Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Ooh, suspenseful! I like it.
    Scribz posted: »

It certainly was, but the question is, how did the butcher get his hands on it?...

• Haha, perhaps the pressure will help!
    Markd4547 posted: »

No think your story will be best on the thread probably best ever written no pressure btw lol

• Kind of makes me wish for a Mandible reference to him in the game now, especially as, from a certain perspective, he'd make a fine villain.

Chapter Two: A Web of Deceit The rain hammered down on Mandible as he clung to the high walls of the dark alley where he was to meet th

• A thank you to yourself! After all, it is your (Huff & Puff smoking and blood-red wine drinking) self who created the thread and gave us the blank page.

(I sit near my fireplace, as I calmly sip some of my finest, blood-red wine) My, my. All of these stories. Such adventures! Written wi

• You may add, and it is appreciated :)

A mysteriously intriguing continuation, if I may add. :)

• Thank you for the compliments!

Beautifully written. Good read. Looking forward to the next chapter.

• Glad the detail was noticed and thanks!

More please very intelligent writing love the attention to detail with your descriptions making sure always set the scene at every moment. This was quality but need MOAR please brilliant well done

• edited May 2014
    That was epic and made me feel so special hope thinking of my stories as well when writing this lol I still hold the record on this thread of being first story on the thread and contributed most stories and so honored and proud to see what this thread became I was here from the start when this legendary thread began

(I sit near my fireplace, as I calmly sip some of my finest, blood-red wine) My, my. All of these stories. Such adventures! Written wi

• I wanted to make a really dark character. And as arachnophobia is the most common of all, I felt what better fable villain than a giant spider confined to a humans body, with an insatiable hunger.

I'm glad you like the character so far, I've got some really interesting ideas for how to continue the story. But it will continue tomorrow when I am not quite so half-asleep.
    LupineNoir posted: »

Kind of makes me wish for a Mandible reference to him in the game now, especially as, from a certain perspective, he'd make a fine villain.

• edited May 2014
    Mark, you are too kind! :) And thanks for sticking to this thread like glue! Or like peanut butter layered on top of jelly. XD

That was epic and made me feel so special hope thinking of my stories as well when writing this lol I still hold the record on this thread o

• edited May 2014
    Indeed! You can help yourself to some wine if you wish, Noir, you've earned it! Including the others! XP
    LupineNoir posted: »

A thank you to yourself! After all, it is your (Huff & Puff smoking and blood-red wine drinking) self who created the thread and gave us the blank page.

• Aw, thanks! Y'know, I was thinking about writing a new one, but I need to do some brain organization. It'll most likely expand upon my previous story, maybe from another POV. Heck, maybe I'll incorporate movie night into it! Also, sorry I wasn't there for Horror Friday, I was busy all day that day and totally forgot!

• edited May 2014
    That would be awesome if you do consider making more tales, Em! And It's okay, I forgive you. :D Though I was wondering that day, "Where was her post when she said that she couldn't wait for Horror Friday?" Oh well, you can still technically post on there if you still want to, but if you decide not to, then that's fine!
    EMMYPESS posted: »

Aw, thanks! Y'know, I was thinking about writing a new one, but I need to do some brain organization. It'll most likely expand upon my previ

• edited May 2014
    -Moving Day-

"Are you sure you don't want to bring some of the toys you loved to play with?" My mother, The North Wind, asks.

"No mommy. I'm a grown adult now. I don't need toys."

"But you still call me mommy," She teases.

"Hey, I can't grow up ALL the way, yet!"

Just then, my brother Dare bursts in holding his plane in the air, pretending to fly it. He then jumps and zooms through the air, just like the rest of my brothers and me can do.

"Vrooooooom! Look mommy, I can fly the plane! Maybe Ranger Danger Mike could fly planes if he wasn't a cowboy! Wouldn't that be cool?"

My mother sighs and shakes her head,"Get down and wash your hands for dinner. We're having pizza and your grandmother wants to see you before she leaves with Harmony."

"Pizza! Whoopie! Pizza!"

He races downstairs and I can hear him cheering the way down.

"Oh, pizza? You guys always told me how good it is. I'm excited to try it!" I tell my mother.

"He's as rambunctious as the uncle he were named after. You should go wash your hands and meet me in the dining room. There's pepperoni and plain."

I walk down a few moments later and can hear the clamor of dishes and plates, and the conversation between my brothers and my grandma. They keep talking about the Galaxy Wars TV show and Ranger Danger Mike.
    I take a seat in between Raine and Ellis, who are stuffing their faces with cheese and dissecting the pepperoni off to eat afterwards.

"Why get the pepperoni slice if you won't eat it on the pizza?"

"Because I like pepperoni but not on pizza so I eat it separate," explains Raine.

"Oh. Should I do that too?"

"If you want. I don't care."

I pull a slice from the box in front of me and shove the corner of it in my mouth. My mother and grandma talk lowly to each other while the boys go on about the newest episode of Sponge Rob Space Pants. I feel out of place. Maybe it's a good thing I'm moving to Fabletown.

An hour goes by of talking and goofing around. Snow gets up and wipes the crumbs off her lap.

