Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• I love Ikea even though it's annoying to shop there and put together its furniture, lol
    LupineNoir posted: »

Lovely to read, smooth and precise. I agree with what everyone else had said, and I also enjoyed the Ikea reference, for whatever reason.

• Just stopped by to say going to Spain for week tomorrow but can't wait to get back and read the rest of the stories Dragon and your own epic tales see ya bro and users

^_^ All of you do me too much honor!

• Have fun! Bring me a mental souvenir!
    Markd4547 posted: »

Just stopped by to say going to Spain for week tomorrow but can't wait to get back and read the rest of the stories Dragon and your own epic tales see ya bro and users

• edited May 2014
    Part 10 Lyla Smith

"Forever"

Lyla sat on Gren's couch, eating at the chicken Chow Mein. Since she arrived, it had been a wonderful visit. They sat and while waiting for their food, they shared stories and talked about people they both knew; Gren and Lyla were very interested in hearing stories about their family and friends. Then he brought up Georgie. At first it was mere conversation about his club. Gren wanted to know the reason behind her employment and she explained it was nothing more than an escape from the business office. But when he brought up his character and how her father should take him away to the farm, Lyla was no longer interested in this conversation. She placed the remaining chow mein on the table and went for her things. Gren did not know what he did and walked after her.

"What is it? I thought we were having a good time?"

"Yeah. We were. I really should be going now. Thank you for the food. I will be seeing you around."

She couldn't be around Gren right now; yes, Georgie WAS an inconsiderate man that never took the time to appreciate anything and always mistreated those he worked with and even 'loved' She understood everyone's frustrations and even had some of her own. But Georgie was like all of the other Fables she came across over the years-lost, confused, hurt and willing to do anything to stay alive in this shit hole city. Even something as far as sell your soul to the Devil and own the club that sent many into debt and even their deaths. Lyla picked up her books and headed for the door. Gren stepped in front of her and shoved the door shut again. Lyla tried reaching around to grab the door knob but Gren placed his hand around it. Now she was getting angry.

"Gren! Please! I NEED to go home now!"

"Why is it every time I bring up that fucker's name, you get mad and defend him? I thought you didn't care about that piece of shit!"

Lyl was stunned by his remarks; somewhere deep down inside, a part of her did not give a shit about Georgie; she wouldn't care if she got the call tomorrow that he was found dead in his club or his headless body dumped somewhere in the woods. Then there was the larger part, her heart, that felt completely different. Lyla cared....she loved Georgie....

"You don't even know him! He's not like that!"

"Know him? I don't have to KNOW Georgie to see what kind of person he is! That asshole did not even to go Lilly OR Faith's funeral! Huh? Did he tell you about those girls? I'm sure your dad and the sheriff mentioned it! They just love talking about things like that! Are you forgetting how he treats people? For heaven sake, he MADE you work for him!"

"HE SAVED ME, GREN!!! He saved me and took a chance! He got hurt badly and I thought he wasn't going to make it-"

"Pfft. Damn shame...the fucker didn't die. Would have made things so much better...."

Lyla tossed her books at Gren. She had enough of people's remarks in the last couple of days. Within seconds, she was now in the form of a wolf; her mouth foaming and her heart racing. Suddenly, Gren took into his true form and towered over Lyla. The giant Grendel was inches from Lyla.

"Lyla, we don't have to do this...."

Lyla charged at Gren and the two began fighting on the floor. Grendel picked Lyla up and tossed her across the room. She ended up stuck to the cabinets; she picked up a glass shard and charged at him. She swung, nearly missing Gren's neck. Instead, she nicked his eye and stumbled to the ground. Lyla growled and took a giant leap into the air and landed on his back. He buried her jaws into his shoulder. Gren reached over and grabbed Lyla by the scruff of her neck. Her jaws stayed intact and as Gren continued to pull, she took her claws and dug them deep into his thigh. Gren bellowed out and turned away from Lyla. She had the awful taste of his blood in her mouth, Grendel blood was never pleasant to wolves. Gren turned around and charged at Lyla again, pinning her into the wall. The two beasts stared into each other's eyes. Lyla continued to growl. Gren wanted to take a large chunk out of her throat; watch her die and drown before his eyes in her own blood. But he backed up. He couldn't do it...he couldn't hurt her.....He slowly changed back into his human form. Lyla slowly turned back as well.

"Go, Lyla. Just, go....get out of here...."

Lyla grabbed her books and stormed out of the apartment complex. As she ran down the stairs, she heard Gren yell back at her.

"FINE! Go, Lyla! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!! Go....go back to him...."

Lyla left the building and headed towards the Pudding & Pie.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Georgie sat alone at the bar, a glass of liquor in his hand. He was currently on his 5th glass. He didn't care; the club had been closed since he let her go. Lyla never called him back but why should she? Georgie knew his place in the Fable community. When Vivian returned with news of her and that barfly together, he already knew his fate. She was surprised and disappointed in his reaction. She was expecting fireworks and Georgie tossing a few glass around and destroying half of the club. He just sat there....this intense feeling he had for Lyla was too strong for him to ignore. It was something he had not felt in a long time and he was enjoying this sensation, even if her feelings towards him were not the same. He finished is beverage and starred at the bartender, a young man in his early twenties with long black hair, goatee and mustache combination. He always wore a white tank top, black shorts and green high top converses.

"What is wrong, boss?"

"Henry, can I ask you something personal...."

"Sure, Georgie. What is on your mind?"

Henry grabbed a bottle of wine and took a seat next to Georgie. He offered him some but Georgie refused. Henry pressed the bottle to his lips and took a swig.

"Henry, am I that bad? I...I..I only did this to pay down debt. I got so caught up in the world of drugs, sex and money that this strange darkness crept over and burrowed inside of me. For fuck sake! I mean, do you fucking see what I have become?"

Henry had been with Georgie since he was 17. Henry's 'father' kicked him out after highschool. His mother had an affair years ago, which led to the conception of Henry. David was stationed overseas during this time; his mother slept with a mysterious wolf. She tried hiding the truth and said the child belonged to David. But over time, the truth surfaced and David saw who Henry really was. As punishment, he threw Henry out the door and forced him to live on his own. He had nothing; no one could help him.Not even his own mother. Georgie took him in, gave him a room and trained him in this job. If it were not for Georgie, Henry knew his fate would be grim. Was he a bad person? No worse then half the people in this town.....

"No. you're not a bad guy. You do what you can...you deal with the cards you are dealt with. Sometimes you don't have a choice....Look...this girl. Forget about her. Just hire a new one, replace her, maybe fix up the club again-"

"I....I love her, Henry. I'm in too deep this time. When we kissed in the office, something happened to me...."

Just then, Lyla rushed into the club. Georgie looked up and was suddenly overcome with emotion.

"Georgie!"

Lyla ran to him and as she did, Georgie grabbed her and held her tightly against his body. She could her the rapid thumping of his heart beat. She noticed an eerie glow in his pocket; the color was a darker green and it was lighting up half of his leg. Lyla unexpectedly felt a rush of comfort and warmth overcome her body as Georgie held her.

"You're pocket...it's glowing green..."

"Come with me, Lyla. I wish to show you something...."

Georgie grasped Lyla's hand and the two headed towards his private room. Allthe while, unaware of what was taking place. Vivian was sot going to let this go over easily; who did he think he was? She loved Georgie and would not be defeated by a she wolf of all people; a she wolf that was not considered a Fable in her eyes. She dialed up the Business Office number and waited. Bigby answered.

"Hello, sheriff. Sorry to disturb you but I have some news in regards to Lyla smith that you may want to know about...."

As Bigby went to find John, all Vivian could do was smile; the most depraved look was show cased on her lips.
  • edited June 2014
    The Fire Among Us // Part 1

The dark memories of my life at the Homelands often come to pay me a visit. I have been doing my best to move on and escape the past, but some things are just hard to let go of.
    Everywhere I go, I still see those eyes staring at me, full of fear ... Waiting for me to burn the ground around them.
    They don't trust me. I can't say I blame them - I don't trust myself either. If you saw me, you wouldn't have thought twice about it; what harm could a little girl do?
    A lot of harm.
    My name is Lehava, but I'm still known as the name that's been haunting me for the past 400 years: Queen of Vesta. As royal as it may sound, they mean it dangerously. And do you want to know why they call me that?
    I was born with something supernaturally severe, something that would change my life forever. And for a long, long time, I struggled to control it.
    If my rage built up or if I got upset, there it came; sizzling scarlet flames coming straight from my fingertips and burning everything around me. The angrier I got, the stronger it was. My eyes prickle with shame when I remember how many Fables I've harmed with this wicked curse.

I knew that I had to stop it. And soon. So I went to the first person I could trust.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Okay, first thing's first," Bigby said. I had gone straight to his apartment for rage-controlling lessons. Trust me, Bigby knew what he was talking about. "You can't be afraid of your own power."

"How is that possible?" I grumbled. "I've lost count on the amount of times I've burnt my own two feet."

"The more you fear, the stronger it gets," Bigby told me sternly. "Just relax."

Sighing, I took a deep breath and then exhaled, letting my blood flow more steadily. My fingertips tingled like a warning.

"Now point your finger down at the ground, whilst keeping your body calm," Bigby said, and my eyes flew open in shock.

"Bigby, I'll sizzle you to a crisp!"

"No you won't," he insisted. "Trust me."

Of course I trusted him; he was the evil villain the Big Bad Wolf in his past, so he knew all about the consequences of losing your temper. But it's different for him now. People respect him and see him as the Sheriff. They still see me as the crazy witch of fire.
    I wanted to stop hurting people, so I put my faith in Bigby.

Trying not to tense up my body too much, I did as he asked whilst biting my lip so hard I could taste blood. Keep calm, Lehava ...

A sudden spit of ember flew at the ground, catching me by surprise. It harmlessly rolled over to Bigby's shoes.

Bigby nodded at me in praise, but I was so simply shocked that I wasn't looking at him. How did I do that? Normally I send off a flamethrower. Could Bigby be right? Is there a chance for me to change?

"See, Lehava?" Bigby said. "When you just remain calm and let your thoughts run freely, your powers subside down with you. Just keep that in mind."

"I will," I promised fervently. I couldn't help a smile stretch across my face. "Maybe this will be easier for me now..."

Suddenly there were loud continuous knocks on the door that made us both jump.

Bigby rolled his eyes. "Only Snow White would knock like that."

As he went to open the door with me crouching behind him, Snow's pale-as-a-ghost, anxious face immediately gave off the sense of disaster.

"Bigby! Come with me, quick!"

Before anything else could be said, she was off like a rocket. I started to nibble my lip.

"Snow, wait!" Bigby called. "Come on, Lehava."

That's all I have so far. Hope you liked it:)
  • Excellent beginning, she-wolf. Like always, I can only hope for more tales or continuations from storytellers such as yourself, including the previous contenders that contributed before you. Keep it up if you can!
    she-wolf_x1 posted: »

The Fire Among Us // Part 1 The dark memories of my life at the Homelands often come to pay me a visit. I have been doing my best to mo

• edited May 2014
    Part 11 Lyla Smith

"Snakes"

Lyla took a seat on Georgie's bed and watched him fumble through his dresser drawer. He was quiet the entire time she sat there; she tried getting comfortable in the silence of the room. His water bed was making it hard to relax. The motion of the liquid below her was making her nauseous, so she got up and walked over to a shelf. It contained three pictures; one with an older couple, another with two men and one girl and another with a two story home made out of stone. The first one must have been his parents; the man looked just like Georgie but without the tattoos. The second one must have been his siblings; the men looked identical to Georgie and the young lady looked like the mother. She wasn't too sure about the third. Her first thought was Georgie's childhood home. It was located in the middle of an open field with a large shade tree and pound located behind it. Before she could ask, Georgie was standing beside her. His eyes were solely focused on the images.

