What Comes After(A Walking Dead Fan-Fic)

Comments

• Ha my "Mum and Dead" eh.

Kieran "Yea, when the bandits attacked first I was in a tree the whole time, I'm not up to scratch with this bow but I've used a rifle be

• Fixed lol xD

Ha my "Mum and Dead" eh.

• edited April 2014

(waits for Martin)

• Okay, so I think I posted about a month ago that I was going to do a version of this same story but on my own, following a vaguely different story than this one. But, because I want it to be more community based, I'm going to do it a little differently. I found a program called Twine that lets you create interactive stories, in fact, I found it through this other interactive story here. So, i'll do a couple short experiments, post them here, and if you guys think it's a good idea, then I'll continue it on another thread. Advice is welcomed once I start posted a few examples.

• Well, my first experiment with Twine is done. There is a link here(http://www.philome.la/Zyphon44/what-comes-after) if you want, but it doesn't go very far before simply ending. I'm going to learn a little bit more on how to use it properly before I continue(fonts, branching paths, etc).

Zyphon posted: »

Okay, so I think I posted about a month ago that I was going to do a version of this same story but on my own, following a vaguely different

• Lauren

"Good, when we get there after someone will scout the area you can go and pick a tree or vantage point that will be the best to shoot 'em down from." Lauren looks at the people in the RV, they can do it, they'll take down those bandits.

• Whoa... that looks amazing. I was thinking I might do the same thing with my own thread.

Well, my first experiment with Twine is done. There is a link here(http://www.philome.la/Zyphon44/what-comes-after) if you want, but it does

• Thanks, I just did a couple panels to get a feel for the program. You should check out the other guy's story that I linked to in the first comment, it was pretty great.

Whoa... that looks amazing. I was thinking I might do the same thing with my own thread.

• sORRY

(waits for Martin)

• Ivy

Ivy had three options. Give up, run, fight. Two of them were suicide - well, all three were suicide. One was delayed suicide.

This man clearly wasn't... intelligent. He hadn't checked her for her gun that she had shot (and hit) the bandits with twice now. She had to give up... but... maybe she could run. She tried to push herself u- Oh my god. The pain in her ribs was terrible. She couldn't run. No way.

"Fine. I'll... come with you, Can I... or you, bring the axe?" asked Ivy. She prayed the RV would find her soon.

• Paul

He smiled. "Sure, just give me your gun, and if you try and do anything other than that, then I'll blow your fucking brains out, deal?" Before waiting for a response, he let her up, his pistol still aimed right at her head.

• Ivy

She waited before giving her answer.

"Do you really think it's a bullet in the head i'm scared of...?"

• Paul

"Then I'll shoot you in the fucking gut and leave you to bleed. Damn kid, you're almost not worth the trouble. I know you're smart, just give me the fucking gun."

• ivy

"Shoot me then. I'm not giving you my gun."

• (Sorry I was gone for awhile but I'm back. Whats going on with my character right now?)

• Pretty sure Frankie was killed off... but I remember that whomever did it said that he'll bring you back if you show presence.

Glinda posted: »

(Sorry I was gone for awhile but I'm back. Whats going on with my character right now?)

• Okay, so I've worked a bit more with Twine and managed to create something longer with at least four branching paths. It's still only a couple passages long, but there's a lot more branching. It also isn't about What Comes After, I just did a story on whatever came to mind. Here it is, please give advice on if you like the branching paths, or if there should be less, or if you hate the idea entirely.

http://www.philome.la/Zyphon44/east-point

I'll expand on this one a bit more trying to use some more advanced techniques, and then I'll get to work on the "What Comes After" one.

• The person who controls Angel probably got bored of you not replying and killed you off, the person did say she'd bring her back if you started replying again and stuffs.

Glinda posted: »

(Sorry I was gone for awhile but I'm back. Whats going on with my character right now?)

• Ooh editing the last couple of post.

The person who controls Angel probably got bored of you not replying and killed you off, the person did say she'd bring her back if you started replying again and stuffs.

• Finished. You're alive again.

TWD_25 posted: »

Ooh editing the last couple of post.

• This is really awesome. I need to download this myself.

As far as advice, I really have nothing to say, because your work is on par with Telltale, IMHO.

Okay, so I've worked a bit more with Twine and managed to create something longer with at least four branching paths. It's still only a coup

• This is really good!

This is really awesome. I need to download this myself. As far as advice, I really have nothing to say, because your work is on par with Telltale, IMHO.

• Thank you so much! Sorry I should of told someone I would be gone for awhile

TWD_25 posted: »

Finished. You're alive again.