"Ready sweatheart?" She asks me.

"Yeah. Let me get my bags."

Upon reaching the bedroom, I noticed a teddy bear peaking out of the opening of my suitcase. I smile and zipper it closed. At the entrance to the icy castle is a magic carpet, because Snow can't fly like us. Before we embark, I hug my mom goodbye and kiss my brothers on their foreheads.

"I'll come back to visit often, don't worry! And I'll see you back at the Farm, mommy."

"Okay. Wave your sister goodbye, boys."

Their little hands wave back and forth and I can see tears welling in their eyes.

"Don't worry. Mommy will take you up every once in a while and you'll get to see my house!"

I climb onto the carpet even though I don't really have to. Soon enough, we are on our way back to the Farm.

"We'll stay here so you can see your relatives and your mom for one last time."

"Okay Gram."

She sighs,"It's still hard getting used to being called that. I'm not even old looking and I'm being called grandma."

"Don't worry. I always though you were just another fairytale I was told at night before bed. To know that I'm related to you was an insane concept for me to grasp. I guess we both have some adjusting."

Wolf manor is a short tread through some hills and trees and in the front yard, my uncles play in the grass.

"Welcome back Harmony. Wanna play?" Conner asks.

"I can't I'm leaving soon, so I'm just saying goodbye before I go to Fabletown."

"Oh. Well I hope you have fun living on your own."

I walk in, where aunt Therese and my child-sized mother sit in the living room. Therese gets up and side-hugs me. The sun is setting across the valley. My mother, now much smaller than me, looks up smiling.

"You sure you're ready?"

"Of course. More ready then I'll ever be, mommy." I laugh. It's strange to call someone who looks younger than you mommy. I guess strange is a norm in this family.

"If you need anything, phone us. It doesn't take more than a day to drive up and down."

"I'll make sure to remember that."

She hugs me with her tiny arms and I rest my head on top of hers. I feel my eyes go hot and blurry and before you know it, there are tears falling down my cheeks. I'm scared to be somewhere on my own. I don't want to leave just yet.

"Oh, come on now. This is as hard for me as it is for you. How do you think I feel letting you go so quickly? I guess this is how my own mother feels, now that she knows she has you as her granddaughter."

I laugh, wiping away the tears," Yeah, I know. I just- It's scary. What If I can't do it?"

"Listen. You have your entire family behind you. There are plenty of Fables here with no one else to call family. If you need help, call. It's as simple as that."

"Thanks, mommy."

Cole greets me in the blue pick-up truck and my suitcases are tossed in the back. The engine putters to life and the headlights go on, since it's already too dark to see outside. The trip back was long and restless and Cole's rambling didn't calm my nerves. Snow came along to, to show me how to do some things, like cook dinner and make my bed. I never had my own bed. I always floated when I slept.

We got there around midnight, and the gates were closed.

Snow yawns,"Lets get you up in your room and call it a night. You don't mind if I stay at your apartment, do you?"

"You can stay. Why would I say no?" I laugh.

The tread up the stairs gets heavier the further I go and I give up. I don't want to leave Snow behind, so I swoop her up and fly to the floor I will be living on. The cobblestone floor turns to wood when the door opens up and I flip a light switch so we can see. There's a red two-seater couch, a television (Of rather nice standards), and a doorway to the kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. I have a window above the sink and when I look down, I see the whole shadowy marketplace. It's bigger than I imagined.

"The couch pulls out to a bed, so you can have a sleep over with some new friends."

"Maybe we could do a movie night. How long are you staying?"

"I was planning on a couple of days, just to help you settle. There's more furniture that we need to buy. You need curtains and some supplies."

"Maybe we could have a movie night. Do you know a few other Fables that might want to come?"

"I know Cinderella is back in town."

"Sounds good. Goodnight, Gram."

The next day was a bit flustering. We visited some stores and I got some furniture from a place that is set up like a maze and gives funny names to the tables and the chairs. Snow said it was a Swedish company, and they don't speak English so the things aren't in English. I thought it was stupid but its really nice furniture. I got a new desk and a swivel chair, and a few lamps to light up my bedroom.

I spent lunch alone at the new restaurant, A Taste of the Homelands, and I met someone I never seen before there. She looked kind of mean when I saw her.

"Are you new around here? A Fable?" She asked from across the bar. I set my spoonful of soup back into the bowl.

"I'm Harmony, from the North Wind Kingdom."

"Isn't the North wind a fricken God or somethin'? Oh, and I'm Mary. You seem like an okay girl. I like the blue highlights."

"Thanks. I was...born with them. Sort of."

"That's wicked. So why are you here?" she asked.

"My grandmother went out for a while and let me roam on my own. I figured this place would be nice. I quite like this section of the place, it's not too bright and the soup is fantastic."

"Yeah, well this is my homelands section. I come here when I'm tired of dealing with people. The goblins mix the alcohol better than the other bars here."

"That's a good reason. Do you want to come to my apartment later? I bought a few movies earlier and I was just going to watch them with Snow."

"Snow? THE Snow goddamn White? Man, you know I used to hate her. A lot. But it faded into nothingness. I guess I ended up realizing that she had as much problems as everyone else. It was around the time she got pregnant and shit. I guess I'll come, if there'll be chips and more alcohol."