"Been a long time since I've looked at these."

"Thought you didn't care about your family..."

Georgie turned around and headed for the window. He looked out to the world below. His mind quickly blocked out the city and for a few seconds, he was back home; a place he once lived before him and the others were forced out and into this fucked up world. He pictured his younger self playing outside with his siblings; the smell of fresh air and apple pie surrounding his thoughts. Georgie could almost feel the grass between his toes, the wind blowing through the trees. From a distance Georgie could see his father milking the cows and mom taking down the laundry from the line. Georgie sighed and looked over. Lyla was standing there and smiling. She grabbed his hand and squeezed it in her's.

"I think about them all the time, Lyla. It's...it's been a while since I've actually taken some time to think like this. I miss them sometimes. Fuck...."

"It's ok to think about those things, Georgie."

"No! Ok, its not...fucking sake, Lyla! You have no idea about ANY of this!"

"Well, if you didn't keep things in so much people might actually help you!"

"I never used to be this bad, Lyla..."

Lyla wrapped her arms around Georgie's waist and placed her head on his chest. He winced and pulled back. Lyla looked down and realized she had touched the wound.

"Fuck! i'm sorry Georgie. Here...take off your shirt so I can check it. Go sit on the bed."

Georgie plopped himself down on the bed. Lyla found a bottle of rubbing alcohol, band-aids and gauze. Georgie took off his shirt and slowly removed the old bandages. Lyla took a cotton ball and dabbed it into the liquid.

"Hold still....this will sting."

She placed the cotton on the wound and began rubbing around it.

"UGH! For fucking sake, that fucking hurts!"

Lyla ignored his ranting and continued cleaning it. She covered it with band aids and wrapped the gauze around to hold it in place.

"There you go. By the way, how is your hand?"

Georgie was silent. Lyla took a seat next to him.

"So, what did you want to show me?"

Georgie reached into his pocket and pulled out a stone. He placed it in Lyla's hand. The color was currently white. It was a bright glow that lite up the room. She was amazed by the object and held it closer to her face. Lyla looked down and noticed Georgie's pocket glowing blue.

"What is this? What do the colors mean?"

"These are stones. They detect the mood a person is. They are like mood rings to mundies but these are much more accurate then those. Right now your ring is white. It's going to take some time to read your mood. Read means anger, green happy, purple embarrassed, orange is bored, pink is uhhh...you are in the 'mood'....black is always bad...always....pastel green means you are in love and blue is...your sad..."

"Sad...why are you sad..."

Georgie reached over to Lyla and placed his lips on her's. He closed his eyes and just wanted it to go away....He pinned Lyla to the bed and slowly kissed her. Lyla wrapped her arms around Gergie's neck; Georgie began kissing her neck lightly. His breathing deepened as his finger traced all along her thigh. Georgie continued to kiss her neck. Georgie looked over at the desk; his stone was beginning to turn pastel green. Lyla's stone was still white but beginning to turn green. It was not the green he wanted to see...the green he needed to see....

Two hours passed and Georgie sat up in bed. He looked over at Lyla; she was still sleeping and wrapped in the sheets. He smiled, reached for his pants and walked to the bathroom. He stood in front of the mirror is silence. He reached into his pocket and lite a cigarette. Georgie sat on the toilet and placed his forehead in his palms. He loved this girl so much. He cared for Lyla and wanted nothing but the best. It had been so long....so long since he's had this feeling. Suddenly, his phone rang. He grabbed it and answered before it woke Lyla up. It was the sheriff.

"What the fuck is it, Sheriff? Look, I don't have time for your fucking shit, so if you could-"

"Georgie, listen. We know about Lyla so cut the crap! John is on his way, Snow Whit and I will be there in a few and-"

Georgie dropped the phone and ran out the door. Just as he did, there was a knock. Lyla was now up and looking at Georgie.

"What's going on? Who is here, Georgie?"

Georgie ignored her and ran downstairs. Henry, Hans, Vivian and Nerissa were all standing still, looking at Georgie. Georgie went to the front door and opened it. Little did he realize Vivian, who was now laughing. There before him was John and the wolf council. Seconds later, Bigby and Snow arrived. Lyla was now standing beside Georgie, both their stones glowing black.
  • edited May 2014
    Words cannot describe what I just read, wowza, wowza indeed. Good job as always, man!
    pudding_pie posted: »

Part 11 Lyla Smith "Snakes" Lyla took a seat on Georgie's bed and watched him fumble through his dresser drawer. He was quiet the

• Yup, woe betide anyone who goes against the arrows on the store floors it seems. Nice pencils though haha
    EMMYPESS posted: »

I love Ikea even though it's annoying to shop there and put together its furniture, lol

• Presuming you'll be reading this when you get back - greetings from the Past! Hope you've had a great time :)

Just stopped by to say going to Spain for week tomorrow but can't wait to get back and read the rest of the stories Dragon and your own epic tales see ya bro and users

• Damn it, I was starting to like Viera! :P
    MasterStone posted: »

Part 5 The smoke and fire cleared and Draco and the Woman stood barely injured. Marco was sitting on a rooftop from distance and y

• I liked it a lot. Lehava and her powers are something a little different, and I'm genuinely wondering what Snow wanted. Looking forward to more.
    she-wolf_x1 posted: »

The Fire Among Us // Part 1 The dark memories of my life at the Homelands often come to pay me a visit. I have been doing my best to mo

• FatPigFatPig Banned
    Just Awesome so unique 10/10

Just finished this story on my thread but brought it over because it's TWAU just wanted to have fun with the concept ignore plotholes lol ne

• edited May 2014
    This will be the third chapter to my ongoing story, you can view the other parts on the first 2 pages of this discussion!

Chapter 3: Eyes of Deceit

Snow put her hands on her hips impatiently. "Come dragon. You're wasting my time and the rest of Fabletown's time by mucking about."

"I'm sorry, Miss White, it's just, it feels so strange being a human again." He stumbled a bit after he had put his clothes on, trying to make sense of his surroundings and looked over at Snow and Reynard. Reynard opened his mouth in shock while Snow gasped and nearly screamed. Weyland dropped his cup after he had glanced over at Tezoth too, shattering the cup completely as it hit the ground.

"Umm, Tez? Your eyes..." Reynard strutted to Snow's truck, cocking his head towards one of the side mirrors.

Tezoth confusingly went over to the side mirror and looked straight into it, clenching his fists.

"What in the fuck happened to my eyes, Miss White? I thought this 'Glamour' of yours was supposed to make me look human? Now I look like some sort of fucking freak!"

"Listen. 'Tezoth'. That is your name, isn't it? I had no idea the Glamour would be faulty, some of the witches may have accidentally overlooked some things when making this special bottle for you. Please, I need you to work with me here, as I don't have another bottle to make you become human again, 'nor any clothes should you turn into a dragon again."

He felt his body shake again, this time however, the dragon that was now inside was itching to break free to make him turn again. But he strongly refused, calming down the dragon beast altogether. Tezoth's desire to become human again was too great and just couldn't pass this exciting opportunity up.

"All right, Miss White, I am calm. Thieves aren't meant to be fighters anyway, take me to this Fabletown of yours." Snow, Reynard, and Weyland sighed in relief after what could have gone horribly wrong.

Snow then took off her sunglasses and handed it to the Glamoured dragon.

"Here, after the 3 of us saw your dragon eyes. It'd be best if you wore these for a while. We wouldn't want no Mundy seeing your current eyesight, now would we?"

Tez glanced at Snow and took the glasses, finally putting them on. "Yes, I'd have to agree, Snow."

He kneeled over to look at Reynard. "Well, little fox, it actually has been nice when you accompanied me in those scouting walks around the Farm, and for being one of my very few friends in these premises. I guess this is farewell for now."

"Oh, no problem at all, Tez. I wish only the best for you when you visit the Mundy city of New York. Be sure to put in a good word for me if you see Snow's sister!"

"Ugh, you do realize that I'm still standing here?"

"Of course, Snow. Don't worry, I still consider you to be a smokin' fox too." Snow rolled her eyes in disgust after Reynard rudely commented.

Tezoth got up and laughed, only to have his hand shaken by Weyland, which caught him by surprise. "Good luck, dragon, you have been very helpful around the Farm, I wish you the best of luck as well."

"Thank you, Weyland, it was an honor." They had a strong grip in both of their handshakes.

"Well, since niceties are finally over with. Get in the car, dragon." She looked at the time at her watch and tapped it. Tezoth walked closer to the car and got in, Snow too. She started the engine and they were off to Fabletown.

END, of Chapter 3.
  • edited May 2014
    Part 12 Lyla Smith

"Deals"

'If you truly want to change your life,
    you must first be willing to change your mind.'
    -unknown

The wolf council was formally constituted hundreds of years ago when their rules for interaction and marriage were difficult and forced upon. For example, a young wolf, male or female, could NOT marry, breed, live or interact with anyone outside the race. This was the time of Van Helsing and the fears humans had for 'monsters.' Creatures like werewolves, vampires, elves or anything folk related were given rules and justice; as were the Fables hundreds of years ago when they ventured into this world. The two, however, were NOT considered the same; fables were mere stories of morals told to scare or put a message into the hearts and minds of mundies. The other creatures, however, were BELIEVED to be real to the mundies, the folk tales as they were called and they were given a whole set of different rules. Even as the Fables first stepped foot onto mundy ground, folk tales did nothing to help. Each 'monster' was given a council and rules to follow by. Vampires and Elves had VERY strict rules; werewolves only had a few to abide to.
    1. NEVER attack a mundy. If it's self defense, we will overlook and do everything in our power to fix it.
    2. NEVER breed with any other species, for if you DO break this rule, it's not a problem; however, for the rest of your life and children, if you so wish to have, will be documented and recorded. Any slip ups and the children(s) or parent(s) will be sent to the Farm.
    3. Fables are NEVER a good thing. Our blood is pure; they are mortals until something ends it. Mixing the two can cause problems. If you do break this rule, #2 rule will be the main focus. However, if such should fail, the sentence to this will only result in death for both parties.

Within a week, Lyla broke all 3 of these rules her council had. She sat in silence, surrounded by the members, Bigby, Snow White and Mayor Cole. Beside her, Georgie sat; he was on his fourth cigarette in the past ten minutes. His eyes were focused on a large man dressed in a simple, casual suit. His name was David; he was the leader of his pack and her father's once partner. Since her father gave up his title years ago for his current position, David took control. Malcom, a long time friend to both the pack and John, sat beside David fingering through the files of the Fables. Bigby brought every single file her could find; the book of Fables could not be found in time. He got the call from Vivian that night; within a period of thirty minutes, the council and entire Business Office were at the Pudding & Pie.

