Season Two DVD, Soundtrack, Case File

Comments

• edited October 2008
    5 weeks? that couldnt have been all shipping time could it?

Ive waiting weeks until something got in stock then poof..
    Still waiting, its been weeks too :P
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Got mine today, shipped on Sept. 23. That means more than five weeks, not something I would call 'quick', especially considering the 15 $ it cost me.

Blame the postal service for that. Once the item ships, how long it takes to arrive is completely out of our control.
    Ive waiting weeks until something got in stock then poof..
    Still waiting, its been weeks too

Soundtrack preorders with posters are the last ones to go out - the warehouse ran out of rolled posters and had to take time to roll some more. They've told us that the rest of the preorders will ship by the end of the week. Thanks for your patience! :)
  • edited October 2008
    aww...fate struck again. i will be the last one to receive the season two stuff, because i ordered a poster that has to be rolled....buhuu...i am so sad. can't you like...i don't know...send jake over there with some poster rolls?:D
    no, just kiddin...i can wait a few more weeks.

anyways..you're talking about digital tracks on the soundtrack all the time...it's a cd, right? shouldn't all tracks be digital?
    just so i understand it correctly: the soundtrack consists of two cds of which one or both have a data track and the data on this track(s) contains some songs that didn't fit onto there as cd audio tracks...like as compressed audio files??
    did the first soundtrack have data tracks as well?
  • edited October 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    anyways..you're talking about digital tracks on the soundtrack all the time...it's a cd, right? shouldn't all tracks be digital?
    just so i understand it correctly: the soundtrack consists of two cds of which one or both have a data track and the data on this track(s) contains some songs that didn't fit onto there as cd audio tracks...like as compressed audio files??
    did the first soundtrack have data tracks as well?

In this day and age of MP3s and M4V and other file formats that can be easily transfered from one media to another, some retailers are taking advantage of it and supplying digital copies of certain media for those tech-savy consumers who are just going to rip the copy and put it on their iPod anyway.

That's what the digital tracks are on the CD: music tracks in MP3 form stored on a data partition of the CD.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    wisp, you are correct.

* Disc one has the environment music from episodes 201-203 as regular old audio CD data.

* Disc two has the environment music from episodes 204 and 205 on the audio track, and also has a data track which includes the cutscene suites from each episode, as 256k MP3s, as well as a few extra tracks including some of the custom-scored music from some of the season two trailers, and some season two variants on old season one tracks (eg the street and office music, but with new instrumental solos).
  • edited October 2008
    ohh...i am correct. that is quite fortunate. seems like the new soundtrack has more music for the same price..or maybe the same amount of music plus some bonus content. anyway, it's probably even better than the first one.
    furthermore, it seems you did a great job restocking those rolled posters, since my order of season two goodies was sent yesterday...or at least i received the shipping notice then. so, i will get it soon..what makes me quite happy. the best thing is, that it's already paid and i don't have to worry about the money.
    edited October 2008
    Its almost an hour more music than last years.

Like most of Season Two, even though there were fewer episodes in total, we did a lot more with each episode :)
  • edited October 2008
    I love mine! I just got my stuffs in the mail, sadly mine was opened on one side so its not going to be my collectors piece.. ordering another oneeee soooon!
  • edited October 2008
    I'm going through my Season 2 swag right now. Just finished listening to the soundtrack and is about to watch the DVD, but something odd happened when I opened it.

A very pungent smell exploded out of the DVD case as soon as I broke the plastic seal and opened it up. It was coming from the Flint Paper insert. Now, this wasn't the smell of freshly printed paint, which I know the smell of oh-so-well. (You kind of get used to it when you're in an art school.)

It took me a while to figure it out, but it smells like whisky. I don't think that's suppose to happen, but I thought I'd report it.

