• edited July 2008
    so how long till Casefile now?
    is it ready yet? no
    is it ready yet? no
    is it ready yet? no!
    is it ready yet? NO!!!!!
  • edited July 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Well, there is still the one per customer (regardless if they bought a season subscription) idea too.

People still get around those things though. I went to Target once to pick up a game. It was on a Sunday, right when the store opened. People were running to the toy isles to get a Tickle me Elmo. I went back to electronics got my game and was headed to the front to leave. Well it ended up that Target had kept all of the tickle me's up at guest service up at the front of the store, and people were made to line up "one doll per customer only".

A family that I had saw arriving at the store the same time as me, were up at the counter with their kid. The guy bought his pretending not to know the other two. The lady bought one, and demanded one for the kid as it was her "niece" and she was using her own money. So they ended up with three. The guy was waiting outside for them laughing about all the $$$ they were gonna make on Ebay as they walked off to their car.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, this is an online store and would work a lot different. It would create a bigger hastle as someone would need to create multiple accounts and have each casefile shipped seperatly.
  • edited July 2008
    is there any chance the dvd extras will get on itunes as a pod casts? that was cool for season one
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Well, Emily...if you're not going to make and distribute them...and we *want* them....

Oh, I'm not blaming you for buying it. If it's worth $50 to you, then I'm glad you got what you wanted. :D

The case files are extremely time-consuming projects when you consider that they make us virtually no money, which is why they're limited runs. We sell them for almost exactly what it costs to manufacture them, and we assemble them in our free time outside of work. So I'm sure you guys can understand why it bothers me to think that they might be snatched up by someone planning to horde them until they're sold out and make a quick profit on eBay later on. That's really not what they were intended for (and I can't speak for the others involved, but if it does become a trend, it would probably make me less motivated to do another case file in the future).
  • edited July 2008
    We had to watch The Wizard to get the first one done! The Wizard! And on VHS, too.
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    We had to watch The Wizard to get the first one done! The Wizard! And on VHS, too.

That alone almost makes me wish I had bought a case file...the absolute hardships you went through just tears at the heartstrings...

On a more serious note, I have no real interest in the case files...the dvd and soundtrack however are extremely interesting, and are what Im waiting for...I really do hope they arrive shortly...as does everyone else...
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »

LOL, adorable little Fred Savage. I was telling some teenagers the other week (who all have PS3/Xbox360/Wii's) about that movie and how it was doing such good things to promote Nintendo's PowerGlove... which they'd never even heard of :)
  • edited July 2008
    Molokov, just wait until War Game's 25th Anniversery DVD comes out. :D You can then point out that Matthew Brodrik hasn't changed in apperance since the 80s.
  • edited July 2008
    Actually, it was promoting Super Mario Brothers 3 more than anything. The power glove was made and sold by Mattel, by the way :)
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    So I'm sure you guys can understand why it bothers me to think that they might be snatched up by someone planning to horde them until they're sold out and make a quick profit on eBay later on. That's really not what they were intended for (and I can't speak for the others involved, but if it does become a trend, it would probably make me less motivated to do another case file in the future).

I daresay that the people who would resell their casefile are a very small minority (and they would have to be, because if a ton of people were selling them on eBay prices would go down and it wouldn't be worth the effort).
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah, believe me, the profiteers are an almost too tiny minority. =p

And it wasn't like the only one to go up resulted in a bidding war. $50 was the minimum price, I put in $55 as my maximum bid. I was the first and last bidder, the thing didn't go up a cent. xP

So, I really doubt a lot of profit is to be made by most people in this way. I mean, there are very few people as stupid as me, apparently. =p
  • edited July 2008
    Jutia wrote: »
    Will Season 2 be released at retail.

We don't really have anything to announce about that right now. If you buy the downloads from our site, you'll also get the disc for the cost of shipping, though.
  • edited July 2008
    azza29 wrote: »
    I daresay that the people who would resell their casefile are a very small minority (...).
    this might have been true for last season, but now that people have seen for how much you could sell one on ebay probably every second person considered buying more than one.
    i did too, but i came to the conclusion that a) the price on ebay for a season 2 file probably won't be as high, 'cause there will be a few more on ebay, and b) i would definitely feel bad about it. i would be wasting some telltale employees time just to make a little profit. this is not only egoistic and greedy, but also might prevent telltale from making a case file for season 3 and that can't be worth fifthy bucks on ebay...
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    this might have been true for last season, but now that people have seen for how much you could sell one on ebay probably every second person considered buying more than one.
    I can proudly say I won't be one of those people. Hell, I don't even have an eBay account.
  • edited July 2008
    I have an ebay account but have never used it for anything. Come to think of it, why'd I go and make one of those?
  • edited July 2008
    cuz ebay rules!
  • edited July 2008
    Just wondering why I cant select Paypal as a payment method for shipping the Season 2 DVD? It's there but it cant be selected.
  • edited July 2008
    That's temporary... We discovered very late last night that Paypal doesn't like getting handed a $0 order with only shipping costs, so I temporarily disabled it for $0 orders. We'll be working to fix that today.
  • edited July 2008
    Are the wallpapers on the disc new?
  • edited July 2008
    Yep!
  • edited July 2008
    Oh man, I tried to order and firefox CRASHED as I was waiting for paypal to load the confirmation screen.. NOOOOOOoooo