Lyla was feeling anxious. Her stomach was turning, her heart racing against her chest. Her knees felt weak and she knew if she had to get up, her face would be planted on the ground. Georgie was now fishing around in his pockets for another cigarette. When he couldn't find one, she slammed his palms down on the desk. This cause both Malcom and David to jump.

"What the FUCK is this anyways? You fucking dogs did not explain a fucking thing to us! All you did was sit us down and the whole fucking town is here! The fuck you looking at, Sheriff!?"

Bigby stood his ground; he was doing this because it was the rules. Just like glamours, it had to be done. Did he like it? not all of it but these creatures had their own way of handling things. He had no choice but go along and do his part.

"Georgie, calm down! This is no one's fault but your own..."

"Oh! Of fucking course! Fucking sake, Bigby! You're supposed to be the protector of Fabletown and here I sit like I just committed a crime..."

"You did...."

John stood beside David eyeing Georgie's file. The list of accusations and 'time' he did for the things he did was too long to look. He knew the things Georgie did in the past; indeed, he did save his youngest but to have her work at the club that was nothing but trouble? This was something he couldn't overlook. He warned his girls since they were in diapers; stick to your own kind. If not, a human is the closest thing to a werewolf. Fables are trouble; they are too angry and lost to love. John's eyes found their way to his youngest, who was now quietly crying. somewhere inside, he was broken but these were the rules. Why on earth did you have to find love in a Fable? And of all he fucking fables in this town....why Georgie....

"The fuck you mean I committed a crime? I didn't do a damn thing...."

David's long arm reached across the table and placed a document in front of Georgie. He had highlighted some areas on the top, middle and mostly bottom. In his other, he had a pen. Malcom walked around and gave it to Georgie, who quickly took it out of his hands.

"So Mr. Georgie Porgie of Fabletown, do you understand the reason as to why you and Miss Lyla Ann Smith are here? In accordance to law, both including from fable and folk, the two of you have broken several rules, therefore, are being prosecuted. Mr. John Smith has highlighted areas on this document stating what you two can and can't do; your sheriff, Mr. Bigby Wolf, has also printed documents for the two of you. Miss Snow White has documented all that has occurred tonight. No one will go to the Farm, however, anymore law breaking and you two will spend a month doing hard labor and work for the Farm. Do you understand?"

Georgie placed his cigarette to his lips, inhaled and released a cloud of smoke in the direction of David's face. As the smoke cleared, David saw the most malevolent grin on Georgie's face. The giant wolf-man was taken back, as he watched Georgie read the document. Lyla too was reading her copy; this was going too far and ever since the incident with Rapunzel and a young male wolf, things were never the same for both Fables and Folk Tales alike.

Both Lyla and Georgie finished signing. David took the documents and placed them in a separate file. He closed them up and stood up. As he pushed the chair in, Georgie spoke.

"So, what you're fucking telling me, is because I'm talking to her, now we are getting punished? I think that is fucking ridiculous if you ask me. There are more fucked up shit in this town and you all are more worried about mine and her fucking life. These fucking rules don't make a damn sense to me..."

"This has nothing to do with you two hanging out, Mr. Porgie. Its the fact you two failed to gives us notification. God forbid you two breed, we would need to examine the children, document their existence....it's like mixing oil and water; the two do not mix and yet people continue to do so. We are from two VERY different worlds, Mr. Porgie. You are lucky this didn't happen 300 years ago; nothing could have saved you."

Georgie finished his cigarette and flicked it at David's feet. The end was still burning and sending a small stream of smoke towards his face.

"Fuck off and go piss on a tree, you dirty fucking dogs...."

Malcom was not pleased by his comment and headed towards Georgie. Before he could say a word, David stopped him.

"No, no, Malcom. He is not worth our time. John wishes to work beside one, so be it. I will not become involved with the likes of you. Pfft."

As David walked past Georgie, he grabbed him by the arm and whispered in his arm.

"You think because you saved her, this makes everything alright, you scumbag? John may be willing to overlook your past, even his daughter gives you the benefit of the doubt but remember one thing-you are messing with one of US; stick to your own kind. I hear Sleeping Beauty is looking to be pushed around...."

Georgie's pocket began to glow a dark red; Lyla's pocket was turning black. She remembered black was never a good sign and reached to grab his hand. He was shaking; his eyes were dark and looking David up and down.

"Georgie, stop....calm down. He's not worth it...."

David smiled and walked towards his car. Both him and Malcom were gone, leaving behind the Business Office crew and her father. Part one was finished; can only imagine what part two had in store. Snow Whit took Georgie's file and walked up to him, his pocket continuing to glow red.

"Georgie....Georgie. I need you to relax and come with me, please. We have some questions to ask as well. We need to figure this all out and fix what we can...for the both of you."

Georgie got up and followed Snow. They got in her car and drove away; Lyla, her father, Mayor cole and Bigby went in another. As they pulled away, she looked back and found Vivian smiling, waving goodbye. She was smiling the entire time. As she looked down, her pocket continued to glow black.
  • edited May 2014
    Time to finish.

Book 2 (Part 6)

Draco, Viera, Irene and Marco make their way through the portal and reach the dwarf Dewloren cottage. Upon their arrival the are greeted by the dwaf and Wolven. At first Wolven is hesitant but when he see's the phoenix medallion around Viera neck he has an immediate flashback. "That medallion, it looks so familiar..."

"Hi to you too Wolven." Draco as he waves at Wolven. "Oh yes my apologies, allow me to introduce myself to you all. My name is Wolven one of the 7 sons on Winter and North Wind. Im hoping that Draco has explained everything to you before bringing you all here."

"Yes I told them now let's get to point Wolfy, what's the plan? When are we going to raid the fortress and get my father and Viera's sister back?" Draco anxiously asking.

"We have one more thing we need to do before we go, but first I need you to come with me back to the crest. I think I can get your dragon power back."

"Fine, the sooner the better I guess. Let's go wolfy." Draco as he follows Wolven into the forest.

"HEY WHAT ABOUT US! WHAT THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSE TO DO?! HEY" Irene as she yells at the two.

"Gwarghohoho, that where I come in young lady. We have things to prepare for so lets hope it!" Dewloren joking while taking Irenes hand.

"Geez what have I gotten myself into...?" Marco facing Viera then following her, Dewloren and Irene into the cottage.

Meanwhile at the dark gloomy fortress the evil Aizaax sits in his war room awaiting his messenger. " My lord, one of our troops that you sent into the mundy world has been killed."

"By whom my loyal messenger?"

"The phoenix woman my lord, apparently she didn't kill the dragon boy. Just as you predicted and also...what are the woman's sister?"

"The boy will come for father just as Viera will come for her sister. Let them, and when I finally have the boy in my clutches I will personally skin that dragon myself and then nothing will stop from ruling both the homelands AND the mundy world. No magic, no spell, no prophecy or hero can't stop my revolution. That is all messenger."

"Yes my lord." Then the messenger disappears into darkness.

Meanwhile in the forest, Wolven and Draco makes its back to the crest. Wolven explains that side effects of the crest may have caused him to lose his dragon transformation power, but it opened up a path to new power. "By combining you power with other creatures, you can triple your own. That is the goal of the crest, which is why it can only be awoken by the chosen few."

"Well I guess thats that explains why i got a flaming sword..." Draco joking.

"Draco.... please focus.... now it's time to see how strong you really gotten since our last encounter. I want you to fight this rock ogre, Draco. Proof to me that you have what it takes."

"Wait what. Hold up you didn't tell me..." Draco as he was tossed into the bushes by the rock ogre.

The rock ogre wasn't holding back, it was trying to push Draco to his limits even how close it came to killing him. Draco tried to use his weapon but it didn't have any effect on the ogre. The ogre picked up a giant boulder and tossed it at him, Draco manage to dodge but his arm is impaled by branch.

Draco falls to one knee preparing to accept his untimely demise until he hears the words of Wolven,"If this is all that you can muster up Draco then you might as well forget about saving your father or anyone else. Setting there giving up like a weakling won't get you anywhere. Stand up and FIGHT. You have the power you use it damn it. USE IT DRACO!"

The ogre prepares to finish off Draco but suddenly, Draco drops his weapon and it dematerializes into flames which he then absorbs and transforms him into Dragon. He then lets out a ferocious roar and destroys the ogre in a single blast. As the rock ogre crumbles into rubble Draco returns to his human form. Leaving Wolven pleased and impressed.

"Well done Draco. It is time to set out. Let go get your friends." Wolven as he helps Draco out of the forest.

To be continued to part 7
  • edited May 2014
    The eyes! A nice touch to have them not change, though could it be a later plot point? Either way, a pleasure to read, and looking forward to see how Tezoth gets on in Fabletown.

That Reynard :P

This will be the third chapter to my ongoing story, you can view the other parts on the first 2 pages of this discussion! Chapter 3: Ey

• edited May 2014
    Thank you! For now, my character's eyes will stay like dragon eyes for quite a while. Maybe Tezoth will have his eyes turned back to normal at some point? You and the others will just have to wait and see eventually! :O

And yes, that Reynard. :P

The eyes! A nice touch to have them not change, though could it be a later plot point? Either way, a pleasure to read, and looking forward to see how Tezoth gets on in Fabletown. That Reynard :P

• The rules at the top are a great addition, making it seem even more grounded in the already established lore. As every you've conveyed a clear sense of tension too.

Part 12 Lyla Smith "Deals" 'If you truly want to change your life, you must first be willing to change your mind.' -unknown

• Have I mentioned that I really like the name 'Aizaax' for the villain? Anyway, an action packed installment, well done!
    MasterStone posted: »

Time to finish. Book 2 (Part 6) Draco, Viera, Irene and Marco make their way through the portal and reach the dwarf Dewloren

• Such teasing! I will perch on the edge of my seat awaiting the next installment. So please don't make it too long - this chair ain't that comfy.

Thank you! For now, my character's eyes will stay like dragon eyes for quite a while. Maybe Tezoth will have his eyes turned back to normal

• I will keep that in mind then, Noir! I was thinking on making the next chapter soon anyway!

Such teasing! I will perch on the edge of my seat awaiting the next installment. So please don't make it too long - this chair ain't that comfy.

• edited May 2014
    Part 13 Lyla Smith

"Chances"

"People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soulmate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life."
    -- Elizabeth Gilbert

Snow White was holding Georgie's stone; it was now sending off a light blue. She examined it closely. Bigby and John held onto Lyla's stone; her stone was also blue. The trick to these stones were simple: They would detect the other persons mood; their stone did the same but for your mood. No matter how much you tried to hide it, truth is the stone always knew how you truly felt. Lyla could not hide how she felt at that moment: she was devastated at the outcome of all of this. She now had regret of ever trying to find something more than the Business Office. She had everyone she knew and loved involved in all this commotion. Lyla looked over at Georgie; that is who she was worried most of all. He didn't say much the entire time they sat in the office. Snow and Bigby questioned he some more but nothing out of the ordinary; they were going to get to the bottom of all of this. Snow did not like having to deal with situations that could have been prevented.

"So, Georgie. Where did you get these stones at?"

"The fuck does it matter? You don't give two shits about me or Lyla. All you want to do is storm around her, pointin' the finger and all you have is that fucking paper to back all this up."

"Georgie, please. I'm trying to figure all this out. You of all people should know the rules. But then again, I can't imagine you ever taking the time to consider what this is doing to everyone around you. Now, i'm going to ask you again...where did you get these stones?"