*goes back to enjoying his Season 2 swag*
    edited October 2008
    You win the whiskey prize! Flint Paper will visit you tonight in your dreams.
  • edited October 2008
    Just got my stuff today. It's a great Halloween present. :)
    Currently listening to the Friendly Demon "record". I'll listen to the soundtrack next.
  • edited November 2008
    I got Momma Bosco's Time Card. Don't know if I like the idea of going back to the Kennedy era since I do have a great-grandmother on one of my parent's side with the last name of Castro...
    Jake wrote: »
    You win the whiskey prize! Flint Paper will visit you tonight in your dreams.
    So that's why it felt like my soul was leaving my body and I was sore around the neck and face area! I thought it was because I slept on my stomache, which I normally don't do. I wonder if this is because I didn't give out candy last night, and Flint considered that low-life behavior...
  • edited November 2008
    so...the flint paper cover for season 2 smells like whiskey...and from jake's comments i assume that this is on purpose. this is so awesome...and also hilarious. i wonder how it was done. either the printshop offers paper in different smells and flavours or....the telltale crew bought a crate of cheap booze at the local liquor store and somehow...
    edited November 2008
    I wish it was on purpose! That would be pretty epic. All I meant to imply was that since he got one which by some freak shipping accident mysteriously smells of whiskey, he wins a prize.
  • edited November 2008
    I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to smell like whiskey. Mine doesn't.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see Jake's post.
  • edited November 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    so...the flint paper cover for season 2 smells like whiskey...and from jake's comments i assume that this is on purpose. this is so awesome...and also hilarious. i wonder how it was done. either the printshop offers paper in different smells and flavours or....the telltale crew bought a crate of cheap booze at the local liquor store and somehow...
    I wish it was on purpose! That would be pretty epic. All I meant to imply was that since he got one which by some freak shipping accident mysteriously smells of whiskey, he wins a prize.

I figured as much. :p However, I do know that it is possible to "scent" paper inserts. When I got Tim Burton's Charlie & The Chocolate Factory DVD last Christmas, the whole case smelled of chocolate powder, with the source being the DVD chapter index insert. It still smells of chocolate even now.
  • edited November 2008
    yeah...it was to good to be true. i still like the idea though. unfortunately the smell is nothing that will last forever, but still...jake, maybe you wanna keep that in mind for season three...or strong bad goodies.;)
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008

You know, one morning I woke up at work not knowing where I was. There was a bottle of booze on my desk and a box of S2 DVDs next to it...

All of the pieces of that night are slowly coming together.
  • edited November 2008
    Yay! Got my stuff in the mail yesterday. Great stuff! :)
    Cool tiny case file cd. :D I tried to slow it down, play it backwards etc. , but... what the hidden song about?!
  • edited November 2008
    Got my CD and case file yesterday as well, it took about 10 days for transatlantic delivery, not bad. I think that so far I actually like the Office rearrangement the best :cool:
  • edited November 2008
    Yay! Got my stuff in the mail yesterday. Great stuff! :)
    Cool tiny case file cd. :D I tried to slow it down, play it backwards etc. , but... what the hidden song about?!
    I *still* don't know! I've been messing around with that track for days!
  • edited November 2008
    Happy day! Got my Sam & Max: Season 2 package today - some pictures here. Strangely, the stuff came in an envelope rather than in a box. Oh well. As long as I have my Season 2 game disc, soundtrack and the case file, I'm happy.

I also tried playing the demonic message backwards, but it got me nowhere. Haha. What did you guys do to mess this up? And does the punch card contain any information or should I just stop trying to figure out how to decode the damn thing? I tried decoding both the 1D and 2D code, but no luck so far. Has anyone messed around with that?

P.S. - Scratch the punch card question. I see that Pidgeot figured it out already -> CLICK
  • edited November 2008
    Ok, I think I have figured out the demon message. The reason why it sounds so weird [effects aside] even if you reverse it, is probably because the words were written down backwards and then read alound and recorded. So it's not simply reversed speech, thus making it sound weird no matter how you listen to it. It's just like the Twin Peaks midget talk, with tons of effects distorting the speech further.

Anyways, the words spoken in the message come from Omen - Ave Satani. Sanguis bibimus, corpus edimus. That's latin for drink blood, eat flesh.

So ... Did I get it right? What do I win? Do I win anything?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Strangely, the stuff came in an envelope rather than in a box.

We've switched to a new fulfillment center, and they tend to pack stuff smartly rather than just throwing it all into a huge box with no padding. Everything I've seen from them has been carefully wrapped with bubble wrap, etc - hopefully that was the case with your envelope! (Also that white customs slip is what you get if you do postage electronically rather than manually. It shouldn't make any difference to customs if the slip is white or green, the info is the same. :)) Nice pictures and write-up, by the way!
    How many different case file time cards are there?

There are six time cards altogether. The Beginning of Time card is not one of them...
  • edited November 2008
    I got it all today!!!!!!!! (In Australia) and it is worth the wait, the musics great, the dvds free and the case file is AWESOME!!!!

