=bad.

Awesome stuff though. Just burning the mini cd onto my pc for winamp fun. YAY!
  • edited October 2008
    My stuff arrived! YAY! ok.. so my SAM timecard is now covered in blood... I cut myself on something in the package while opening it.. didn't notice till I was like "hey, what's this funny stain?" oh dear oh dear.
    Why does that seem appropriate?
  • edited October 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Don't jump the gun to conclusions, here, guys.

Season Three's far enough off that we're not ready for teasers or anything yet.

Still, the domain is registered by TellTale :)

Also, due to the financial uncertainty all around the world I've put my money on an account at Banco Lavadero, these guys seem reliable.
  • edited October 2008
    Hm. I notice my token is struck off-center or something. Did that happen to a bunch, or is it extra valuable now (like real coins!)? The channels for the pattern on the outside of the coin extend into the rim. I'll try to snap a photo later.
  • edited October 2008
    Zeek> lol! My thumb huuuurts!!!!
  • edited October 2008
    soultrain.jpg

Here's what my token looks like.
  • edited October 2008
    Soo ... Any updates on the soundtrack? I just can't wait :] Even when you guys ship it, it will still take about a week or more for it to get here.
  • edited October 2008
    We just got them in! That means they'll start shipping out in the next couple of days.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Arrkhal wrote: »
    Hm. I notice my token is struck off-center or something. Did that happen to a bunch, or is it extra valuable now (like real coins!)? The channels for the pattern on the outside of the coin extend into the rim.

They're not all like that. Yours is special.

Also: soundtrack!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.