Georgie was now inches from Snow White's face. His eyes focused on her's.

"Fuck....off...."

Georgie smiled and this caused Snow to throw the stone in his lap. He scooped it up and placed it in his pocket' Lyla's pocket was again glowing red. She was worried about this situation. Her heart began to race when she caught in the corner of her eye Bigby and her father walking towards him. Lyla knew nothing positive would come out of this.

"Dad! Stop! Please, sheriff! We did nothing wrong! Georgie and I are friends and they said nothing about friends, so I don't understand-"

The silence in the room was enough; Lyla knew she was not going to get through to either Bigby or her father. The blank, cold stares said it all. The men continued their way to Georgie. Bigby took the left, John to the right.

"Ok, ok, sheriff! Sorry I pissed you off, made your girl upset and brought you all into this! I don't see the problem with any of this. Just trying to have fun..."

"You think this is a joke, Georgie? The entire business has gotten involved with this. Not only that but now the folkers (folk tale creatures) are involved; it has taken us over a hundred years to even get them CLOSE to working with us. Now this has sent back a couple THOUSAND years! You two should have known better!"

"I never said this was a joke, Sheriff. You are the ones taking this whole fucking thing out of proportion. We are just two simple people looking to have fun in this fucked up town you are 'protecting'. Bravo, sheriff. You did a fucking great job..."

Georgie stands up and claps. Bigby lunged at Georgie and wrapped his giant palms around his neck. The men were now wrestling on the ground, struggling to hold the other down. Despite Georgie's small stature, he was willing to fight hard to survive. John frantically tried pulling them apart; he was in no mood to watch these two tear eachother to bits, despite his hate for Georgie.

"ENOUGH! Both of you stop this shit now! We have more important things to worry about!"

John finnaly grabbed Bigby's arm and pulled him away from Georgie. Georgie stumbled backwards and found himself standing by Lyla. He began rubbing his neck. Lyla could see the large hand prints circling his neck. Her stone continued to glow red.

"Tell that fucking dog to relax then! Is this anyway of acting with an interrogation? Huh!? You think I'm the only one that has done this fucking shit?! HUH!?"

"Calm down! I'm not here for anyone else-I'm here because of YOU! YOU, Georgie! JUST YOU! You're the one with my daughter, you're the one that had her at that club-"

Lyla had enough and finally spoke up.

"Daddy STOP!! This is not just Georgie's fault and you KNOW it! I'm tired of you blaming him! Tired of you and everyone else making this about him! I WENT TO THAT CLUB ON MY OWN!"

John fell silent and looked at his daughter. In 18 years, this was the first time she spoke to him that way. He noticed her eyes slowly change to a dark yellow; an indication something big was going to happen and even though he was much bigger than her, Lyla was quick and more flexible then he was.

"Look. You guys want to know about the stones. Fine! Georgie, just tell them..."

Lyla grabbed Georgie and held him close. He could hear her heart beating against his ear. Lyla was the only girl to ever truly look past his dark side in hopes of finding something good. Georgie knew he had done many terrible things and couldn't blame anyone in this room for their intense dislike towards him. In return, Georgie held Lyla against his chest and squeezed. He reached into his pocket and took out the stones; Lyla took hers and placed it in his hand. They instantly turned green. Snow looked on amazed and seemed lost in their beauty.

"It's true about those stones....they are beautiful...."

"Snow-"

She grabbed the stones and held them; she was lost in the glow and colors.

"I heard about these stones. They are from the old world but-I've never seen one up close. They were usually only given to the very lost and confused of the Fables and..."

Everyone looked up and focused their attention on Georgie.

"A witch gave these to me years ago back in the homelands. I....I did some things there that I'm not too proud of. Kissed the girls, made them cry, broke some hearts...made trouble for myself and others. She told me the stones were now mine until the day I died; that only true love from a girl that could look past this stone wall could break my curse. The curse of a black heart. When that girl accepts the stone and only TRULY accepts me, would this curse break. Your daughter....this folk tale....has given me hope. Fuck. I know this sounds insane coming from me-"

Lyla found herself holding Georgie's hand tighter. He lightly kissed the top of her head. John noticed his actions and could only turn away. Georgie Porgie, the man that kissed the girls and made them cry, had picked his daughter to give the stone to. Snow White's hands were glowing a bright pastel green.

"No. I don't find it insane coming from...from you, Georgie. I just...the rules...that CLUB!"

"He didn't force me dad...."

George was silent. He was the reason why she was there in the first place. Lyla grabbed his hand and tightly held it. In her mind, it was her that stayed; Georgie was just that extra push she needed. John already knew this would cause problems for both Fables and Folkers alike; if the council ever found out the truth, his daughter's privacy would no longer exist. If they EVER had children, their lives would know nothing more than 'Big Brother' watching them. John could count on Bigby and Snow White, yes but even they had their limits. There was only so much silence one person could do.

"Georgie. I have one question to ask then-do you love her?"

Both of their smiles and the color of the stones were enough. John grabbed both their files and motioned them to sit.

"I will need you both to fill out the papers in regards to the two of you seeing each other. Rules...."

"We know...its a risk I'm fucking willing to take."

Hand in hand, Lyla and Georgie signed the papers. Bigby and Snow looked on.

"I guess change can happen to anyone, Snow."

"Takes the right person, patience and love, Bigby. It can be done...even for someone like Georgie."

On the other side of Fabletown, two individuals did not see this as a positive thing. Vivian and Gren sat in the apartment of Aunty Greenleaf. She was standing near a pot of boiling liquid and as she stirred what was inside, she reached over to a large tree, plucked some leaves and threw them inside. A cloud of purple smoke rose up and as it cleared up, she took two bottles and poured the purple liquid into them. She handed one to Vivian, another Gren.

"Give them this and they will forget all about each other...."

Vivian laughed outloud; Gren sat quietly and looked at the bottle.
  • Eh. I've been having writers block trying to write anything but this story I've posted on here. So maybe I should continue it a little further!

Anyways.

~The Road Trip~

"Here's the keys, put the snacks and stuff in the back seat. Before we go, Snow is forcing me to teach you for a few hours," Rose said as she fishes through her backpack. After a few minutes, she pulls out a plastic card with my photo on it.

"To the mundies, you're Anne Goodall. This is if you get pulled over for some stupid reason. And don't worry, you won't be driving the whole time, I promise to switch off every 12 hours. Kay?"

"Sounds good Auntie."

"Alright. Lets get in and test this puppy out."

I enter the driver's side and press the keys into the ignition. Rose chomps on a piece of gum as she points out the different pedals and the buttons amd stuff, as well as taking me through a rash course of speed limits and laws.

"You gotta stay around the speed limit. If the sign says 60, you do 60. You understand, punk?"

I laugh,"Yeah, I understand. I learn really quick, don't worry."

"Well, considering your siblings haven't yet hit 5 and you're here living on your own with a steady job at that new Homeland's restaurant thingy, I think I trust you'll do fine. My sister, on the other hand, likes to go the over-protective route on things."

"You got that right. Now are we gonna hit the road? Let me read over the map and see where we have to go."

The trip was on now, and it was great. It took a long time to get anywhere, but in the meantime we had plenty of music, food, and rest stops along the way. We got to Chicago after 3 days of driving, Since Rose got tired of sitting in the car and we had to stop somewhere to sleep.
    We decided to see some of the things Chicago had to offer. The giant mirror-bean thing was my favorite. I can't remember what it's name was, but the distorted reflections of the city around us amazed me to no end. I took pictures with one of those dollar store cameras that are dirt cheap.

"How long do ya think the trip will last?" I ask.

"Depends on how often I wanna get shit-faced. I'd say a 3 weeks back and forth."

"Sounds good. I think we should have brought more snacks. The popcorn's almost gone."

"There'll be plenty of supermarkets or fast-food joints we can deal with on the way. I'm excited for the trucker diners filled with greasy overweight dudes who order burgers all the time."

We drove for another 3 days before we stops at our next major stop: A drive in movie theater. I haven't watched too many movies in my life, but I know they're one of the most wonderful things ever invented. Rose was the one who spotted the sign, and we were lucky to catch a movie only an hour after arriving.

"I wonder what they're gonna show. I hope it's not the Titanic. They always show the Titanic at places like these."

"What's the Titanic?"

"Oh boy. We shoulda brought a DVD player and my movie collection before leaving. You're illiterate!"

"I can read, I just haven't seen too many movies yet. I'm, you know, technically a kid still."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Lets sit on the roof and watch this thing."

We climb onto the roof of the car and hold a bag of freshly popped popcorn between us. The movie starts and so does my aunt's worst nightmare: The Titanic. I began laughing while she cursed at the screen.

"You good for nothing goddamn managers showing the one movie I despise the most because of Jack's dumbass 'Titanic' stage where all he wanted to do was be fricken Leonardo DiCaprio! Ugh, I can't watch this movie again for the thousandth time, I'm going in the car and sleeping."

Before retiring to the passenger seat, she grabbed a handful of popcorn and chucked at the screen. Not that it made a difference, since it's all the way across the semi-empty parking lot and landed only a few feet in front of the car's hood. I stayed through the whole movie. It was one of the most surreal moments of my life. It was definitely a new experience, sitting on the roof of a car in the middle of somewhere you've never been before. It was one of those mundy-magical moments, I guess you could say. It's not real magic, but it's just as powerful in creating deep feelings.

We stopped every 3 days to spend some time in the first cool attraction we saw. When the Grand Canyon was close, Rose got real excited.

"Can you believe that me, who's been in this stupid world for over 300 years, has never been to the Grand Canyon? I never found time to go out there I guess, but it's always been something I've wanted to see. I've also wanted to gamble in Las Vegas, but we'll cross that river when we get closer..."

I don't understand what's so amazing about the Grand Canyon. I mean, yeah, it's an amazing view. But that's it. No roller-coaster rides running through it, no pool to go swimming with this heat wave lingering over us. I took a few pictures. Rose, however, was captivated. I watched her stare at it all, breathing in the dusty air and we ended up staying for the sunset. Now, THAT was nice. The red-orange colors reflecting off the sky were the most beautiful shades of color I had ever witnessed. The shadows of all the rocks caste over the cliffs created new mountain ranges that only exist in this time of day. I noticed Rose's sadness.

"I wish things could've gone better between me and the people I've loved, Harmony. I wish....," she sighs," I wish I was a better sister, a better aunt, a better friend, and a better lover. I wouldn't doubt you if you didn't like me as much as Snow, or the rest of the family."

"No way. I love you! You're my aunt, after all. And I think you're being too hard on yourself. Things don't always work out how you think they're supposed to. I learned that a long time ago. Forgive but don't forget. And most of all, enjoy the moments you have with your loved ones because those are the most precious."

Rose laughs,"Look who just became the new inspirational speaker of the 21st century! And thanks kiddo. I needed it."

We side-hugged and watched the stars appear in the night sky.

The rest of the trip went on like this: We made it to California, but not before stopping in Nevada for a few hours. I tried my first alcoholic beverage and puked after the first drink. I guess my stomach isn't optimized to handle anything like that yet.
    Rose was the one who Drove the last few hours before we made it to the end.

"We did it. We're here," She said.

The sun rise was just as spectacular as the last dozen we'd seen on the road. We spent 4 days in California, traveling all the way to the ocean and swimming in the crystal clear water. It was so awesome. We stopped at different places of Los Angeles. The whole place was great.

