Season Two DVD, Soundtrack, Case File

Comments

• edited September 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    They should put the rolled poster in a tube, then put the tube in the box with everything else.
    as a two time print orderer, i can confirm that. my first print was only rolled with a rubber band holding it and shipped with the other items.
    the second print however was shipped inside a cardboard tube that was put inside the actual box.
    if the amount of filling material is slightly increased, the shipping might become pretty secure.
  • edited September 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    as a two time print orderer, i can confirm that. my first print was only rolled with a rubber band holding it and shipped with the other items.
    the second print however was shipped inside a cardboard tube that was put inside the actual box.
    if the amount of filling material is slightly increased, the shipping might become pretty secure.

The first time would be from our old warehouse, who definitely had issues with box packing. Our new place should be using much sturdier packaging, and padding things out with kraft paper.
  • edited September 2008
    Just placed my order, now that items are in stock - looking forward to getting it! Shipping was $12.50, I guess that's just what it costs to get a DVD and case file to Australia. Was a bit surprised at the Fedex shipping rate though - over $60! What do they do, give the parcel it's own seat on the plane?

Also I'm curious about the 'tax'... is that Australian GST or a US tax? Just I don't recall being charged tax on a Telltale order before...
  • edited September 2008
    US tax.
  • edited September 2008
    Excuse me, but I'm almost CERTAIN that boltronics is wrong. I don't remember where it was and I can't cite it, but I'm sure Emily said that somewhere that the tax is calculated based on your address, and that's how they pay international import taxes like VAT and the like.
  • edited September 2008
    Sorry if I am wrong, I have always thought it's US tax
  • edited September 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Our new place should be using much sturdier packaging, and padding things out with kraft paper.
    when did you change the warehouse? anyway, with my last packages there always was paper stuffing in the box...but not enough to secure a heavy item like the hardcover surfin book. nothing was damaged, but i am not sure if the book would have remained undented, had it been dropped accidentally.
    you can never be to careful with these cool items you sell at the store...;)
    Excuse me, but I'm almost CERTAIN that boltronics is wrong. I don't remember where it was and I can't cite it, but I'm sure Emily said that somewhere that the tax is calculated based on your address, and that's how they pay international import taxes like VAT and the like.
    you sure? because i had to pay tax on all three seasons i bought (sam&max 1&2, sbcg4ap)...but not on any orders that only included physical goods (like the bonus disc, t-shirt, prints, books, etc..). with one exception and that was my last order with the season two goodies and the bonus disc...this one had tax as well.
    you don't need to pay import tax for digital and also downloadable content, do you? i am confused..:confused:
  • edited September 2008
    You shouldn't have to pay tax for digital downloads. I haven't in the past, and it never showed up in any of my invoices.
  • edited September 2008
    Pretty sure I had to buy tax when I bought Series 2. Something about the EU taxing any goods from outside of their reign of terror, physical or downloads.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    when did you change the warehouse? anyway, with my last packages there always was paper stuffing in the box...but not enough to secure a heavy item like the hardcover surfin book. nothing was damaged, but i am not sure if the book would have remained undented, had it been dropped accidentally.

In July. The preordered hardcovers (which I'm assuming yours was) went from the old warehouse.

Regarding tax, international taxes are calculated based on where you live. We are looking into the Australian tax to make sure it's being done right, but my understanding is that it's a 10% VAT that's required by the Australian government.
  • edited September 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Regarding tax, international taxes are calculated based on where you live. We are looking into the Australian tax to make sure it's being done right, but my understanding is that it's a 10% VAT that's required by the Australian government.

I checked my orders, and I was charged an extra 10% on my Strong Bad season pass order as well. The amount is right (Australia has a 10% GST), but it's surprising that you have to charge it for a digital download, I don't think Steam do. But then maybe Telltale are doing the right thing and Steam aren't yet.

Interestingly, I wasn't charged tax on Sam & Max Season 2...
  • edited September 2008
    Strange indeed. I don't think I was charged tax on buying episode 1 of SBCG4AP, but was when I pre-ordered the season. Will have to check though...

Yep, that's right. Incidentally I also wasn't charged any tax on the Season 2 disc.
    edited September 2008
    Let's not turn this thread into a tax conversation. If you have specific questions you can post them in the shopping support forum, but keep in mind that tax is handled for us by a third-party company who calculates it based on where you live and specializes in this stuff, and it's not always possible for Telltale to answer exactly why tax was charged a certain way on a specific transaction.
  • edited September 2008
    Back on topic then, I got my case file yesterday! :) The items are great! Loved the coin the most followed closely by the mini CD.
  • edited September 2008
    Will the Mini-CD still play anywhere? :p I thought those went out of style along with the ZIP drive in the US. I know they still use Mini-CDs in Japan for CD Singles, which I like because they are no bigger than your average bookmarker and come with at least two songs.
  • edited September 2008
    It'll play in any drive that isn't slot-loading, since they're not built for smaller discs (except the Wii, I guess).
  • edited September 2008
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    Dang, any estimations of when they will ship?

