Season Two DVD, Soundtrack, Case File

Comments

• edited October 2008
    Emily wrote: »

Yay! Finally! The cover looks awesome! :D
  • edited October 2008
    Heck yeah! Can't wait to get all my nice stuff.
  • edited October 2008
    Awesome news.
    I ordered the soundtrack and the Case File of Season 2 together so that means I'll get a nice S&M package within 3 weeks or so! :)
  • edited October 2008
    When you'll be sending out my Season 2 disc, Season 2 soundtrack and the Season 2 case file, throw in that neat bonus disc for the Wii version, will you? :] I won't be able to get them here in Europe. Was it a preorder item?
  • edited October 2008
    Useless fun stuff in a folder... AWESOME
  • edited October 2008
    Hooray, Soundtrack should be shipping soon! So I will get my full S2 media-pack order!

I'm also kinda glad that my credit card was charged back when I placed the order in July, because now it'd be about 50% more expensive due to the exchange rate...
  • edited October 2008
    WHEN DO I GET MAH GOODIES PACK????
    -Peter Langbeck
  • edited October 2008
    Impending soundtrack, hooray!
  • edited October 2008
    Just as I was getting a little concerned it wouldn't turn up, I got my DVD and case file in the mail today!

Very nice, looking forward to checking out the special features when I get home. Also it's a doubly awesome day because Lego Batman has finally made it's way to the PC here is Australia, almost a week after the actual release date. Sweet!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Morden wrote: »
    When you'll be sending out my Season 2 disc, Season 2 soundtrack and the Season 2 case file, throw in that neat bonus disc for the Wii version, will you? :] I won't be able to get them here in Europe. Was it a preorder item?

We have exactly one copy of the bonus CD, and it's the copy I got when I preordered the game from Gamestop. Sorry. :(
  • edited October 2008
    Oh well, I'll get over it. Or score it on eBay one day. Someone will surely be selling those sooner or later. What's on the disc anyway? Is it the same bonus content that we get on the PC Sam & Max: Season One disc? You can't have mixed data on the Wii disc like you can on the PC, so I guess the only way to include the bonus footage in the Wii version would be either on the game disc, encoded for the Wii, or on a separate DVD.

Or is it something exclusive to the Wii version and features some Wii only extras like "The making of" and such?
  • edited October 2008
    I read in a recent automated e-mail from GameStop that they're still handing out copies to anyone that buys the game from their online store until their supply of CDs is gone.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited October 2008
    Morden wrote: »
    Oh well, I'll get over it. Or score it on eBay one day. Someone will surely be selling those sooner or later. What's on the disc anyway? Is it the same bonus content that we get on the PC Sam & Max: Season One disc? You can't have mixed data on the Wii disc like you can on the PC, so I guess the only way to include the bonus footage in the Wii version would be either on the game disc, encoded for the Wii, or on a separate DVD.

Or is it something exclusive to the Wii version and features some Wii only extras like "The making of" and such?

Based on everything I've learned from this forum thread and the website (more specifically, here), the bonus disc is the same CD-Rom as the one that was included with the PC retail version.
    And when I say CD-Rom, it means that you need a computer to play it.
  • edited October 2008
    W00T! I got my shipping confirmation, so now I can expect it in the mail soon!

Though, I wonder why I was sent the same e-mail twice. Glitch in the system?
  • edited October 2008
    I have to say, the season 2 case file absolutely rocks!

I felt the season 1 file was a bit disappointing, but boy the s2 one more than makes up for it. The soul token is fantastic and the mini cd is even better - The LP scratching noises were a very cool touch and the selection of songs is top notch.
  • edited October 2008
    doh still waiting on my awesome package due to the soundtrack.. I cant waiiit.. another bartender another round of ale for my mates!
    non alch pina coladas for the minors

Maybe I should buy another few case files..and dvds.. xmas is around the corner... (oh im praying for xmas wears! sam n max and telltale hoodie please)
  • edited October 2008
    Any chance for a track-listing of the soundtrack? And if I understand correctly, the second discs contains the cutscene music in MP3-format, so a listing of those would be cool too!
  • MelMel
    edited October 2008
    Disk 1-

T.H.E.M.
    Freelance Panic
    Arctic Hush
    The Big Stinker
    Unholy Workshop
    TKO
    The Creature Was Stirring
    The Friendly Demon Song

Easter Island
    Woo!
    Hangin' 8
    Rapa Nui Choo Choo
    Beneath the Island of the Chimps

Sturm und Drang
    New Location Unlocked (Midtown Remix)
    Jurgen's Lair Suite
    Silent Shootout

Disk 2-

La Officina del Futuro
    Oscuridad Eterna
    La Cancion de los Mariachis
    El Molajete De Almas
    Feliz Cumpleanos

Twilight Eternal
    Please Hold
    4:59
    Fugue and Dies Irae
    Grotesque Burlesque
    Absorptio Bullenscens Fatiscores Daemona
    Season Two End Credits

Ice Station Santa Cutscene Suite
    Moai Better Blues Cutscene Suite
    Night of the Raving Dead Cutscene Suite
    Chariots of the Dogs Cutscene Suite
    What's New Beelzebub? Cutscene Suite
    The Office
    Sybil's
    City Streets
    Ice Station Santa Trailer
    Chariots of the Dogs Trailer

Digital tracks in Italics
  • edited October 2008
    Thanks!!

Ooooh, the cutscene music as suites... that's, well, sweet(s)!

