Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• edited April 2014

Lyla Smith

Abilities: Part werewolf on father's side

Lyla Smith is the daughter of an alpha and a human that once lived an ordinary life. She is capable of hiding her wolf side, until she get;s angry or sad; she will change but can 'calm' herself down with music played by a guitar. Her father is very good friends with Sheriff Bigby and is capable of living in a better residential area in Fabletown because of it. Her father does some work for the sheriff as well. John is responsible for keeping track of the fables or other creatures that either breed with mundies or outside of their race. He was given this job years before his first daughter was born. His job is simple-keep track of the 'half-breeds' and jot down anything new or out of the 'ordinary'. If they break the laws or the children are too dangerous to live in Fabletown, they are taken to the farm. This is were Lyla comes in. When her father, Sheriff and Fabletown's mayor agrees on the fate of anyone out of the ordinary, does not have a glamour or goes by the rules, she takes them in. This works to her advantage because anytime she has her 'moment' and her wolf side begins to show, the mayor looks the other way and has a guitar sooth back the savage beast.

Lyla soon became tired of this job and wished for something better. Her life changed when she caught her boyfriend cheating on her with her friend since the second grade. A guitar that night could not put the beast to sleep and within seconds, he and her once best friend were torn to pieces and her true form appeared. Lyla ventured out into the night in her wolf form until Mayor Cole and Bigby tracked her down. After an on going investigation, paperwork and weeks of therapy, Lyla was allowed to continue living in Fabletown. Unfortunately, she now had a record on her file and there is nothing worse then having the sheriff, mayor and your own father on you.

No longer interested in her once life and desperate to run away from it, Lyla leaves home and ventures into the dark, cold streets of the city. But sooner or later, once you have a taste for blood, the thirst within you deepens and you have no hope for return. One cold fall evening, Lyla came across a group of men in a dark alley. Trying to hurry along, the men began cat calling her and whistling to get her attention. One went as far as to stand in front of her, grabbing her purse and trying to shove her against the chain linked fence.

"I'm warning you all...you won't like what happens to you if you continue."

The men laughed and felt no threat by her words. Eagerly, the rest of the men walked towards her; eyes looking her up and down like hungry dogs to meat. Lyla closed her eyes, blocked any noise and began to turn. The men looked on as the once beautiful woman before them was now a blood thirsty beast. Her eyes were a dark yellow; her body covered in fine brown fur, fingers turning into claws and her jaw converting into rows of sharp teeth. One of the men turned around and tried making a dash for the street. But before he could lift his back leg up, she lunged, pinned him to the floor and with a quick swipe, tore his head off. It landed at the feet of the other men. They all looked up and began to scatter like roaches.

Lyla chased two down and tore them open; grabbed the other one by his feet and opened up his stomach; the other's head was crushed between her jaws. All but one was now dead; he was currently huddled near a light post, his ankle sprained. He begged for the creature to let him go but before he could finish, Lyla lunged at his throat and ripped it apart with her teeth.

She stood there with only the sound of the city and her beating heart echoing in the distance. Lyla looked around at the half eten men; her paws covered in blood and flesh. She was so sick of this wolf side but it was growing stronger each day. She feared they would send her off to the very place she once sent the 'beasts' and 'law breakers' away.

She stumbled to the end of the block; bright pink neon lights ahead of her. She looked up and saw she was standing by the Pudding n Pie; her father despised this club and she had heard Bigby tell stories of the one that ran the club. As she continued onward, a guitar began playing. As she turned away, she saw a man in dark pants, black shirt and bowler hat playing the guitar. He was smiling and soon, Lyla began to calm down, her inner beast relaxing.

"There you go, my dear. Don't need another one of you messin' up ma' club. Here, let ol' Georgie take ya' inside.."

Lyla took the man's hand and followed him inside the club.

• ignore the spoiler thing. stupid computer....>;<

• This had a very depressive theme and was very dark. The violent scenes were very graphic and described brilliantly loved it. Love your writing style really fun read thanks for sharing qualtiy story MOAR please

• Very good, this has piqued my interest so far!

Name: Brannon. Age: Thirty four. Race: Weretiger. [ His personality and abilities will be depicted in the story.] History: Br

• Wow! What a story, especially that ending! Really awesome thus far!

• Did she smash georgies dj set? :O

• I plan on making part 3 a bit longer, maybe throw in some more folklore to make things more dramatic lol.