THANK YOU TO ALL TELLTALE!!!!!! YOU ROCK!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, in the soundtrack the audio quality is ASTONISHINGLY GOOD!!! Instrument's you never even heard in the free tracks spring into life!
  • edited November 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    There are six time cards altogether. The Beginning of Time card is not one of them...
    ...but i suppose that some of these aka. blank ones exist. right? you surely got some unprinted samples. the vast power the telltale office now holds...maybe.
  • edited November 2008
    Received the package from Telltale today, and I have to say - this is some great stuff. :D Loved the case file, and I'm listening to the soundtrack as we speak. Sadly one of those thingies which holds the cd in place within the cover seemed damaged on the soundtrack, which may have been caused by the fact that it didn't seem too protected within the parcel, but luckily the cd doesn't fall out anyhow, so no harm done. :D Thanks for the awesome stuff, Telltale, it is highly appreciated!
  • edited November 2008
    this stuff is awesome, unfortunately my coaster has ink on one side that i dont think should be there, but the rest is awesome
  • edited November 2008
    My big box of stuff arrived today. I had to kick a nasty infection out of my pc before it would play the soundtrack, but it seems all is well now. Great stuff, for sure. The box did mention a return address in Sweden if that's still relevant.
  • edited November 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    My big box of stuff arrived today. I had to kick a nasty infection out of my pc before it would play the soundtrack, but it seems all is well now. Great stuff, for sure. The box did mention a return address in Sweden if that's still relevant.

i had a label from sweden too, and big box isn't at all joking
  • edited November 2008
    Pure brilliance! The poster is much larger than I thought it was, and I can't wait to get it up on my wall. Case file is great, especially... well, I started to list my favourites here but I ended up naming all five things; I got the Superball time card, by the way. The soundtrack is top notch quality, although sadly some of the plastic CD holders have already come off like on the first soundtrack. Not to worry, all the tracks are burnt to my PC. I have yet to properly watch any DVD content (just about to!), however I did notice a certain someone at the top of the forum credits. All in all, amazing merchandise as per usual.
    P.S. I'm in love with this new new fulfilment centre as I didn't get charged any customs.
  • edited November 2008
    Will the second season be released in Europe like the first one was?
    And if so, anyone know a date?
  • edited November 2008
    Bulbapuck wrote: »
    Will the second season be released in Europe like the first one was?
    And if so, anyone know a date?

we don't know neither do telltale/ they haven't been able to announce it yet.
  • edited November 2008
    I got it all today!!!!!!!! (In Australia) and it is worth the wait, the musics great, the dvds free and the case file is AWESOME!!!!

I am also in Australia but still didn't get mine yet.
  • edited November 2008
    Ditto, boltronics, but I did get a shipping notice last week, so it can't be long now! :)
  • edited November 2008
    I forgot to say, thanks so much for the inclusion of these awesome wallpapers. I've been needing some new hi-res Sam & Max for my screen, and these are perfect. I've got the 'boxing' one set at the moment, but there is plently to cycle through if I get bored of this. Worth it just for these!
  • edited November 2008
    boltronics wrote: »
    I am also in Australia but still didn't get mine yet.

Sorry to hear that, but a heads up, don't use iTunes to convert the songs to mP3, it just keeps skipping, I'm still trying to fix that
  • edited November 2008
    hmm i got 3 casefiles and all 2 of the cards were the same! wonder how many id have to buy to insure I get all the cards. Someone wanna guess ? Ill buy em out if I have to..

lol
  • edited November 2008
    Kaldire wrote: »
    hmm i got 3 casefiles and all 2 of the cards were the same! wonder how many id have to buy to insure I get all the cards. Someone wanna guess ?

Well, there's a 1 out of 6 chance, but since we do not know how the distribution company packaged the cards (perhaps they are getting rid of, say, all of Bosco's timecards first then Superball's, Max's, etc.), it is hard to say how many casefiles you need to buy before collecting all 6.

I have two Superball cards and willing to trade with anyone for anything different (except for a Max). My "wishlist" is Sam or The Sodapoppers.
  • edited November 2008
    im sure there is some sort of nerdy equation...for probability factor but then again there is that random variable factor darn you!

id think like 6 cards, 1 in 6 chance every package,
    50 packages could still net you 50 of the same card ahhh
    doh!

hehe
Sign in to comment in this discussion.