Compared to the S1-soundtrack there seem to be considerably less tracks per disc... does this have an impact on running-time, or are the discs filled up pretty much?
  • edited October 2008
    YAY DIGITAL TRACKS!! More exclusive content for my iPod!! :D
  • edited October 2008
    hmm, i have no confirmation email regarding my shipment, now that the CD is out.
  • MelMel
    edited October 2008
    Marty wrote: »
    hmm, i have no confirmation email regarding my shipment, now that the CD is out.

My confirmation email didn't get to me right away (once they announced the soundtrack was shipping). Once I got the email, I got it in the mail a day or two later.
  • edited October 2008
    Telltale, you're jerks!!! the one time i can't be here for a week you decide to release SBCG$AP Ep. 3 AND the goodies pack??!! Come on! I've bought all your stuff!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Compared to the S1-soundtrack there seem to be considerably less tracks per disc... does this have an impact on running-time, or are the discs filled up pretty much?

They're both filled nearly to the brim. We moved the cuscene suites to digital tracks because we had ~3 hrs of music (nearly 33% more than last year) and a budget for a 2 disc project.

It works really well though, in my opinion. The cutscene stuff works well in suites, and it makes the audio CD portion feel a bit more balanced since its just the live-instrument filled environment themes.

There's an html file on the digital track with an alternate track ordering to reintegrate the digital tracks if you'd prefer, for when you rip it to an ipod or obsessively burn your own repackaged 3 disc version :) There's also an album art jpeg for iTunes/mp3 player purposes.
  • edited October 2008
    My goodies are also on the way - yay! I'll let you know what I think of them when they come.
  • edited October 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    There's also an album art jpeg for iTunes/mp3 player purposes.

Thanks. :)
  • edited October 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    Disk 1-

T.H.E.M.
    Freelance Panic
    Arctic Hush
    The Big Stinker
    Unholy Workshop
    TKO
    The Creature Was Stirring
    The Friendly Demon Song

Easter Island
    Woo!
    Hangin' 8
    Rapa Nui Choo Choo
    Beneath the Island of the Chimps

Sturm und Drang
    New Location Unlocked (Midtown Remix)
    Jurgen's Lair Suite
    Silent Shootout

Disk 2-

La Officina del Futuro
    Oscuridad Eterna
    La Cancion de los Mariachis
    El Molajete De Almas
    Feliz Cumpleanos

Twilight Eternal
    Please Hold
    4:59
    Fugue and Dies Irae
    Grotesque Burlesque
    Absorptio Bullenscens Fatiscores Daemona
    Season Two End Credits

Ice Station Santa Cutscene Suite
    Moai Better Blues Cutscene Suite
    Night of the Raving Dead Cutscene Suite
    Chariots of the Dogs Cutscene Suite
    What's New Beelzebub? Cutscene Suite
    The Office
    Sybil's
    City Streets
    Ice Station Santa Trailer
    Chariots of the Dogs Trailer

Digital tracks in Italics

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! Where did u find that out?
  • edited October 2008
    I Got This Stuff About A Month Ago
  • edited October 2008
    But not the soundtrack, which is what held up some of the orders.
  • MelMel
    edited October 2008
    Lachlan_is wrote: »
    THAT IS AWESOME!!!! Where did u find that out?

I just received the soundtrack and typed it from the CD case. :)
  • edited October 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    There's an html file on the digital track with an alternate track ordering to reintegrate the digital tracks if you'd prefer, for when you rip it to an ipod or obsessively burn your own repackaged 3 disc version :) There's also an album art jpeg for iTunes/mp3 player purposes.
    You guys just made my life easier with that. Thanks!
  • edited October 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    I just received the soundtrack and typed it from the CD case. :)

On ya!
  • edited October 2008
    Jake, stop making me want to buy that soundtrack! I have no money! I'm between opportunities! I don't even know if I have a second job interview until later this week!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    The soundtrack's not going anywhere, so be sure to stop by and grab it once you're gainfully employed :)
  • edited October 2008
    Jake, how long would it take for something to arrive in Australia from America?
    I mean the email said "1-2 Weeks or 4-5 Weeks"?!?!?!?
    Thats kookytalk
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    The post office says 1-2 weeks, but very often it takes longer, which is why we ask people to wait 4-5 weeks before writing to us asking where the package is. ;)
  • edited October 2008
    depends, ive dealt a lot with international shipping, slowest is canada and italy by far.. RUN FROM THOSE PLACES

as for australia, getting there is easy but dont know about the mail system there to much. I got posters and shirts from there in 5 days (not including sunday) and I only paid for standard shipping not priority! so I suppose half luck.. half how fast the machine runs?
  • edited October 2008
    Just a wondering, since i purchased the season 2 sound track (and have received it in the mail), how hard would it be to get lossless (FLAC, ALAC, or *shudders* :eek: WAV) versions of the digital audio tracks?
  • edited October 2008
    Lachlan_is wrote: »
    Jake, how long would it take for something to arrive in Australia from America?
    I mean the email said "1-2 Weeks or 4-5 Weeks"?!?!?!?
    Thats kookytalk

My package took about four weeks to get here.
  • edited October 2008
    Got mine today, shipped on Sept. 23. That means more than five weeks, not something I would call 'quick', especially considering the 15 $ it cost me. Can't complain about anything else, though: great work as usual, with incredible bonus material (Dave's and Heather's sketchbooks are full of gems, some of which very illuminating) and top-notch presentation (those DVD menus really stand out). Thank you, Telltale!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.