Season Two DVD, Soundtrack, Case File

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Doug shuffled all the cards by hand. The degree of sloppiness is unknown.
  • edited November 2008
    There are likely clumps of cards, when pulling envelopes from the boxes sequentially. Shuffling thousands of pieces of cardstock to pure randomness isn't as easy as you think :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Sorry to hear you got the same one three times though. That's sort of lame. :(

(I also attempted to mix the cards up in the ones I stuffed, but am not sure how good a job I did of it...)
  • edited November 2008
    I really hope mine comes by the end of this week.

Where in the states does the stuff ship from?
  • edited November 2008
    About an hour's drive north of our office! Healdsburg, California, if you want the specifics.
  • edited November 2008
    hmm ok ill just buy 10 more then :P see what that does
    hope there are enough left hehe
  • edited November 2008
    so...did the time cards become trading cards, eh? :D
  • edited November 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    so...did the time cards become trading cards, eh? :D

Seems that way. :p
  • edited November 2008
    I had an order with the soundtrack that shipped 17 days ago. Expecting it any day now, the wait is making me a sad panda.
  • edited November 2008
    on that one I can safely say.. blame canada post! nothing ever gets here or there fast.. sits on the border for a week sometimes. Hope you get it soon... no worries it will come!
  • edited November 2008
    Heh, My Sam timecard is especially rare and awesome now that it's COVERED IN MY BLOOD! yay!
  • edited November 2008
    what do you mean by "covered"? like a few drops or more like "texas chainsaw massacre"?
  • edited November 2008
    The Sam Timecard cut purple's finger pretty deep when it was removed from the envelope. It feels appropriate, in my opinion.
  • edited November 2008
    Yes! I got my stuff yesterday. The casefile is full of greatness!
  • edited November 2008
    It DID! Ok, by covered I more mean smeared... not a few drops, more a few smears of lovely sticky grossness hehehehe. My poor finger.
    Typical really, I'm surprised I didn't stab myself with the pin from season 1 lol. I'm THAT clumsy.
    Ahh well, maybe the blood makes it collectable, yeah... <_< >_>

Btw, cheers tt for the refund on the miscalculated tax!
  • edited November 2008
    so, i received my stuff on saturday and wrote a huge post about it...but the forum though it took me to long and ate it. so, i guess you'll never know how awesome it is.
    i got the soda poppers time card with my case file...this is probably the most rarest kind...i am totally sure it is. right? riiiight?
    anyways, my shipment was packed in a real box, with newpaper paper and such stuffed inside. this was probably because the tube with the print wouldn't fit into an envelope. that thing is huge. i should check the size, before i order something...on the other hand that would have made no difference.
    edited November 2008
    Moved jisi's shipping discussion and inquiries here.
  • edited November 2008
    It's been more than a week my pack is stuck at the customs... I sent them my invoice, they told me it was ok, and now... nothing. God I love the customs. ^^
  • edited November 2008
    yeah, i know what you mean...they also had my package held hostage, but opened it up to get the invoice. the funniest think was, that it seemed as if they didn't know what a dvd or videogame is and charged me for everything as "music cds"...okay, the case file contains a cd, so thats cool, but the posterprint?
  • edited November 2008
    WisP> that's just plain demented. I mean woah. That said, I've been charged for "cds" when buying clothes which is just as bizzare. Maybe customs just pull a number out of thin air.
  • edited November 2008
    Sounds like it to me. I'm lucky I don't have to pay customs for my imported CDs from Japan. Just the international bank exchange fee.
  • edited November 2008
    I finally got it... 15$ extra charge, expansive for just an enveloppe, two dvd box and a poster print, but well... I'm very happy to have it, the case file is excellent :)
    Right now I'm listening the soundtrack... I just love "Twilight Eternal" from What's New Beelzebub, so close from a Curse of Monkey Island soundtrack sequel :)

And the quality of the poster print is incredibly great, I must buy a frame now...
    edited November 2008
    Glad you're enjoying it!
  • edited December 2008
    Thank you Telltale, now i have it (Season 2 soundtrack, DVD, case file) in my bookcase, here in Slovakia. :) http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6996/imga0090fr4.jpg
  • edited December 2008
    My Casefile arrived today with the rest of my order.
    But I have one question: Soes the hidden track on the Friendly Demon Song-EP have a name?

Oh. And what are "Knoblauch-Zeheretten"? (Jürgens invitation)
    I guess it shoulb be "Knoblauch-Zigaretten"
  • edited December 2008
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Oh. And what are "Knoblauch-Zeheretten"? (Jürgens invitation)
    I guess it shoulb be "Knoblauch-Zigaretten"

That was actually my idea... they needed a translation for the flyer and Jake asked me for help. When it came to "garlic clove cigarettes", which would've been "Knoblauchzehe-Zigaretten", it didn't really sound too good. And I didn't want to reduce it to "Knoblauch-Zigaretten", which would just have been "garlic cigarettes". So by taking the freedom of introducing some German idioms (or maybe just dirty pronounciation), I thought of turning "Zigaretten" into "Zeheretten"... a new product!