"Do you like planes?"

"Well, flying is a part of my nature. So being in a plane wouldn't be bad at all."

"Good. Because there's no fricken way we're driving all the way back. I think I dislocated several bones attached to my butt, and I just want to hand the rental car into the nearest business so we can leave and get back to Bullfinch street before people think we're gone for good."

"Sounds good, Aunt Rose."

We got our plane tickets and left for home.
  • edited May 2014
    Part 14 Lyla Smith

"Sticks and Stones"

"YOU DID WHAT?!!"

Gren ducked; a bottle landed at the wall and was now in a million pieces on the floor. Holly was in her true form and continued throwing bottles. Jack, like always, sat back and watched the drama unfold. For once, her anger was not directed towards him. Woody, like Jack, sat in the background; he had been on Holly's shit list before and it's taken him this long to be 'ok' with her. As Holly reached for another bottle, Jacks's silence erupted into an awkward laugh. Every one in the bar looked towards his direction.

"Oh man, Gren, buddy. This is low! I mean, this girl obviously loves that skinny shrimp pimp! So, what's all this coming from? Going to see witches...Gren...Gren. This is low, even for you."

Gren grabbed Jack by the shirt collar and held him close; Jack could hear his heavy breathing and growls. Both his eyes were a milky color.

"Say one more smart ass remark, Jackie boy-and your body will be THROUGH this wall!"

Jack struggled against his grip.

"Gren! Calm down! It was a joke-"

Gren's grip around Jack's neck tightned and he was now in his true form; Jack dangling above his head, kicking to get free. Jack knew he could go far. This was that time.

"GAH! Gr-gah-Gren! Please-ugh-gaah-Wait! I'm sorry! It was a joke...."

Gren saw the life slowly leaving Jack's face. Before he could pass out, Gren dropped Jack. He landed with a thud and began coughing. During his fit, Jack scrambled to Woody's feet and crawled behind him. Woody looked down at Jack, who was now crying and rocking back and forth.

"Bitch...."

Gren walked over to Holly, who was no longer throwing bottles. He slumped on the bar and cried; how could he be so stupid? How could he even think ANYTHING could happen? Holly reached over and tried comforting Gren. Despite her anger and disappointment she had for both him and Lyla, she couldn't be mad. They warned Gren; this was a risk he still took.

"Gren, sweetie. Listen. People make all kinds of promises but turn around and break them; this is the way these things happen. You KNEW Lyla may not be interested in you. But let it go, Gren. To go to a black market witch. For what-revenge? you really think this will change everything-"

"It has to, Holly. This has to work. She has a part of me-"

"Get it back! You can do that! It's painful as hell but it can be done..."

Gren had heard about this procedure. If a Fable or Folker gave a piece of you but you reject them, you can be whole again. That person must burn something of that person and before the remains became nothing but dust, the person who rejected you must cut open their palm and have 5 drops of blood hit the burning embers. This would cleanse you both. Gren did not want to do this. He also could not see himself being selfish and taking what clearly was not meant to be his. He took out the bottle and looked at it. Just then, Vivian walked in. Everyone stopped and watched her take a seat next to Gren.

"There you are. I was worried you had taken off..."

"Nope. Still here."

"Hm. Well, hurry up. We have to do this before its midnight. They should be back any minute..."

"Vivian. Do you..do we really have to do this? I mean, let's just call it good and go our separate-"

Vivian slapped Gren's face. Everyone was shocked; Gren taken back by her actions.

"So, you think this is stupid? We should forget it? I won't! I worked my ASS OFF to have everything! To not work the pole, do jobs at the Open Arms-to be on Georgie's GOOD SIDE! That bastard thinks he can trade me in, like that? That bitch think she can worm her way in and do some goddamn splits to get his attention!? Look at you-what she's done to you! And you want to quit...."

Gren stood up. What else could he do.

"Good. Let's go already."

Holly, Jack and Woody watched them leave. Holly tried stopping Gren but he was already gone; both physically and emotionally.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Pudding & Pie was quiet; only person there was Henry and Hans. Vivian took out her key and went towards the back; Gren following very close behind. She opened the door and the two worked their way in. Vivian noticed a drunk Henry dancing on the pole.

"Hey, Ha-Hans....Hans! Look-lookie, lookie, lookie! I'm, I'm...I'm a dancer-"

"Idiot."

Vivan grabbed Gren's arm and forced him towards Georgie's office. Thank god its open, she thought. As she walked inside, Gren stood by the door. He watched Vivian frantically look for two photos: one of Georgie, the other of Lyla. When she found them, Vivan placed them on the desk. She took out her bottle and poured the liquid on Georgie's picture; Gren slowly poured his on Lyla's. Vivian then took out a lighter, flicked the bic and scorched the edge of both photos. Within seconds, the pictures were engulfed in flames; a cloud of purple emerging from the ashes. Vivian and Gren looked on, as the pictures disappeared. Vivian broke out in a fit of giggles. All Gren could do was stand in silence.

"OH MY GOD! YES! That's stupid cunt thinks she can win one on me! HA! Fuck you, Lyla and fuck you, Georgie. Thinking you can replace me..."

Suddenly, the room grew black and the desk began to glow purple. Vivian and Gren watched, as the photos rose from the ashes like a phoenix. The pictures floated to the top and became whole again; Georgie in one, Lyla in another. Suddenly, Aunty Greenleaf's voice could be heard.

"True love knows nothing of time, gender, race, language or any of these things that bind societies together. True love knows only that when the time is right, miracles can happen and magic is made...."

A cloud of purple smoke surrounded Vivian and Gren; the two unaware of what was taking place.

"That bitch! She tricked us! That means...we made their love-"

"Unbreakable....."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not far, in a quiet little park, Georgie and Lyla sat, laughing. For a moment, the forgot the world existed; Georgie only saw Lyla. Lyla was beautiful in the moonlight; her eyes glowing yellow, her pale skin skin glowing with the moonlight, her hair flowing with the small breeze that blew through the trees. Georgie suddenly felt a rush of intense feeling as he looked at Lyla; her body also overcome with the same emotion. He took her hand and the two walked to a weeping willow located in a darker part of the park. Georgie pinned Lyla against the tree and passionately kissed her; Lyla's lips were so soft against his. Lyla wrapped her arms around Georgie's neck. She looked deep into his eyes; there was a sudden change in them she had not seen before. Both their pockets glowed with a mixture of pastel green and pink.

"Lyla, I love you so much. I'm...I'm sorry for what I did to you. You know-the dance...those men....I'm such a fucking prick."

"Georgie, I love you. Don't worry about any of that, please. Just come closer and kiss me....I want you to make love to me right here....I want all of you...."

Lyla leaned in and locked lips with Georgie. She quickly took off his shirt and traced her fingers down his back. Georgie tangled his fingers in her hair and felt her breathing get heavy; her growls escaping her mouth. He lifted himself up and watched her take off her blouse; her breasts bare in the moonlight. Georgie smiled.

"You're beautiful, Lyla."

He leaned in and continued to kiss her. Lyla fumbled her hands down and slowly began taking Georgie's pants off. All she wanted was him; for them to finalize this moment and connect. Once a Fable or Folker connects, their fate is sealed; Heaven and Hell couldn't break them apart. So under the moonlight and fireflies, Georgie and Lyla connected, both letting go of what they've held on for so long.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Vivian was now screaming at Aunty Greenleaf; Gren standing quietly by the door.

"You fucking bitch! Do you see what you've done!?"

:Hm. Your heart is black, his soul is lost. You two have no idea what 'love' really is; it's not something you can claim. It just happens. Those two had already connected...."

"What do you mean, you old bat? TALK!"

"He gave her the stone, you foolish girl. You lost Georgie even before he could see it. Lyla had his heart all along...it was never you."

As Aunty Greenleaf turned to walk away, Vivian reached into her bra and pulled out a pocket knife, ran behind her and ran the blade across Greenleaf's neck. The old woman fell to the ground and began drowing in her own blood. Gren was in disbelief, as he watched the old lady die and the tree in the apartment turn blue. Vivian stood over the dying woman and laughed.

"Don't you EVER fucking play with me, bitch. See you in hell...."

With that, Vivian turned and walked out the door, Gren following behind her. He looked back and saw the old lady slowly wither away. He knew this was only the beginning.
  • Brilliant! The DiCaprio and popcorn throwing was rather amusing, and your description of the Grand Canyon at sunset seemed very accurate. Very enjoyable.

Eh. I've been having writers block trying to write anything but this story I've posted on here. So maybe I should continue it a little furth

• edited May 2014
    Part 15 Lyla Smith

"Out with the old..."

It was only the beginning of what was to come. For the first week, things were quiet between the Fables and Folkers. No complaints or phone calls were made to the Business Office. A new record. During this time, Gren had crossed Lyla's mind and almost everyday, she tried contacting him but every time she was talking to his answering machine. She made her way to the Trip Trap hoping someone there could help her. Holly refused to talk, Jack just stood there like a bump on a log and Woody just sat there staring in disbelief.

"Lyla, sweetie. It's none of our business, we get that. But, why Georgie? He must have something against you and what ever it is, we can talk about it. Your dad can help, Bigby can as well, just-"

"There is nothing, Woody. Georgie's changed...I can see it. We all have...."

Holly grabbed a soda for Lyla, opened it and poured it into a glass. She motioned for Lyla and she took a seat.

"Is it true...about the stones, dear?"

Lyla smiled, reached into her pocket and took out a glowing pastel green stone. All three of them stood and watched in awe. For a couple of seconds, the room was silent.

"They are very beautiful. You and Georgie...it's true...."

Lyla grabbed Holly's hand and squeezed it gently in hers.

"Holly. Please, this is serious. I need you to tell Gren to find me when you get the chance. I KNOW he's been here but I can't blame either one of you for protecting him. I had no idea he was trying to connect...to make me his. I would never take advantage of something so important...so serious."

Lyla finished her soda and before she walked out the door, Holly called her name out and walked her way to Lyla's side. Holly grabbed Lyla and held her tight. This little girl had been around both her and Woody since she was a baby. Despite their differences and idiotic rules both worlds had, this never changed her feelings towards Lyla Smith.

"Please, Lyla. Be careful. I hope this is what you want and you two are happy for years to come. Don't forget to drop by from time to time. We love you here at the Trip Trap. Gren will be ok....you two just need to fix this. Have Bigby or your father explain it."

Lyla hugged Holly back in return, smiled and was out the door. Little did she know Gren was there at the bar; he sat quiet, confused and alone in the back. In his hand, he held her photo. He knew it had to be done.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Pudding & Pie was in the process of creating a new name for itself in both communities. The name would stay the same, there was no doubt in that. But the design of everything within would be stripped clean and redone; that included the dancers and the rules Georgie had for them. Anything regards to the Open Arms would be up to the girls; they did not have to do the odd jobs if they chose not to. He eventually hired four more dancers: Nina, Clover, Ginger and Abby. Nerissa trained them, not Georgie. Within a week, the new and improved Pudding & Pie opened. Georgie even took Henry's advice and created 'gay' night on Mondays; both he and Hans were allowed to dance that night. Hans was thrilled to start dancing onstage, even if it was on only gay night. during this time, Vivian showed up once. Her attempt to gain Georgie's trust and love failed.

