Season Two DVD, Soundtrack, Case File

Comments

• edited August 2008
    indeed...those things really look sweet.
    @jake: how did you have these produced? did you just sent a vectorgraphic-file to some laser engraving store or were the tokens pressed? they're awesome and considering the price of the case file, it can't be to expensive.

just imaginge the possibilities: i could have my own currency.:D
  • edited August 2008
    I see a limited edition two-headed Sam & Max coin in the future.

One head is Sam, the other heads is Max.

Then I could become some twisted parody of Two-Face. Sam, you live... Max? You get mauled!
  • edited August 2008
    shouldn't it be...sam, you get shot...max, you get mauled?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    indeed...those things really look sweet.
    @jake: how did you have these produced? did you just sent a vectorgraphic-file to some laser engraving store or were the tokens pressed? they're awesome and considering the price of the case file, it can't be to expensive.

just imaginge the possibilities: i could have my own currency.:D

Coins are surprisingly cheap when you're printing a few thousand of them. Of course, your measure of "surprisingly cheap" changes when you know that you have a budget of a couple thousand dollars to spend on them.

But yeah, we sent them a vector graphic of each side of the coin, with the different heights represented in different layers of grey. Gary did the art on the coin and did a beautiful job of it -- I love his rendition of Harry Moleman. It took a little back and forth with the manufacturer to get it right, but in the end, as you can see, it was totally worth it.
  • edited August 2008
    stemot wrote: »
    Just use Paypal when paying, they allow you to use a one time payment on Switch/Meastro, that's how I payed.

And how do I set a one time payment? Where's that SWITCH button??? :confused:
    I'm obviously an idiot...
  • edited August 2008
    shouldn't it be...sam, you get shot...max, you get mauled?
    I was going with the whole Live or Die angle, but yours works too.
  • edited August 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    I was going with the whole Live or Die angle, but yours works too.

Not really. Sam...uh, doesn't shoot anyone. And that does annoy me, when I'm like "STOP PATTING ME DOWN HARRY. I WANT THE GLOBE. I really should just shoot this guy....", and Sam doesn't let me! I don't CARE that it's hardly sporting!
  • edited August 2008
    Oh wow, that's...that's nice.

What is it made of, by the way?

Solid gold.
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Solid gold.

If by solid gold, you mean solid awesome... you, sir, are 100% correct.
  • edited August 2008
    That coin looks pretty damn sweet!
  • edited August 2008
    What items are in the case file? I see the Train Token, the Demon Song, Bosco's card, but what is the thing with Jurgen on it? And, is the Tiny Tiki thing a button or something?
  • edited August 2008
    the item for 203 is some kind of rave flyer...for jürgen's club. the other thing is a tiny tiki style coaster...
  • edited August 2008
    the item for 203 is some kind of rave flyer...for jürgen's club. the other thing is a tiny tiki style coaster...

Oh, okay. Thanks. :)
  • edited August 2008
    They always have to put in something functional. :p I had to keep fighting against using the BoscoTech napkin in order to wipe up dust bunnies when I first got that case file.

I wonder if TTG will hold a contest involving sending photos in of what alcoholic drink you've placed on top of your Tiny Tiki coaster....
  • edited August 2008
    Would have to be fountain of youth water, right?
  • edited August 2008
    Or at least a baby bottle. Not one of those whimpy "no gas" bottles, too. I mean the classic one with the nipples.
  • edited August 2008
    Lemonsquash a la Nipple?
  • edited August 2008
    Hey I'm curious to find out roughly when the case file will be shipping? Mid September? Late September? October?
  • edited September 2008
    azza29 wrote: »
    Hey I'm curious to find out roughly when the case file will be shipping? Mid September? Late September? October?

^^Same question.

It's holding up my various purchases. ^_^
  • edited September 2008
    On the alternate ending of "What's New, Beelzebub?" is the ending playable or just a video. If not, is it longer then what IGN showed us or was that the full thing?
  • edited September 2008
    It was just a joke video. It's not playable. It's kind of like the machnimas, only different.
  • edited September 2008
    The store said Sept 08 for the soundtrack/casefile. So hopefully it ships soon.
  • edited September 2008
    I ordered the case file, I just love it! XD
    hope there are more stuff in there that I can stick in my hair:
    onerabbitonlawyq3.jpg

you should make a character in season 3 that sticks "max for president" tags in their hair. XD
  • edited September 2008
    the season 2 case file doesn't seem to have much stickable stuff in it...but you could make a necklace out of the soultrain token.
  • edited September 2008
    Sniff.. That makes me sad. I've lost my wonderful MfP pin a few months ago.. Looked for it in vain, never recovered from the loss..
  • edited September 2008
    Amaterasu wrote: »
    onerabbitonlawyq3.jpg

Ah, the perfect accessory for this year's registered voter to wear as they are off to go vote who will be the next Prez.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm really looking forward to the case file, especially since I missed out on the last one.
  • edited September 2008
    My first post.

Anyways, I ordered the case file and the season 2 bonus disc together. Now when I check my orders it says "your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon", so you guys should be getting the same message too. I live in Ireland btw so it will probably still be a couple of weeks before I receive mine. However, you guys in the U.S should get them pretty soon by my reckoning.
  • edited September 2008
    We just sent them to the warehouse on Friday, so they'll be shipping orders out as fast as they can through this coming week.
  • edited September 2008
    Wooh! That's great news.
  • edited September 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    We just sent them to the warehouse on Friday, so they'll be shipping orders out as fast as they can through this coming week.

Wait, did you send both the Soundtrack CD and Case Files out?
  • edited September 2008
    No, soundtracks still aren't shipping.
  • edited September 2008
    I hope there will be another pin, I'm proud to wear it on my work waistcoat :D
    (but my coworkers told me "what a funny raving rabbids pin you got" :()
  • edited September 2008
    I Bought The Case File And Season2 Disk On Aug.18 And It Sep14 How Long Is It Going To Take Ive Almost Been Waiting For a Month
  • edited September 2008
    Dash383535 wrote: »
    I Bought The Case File And Season2 Disk On Aug.18 And It Sep14 How Long Is It Going To Take Ive Almost Been Waiting For a Month

July 23 for me, but since the begining it was known that it would take much time, just be patient... Tabacco just said it'll be soon shipping :)

(not for me... I bought the soundtrack with ^^)
  • edited September 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    No, soundtracks still aren't shipping.

Dang, any estimations of when they will ship?
  • edited September 2008
    Dash383535 wrote: »

It's not like they've had them in stock and didn't send them to you, it was more like a fully paid pre-order. Sounds like they'll be shipping soon, so just have a little more patience. I've waited about a year before for some items I've pre-ordered (not goods from Telltale of course).
  • edited September 2008
    Also, out of curiousity.. do we have any idea how the warehouse is going to ship these if you've ordered the set of all three? Will the poster be shipped separate from the case file & soundtrack? I'm just worried they'll do something stupid and try to stuff the poster prints in the same box and damage them in the process..
  • edited September 2008
    They should put the rolled poster in a tube, then put the tube in the box with everything else.
  • edited September 2008
    Man,

Strong bad release yesterday. Got my season two disc today. Life's good!

I was kinda worried for a while. Amazon blacklisted the South African Post Office a while back due to issues with reliability...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.