"No alcohol. But chips can be arranged."

"Alright. It's settled. I'll bring my own flask and we will watch a few movies together. I think this is the beginning of a good friendship."

(Note: This is assuming that Mary survives to the end of TWAU. It's also assuming that she becomes good , or at least neutral, in the end of the game following into the comics. I doubt it, but its good to dream ;)

~Emily
  • edited May 2014
    **Part 4**

Wolven makes his way through the forest until he arrives at a large pillar decorated with a nordic symbols. He moves closer to the center and howls elegantly until the symbols glow and teleports him to a shrine in the mountains. The shrine contains artwork and artifacts of the history lycanthropy. One of the artifacts being small statue of a werewolf fighting what it appears to be dracula the vampire king. Wolven then is greeted by a large white werewolf creature. "Young wolf, you have entered my chamber. What business thy have here?" the white werewolf said walking to its large chair. "I am Wolven son of the North Wind & Winter, i have come to request info on the 2 things. The crest of Lupus Et Draconi, and the fortress that is holding the dragon prince Delphantez." Wolven said. Then the giant werewolf looked at the skylight and said " The crest you speak of contains great power. Enough power to grant power to anyone or anything that calls upon its power... What do you want with such power?" The werewolf said."

"I plan on using it's power to slay a demon king known as Aizaax. After 2 years I have finally caught up with him. He plans on using of army of wendigo to invade the homelands and the mundy world." Wolven said.

Then the werewolf said to Wolven "Yes, but as of now he is too powerful for you to face, even with the power of the crest. Do you have a plan young wolf?"

Wolven looked at the ground and said "Yes, i manage to find the son of the dragon prince. I have already tested him, and he is indeed the chosen one. I believe we can this battle with him, but we need to come up with a more subtle that Aizaax won't even be able to counter. I also have someone that can deal with the wendigo army as well"

The werewolf smiled and said "This generation is quite fascinating, i might just have to step out of my chamber and join the fun myself.... Very well then, I shall tell you something that will be severely useful in your quest. The crest may be able to maximize it's power when the 2 chosen beast are brought together but when combined with powers of other legendary creatures and fables it will gain enough power to destroy a entire world and do much more. Which is it must be used carefully. As for locating the dragon prince, according to my sources he is currently being held in a stronghold in the ruins of his kingdom guard by wendigo's. Getting inside will not be easy."

"Thank you elder, that all i needed to know.." Wolven said and then kneeled in respect and went to the exit, but is then the werewolf ask Wolven "Doe's the child know what he up against?" Wolven then said "I believe he is destined for great things, in short time and some training he is just the kind of hero this world needs. Thank you again elder wolf" Wolven then leaves the chamber.

Meanwhile in the mundy world, Draco is walking out of the strip club accompanied by his best friend Marco, a half vampire. "Lighten up Draco, then life style your living you going visit places like this all the time "Nascar driver!" LOL" Marco says to Draco as they walk down the street. "Atleast I wont be scaling the streets for my next helpless victims just to get a moment of "clarity.".." Draco said sarcastically. "Very funny, now tell about your adventure in fairytale land you had yesterday will ya?"

"Well i got attacked by a wolf, i chased it through a portal it we fought and then some symbol or something lite up then I fell unconscious. After that I woke up in a dwarfs cottage and we went to old ruins. THEN, we got attacked by some shit ugly monster, uhhhh a wendigo that nearly killed me. Oh and I found out my dad is a prince and held captive by a psychopathic demon who commands a army of wendigo's AND NOW I have to find a way to get back my dragon powers save him and the fable world and this world...." Draco ranted.

"Are you getting high again lol" Marco said. "You then how do explains this big ass scar on my arm. This is real." said Draco.

" Well, us non-humans just can get a break. Always someone trying to take over the world or destroy or screw something. My father wanted me to live with him in his castle in europe, but I really like it hear in the states. I remember I first came here and the first place i went to was the strip club in area in new york. The pudding pie I think thats what it's was called. The owner was a fucking moron too.."

"What is with you and strip clubs?" Draco asked. "Well ya know, you have your thing I have mines. Need for speed, im need for wet kitties." Marco said.

"You are so fucking..." Draco pauses as he see's woman standing in front of him and Marco. The woman has long blue silky hair...white skin..dressed in a leather outfit with a picture of a phoenix on it and she's about Draco's age, in her early 20's. She has a medium size sword similar to a katana on her back and a phoenix medallion around her neck.

"Well well, what anime convention did you come from beautiful..?" Marco said flirtatiously.

"Sorry to interrupt the playdate but, im going need the dragon boy come come with me.. so if you don't mind, fuck of bloodsucker before i have to poke you with something sharp.." The woman demanded.

"Ooo feisty, direct and kinky. Ist oday my birthday cuase im very horney...and thirsty" Marco said joking.

"Hold up, who are you? How do you know that im a dragon? Draco says before the woman takes out her sword and lunges towards him.

"You need help, homes, you don't have your power you know?" Marco says.