"Please, Georgie! Give me a chance! I...I was YOUR girl! I made sacrifices...I lost friends because of this place! And this dog shows up, shows her tits and suddenly you're in love?! Please, Georgie..."

During this time, Georgie sat at his desk, looking through papers. He looked up once.Suddenly, the mere thought of Vivian left a bad taste in his mouth.

"Vivian. I thank you for all your time spent here at the club with me. But this is MY FUCKING CLUB! You were lucky to not do what the other fucking girls did. I gave you a chane to be loyal but you were too damn fucking insecure and selfish for your own good. Fuck off."

Vivian stormed off that day and was never seen agian. Nerissa from time to time tries calling but just like Lyla's attempts to contact Gren, they always failed. After awhile, she stopped trying. Lyla still tried getting a hold of Gren; she had different reasons but would never tell Georgie about them. As she sat at the bar one day, she was suddenly swept with a strange sensation, She stood up and looked over at Hans, who had stopped sweeping to look at Lyla. She was now holding her lower abdomen, the sensation of vomiting creeping up on her.

"Lyla....Lyla, are you ok?"

Hans ran to her aid, grabbed her by the hand and quickly to her to the restroom. she continued to pull him after her.

"Lyla, wait! I can't go in there-"

"Oh Hans, shutup! Not like you're going to do a damn thing! I need-"

Lyla ran to the stall, got on her knees and leaned into the toilet. Within a few seconds, she was vomiting; this reminded her of that movie 'The Exorcist' and she tried laughing but was interrupted with another wave of sickness. What the hell was wrong with her? All she could think was Henry; he had been very sick the day before. But this sick sensation had been with her for days; just today it seemed to be getting worse.

"Hans, please go get Georgie for me...."

Hans was gone and within seconds, Georgie was by her side. In his hand, he held his phone and quickly dialed Dr. Swinheart's number. If anyone could detect her condition, this man would. Dr. Swineheart made his way to the Pudding & Pie; Bigby and John not too far behind. First to arrive was John and the sheriff. They found Lyla laying down in her bed. John touched her forehead but it was not what he was expecting. Her temperature was the same. Dr. Swineheart finally arrived and took a seat next to Lyla. He did the usual routine: checked temperature, vital signs. He was stunned. He reached into his bag and pulled out a jar of crushed berries. He took out a hefty amount.

"I'm going to need a warm glass of water, please."

"Why? What's wrong with my daughter?!"

"John...please. Georgie."

Georgie retuned minutes later with the glass he requested. Swineheart sprinkled the berries inside and within seconds, the water was a dark red. He stirred in the remains and gave the glass to Lyla.

"Drink this, my dear. I'm going to need to be alone with Lyla, please. I have to have silence and uh, not an audience."

By now, half the club was standing in the doorway. Georgie was not pleased with this.

"Fuck that! i'm not leaving her!"

"Georgie, please. Just do what the doctor said...."

Eventually, everyone left but Georgie didn't go far; the sheriff and John as well stayed close. After Lyla finished drinking the liquid, Swineheart took out a needle and another bottle; this one had clear liquid inside, almost like water.

"I'm going to take a blood sample from you, Lyla. This liquid inside of this bottle will detect my theory and we see if I'm right."

"Why....what is it?"

"Just hold still, Lyla."

Swinheart inserted the needle quickly into Lyla's arm, drew out blood and placed it in the liquid. They both watched; Lyla unsure as to what she was looking at. In seconds, the liquid turned a salmon color. He smiled.

'Well, i was right. Congratulations, Miss Lyla."

"Congratulations...."

Georgie, Bigby and John returned to the room. John and Georgie rushed to Lyla's side.

"What's wrong with her, doctor? Is my daughter going to be ok?"

"Oh, she will be fine. She is pregnant. Look at your stone, Georgie."

As Georgie looked down, sure enough it was yellow. He took the stone out of his pocket and held it up. He smiled and looked over at Lyla. He ran to her side and held her close. Georgie kissed her forehead and the two placed their hands on her belly.

"I'm...I'm pregnant!"

While they were caught up in the moment of celebrating, Bigby took John to the side. He had a concerned look on his face.

"You know what this means, right John? Snow, Mayor Cole and I can try our best and do OUR part. I'm more worried about the council and how they will react to this...how Fables and folkers alike will take this. This is going to mean paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork. That baby...god forbid it's not, not..."

"Let's forget about that for a moment, Bigby. Let's enjoy this....before they have to realize what that means."

So, for a few moments, everyone forgot about rules, Fables and Folkers. But both Georgie and Lyla already had this thought running in their mind. They already knew trouble was coming from both sides. Lyla just secretly prayed her side wouldn't be too much trouble but that was already asking too much.
  • edited May 2014
    I really had fun typing out this chapter, I hope all of you enjoy!

Chapter 4: Bloody Good Eatin'

Snow sighed. "Look, man up and try and look presentable when we DO get to Fabletown, okay? We've only got an hour or two left before it becomes afternoon." She looked at her watch again, turned the keys in the ignition and they were off. Tezoth was still trying to get comfortable in the seat he was in.

"Is that an order coming from you, Miss White?"

"Yes, Tezoth, it is. Otherwise? I turn back around and you get to meet your Farm buddies again."

Grumbling under his breath, he turned the rear-view mirror towards him, slicking back his somewhat messy hair. He then turned to Snow. "Better?"

"Better." She grinned. "...Wait, shhh, I hear something." Tez looked at Snow in confusion and started to hear it too. The engine started to sputter, the radiator started to hiss, while the car began to move slower and slower. Snow pulled over to the side of the road, the car coming to a complete halt. "Fucking great, now we're definitely gonna be late, I just hope that Cole understands our predicament when we do get to Fabletown."

"Cole? As in King Cole was a merry old soul?"

"Mmm-hmm. That's him, dragon, and many other Fables that you might be familiar with. But that isn't a thing we should discuss right now. What we should be discussing right now is how in the hell will I get this damn truck working again! ...I'll be right back, and keep those glasses on!" She went out the door on her side and opened up the hood, smoke came out everywhere. Snow coughed for a minute straight, closing the hood furiously, she went back into the car and turned over to Tez.

"Well, bad news: the car engine is shot and the radiator overheated. However, the good news is that I saw some sort of diner slash gas station not too far ahead. I suggest we go over there for now, hungry?"

Tez chuckled. "Been starving since yesterday, Snow."

Snow smiled a little and got out. "Well, come on then." He acknowledged and got out of the truck to follow her.

After a silent, brief walk over to the roadside establishment. Snow and Tez went in, both eager to order their food.

"Hi, welcome to the Glutton Kingdom. This jester's name is: Mike. May I show you to a booth or table? Sir and madam?

"Well, Mike, me and my male friend here would love to have a booth." Mike nodded. "Follow me, then."

Tezoth began to follow the greeter while Snow grabbed him by the arm, whispering in his ear. This had caught him by surprise. "Tez, remember, keep your glasses on, alright? We don't want any Mundies seeing your eyes." The dragon thief nodded, and went over to the booth the greeter was standing next to. Whilst Snow went to the gas station portion of the place and talked to the mechanic at the register concerning their truck problem.

The Mundy greeter handed Tez a menu, leaving a menu on Snow's side. "Our waitress, Mary, will be with you shortly." The Glamoured dragon grabbed his menu after the Mundy had left, browsing through the various food selections of which he was impressed with. Snow finally walked over after her long, tedious talk with the mechanic up front, sitting herself down in the booth. Taking a breath of relaxation, she had looked around the scenic diner, which had oddly reminded her of the Homelands. Snow didn't even bother grabbing the menu that lay in front of her.

A waitress walked over, clearing her throat, this had caught Snow White by surprise. "...My name is Mary, I'll be handling your orders this morning, may I start you two off with a drink?"

Snow regained her senses and looked quickly at the menu. "Umm, I'll have a frosted apple cider, please." Mary smiled as she wrote down her order. "Interesting choice. And you, sir?" She looked at him with a piercing glare.

"Hmmm." Tezoth did the same. "You got any beer?"

"No, not at this hour, sir."

"Hmmm, I'll have a cup of coffee then."

"Got it, sir. Oh, before I forget, our specials for today are our 'Poisonous Apple Pie', which consists of apple slices baked smack-dab into a pie, with a light sugar coating on the top, to give it that extra flavor. And 'Dragon's Tongue', our most popular dish. Basically, it is a bagel sandwich that contains bacon, eggs, ham, the works."

Tezoth added. "The Poisonous Apple Pie sounds delicious." Snow looked at him weird.

"I'll just have a cheese and ham omelet, thank you."

"Got it, Miss." She smiled and took both of their menus. "Wait should be about 20 minutes."

Tezoth noticed when Snow began glaring at the waitress as she walked away.

"Uh, Miss White? You look like you've seen a ghost..."

"She looked oddly familiar, like I've seen that 'Mundy' waitress before. Somewhere."

"Miss White? Are you sure you're okay?" Tez tried reaching for her hand, only for his right hand to get stabbed by a fork instead.

"GAH, SNOW, WHAT THE HELL!?" A couple of Mundies and staff looked over at their booth to see what was going on.

"Don't touch me, dragon, now keep it down."

The waitress came over again and gasped. "By the Queen, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine, uggh, just need to pull it out..."

"Hey, why don't you do that in the men's restroom? I'll ask one of the mechanics to call an ambulance to come over here, pronto."

"Yes, you go do that. Mary." Snow gave her a cold stare. Completely ignoring her, the waitress placed their drinks on the table. Tez walked over to the bathroom and went in, ignoring Snow altogether.

He felt his body lose blood quickly, he stumbled over to the sink, nearly tripping on the slippery tile floor.

"Fucking bitch, Goldilocks was right about her. I should have declined her offer, all I did was try and comfort her." The dragon looked in the mirror, as he took off his glasses while he placed them gently on the edge of the sink.

"Now, now, you shouldn't talk about your friend like that."

"Huh, who said that? Show yourself!"

Tez turned around, his left hand still covering the wound on his right from the fork.

A faint laugh echoed throughout the empty bathroom as the lights flickered on and off, blood started to ooze from the cracks in the ceiling.

"By all that is holy..." He turned around again to face the mirror, only to see a transparent apparition float behind him.

"Do you know who I am, dragon?" Her ghostly self hovered above the floor a bit, eyeing him as if she was about to rip out his intestines. Tez was scared, he didn't know what to do, fear prevented him to turn into his dragon form, so he had no choice but to simply answer.

"Well, j-judging from the blood on the walls, and your g-ghostly self, you are B-bloody Mary."

"Right you are, dragon of old. Now. Why is a dragon, such as your 'scaly' self, doing in a Mundy establishment like this?"

"H-heh, I'm just enjoying the nice hospitality they have in store for me at this dump, I've worked a killer hunger." He was slowly gaining his confidence back, bit by bit.

"Don't fuck around with me, dragon. I know who you are. All I need to know is that what in the hell you're doing here with Snow White."

"What's it to you, bitch?"

"Rawr, feisty for a dragon, aren't ya? I love it." She placed her ghostly arms through him, reaching for the sink as she put the glasses back around Tezoth's head.

"Well, back to my question since you responded in such a gentlemanly manner..."

"What are you doing here, exactly?" Take your time, there is absolutely no rush at all."

"Fuck. Off. Bloody bitch."