MasterStone posted: »

Part 2: One night around 1:30 AM after going home from one of his races, Draco feels a strong wind blowing north of him. He is then attac

• Name:

Dionysus

Nicknames:

Dio (pronounced Dee-o), The Big D, etc

Bio:
    "The Drunk Cult Leader"
    Born as a bastard child of Zeus in Greece, Dionysus always had a thing for the finer things in life. Specifically, crazy women and wine. As an expert sailor, he managed to escape to the homelands with some of his followers and enough treasure to last him a millennium. He started "Olympic Drinks", one of Fabletown's most successful businesses. As a main source of Fabletown's alcoholic beverages, he is easily able to keep up with his hedonistic lifestyle, at the expense of those close to him.

• edited April 2014

Part 2 Lyla Smith

"The leash law"

Georgie took Lyla inside the club; the bright pink neon signs were giving her a slight headache. She continued to follow him until he reached the bar. She took a seat at one of the stools and began rubbing her forehead. It had been a long night and all she wanted to do was rest and hope this wouldn't reach the mayor, sheriff or father. But something told her this wouldn't go away that easy and he was standing before her, pouring liquor into a glass. Georgie smiled; Lyla suddenly remembered who he was and the stories Bigby would tell. He pushed the glass towards Lyla and stood there, just smiling.

"I'm not allowed to drink just yet. I'm a minor..."

Georgie continued to stand there. His smile never left. Lyla was now beginning to understand WHY Bigby spoke nothing but horrible things and her father despising this place.

"It's okay, my dear sweet wolf. I know how much you dogs love a good whiskey or two. You know, the sheriff and I go waaaaaaay back. But I'm sure you know that...your father and I as well."

Lyla refused the drink and pushed it back. His smile turning into a sour look within seconds. It was bad enough she tore a group of men into mere shreds; last thing she needed was alcoholic attached to it. She looked up at Georgie, who was now exiting the bar. He took a seat next to Lyla and the two sat in silent. Before she could say a word, a tall, well built man with blonde hair entered the room. Georgie ushered him over and began to whisper something in his ear. The man nodded and was soon gone. Lyla looked at Georgie, who to her surprise, was smiling again.

"What did you ask him?"

"Who..."

"That man. You said something to him."

"You like Pepsi?"

Lyla nodded and before long, the man returned with a very cold bottle of Pepsi. Georgie opened the top and handed it to Lyla. She took the soda, pressed the bottle to her lips and began chugging it. It felt very refreshing on her tongue. She finished the soda within seconds.

"My, the dog was thirsty, huh?"

Lyla looked at Georgie with a confused look. Did he see what occured in the ally or was he just assuming because he knew her father?

"My name isn't DOG...it's Lyla but I'm sure you knew that."

Georgie reached his hand over and grabbed her shoulder. He gently squeezed, giving her a calming sensation.

"So, my dear LYLA...what brings you to my side of the city? Bored? Daddy piss you off? Looking for something fun and exciting? Well, you must have found that thrilling sensation while you killed those poor boys..."

His grip on her shoulder grew tight; his smile was now from ear to ear. Her heart began to race; her blood was boiling and the room was spinning. If the stories were true, Georgie would throw her under a bus to save his own skin. Lyla quickly got up; her form was changing, her claws appearing, her body changing. She was going to rip this man open before he could walk out that door. Before she could fully complete her change, Georgie brought out his guitar and played a soothing song. Lyla tried to resist but it was too powerful and before long, she was back to her human form.

"Now, now, love. I don't need to running a muck in my club; already had one do that. Took me months to clean this place up. They should really keep you on leashes...its not safe. Now, I know what you're thinking-this guy knows and he's going to tell. But I won't. You see, I lost two dancers months ago-I'm sure you heard-and I need to find replacements. The money is good; you make your own decisions, your own clients. All I ask, is for you to give me half and anything else I request."

His smile was beginning to frighten her. His eyes were focusing on every inch of her body. He titled his hat back just a few to get a better look.

"And besides, my 'girl' is starting to bore me; Vivian these days. I need something new, something fresh...something with a bit more 'spunk'."

Lyla stood there in silence; she WANTED something different in her life but this was going from 0 to 100 in 30 seconds. Bigby was a man of the law; he would surely find out and report this back to her father. He would come out and do anything possible to bring her back. Then Georgie would spil the truth...she would be taken away...What choice did she have. All she could do was nod. Georgie walked up to Lyla. This time, he began stroking her cheek. From the corner of her eye, she saw a blond girl standing in the corner, her arms folded against her chest. She looked angry; Lyla could only assume that was Vivian. Her disgusted stares and piercing eyes gave it away. Before long, Georgie left, leaving Lyla alone by the bar. Vivian walked over to Lyla.