Seconding this, I can't wait for the soundtrack especially :)
  • edited September 2008
    Yes Yes I Got Season 2 Disk With Case File Yes Yes
  • edited September 2008
    On my past purchases page it says
    Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info.

but I got my DVD and case file yesterday.
  • edited September 2008
    I got mine today. What's the Tiki thing supposed to be, like a frisbee? A coaster? Punch a hole in it and hang it from your rearview mirror as a nothing-scented air freshener?

I think I'm going to make the token my designated decision-making coin. Call it in the air, trains or moles?

Packaging for my order was the big air bubble things, but I had the hardcover Surfin' the Highway, too. #1483. Looked pretty secure. I don't think anything would have been damaged if the package was dropped. Packed a lot better than EA did for my Spore: Galactic Edition.
  • edited September 2008
    Arrkhal wrote: »
    I got mine today. What's the Tiki thing supposed to be, like a frisbee? A coaster? Punch a hole in it and hang it from your rearview mirror as a nothing-scented air freshener?

I think I'm going to make the token my designated decision-making coin. Call it in the air, trains or moles?

Packaging for my order was the big air bubble things, but I had the hardcover Surfin' the Highway, too. #1483. Looked pretty secure. I don't think anything would have been damaged if the package was dropped. Packed a lot better than EA did for my Spore: Galactic Edition.

It A Coster For One and Two I got Sam&max Season2 With Case File Today Yea!!!!
  • edited September 2008
    What are the wallpapers on the DVD?
  • edited September 2008
    I got my DVD and case file today!

The coin is actually slightly LESS impressive than I had it built up in my mind, but it's still very nice.

And three of the six songs on the "LP" are my favorites! "Friendly Demon Song", "It's Good For You(It's Good For Me)", and "Tedd E. Bear"?

Yes.

Thank you Telltale.

And the Soda Jerks song, as well! Not my favorite, no, but I still really like that one too!
  • edited September 2008
    If You Want to see Whats In The Case File go To http:www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN8_VcPQo2s
  • edited September 2008
    Thats me In The Video
  • edited September 2008
    Oh god, I find it so hard to restrain myself in these situations...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Dash383535 wrote: »
    If You Want to see Whats In The Case File go To http:www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN8_VcPQo2s

Awesome! I think you're the first person to post a product overview or unbox video from a TTG product.
  • edited September 2008
    Thats me In The Video

Junior Member indeed. Good to see the next generation enjoying sam n max's wacky antics :)
  • edited September 2008
    Oh good! I just got the shipping confirmation today for my order.

That I received in my mailbox yesterday.

Good show, Telltale.

Good show.
  • edited September 2008
    I also experienced insanely fast shipping from TellTale!

The order shipped on September 22 and arrived on September 18!
    That's -4 days shipping speed!

Could Telltale be in possession of a Chron-O-John?
  • edited September 2008
    Maybe..... ;)
    edited September 2008

Did your DVD have a Flint Paper insert inside it? Looks like not from the video.

If not, send me a PM and I'll send you one.
  • edited September 2008
    Still no ETA on the soundtrack?
  • edited September 2008
    Count me among those who got a late shipping confirmation for the Season 2 disc (received the email this morning, though my package arrived last Thursday). Something similar happened with my previous order, when I received the confirmation and the delivery on the same day. Bizarre ...

That aside, though, I've been very, very pleased with both the packaging and the episodes contained therein. (The DVD version is my first play-through of Season 2. :o )
  • edited September 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Did your DVD have a Flint Paper insert inside it? Looks like not from the video.

If not, send me a PM and I'll send you one.

Yea But I Took It Out I dont need it
  • edited September 2008
    Quuux wrote: »
    Junior Member indeed. Good to see the next generation enjoying sam n max's wacky antics :)

i also Have Both SBCG4AP on Wii
  • edited September 2008
    My Package was 'Da bomb!"

(sorry)
  • edited September 2008
    My case file still hasn't shipped. Should I be worried? :confused:

(by the way, from my experience with the 1st season, the order from telltale takes an insane amount of time to get here to Israel - about a whole month. Which is weird because everywhere else I order I usually get my orders within less than a week)
  • edited September 2008
    Any news on the soundtrack? I guess the print and case file are shipping.
  • edited September 2008
    If you dont Have DVD Yet I Also Have The Season 2 Outtakes On My DVD Portable At www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0_sMuO0vW4&feature=user My hands were Ah! after Letting Go Of The DVD Portrable
Sign in to comment in this discussion.