"Just shut up and watch this" Draco says before he crafts a sword out of his flames.

The woman was surprised after witnessing draco do that and continued her assault on Draco and see drew closes the two collided and only flames seen after impact....

**To be continued to part 5**

really wish i could post the pic of the woman, she was well drawn.
    MasterStone posted: »

* Name: Draco * Species: Fable/Human? * Likes: Drama,Fighting,Eating, Illegal Racing in Florida,Baltimore and New York, Komodo Dragons, Di

• edited May 2014
    Whoa, I think that was the first time I've actually seen Mary calm! What is the world coming to? :P And thanks for the little reference to movie night, really nice of you, Em. Anyways, very good for the continued story!

EDIT: Wait, no, it's FANTASTIC! (and pizza whoopie pizza, haha) I just realized you referenced the name of your Fabletown restaurant too.
  • This may be the most emotionally intense out of the other parts, pudding, well done. ;D
    pudding_pie posted: »

Part 7 Lyla Smith "Then there is Georgie" Lyla was sound asleep and lost in thought. Everything was falling into place; no one sus

• Considering I only made an account on this website just to post in this thread I would say that you had a great idea. Some really amazing stories here, love all the creativity, and I really enjoyed your stories as well. So thank YOU friend!

I have found some inspiration among the previous stories, and hope that my writing style is not too out of whack with the rest.

• Love it! Perfectly written, great story, really easy to read and a lot of fun. I am quite envious of your writing skills, really well done.

I hope there is a sequel in the near future!
  • no your very talented writer definitely didn't read any of mine lol I set the standard for insane your writing is very imaginative and brilliant

Considering I only made an account on this website just to post in this thread I would say that you had a great idea. Some really amazing st

• edited May 2014
    Well Emmy judging from your recent story and your comments on this thread I set very high standards for the story you were going to write and I'm afraid you didn't reach them but surpassed them with an exceptional story with quality descriptions and grammar with great imagination one of best stories on the thread well done really enjoyed every minute of this
  • edited May 2014
    Awww, Scribz. :) Thank you for the nice reply man. Your stories are seriously a good read themselves, I can't wait for the next parts! I really liked the dialogue of Mandible!

Considering I only made an account on this website just to post in this thread I would say that you had a great idea. Some really amazing st

• I actually don't consider myself a good writer at all >.< But thanks, really. I'm glad you think I'm good, it took me a few hours to get the flow going. I kind of feel that it would go a lot better with pictures, considering it is mostly dialog and not too much in between.

Love it! Perfectly written, great story, really easy to read and a lot of fun. I am quite envious of your writing skills, really well done. I hope there is a sequel in the near future!

• edited May 2014
    Part 8 Lyla Smith

"Forgiveness"

Lyla sat quietly in the Business Office. She was sure Snow White was tired of seeing her face here by now. Snow was currently walking back and forth with her file again in her hands. Lyla feared the worst from everyone. Snow would give her the 'talk' like always, the sheriff would play the 'good cop bad cop' with her; Mayor Cole would be gentle with her like always and try his best to comfort during this situation and then, there was her father. She already knew his main focus would not be on the situation or her condition but as to WHY she was with him...Georgie fucking Porgie. Her grip on the coffee cup grew tighter in her grasp. Lyla wanted to just run away and hide; this was getting to be too much for her. Just then, Bigby walked in the door. He stood beside Snow, glanced at the file, then at Lyla. He did not appear to be angry; just concerned. He was trying to smile; his eyes looked understanding and she let out a sigh of relief.

"Is he...did he...where is.."

"Georgie is in my office at the moment. He made it. Dr. Swineheart just took out the bullet and is patching up the wound. He's refusing to take medication, so before he can leave, he's currently sitting for the moment."

Lyla smiled. This took both Bigby and Snow back.

"Can I go see him?"

"No you certainly not fucking go see him!"

Lyla already knew who that was the moment she heard it. Her father stormed into the office and piratically ran to her side. He had a stronge smell of smoke on him. He looked awful like he had not slept or showered in days. His usually neat hair was messy and he was no longer clean shaven and looked like the sheriff at that very moment.

"Lyla Ann Smith! What the fuck were you doing with that disgusting human being?"

"John, calm down! That is not the question you should be asking right now-"

"Don't you dare, Miss White! I have every goddamn reason to be pissed off! If this was YOUR fucking daughter right now-"

"John, will you come with me, please."

That was one thing Lyla could give to Snow-she was always able to stay calm and have any Fable, no matter how angry or upset, calm down enough to talk to her. She was hoping deep down inside she could calm her father down.

"John, seriously, get a hold of yourself! Your daughter is currently shaken up at the moment and the last thing she needs is her father screeching at her!"

"Don't patronize me, White! I will not have my daughter be around some low-life scumbag-"

"That scumbag SAVED your daughter, John! You would not HAVE your daughter were it not for Georgie! I don't like him, either but the fact his she's here because of him! Alice and her goons are very dangerous people, Jonhn. We have been after them for years! She is VERY lucky! We would be preparing her funeral right now. Instead, she's right over there! Please...show some compassion towards her."