The German part of the flyer still contains some minor errors, but I'm pretty sure they weren't my fault ;-)
  • edited December 2008
    That was actually my idea... they needed a translation for the flyer and Jake asked me for help. When it came to "garlic clove cigarettes", which would've been "Knoblauchzehe-Zigaretten", it didn't really sound too good. And I didn't want to reduce it to "Knoblauch-Zigaretten", which would just have been "garlic cigarettes". So by taking the freedom of introducing some German idioms (or maybe just dirty pronounciation), I thought of turning "Zigaretten" into "Zeheretten"... a new product!

The German part of the flyer still contains some minor errors, but I'm pretty sure they weren't my fault ;-)

I know we changed 'uber-party' to 'super-party' to fulfill a company in-joke, if that's what you mean :)
  • edited December 2008
    hmm, but super-party isn't actually wrong. i would say, that super is more common than über. i think, there was something else...
  • edited December 2008
    hmm, but super-party isn't actually wrong. i would say, that super is more common than über. i think, there was something else...

I think it was one wrong comma in the text, and (a little bigger) the hyphenation or something on the main slogan... I'm at my parents' place right now, so I can't check my case file...
  • edited January 2009
    Someone would tell me what really is the evidence that comes in "Sam & Max Season Two Case File"?
  • edited January 2009
    i think it was already mentioned a few times, but i am to lazy to look for it, so..

the case file contains one item from every season two episode. there is a mini-cd with the demon song, a "tini tiki" coaster, a rave flyer (which seems to have been translated by laserschwert), a random time card (there is a total of six or so cards) and a soul train token. also, all this is hand stuffed into an vanilla envelope with a sam & max seal and date stamped onto it. the quality of the items is really good considered the price. so, if you like these small thingies that came with games back in the golden days, then you should definitely get the case file...end of advertisment.
  • edited January 2009
    also, all this is hand stuffed into an vanilla envelope with a sam & max seal and date stamped onto it.
    The real reason the case files are always such a low production run and are hard to come by is because we use envelopes made only from real vanilla.
  • edited January 2009
    Chuck wrote: »
    The real reason the case files are always such a low production run and are hard to come by is because we use envelopes made only from real vanilla.

Delicious!:p
    edited January 2009
    Jared Emerson-Johnson did an interview with game music site "Original Sound Version", talking about the work he did on the Season Two sountrack, inspiration behind some of the tunes, etc. Worth checking out if you're a fan of Telltale music!
  • edited January 2009
    Great interview, thanks for pointing it out!
  • edited January 2009
    Woo, more liner notes! :D Thanks, Jake.

While I'm thinking of it, I also enjoyed the GameZone article from a couple months back. I never would have guessed Jared had the live musicians record separately, although the "why" of it makes sense. Can't argue with the results, of course. ^^
    edited January 2009
    Woo, more liner notes! :D Thanks, Jake.

While I'm thinking of it, I also enjoyed the GameZone article from a couple months back. I never would have guessed Jared had the live musicians record separately, although the "why" of it makes sense. Can't argue with the results, of course. ^^

Yeah, since at least half of the musicians record two or more instruments for the each song, they'd have to go separately.* It also makes it easier to mix since you have everyone on their own track, and it makes it more acceptable for there to be a mistake when recording, since if one musician is playing alone and screws up, they just need to re-do that one part, but if that screw-up happened when everyone was in the same room, the whole recording would be lost. (Also more group rehearsals would be needed.)

* That said, I'd love to see a recording where someone was successfully playing a saxophone and clarinet simultaneously.
  • edited January 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    Yeah, since at least half of the musicians record two or more instruments for the each song, they'd have to go separately.* It also makes it easier to mix since you have everyone on their own track, and it makes it more acceptable for there to be a mistake when recording, since if one musician is playing alone and screws up, they just need to re-do that one part, but if that screw-up happened when everyone was in the same room, the whole recording would be lost. (Also more group rehearsals would be needed.)

* That said, I'd love to see a recording where someone was successfully playing a saxophone and clarinet simultaneously.

Isn't that what nostrils were designed for...?:confused:

:p
  • edited January 2009
    Thank you Mr. Jake, for that link! Now that I've read a few of Mr. Emerson-Johnson's interviews, I'm really noticing how his comments have that Art Professor quality to them. Not that he's stuffy or pretentious, it's just it reminds me of that whiff of Academia you get when you read an article in an art magazine written by someone from a university. It's the choice of adjectives mostly, I think. Then I realized I was critiquing the writing of a composer. Music types aren't supposed to be good at communicating! That's why they get into music! Mr. Emerson-Johnson should stop being good at everything all the time. Or at least try to limit his talent so he's only good at everything on business days, and talented at just one thing for holidays and weekends. Come on, Emerson-Johnson, you're making the rest of us look bad!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.