"Wrong answer." Mary turned into her physical form, which had caught Tezoth by surprise. She then grabbed the fork that was dug into Tez's hand and pulled it straight out, causing him to fall to the floor screaming in pain.

"What a waste of my goddamn time, fucking useless, is what you are." Mary clenched the fork out of annoyance and dropped it near him.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got more customers to serve on my shift, and it's off to see the Crooked Man shortly after. Say any word of this event to Snow White and you'll wish I would have killed you in this bathroom. I will be in touch." Surprised and weak, he saw Bloody Mary evaporate into mist before his very eyes. He got up after the painful removal of the fork, only to find out that his wound somehow quickly healed. The lights stopped flickering while the blood began to disappear from the walls.

Tez looked deeply into the mirror as he clutched the sink, he sighed and slowly washed his hands. "Shit."

END, of Chapter 4.
  • Part 7

The Wolven and the injured Draco meet the others back at the house. Irene rush to Draco and tends to his wounds with her magic. "Draco, you're going to get yourself killed"

"Calm down Irene, Im fine. Wheres Marco?"

"Out hunting, he is a vampire you know...a perverted, narcissistic vampire.."

"What is with you two Irene, I mean it's like you both are in.."

"DON'T SAY IT DRACO. I DON'T LOVE THAT PERVERT. JUST DON'T EVEN."

"Ok ok, ouch my arm... my bad. I won't bring it up again...."

"*Sigh* You know Draco, there was I time when me and Marco actually got together, that time has passed. And now he is different ever since he went to that 'Fabletown' a few years back. It change him."

"Fabletown..."

"Yeah I heard a lot of messed up things happened there and ...." Irene before she is interrupted by Dewloren.

"Ok lads it's time to set off, were going a one way ticket so if you have to use the restroom knows the time... and wheres that vampire fella?"

"Sup" Marco as he jumps from a tree.

"Oh good, now then. Wolven and Viera is waiting for you down the road. Since walking to the fortress will take at least 3 days i'm going to use a spell to transport you all there. I can't bring you back directly with it but I'm sure you all have a plan to get out... gwarhhohoho"

"Of course" Irene as she walks away.

"Fine by me are you ready for this Draco?" Marco as he looks at Draco.

Draco stands up and looks down the road and says in a strongs courageous tone, "Lets go get my father back"

The group meets down the road and Dewloren prepares the spell to transport them to the stronghold in the ruins of the dragon empire Garraz.. Dewloren tells them to stand still and the spell activates. "Goodluck and get out of there alive" Dewloren as the group teleports.

The group arrives at the out skirts of the stronghold. In the farther background lies the ruins of the fallen empire. This place use to be so beautiful where dragons, wyverns and other dragon like creatures soared the skies. The great palace lies at the fall end of the canyon, shrouded in rubble and ruin.

"There it is everyone, this is where Aizaax reign of terror ends. I hope you all a ready." Wolven as he turns to the group.

"Shits about to hit the fan" Marco as he cracks his knuckles.

"Let's just get this over with so I can watch game of thrones" Irene as she ties her hair up.

Viera stares at the dark stronghold silent as Draco takes her hand and says "We can do this Viera. Were going to get your sister back and stop Aizaax."

Viera nods and then the group begins the walk through the canyon towards the dark fortress expecting anything.

"Wow this is kinda epic, were like the avengers!" Marco joking.

"Shut up marco and focus." Irene as she smacks Marco.

Meanwhile in the fortress Aizaax watches as the group approaches. He then walks over and changes from his suit to his battle armor. He then commands his minions to prepare for battle then he walks over to the balcony where a woman is being held in a chamber and then begin casting a spell...

To be continued to part 8
  • Thanks. I myself have never been to the Grand Canyon, but from what I've heard, it does go a little like what I said. The DiCaprio was something that popped in my head as I wrote because I needed a reason for Rose to absolutely despise it.

Brilliant! The DiCaprio and popcorn throwing was rather amusing, and your description of the Grand Canyon at sunset seemed very accurate. Very enjoyable.

• edited May 2014
    Part 16 Lyla Smith

"Days"

I TRIED placing the link to a pic of Georgie and Lyla. Hopefully it shows up....if not....:(

Days went by and Lyla's belly grew. Georgie was still having a hard time believing he was going to be a father. He of all people HATED kids and anything related to family. Georgie always promised himself to die alone; this club was all he needed in life. Or, so he thought. Something big and life changing like this spreads like a disease and before long, word was all over Fabletown that Georgie Porgie was a father to be. At first, no one knew the mother was Lyla Smith. Many assumed he got one of the dancers pregnant. That is, until one day, the new dancer Nina from the club said her name; she didn't mean to, just excitement got the best of her. The poor girl was just so happy! Sonner had Lyla's name escaped Nina's mouth, the entire town was calling. Especially the Folkers. John's worst nightmare was coming true.

Bigby, Snow and even Mayor Cole worked around the clock trying to ease everyone's concerns and bury this problem once and for all. But the folkers would not be beaten that easily; one of their own not only decided to take a chance and sleep with a Fable but now, she was pregnant with his offspring. David was the first to call John; at first, he denied the rumors. But David was not easily fooled and the very next day, he was at the Business Office. Snow and Bigby were not pleased to see him there. But what could they do? She WAS a Folker.

"John. I'm not a stupid man and you know it. I don't appreciate this ring around the fucking rosie you have going on here! I KNOW about Lyla and the baby she is carrying. It belongs to a Fable, huh?"

John continued to sit in his seat, drinking his large cup of coffee. He refused to answer; David was the one playing stupid. He knew what was taking place. Snow and Bigby walked over to David and offered him a cool refreshment. He refused it. David did not like Fables and he was not about to drink from the same cup as them. John may have looked past it all but not David; he never say the world through rose colored glasses. That was John's job and he did it very well.

"John. I know what you must be thinking-I'm here to cause more problems for you and your family but that is far from the truth. You see, we had this discussion not too long ago about this situation, remember? Both Lyla AND Georgie just 'forgot' to mention to us that they were seeing each other? Well, anyways you know this story so I'm going to skip the bullshit and start off with this: She has to sign the papers, John. Her and that boy-"

Bigby snarled at David. He looked up and saw Bigby's eyes slowly change.

"That BOY is Georgie. Just remember, David-he's a FABLE; we have half as much of a say as you do, if not more."

"Of course, Sheriff. I agree with you on that. However, your rules in regards to mates and breeding are just a little bit different then ours. You know that, John, don't you? We now have to document everything-the birth, the child, gender, what type..."

Snow interrupted David. She was not having this in HER office.

"What TYPE? So, if that child DOES showcase similarities to a Fable, you're going to what, send it away?! I thought only if the child was a threat to the community-"

"Miss White, please. No harm will come to the child. What that means is, I have to find out if the child can stay here or with us-"

"You WILL NOT take my grandchild away, you hear me?! I don't care WHAT that baby is; he or she will be raised HERE with both the parents! You want to document, that's fine; I ALREADY know about this! But so help you, if you do anything-"

John's cup was on the ground; it had shattered and the pieces scattered all about. John was semi changed; the beast within was coming through. And sadly, no matter how much they could try, Snow or Bigby could not stop him. They didn't have the device that calms John down. By the time they retrieved it, David would be nothing but a bloody pile of mush. David simply stood up and pulled out a large document. Stapled to the back were their records on Lyla; they had nothing recorded for Georgie. That's were the Business Office came in.

"John, I'd be lying if I didn't want that baby OR your daughter out of this retched filthy town. This is no place for a Folker and I really wish you'd come back to the Council. But, you've made up your mind and I respect that. However, you know the rules. THEY can handle Georgie how they feel fit. We, however, want both her AND Georgie to fill these papers out, sign and return. When the baby is born, we will be by to take down notes and document the baby's first 6 months of life. You already knew this, John. We did do this to all the girls. Remember Gina-"

John grabbed the documents and shoved them in his desk. He didn't say a word to David; simply starred at him and growled. Suddenly, Bigby was doing the same. Snow tried calming them both down but they were too far gone. David smiled, gathered his things, thanked Snow and headed out the door.

"Oh, John. This could have been so much easier, on all of you. Toodles. See you in 8 months."

John sat back down and tried calming himself down. He took out the papers; this was only making things worse and he could feel his heart racing. Snow slowly walked behind him and took a glance at the documents.

"They...they really won't do that, will they John? I mean, I know what they do to children and people that can't abide by the rules of the community. But-"

"Let's just hope that baby inside of her will, I hate to say this, be like Georgie...."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lyla was upstairs in her room, sitting in a rocking chair and sipping some tea. It was a cool, crisp afternoon and she was enjoying the sudden peace and quiet. Usually this made her uneasy but lately, it wasn't. He continued rocking and rubbing her belly; it was growing at an alarming rate and at only one month, people thought she was further. This week Dr. Swineheart was going to make a visit and examine her. He would be bringing along a Voodoo Priestess named Lola; she was an older African american women in her early 100's. Even though she was blind, he always had her help in cases of Fables and Folkers mating and babies being the outcome. She knew EVERYTHING there was to these kinds of things.

Lyla closed her eyes and pictured what the baby would look like; would it be a Fable or Folker and would it look like her or Georgie? So far, everyone was saying the gender would be a girl. Georgie wanted a son; he wanted a mini version of himself. The thought of a mini Georgie in diapers and a bowler hat made her giggle. Both John and Bigby claimed he would have NOTHING but daughters because of his, umm, past. Georgie and the two would argue for hours about this. Only ones saying a boy were Georgie and her mother.

'WHAT? I had nothing but girls. A little boy wouldn't be so bad, even coming from Georgie.'

Hans and Henry were already decorating a little nursery just down the hall. You would think they were the ones pregnant; Hans bought a crib, some clothes, a few toys and several packs of diapers. Henry had a changing table assembled and the baby shower ALREADY planned. At first, she tried assuring them that any help she needed, they would be the first. No use. During this time, Lyla's mind founds its way back to Gren. She had not seen or spoke to him since the incident in his apartment. She tried calling several more times but the same happened. Even Bigby tried asking around; Holly, Jack and Woody all had the same answers: He had not been around in awhile. Lyla knew that was a lie but what could she do? She was sure the news of her pregnancy made its way to Gren; Holly and the others knew. At first, there was some tension; Jack and Woody spoke to Lyla but not Holly. She was certain her relationship with Holly had ended but last week she showed up at the club with a plush troll doll.

"I want that little baby, no matter what anyone says, to know he or she is loved, especially by her Auntie Holly."

That little plush toy sits now directly above the crib on a shelf. She just wished that somehow, Gren would show up and the two could talk and fix all of this. Suddenly, the door to her room opened and there stood Georgie; the color of his face white as a ghost.

"Georgie....Georgie, what is it?"

"They...they found the old witch. Someone...someone killed her....They want to ask questions and discuss the papers the council sent us..."

Of course, more papers. Lyla, with the help of Georgie, walked down the stairs and found everyone, including the people at the club, sitting in the lounge. Lyla took a seat with Georgie next to her father and Bigby. Her father had the same color as Georgie's face; this was starting to make Lyla very uncomfortable.