John looked over at his daughter, who was now talking to Bigby. Snow was right and despite his hate for Georgie, she would not be here with them. Snow grabbed his hands and held them in her's.

"Please...."

He walked over to his daughter. Both her and Bigby looked up. Lyla was already preparing for the worst, when she noticed a grin located on his face. He sighed out loud, grabbed the cup and placed it on Snow's desk.

"Go ahed. See him..."

Lyla jumped up and wrapped her arms around his neck. As she walked past Snow, she quietly thanked her. In return, Snow smiled. Lyla walked into the Security office and found Georgie sitting in the corner. The only light in the room was a small desk lamp located on Bigby's desk. When he noticed Lyla, he smiled. Georgie was currently shirtless and she could see the wound located directly over his belly button.

"Why did you do it? You could have easily ran..."

"Yeah. So what. I fucking know that. But I didn't. I saved you."

"But why?"

Georgie slowly lifted himself up.

"Look. I did it cause I wanted to, ok? But instead of thanks, I'm an asshole and scumbag. You will return to the city and have people all over you fucking asking you what happened and they will smother you in their love. Meanwhile, I will be labeled an asshole again and instead of thanks, I will walk away with the town throwing tomatoes at me and sneering the whole way back to ma' club. Does that cover it?"

Lyla fell silent. Georgie sighed and reached for his shirt. She watched him struggle severely to put it on. He was right. The town would do this. After all, her father was already knocking him down a few more pegs. She walked behind him, grabbed the top and held him pull it down. Lyla smiled and as she headed towards the exit, Georgie grabbed her hand. He was now standing very close to her.

"Well, I need to go. I'll let you go back to the club. I will see you tonight..."

Georgie reached into his pocket and pulled out the picture of the men. Lyla became furious, was he really going to pull this shit right now! But before she could say anything, Georgie pulled out his lighter, took it to the edge of the picture, flicked the bic and watched it slowly burn until it was nothing more than ashes on the floor. Lyla stood there in complete shock.

"Don't worry about it, Lyla. I'm sorry I ever held that over your head. I'd do that same thing...surprised you never did it to me, honestly. Fuck. You don't have to come back to the club and I will understand if I never see you again. Fuck...."

Lyla grabbed his hands and laced her fingers in his. Now this Georgie...the one that people claimed mysteriously disappeared overnight....this Georgie is what she was waiting for. They were all in the same boat as he was; no one had room to talk. They were all tired of this shit...it had become an excuse.

"Thank you, Georgie. For everything....I really appreciate everything and I'm still-"

Lyla's words were cut short because Georgie's lips were locked onto her's. Lyla was taken back by his actions but she suddenly felt her arms wrap around his neck, as his were now securely wrapped around her hips. A wave of emotions were flooding the both of their minds; Lyla felt confused , excited and a pinch of unsure; Georgie felt something he had not felt in a long time: security, compassion and love. So, what felt like eternity, Lyla and Georgie stayed like that: embraced in each other's love and struggle.
  • Yeah. I desperately want her to end up being cool with Fabletown, but I highly doubt the game will end with her still alive. I guess we'll see. And the idea of also including the restaurant was actual really sudden. I needed a way to invite Mary and it popped in my head the moment I thought about it. I think If I were to write another chapter, I'd get Harmony a job somewhere so she can learn to make money on her own. I dunno, we'll see.

Whoa, I think that was the first time I've actually seen Mary calm! What is the world coming to? :P And thanks for the little reference to m

• Thanks, Mark. It took me a while to think it through, and I had to rewrite a few sections, and I'm happy you enjoy it.

Well Emmy judging from your recent story and your comments on this thread I set very high standards for the story you were going to write an

• Part 5

The smoke and fire cleared and Draco and the Woman stood barely injured. Marco was sitting on a rooftop from distance and yelled out "Umm I think you 2 should wrap this up... I see firetrucks coming... seriously...." Then suddenly the woman put her sword back into its sheath and collapsed exposing her burn. Draco rushed over to the fallen woman asking her if she was ok. The woman didn't want to accept Draco's pity and then black out. "Shit.." Draco said angrily. He then picked the girl up and told Marco that he was going to take her to Irene's to get fixed up. "Marco you should get out of here too, stay safe dude." Draco as he left the park. Marco nodded then speeded away with his extraordinary vampiric abilities.

Draco arrived at a house in the middle of a cul de sac in the inner city. He and the unconscious woman went to the doorstep and Draco knocked. A pretty short hair woman about the same age as Draco answered. "What the hell? Draco NO. NO NO NO!" the girl said while closing the door. "Wait irene please! You the only one i know who can help me at this point! Please!" Draco yelling and pleading. "Then why didnt you take her to the hospital. What if you cops scene you?" Irene questioning him. "She is just like us a fable. Please Irene, please..!" Draco pleaded.
    Irene then opened the door and let Draco in.He went into the living room and put the unconscious woman down on the couch and then Irene treated her wounds using her magic. "Thanks Irene" Draco said in relief. "Yeah now mind explaining to me what the hell happened?" Irene demanded. Draco then explained the past event's from meeting wolven and his encounter with this woman.