• Thanks! Although, I feel as if you may be looking a little too highly upon my "work"/"flailing around in a program I know nothing about".

This is really awesome. I need to download this myself. As far as advice, I really have nothing to say, because your work is on par with Telltale, IMHO.

• Paul

"For fuck's sake," He said quietly. He then quickly punched her in the side of the head, knocking her to the ground. Her searched her quickly, grabbing the gun and not finding anything else. He also grabbed the axe before she could get to it. She was starting to get up, and he grabbed her arm and roughly pulled her to her feet. He pulled her along to the jeep, ignoring Zeke's body on the ground. The little she-devil was going to get everything she deserved pretty soon...

• Daniel

Daniel had been walking for quite a while before stopping. He was lost, if he'd been going the right way, then he should've been back at the road a long time ago. Trying to think of a way to get his bearing, a gunshot rang out. They must have found Ivy, either that, or the others had caught up in the RV. He began running in the direction of the gunshot, hoping he wouldn't be too late.

• So just to be clear when will the RV peeps get there? When the bandits have found both Daniel & Ivy(I know they've got Ivy but Daniel is lost currently) or right now when Daniel is lost and Ivy is with the bandits?

• They'll get there once the bandits leave.

So just to be clear when will the RV peeps get there? When the bandits have found both Daniel & Ivy(I know they've got Ivy but Daniel is lost currently) or right now when Daniel is lost and Ivy is with the bandits?

• pls hurry ivy in trouble

So just to be clear when will the RV peeps get there? When the bandits have found both Daniel & Ivy(I know they've got Ivy but Daniel is lost currently) or right now when Daniel is lost and Ivy is with the bandits?

• edited April 2014

Ignore look at other one

They'll get there once the bandits leave.

• And so is Issac

pls hurry ivy in trouble

• yea but no one cares about isaac

And so is Issac

• Alt text

And so is Issac

• edited April 2014

His momma does...so yea! Plus what are you talking about who doesn't like that jester of a bandit. He may be part of a group that tends to rape, but hey tough times during the walking dead.

• edited April 2014

:( Miss the old days. The first few days when this was created people posted so much. This thread received like 1000 comments in a week. I didn't really contribute much but it was fun to read.

Will

"So... Do we have the plan? Are we ready? Because in a few minutes all hell is gonna break loose and we need to be prepared. We need a rendezvous point in case things go down, and a backup plan if things our plan fails." Will said

• I know, I really enjoy this thread. I'm also liking T1G's fanfic as well but not many people contribute there either. (Like 5 or 6 of us.)

Miss the old days. The first few days when this was created people posted so much. This thread received like 1000 comments in a week. I didn

• Yeah. Almost all the fan fics died. They all started out amazing but then slowly they wore down and drifted away into the depths of the forum threads.

I really enjoy fan fictions and I hope they could be continued. Thing is there isn't many people on the forum who like to write in them. Ah well.

Twistee posted: »

I know, I really enjoy this thread. I'm also liking T1G's fanfic as well but not many people contribute there either. (Like 5 or 6 of us.)

• About the latter, let's keep on reviving the thread, people need to see it since it's buried under a bunch of "Man Gigolo" links and other advertisment crap:

Lauren

"I'm ready. About the backup plan, I think that if things hit the fan, we'll just fall back to the RV as Kieran supports as from his position, if we won't be able to retreat, we'll need to regroup somewhere else, anything that has walls, and stand our ground, hopefully me and the people I'll go with will gape them and surprise them from behind with Daniel and Ivy. Remember that Han volunteered to scout the area before we go in, so wait for his signal.

I just met you guys and this is nuts, I'm no soldier, but I sure as hell will fight like one as long as I have a group by my side".

• edited April 2014

I hope things go better here... I LOVE this thread.

~Elisha~~

"Y'all sure as fuck know I'm ready. Also, I'd like to take one of 'em captive, so we can get some info. If shit goes too bad, don't worry about it. The noise will attract them." In a quiet voice, he said, "The walkers too."

Mason

"Ah, fuck," Mason groaned softly as he lost another game of poker. He wasn't much inclined to losing; he preferred to win. He put the cards down and got away from the table. He would end up fighting Ryan again. As he got up, he heard something moving in the bushes. He grabbed his pistol and whistled the bandit's special signal. The rest got their weapons out. "Who's there?" He asked.

• I think this thread will pick up once the battle starts, its kind of hard to do anything for the majority since we are all in the RV and basically have everything planned out so we have to wait for the cue to start the battle.

Miss the old days. The first few days when this was created people posted so much. This thread received like 1000 comments in a week. I didn

Sign in to comment in this discussion.