"Daddy, what is it? What happened...the witch-"

John dug into his pocket and took out a napkin; Lyla's heart sunk deep into her stomach and she wanted to cry. She couldn't breather for a second, as her eyes focused on the napkin-the napkin she had given Gren the day they met.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Gren and Vivian took a break at a diner to eat. Gren never went back to his apartment. Instead, he was staying at the bar. He knew Lyla was looking for him but who cares. Vivian looked at Gren; he was very pale, his hair was fading and his eyes looked glassy. He looked terrible.

"Gren, sweetie. I really think you should go see a doctor...."

Gren got up and slowly walked out the diner. Vivian paid for the meal and quickly followed him; Gren was in a dark alley starring up towards the sky. The wind picked up suddenly and Gren reached into his pocket. He still had the picture of Lyla. Why? Hell, even Gren couldn't understand why.

"Ok, Gren. Come on. We have to-Gren?"

In his other hand, Gren held a shot gun. Vivian froze; she slowly walked up to him, calling his name. Gren turned around; the saddest, most lonely heartbroken face looked back at Vivian. With every last strength he had, Gren held the gun to his head.

"GREN! NO-"

He pulled the trigger and his body slumped to the floor. Vivian ran to his side and screamed for help. In his other hand, he continued holding Lyla's picture.
  • edited May 2014
    Phew! I'm finally done typing out the rest of chapter 4. I think you guys will like the bathroom scene that I did especially!
  • Can't wai to read it! :)

Phew! I'm finally done typing out the rest of chapter 4. I think you guys will like the bathroom scene that I did especially!

• Enjoy, dude! :D

Can't wai to read it! :)

• edited May 2014
    Shit, dude! I THOUGHT the first time you mentioned Mary it would be our lovely Bloody Mary herself. Man....makes me never want a waitress named Mary OR use the men's room again. Great ending! Can't wait to see if Tezoth spills the beans to Snow.

I really had fun typing out this chapter, I hope all of you enjoy! Chapter 4: Bloody Good Eatin' Snow sighed. "Look, man up and tr

• edited May 2014
    It was Bloody Mary herself, actually! She was disguised as the waitress the whole time, took their orders and everything! That's why Snow was sort of suspicious of her. :P I thought it would also be a great twist as well!

Shit, dude! I THOUGHT the first time you mentioned Mary it would be our lovely Bloody Mary herself. Man....makes me never want a waitress named Mary OR use the men's room again. Great ending! Can't wait to see if Tezoth spills the beans to Snow.

• Chapter One - Fabletown.

I ran like hell, my paws hitting the ground with each step I ran. My breaths were jagged, as if my lungs were not accepting the oxygen from the air. Fabletown rested in my gaze as I neared it, my feelings becoming desperate. Almost there, I thought to myself as it came more into focus. There were large skyscrapers, mundanes roaming the streets down below. It was an actual town! The night sky complimented the lit-up city beautifully. I stopped, morphing back into my human form. Pain shot through my body as my bones began to shrink, to fit my mundy form. "Damnit." The word flew from my lips as I stretched my arms, attempting to rid the lingering pain in them.

I approached the city, although my clothes were ripped to shreds because of my morphing before. A few mundanes caught sight of me, letting out screams. It took me a moment to realize that I was actually naked. "Ah fuck." I said, beginning to back away from them. I bumped into something firm, cutting off further way to create distance, causing me to turn around. A man with brown combed hair stared at me. He had brown khakis on, a white collared shirt, and brown shoes. His skin tone matched mine; same as his eye color. "Now, don't you think it's rude to let your member hang out?" He asked in a tone which basically informed me that he was being funny.

A name tag was attached to his shirt, displaying, "Sheriff Bigby." I thought I was immediately screwed. His hand curled around my arm, leading me into this sort of office building. He sure had a grip. I assumed it'd be the law enforcement precinct; I may not have been born living under mundane circumstances but I certainly read about them before. I couldn't remember when, though. You'd think someone would be able to remember reading about a species other than your own! Sure enough, the information was buried inside of my memory. He shoved me in a room, disappearing around a corner. For a second, I thought he was leaving with the door open. But he came back, throwing a few clothes at me, "Change." His demanding tone made a growl slip out, but I put the clothes on anyway.

Bigby led me to a mirror around the corner to examine myself. I wore a black button up shirt, with dark blue-black khakis. Also, for my feet, I wore these black dress shoes. I looked decent enough -- but formality wasn't my type of style. Still, you get what you get. For a moment, I gazed at the clothes. Why was he doing this? Casting my eyes to his face in the mirror, I tilted my head curiously. Bigby stood beside me; the mirror was wide enough just to capture both of us. My hair was blonde, curling around the sides but mostly at the front. [ [url=http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/8f/36/59/8f36594387cd694e90a207e3aa464075.jpg] Click here. [/url] ] My irises were slightly dark golden -- identical to Bigby's. He stared at me through the reflections in the mirror, just as I did to him. As I mentioned earlier, our skin tones matched, but why? Why did we look alike slightly? Could it be beca- my train of thought was cut off by someone entering the building. It was a woman, blonde hair, green eyes. "Bigby! We need your help!" She exclaimed, her eyes filled with worry.

"What's wrong?" Bigby asked, redirecting his attention from me to the female. "There's been a murder." She answered and ran out, Bigby following right on her heels. I followed them both, predicting about what kind of murder it was. Maybe someone had their organs taken out. Or their legs and arms were in the wrong sockets! The body, however, was different from any of my predictions. The body was cut in half, but the top half was missing. How the hell were we supposed to identify who this was?! The bottom part of the body had long pale legs, blue translucent heels that fit the feet perfectly. What looked like a lower half of a dress was attached to a high point, concealing the female's private area and high thighs. "Cinderella." Bigby spoke out loud just as a smell ran into my nose. The body's scent smelled of a rich perfume. I knelt down, sniffing more; much to Bigby's dismay. "Aye' pal. What are you doing?" He asked, causing me to stand up. "I can smell her," I explained, although Bigby continued eyeing me, "Her scent."

Bigby grabbed me by the arm once more, leading me into an alley not too far from the crime scene. "What the hell are you?" He asked in a forceful tone, his grip on my arm tightening. I attempted to ignore the pain. "You could call me by my name -- Brannon, NGH!" His grip tightened more. "What. Are. You?!" He asked once more. I grit my teeth, a hand moving to curl around his wrist. Before I knew it, I was prying his hand off my arm with my enhanced weretiger-inherited strength. He was strong though! What was HE? I shoved him backwards, feeling my irises flash red. Bigby glared at me, but his jaw slightly hung agape. "Tell me!" He ordered, causing me to growl. "Leave me alone, Bigby." For the first time, I actually said his name out of my mouth. It felt familiar to me. He let out a long growl, before walking out of the alleyway. But whilst he was leaving, he said, "I will find out." Then he left me there, confused about whether this was really the right place for me or not.

[ Sorry for the wait! ]
  • edited May 2014
    Part 8

The continued to approach the dreary fortress only to be stop by a wendigo, the very same one that attacked Draco the first time back at the forest. It demanded that the group go no farther and surrender or perish.

"That's far enough weaklings. Your journey ends here, you might as well save yourself the trouble of a painful death and give up now" The beast said in a authoritative tone.

"Go fuck yourself" Marco as he walks ahead.

"You forced my hand, which was inevitable. Very well. KILL THEM ALL!"

The group is suddenly is surrounded by wendigo's and as they draw near Wolven yells at the top to the wendigo boss, "YOU FORGOT ONE THING, BEAST."

"What is that?" The wendigo boss asked.

"MY PACK!"

Suddenly, rain of flaming arrows fell from the top canyons piercing the wendigo bosses army killing a some of them. Then, wolfs charged down from the canyon and began a onslaught on the wendigo's.

"What is the meaning of this???? YOU FUCKING HELL HOUND! I'LL TEAR YOU TO SHREDS" The wendigo boss as he lunges towards Wolven.

Wolven avoids it's attack and tells the group to go forward and remember what we came here for. Draco nods and he, Viera, Irene and Marco proceeds and enters the dark fortress. They arrive in the main hall. It decorated in red and dark fabrics. A piano lies at the very center of the room between 2 stair cases leading upstairs. Draco looks around while trying to figure out where to go next.

"Hmm ok once we find my dad, Viera's sister and disable Aizaax spell get the hell out of here. We should split "

"Uhh I don't think that's a good ide..." Irene before being interrupted by Marco

"Me and Irene cover this floor? Cool." Marco as he lifts Irene onto his back and dashes away down the long hallway.

"Guess that leaves you and me Viera. Now if I was a tyrannical maniac, where would I be?"

"Sitting and a throne like a fucking moron" Viera as she walks to the staircase.

"Right.." Draco as he follows her.

Meanwhile outside that battle rages on. The archers and wolfs are overwhelming the wendigo army, leaving the wendigo boss to let out a very unpleasant wail. This caused the smaller wendigo to transform into more powerful versions similar to their boss.

"Damn it..." Wolven as he watches in horror.

"Oh Wolven, you should be more concern about whats infront of you. And what my master will do to your prodigy..."

"He's more powerful than you and your master. NOW ENOUGH TALK! DIE!" Wolven as he tackles the wendigo boss to the ground and begins to tear flesh from it.

Draco and Viera arrives at the top. They walk towards the door and opens its. Behind it is a long hallway and it the very end is a red door with a demonic head on it.

"That must be the room... it has to be."

"Lets go Draco."

The two walks forwards but suddenly 2 wraiths appear in front of them. One wields a sword the other knuckles is covered in purple flames. They take a battle stance and say, " You want our master? Then you have to go through ush first.... all of us.." The wraith with the purple flames multiplied into 10 clones and charged at Draco. Viera pulled him out of the way and then unsheathed her sword and said a chant.

"Kasai gōsutoshīru!"

Then the two ghost drops to their knee's and evaporates.

"That was close...goo call Viera."

"Save your energy Draco, you know whats waiting for us behind that door.

Then two walks to end of the hallway and force the door open. They enter seeing the room empty but then Draco gets a feeling. He turns to the right and runs over to the balcony.

"Dad!"

Draco looks for a way down to the chamber where his father is being held but a voice echoes across the room.

"Well finally meet at last, son of Delphantez"

Draco and Viera turns around and to Aizaax sitting on his throne.

"You must be the fucker we are looking for." Draco as he walks towards Aizaax.

"Where is my sister Aizaax" Viera demanded.

Aizaax gets up walks over to a curtains and shows Draco and Viera a woman behind it. She it held up by magical chains.

"Nisa!" Viera as she relieved to finally see her sister again before Aizaax traps Viera in the same spell.

"Now to make things more 'dramatic'." Aizaax as he activates a device lighting a fuse leading to TNT in the chamber where Draco's father is being held.

"NO!" Draco as his eyes glow and his body is surround by an fiery aura.

"Now. I'll leave you with a dilemma. Save your father or save these two. You can only pick one and I assure you someone is going to die. .... AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA"

"You sick son of a bitch..."

To be continued to part 9
  • edited May 2014
    As long as it's quality, it's all good, no matter how long the wait! Great stuff, Tonyrome!

Chapter One - Fabletown. I ran like hell, my paws hitting the ground with each step I ran. My breaths were jagged, as if my lungs were

• I've never been either, and it's a nice touch as it makes things seem more in our world.

Thanks. I myself have never been to the Grand Canyon, but from what I've heard, it does go a little like what I said. The DiCaprio was something that popped in my head as I wrote because I needed a reason for Rose to absolutely despise it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.