"Ok wow, yeah encountered a wendigo and survived? And now you have to stop and demon from destroying both worlds? Draco how do you get yourself into these kind of things" Irene while shipping her wine. Yeah i know, but I cant just you the asshole get away with, besides he has my father. "I know but you are going to get yourself killed man. You may be a fable but you are still human." Irene saying while concerningly. "Im getting stronger, even if i dont have my dragon power at the moment. but i gained something new. And im starting to get the hang of it..." Draco as he made a fist of fire. "Even if you master this power you need to be careful and know what you're up against." Irene as the woman wakes up.

The woman wakes up and looks around, she see's Draco and tries to attack him "Woah wait hold on. Im not your enemy calm down and why did you attack me back at the park?" Draco said. "You healed me, after i tried to cut your head off.. Thank you.. handsome, but you didn't have too......I" The woman as she lies back down. "Its alright you weren't no where close to killing me. "Draco said and then Irene rolled her eyes and sipped her drink. "I was ordered to either kill or bring you back alive by my master, but you put a good fight.." The woman said. "Who is your master and why do he wants to kill me?" Draco asked. The woman then paused and responded "In return for my sisters life, I would bring you back either dead or alive. He was going to feed my sister to those monsters. I couldn't allow it. Lord Aizaax can be very convincing." The mentioning of his name struct Draco and reminded him that Aizaax is the one who is holding his father captive. "Wait a minute he's the one who has my father.. he's the antagonist in all of this and he needs to pay for all the pain he's caused people. Hes going to pay for this dearly.. By the way, what is your name?" Draco asked. " Name is Viera, i am daughter of the phoenix queen..." The woman replied.

Draco decided to ask the woman to join him on his quest to help save his father and her sister and stop the sinister Aizaax. But Viera hesitated and looked down and said "But if he finds out...." He wont, and we can stage my capture. You take me to the fortress and we go in saved my father and your sister and kill that fucker Aizaax. Easy right? Draco said confidently.

"I guess but it wont be that easy with the just the two of us... We need more help." Viera as she picks up her sword. "Don't worry, Wolven is help us and the dwarf Dewloren is rounding up reinforcements. We just need to stick to the plan and the goal. We can this." Draco as he grabs Viera hand." Viera takes his hand of hers and say. "Fine, i hope your right.... now lets go find your wolf friend" Draco smiles and Irene is interrupts the two saying "Um what the hell is that on my front lawn. And why isn't it glamoured..?

"Glamoured?" Darco as he walks towards the window and i shocked to she a wendigo out there waiting for something and he goes outside to see why.. The wendigo is different this time its not like the wendigo Draco encounter in the old ruins. Its humanoid but has identical features of the other one. It raises its hand and points to Draco and Viera and says "Viera... you have failed now, you and the dragon child must perish. Lord Aizaax has spoken." It approaches the two and draco prepares for combat only to be interrupted by Viera. "Draco please, let me handle this. I had enough of these bastards." Viera as she unsheathes her sword. "But Viera..." Draco as he tries to engage the wendigo. "You like to hog all the glory dont you?" Viera as she does her battle stance.

The wendigo the launches at Viera and she effortlessly dodge the creatures and then manage to slice its chest leaving it with a large bleeding gash. The wendigo then conjures aspell immobilizing Viera. She struggles to break free as the creature draws now and says "It's no use, your time has come" while licking his tongue. "VIERRAA" Draco as he tries to help her. Suddenly the spell begins to melt and a flaming aura in a form of a phoenix covers Viera. She then appears behind the wendigo and slashes it's skull in half. It falls to the ground and then its corps turn to ashes. Viera then sheaths her sword and turns to the bedazzled Draco and Irene and says "What?"

After the conflict Draco and Viera prepares to leave and is stop by Irene. "Wait, uhhhhh, ya know you're going your unavoiding demise so you might want to bring someone who can patch up your wounds soo..."

"Fine Irine you can come" Draco says doing a facepalm. Irene smiles and says "Yeah saving lives and stopping maniacs, maybe i'll meet the man of my dreams on the way"

"What ever Irene lets go. Im going to ask Marco if he wants to tag in too. Might as well..." Draco says. Then as the trio walks out Irene shouts "Do we really have to bring that pervert along...??" "Yes Irne Marco may be pervy vamp, but we need all the help we can get. Now lets go."

The trio arrives at the club that Marco usually attends is greeted by him at the front. "Woah woah, ninja chick and SWEET IRENE!!" Irene turns away and gives him the finger and he smiles. "Come on Marco were going on an "Adventure" in the fablelands" Draco says. "But wait, wait a minute, you plan of fighting those things alone???" Marco as he reminds Draco what is waiting for him at the fortress. "Yeah, yeah i know. Which is why im recruiting you in this. I need your help man, pull this off with out you. You are fast, sneaky and you could easily get pass the guards in the fortress without being notice. Your the key asset in saving my father. Draco as he convince Marco.