Ahem, I'll have to do it again I suppose, here's hoping it didn't actually go through and thus will charge me twice aye? I've checked and paypal is saying no, but I don't trust this here internets heh.

The postage charges amuse and astound me. $12 for shipping is relatively resonable but fed ex make me laugh, $75 to ship a dvd!? what are those guys ON!? hahahahaha.

The case file looks fun as always, gotta get me one!
  • edited July 2008
    It looks like your order didn't go through on our side, and I don't see any money from you in Paypal. You should be able to double check in your own paypal account, though.

And yeah, FedEx is comically expensive internationally :)
  • edited July 2008
    Fedex are like.. a joke unto themselves. I mean, what sane person would ever use them? hahaha, they amuse me so.

placed the order again and it went through so yay! £10 for a casefile and the season 2 dvd strikes me as more than reasonable, even if over half of that was shipping, lol. Gotta love when that happens heh.

Speaking of which, you know thanks to my pc failing on me several months ago I STILL haven't played any of season 2 from 203 onwards. I'll have to remedy that asap, heh. I feel so deprived! Thankfully, windows is back and rearing for some S&M action whooooo.
  • edited July 2008
    brilliant!
    i ordered the free DVD and case file (as im sure everyone else has done too). And Im with monkfish, definitely a very reasonable price for the two.

one question, for the soundtrack, are you planning on putting up a few MP3 samples like you did with the S1 soundtrack?

great job guys!
  • edited July 2008
    We already did! :)

A series of them were released in blogs, but we'll also be adding a track listing to the store page sometime today.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Get some MP3 samples here.
  • edited July 2008
    Jipieee, looking forward for the DVD. :O)
  • edited July 2008
    Can the game be installed on every computer without Internet connection or do you have to logon into your account if you install from DVD?
  • edited July 2008
    Well shipping to germany is also quite affordable.. "Shipping + Free DVD + Casefile + Taxes" only amounts for 12.87€

Could be because of the weak dollar though...

I'm really looking forward to the DVD :)
  • edited July 2008
    And the drawing from Steve looks great. I love the colours. :O)
  • edited July 2008
    Does the new case file fit in the manual slot (manual slot = the place where most games put their manual) of the DVD case?
    Last season's case file fit perfectly in the DVD case, and that's where I put it for safe keeping.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    JayJay wrote: »
    Can the game be installed on every computer without Internet connection or do you have to logon into your account if you install from DVD?

You can play it on any computer so long as you have the disk in the drive.
    dg10050 wrote: »
    Does the new case file fit in the manual slot (manual slot = the place where most games put their manual) of the DVD case?
    Last season's case file fit perfectly in the DVD case, and that's where I put it for safe keeping.

I don't have all of the items here to check, but it *should* be the same size as last year.
  • edited July 2008
    It should also probably be thinner too, since the thickest item in the concept art looks to be the Christmas Single.
  • edited July 2008
    We're using the same envelopes as last year, and it should indeed be a little thinner, so you shouldn't have any problems fitting it in the case.
  • edited July 2008
    Oh, that's good! When I put my envelope in my DVD case, I noticed that it made the case bulge a bit where there weren't any clampy...things. This is really good to know! :)
  • edited July 2008
    To bad that I can't buy the Sam & Max Season 2 Collector's Edition DVD that will be released in August through Telltale Games webstore....:(

Wish it would be released worldwide soon....please Telltale Games make
    it possible. I love Sam & Max adventures!
  • edited July 2008
    Chris23 wrote: »
    To bad that I can't buy the Sam & Max Season 2 Collector's Edition DVD that will be released in August through Telltale Games webstore....:(

Wish it would be released worldwide soon....please Telltale Games make
    it possible. I love Sam & Max adventures!

The one in the Telltale store will never be sold anywhere else.
    A different retail version that I'm sure will come out in the future will be the one in shops.
  • edited July 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    The one in the Telltale store will never be sold anywhere else.
    A different retail version that I'm sure will come out in the future will be the one in shops.

okey...why release two different retail versions?
  • edited July 2008
    The telltale version isn't really a retail version.
    The same thing happened with Season One. Notice the difference between the Season One disc in the online store and the ones in retail shops? They'll both contain the games, but the other content will be different.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.