"Fine if i do this, you gotta hooked me with uhhhhhhhhhh, IRENE!" Then Irene pulls a muzzle out of thin air and puts its over Marco face and says "As if" and walks away. "Good its settled, when we get to the land of the fables we will stop at the dwarfs house. We can rest there until Wolven arrives, then we plan our strike." Draco as he and the group begins to walk away. "You make it sound easy Draco." Viera as she takes off her phoenix medallion as and holds it to a wall opening a portal" Draco smiles and says "Not i only i have a need for speed, i have a need for danger.." and then flexes for Viera. "Your so corny..." Irene says pushing the muzzled Marco and then group walks through portal..

Meanwhile in a dark dreary fortress a well dressed man stands in a chamber staring at a unconscious dragon and young woman and says "They are coming to save you, and little do they know they have now idea what awaits. Its courageous but foolish. And tell me Delphantez, do you really believes your pitiful son and stop me?" The dragon wakes up and shoots a large fire ball at the man and misses. The man grins and turns around and walks away while saying "Typical"

End of book one.

* Name: Draco * Species: Fable/Human? * Likes: Drama,Fighting,Eating, Illegal Racing in Florida,Baltimore and New York, Komodo Dragons, Di

• I've added the last 2 chapters of the first arc of my story to my original post. I plan on finishing the story in near future. Keep up the good work folks :)
  • I'm just enjoying everyone's creativity and the drama that is spewing out of my computer screen! Keep up the good work, everyone! Glad to have this thread here. :)

Awww, Scribz. :) Thank you for the nice reply man. Your stories are seriously a good read themselves, I can't wait for the next parts! I really liked the dialogue of Mandible!

• Wow have such great imagination epic chapters didn't see this till now just brilliant can't wait to see the next part

Part 5 The smoke and fire cleared and Draco and the Woman stood barely injured. Marco was sitting on a rooftop from distance and y

• ^_^ All of you do me too much honor!

I'm just enjoying everyone's creativity and the drama that is spewing out of my computer screen! Keep up the good work, everyone! Glad to have this thread here. :)

• edited May 2014
    Part 9 Lyla Smith

"Broken"

Holly and Woody took cover behind the bar. Only brave one to take a chance was Jack, who found Gren's actions amusing. The whole time he was cracking jokes and laughing. Holly tried her best to make Jack stop but he was too far into it to stop. Gren threw another cup into the wall; that being his 8th cup in 2 minutes. For a minute, he was in his true form; he destroyed the pool table and smashed in a couple of stools before he returned to his 'glamour' self and took his anger out on the glasses.

"FUCKING ASSHOLE! Fuck Georgie! How the fuck can he possibly changed, that piece of shit! He took advantage of her! He doesn't give a fuck about her or anyone else! Is she ever so quick to forget who he REALLY is-a conniving, self-centered, disrespectful piece of shit!!!!"

Gren thew yet another glass into the wall. He quickly walked over to Holly, who was now standing back in disbelief.

"Holly-give me another!"

"Gren, just calm down. I'm going to have nothing by the end of the night!"

Jack continued laughing. Gren turned around and began walking towards him. At this moment, Jack's laughter quickly came to an end and he was now pinned against the wall, Gren just a few inches from his face. Jack could see the anger and hurt in his eyes. Gren's fists were now clenched and Jack could hear his teeth grinding.

"Ok, easy, Gren. I was just kidding, ok? Right? Holly, help me out here!"

"No, Jack! I don't want trouble! You were laughing and I hope he DOES beat your ass up!"

Gren backed up and headed towards the bar again. He took a seat at the only stool not broken, placed his head down on the bar and began to cry. Holly reached her hand over and gently touched his hair. Woody continued to stand in silence, just as Jack finally was.

"She lied to me, Holly. She fucking lied to me...Why, Holly? Why him...."

He couldn't breathe; he was literally drowning in his tears. It was going so great, he thought. She was a sweet girl with an amazing ability to look past anything. He had no idea how hard this would hit him...he swore he would never love again.

"Grew, sweetie. She lied to ALL of us. Just let it go and let her make her own choices. She's not a baby, Gren. She KNOWS who Georgie is, yet she decided to play with snakes and got bit. Ignore her and stay out-"

Gren lifted his head up and looked at Holly, both his eyes were now a milky color. He was getting ready to change again and they all knew it. He got up out of his seat and headed for the door. He didn't say a word and left. Holly ran from behind the bar and chased after him. He was at the corner, waiting for the light to turn green. She knew were he was heading to and she couldn't take that chance. Gren was already on the sheriff's shit list. John also couldn't stand Gren.

"Gren! Goddamn it! Will you stop! Look, don't do this! You can't afford any of this! She's not worth it!"

"I have to, Holly....you don't understand...."

"Gren, she's-"

"I marked her, alright!! She's...I accidentally marked her a few nights ago when we were hanging out. I didn't get a chance to finish because John came home. She made me leave...I have to fix this. She has a piece of me now. I was going to make her mine, Holly...then, that thing happens with Georgie and...."

"Gren, she didn't mean to do that. you said it yourself she was just in the moment. They have not seen each other since.."

"How do you know....." His voice was so angry.

"I...I had Vivian the other day. She mentioned Lyla and said she has not been back to the Pudding & Pie."

The light turned green and Gren began walking again. Holly could have easily went after Gren and made him stay. He could have easily decided not to chase her down. He didn't have to but she let him go and watched him disappear into the busy crowded streets. She just prayed he knew what he was doing.

Gren made his way to the Woodlands and found Lyla's home. He walked up and began pounding on the door. He didn't care WHO was home. John could answer the door and it still didn't matter. In seconds, the dor opened and there stood Nancy. She was taken back by who was there.

"Gren. what are you doing here? Everything ok?"

"No, Nancy. It's not. Is Lyla here?"

"Well, no. She went to the library to do some homework. I can leave her a mes-"

Before she could finish, Gren was gone and heading to the library.

"WAIT! Gren! What is wrong?"

But he was already gone. He power walked the whole way there with only one thing on his mind. When he finally reached his destination, he found her leaving the building. She was surprised to see Gren and smiled.

"Gren! Hey! Sorry I haven't been around. These college courses are killing me and-"

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU WITH GEORGIE!?!"

He was screaming at her and Lyla was taken back by the anger in his voice. She could also see the hurt and realized what happened. Vivian must have said something. She occasionally went to drink there at the Trip Trap. If SHE said something, she could only imagine it would a matter of time before this reached the office. Her father STILL had no idea how she REALLY met Georgie. Fuck, that meant Gren knew...

"Gren, relax! I'm not even talking to him anymore!"

"Vivian was at the bar the other day and told Holly everything! You were a dancer?! For that fucking piece of shit!? You lied to me!! How could you, Lyla...you...we..."

Gren turned away; he didn't want to cry in front of Lyla. It was bad enough he did at the bar. Lyla placed her books on the ground and walked to Gren. She did regret EVER doing anything for Georgie; it didn't matter if he had proof. They were just dead corpses. It could have been anyone but at the moment, she couldn't take that chance. She also had regret after the incident with Georgie at the office....It never felt right. But right now, just touching Gren's arm, gave her the peace of mind she was looking for.

"Gren..."

"Do you love him, Lyla..."

Lyla was silent. Not because of his question. It was how much this had affected him and she wished she had told him sooner.

"Lyla, are you busy right now...."

"No, Gren. Why.."

Gren grabbed her books and placed them under his arm. He grabbed Lyla's hand and they started walking down town.

"This city is fucking getting to my fucking head. I need somewhere to think. Let's go back to my apartment. We can sit and talk better there. And if you're hungry I can call in some Chinese or something."

Lyla agreed and soon, hand in hand, they made their way to his apartment. All the while, unaware of the blonde girl in the purple dress watching from a cafe'.
  • I am eager to see if you decide to or not, no pressure!
    EMMYPESS posted: »

Yeah. I desperately want her to end up being cool with Fabletown, but I highly doubt the game will end with her still alive. I guess we'll s

• The description of an elegant howl in the first part is wonderful, and Irene is amusing. Interested to see what lies ahead for them.

Part 5 The smoke and fire cleared and Draco and the Woman stood barely injured. Marco was sitting on a rooftop from distance and y

• How's the story going?

thx

• edited May 2014
    If I had been a better writer. I would scrap the story, starting again when using most of the original draft idea's. This story hadn't quite conveyed the movie I wanted to see. Working better for a graphic story, possibly, or a fable? But not quite the horror I had intended.

Any questions that I would have wanted better explained, but when wanting left mostly up to the readers imagination were.

Had the boy died for dropping down into the mine?
    Did the spirit only want to free itself?
    What specifically is a zombieboy?

Presently. Now within that supposedly happy ever after, as an immortal. The undead king had freed the boy from being trapped providing a means of escape, and in doing so had freed itself. But like a genie or djinn, when good or evil, disappeared. Costing the Boy, but providing hope for a forgotten remedy. What did this mean? Possibly just a price paid for curiosity.

Left mostly the readers imagination. If only worded better when elaborating more, correcting grammar, and being more consistent to some events. Endgame. Leaving the reader as lost as any child would, until awakening. The dead won't know it until they have turned, eerie crypt'ic laughs. Bleheh Bleheh Bleheh

Writer's Block: There is only the ending. Appreciated

lol I do that kind of the great thing about writing is when you get bored can throw in random violent scene to much fun lol For me with

• Personally I find dark characters to be refreshing. Not that there's anything wrong with the occasional paragon of virtue, it's just that characters which inhibit a sort of grey morality seem more real. They've more than one dimension so you don't necessarily know what they're going to do next.

The arachnophobia angle is a good one, and I'm intrigued as to your interesting ideas.

I wanted to make a really dark character. And as arachnophobia is the most common of all, I felt what better fable villain than a giant spid

• Oh, I thought you'd never offer!

*pours wine* *gulps*

I see why you keep drinking it now ;)

Indeed! You can help yourself to some wine if you wish, Noir, you've earned it! Including the others! XP

• Lovely to read, smooth and precise. I agree with what everyone else had said, and I also enjoyed the Ikea reference, for whatever reason.
  • Never really considered Georgie's more humane side - you're really bringing these characters to life.

Part 8 Lyla Smith "Forgiveness" Lyla sat quietly in the Business Office. She was sure Snow White was tired of seeing her face here

Sign in to comment in this discussion.