"You think this is a game, don't you sugar?"

"Excuse me?"

"Poor sad little you. Life got you down? Daddy didn't pay your credit card bill, so to get back at him you decide to work at a strip club and hope you can go back to the comfortable life beside your daddy and the sheriff?"

"Look, I didn't eve-"

Lyla suddenly stopped speaking when Georgie returned with a purple ribbon. He placed it in her palms and looked over at Vivian. The two continued until she walked out of the bar without a word. Lyla was feeling nervous; she had heard about these ribbons....

"There you go, love. Just put this on and you will be good to go. Have to keep you on a leash...would hate for you to run off now and get hit by a car."

Georgie began laughing; Lyla felt uneasy with his laughter. The blonde man returned, this time with a key.

'Your room is upstairs; don't mind the mess. You will start in the morning. We will go over the rules, fees...pay..."

"Can't I just go home? I won't say anything to my father or Bigby...."

At first, he looked upset but smiled. He had the upper hand. Let this girl TRY and change...run to daddy for help...

'Of course, my dear. You can go home..."

Both Lyla and the man looked shocked but before he could change his mind, Lyla left the club. As she walked down the lonely, dark streets Georgie stood outside watching.

"Sir, I don't mean to ask but why did you let her go..."

"Oh, don't worry Hans. She'll be back...they always come back..."

As Lyla got to the street corner, the faint sound of a guitar could be heard in the direction in which she came from.

• lol brilliant

Name: Dionysus Nicknames: Dio (pronounced Dee-o), The Big D, etc Bio: "The Drunk Cult Leader" Born as a bastard child of Zeus

• Lol i freakin love this story. If I'm not mistaken I noticed a couple movies references. And wud Tobi happen to be from naruto, I cudnt help to ask the mask part made me curious

Markd4547 posted: »

Origin story of my Character which Tobi made just for bit of Fun The Beginning As a kid i was expert hunter in fact with my trusty

• Oh and ur drawing is amazing it reminds me of a young "the governor" from TWD lol

Origin story of my Character which Tobi made just for bit of Fun The Beginning As a kid i was expert hunter in fact with my trusty

• edited April 2014

Suspense all around! Loved it! I really liked the Pepsi scene too, for some reason. :P

pudding_pie posted: »

Part 2 Lyla Smith "The leash law" Georgie took Lyla inside the club; the bright pink neon signs were giving her a slight headache. She

• LOL Maybe it was her ability to drink the soda without hesitation!

Suspense all around! Loved it! I really liked the Pepsi scene too, for some reason. :P

• edited May 2014

Well long story a user called Tobi is a good boy made a thread where makes a character for you with a description by you to star in his upcoming comic. That was character he drawn for me using all my description looks, powers, age, personality, Villain etc and when finished the final picture drawn by him so inspired I decided to write backstory for him to show why his a villains and his motives etc.

Tobi is person who made it so as tribute put him in the story and his name and avatar were inspired by naruto character with a mask

Yes all my story's are packed full of movie references mostly from dark knight first person who noticed nice

Lastly thank you for not just reading my story but taking the time to leave nice comment thank you really appreciate it

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/60314/twd-forum-comic-series-all-characters-posted-except-saltlick305-groovy411starts-releasing-april

Mclovesth posted: »

Oh and ur drawing is amazing it reminds me of a young "the governor" from TWD lol

• edited May 2014

Possibly! I would've gave her some Crush or some Fanta though, orange soda is the best. XD

LOL Maybe it was her ability to drink the soda without hesitation!

• edited May 2014

Part 3 Lyla Smith

"Let sleeping dog's lie"

Snow White paced back and forth. In her hand was Lyla's file; she was flipping back and forth through the pages. There was silence in the room and it was beginning to make her uncomfortable. Her father was standing next to Sheriff Bigby, both of their eyes focused on her. Mayor Cole stood next to Lyla; he was doing his best to comfort the young she-wolf but nothing was working. All Lyla was worried about now were the 3 people in the room, especially the one holding her file. She was so careful coming home last night; both her parents and three older sisters were asleep. This gave her a chance to run upstairs, crawl into bed and pray this whole thing would go away. She didn't want to think about what took place in the alley or that awful man Georgie....believe it or not, it was he that caused her to lose sleep that night. With that being the main focus of her thoughts, Lyla had forgotten she was still wearing the clothes from the night before; the same ones she killed those men in. The once blue blouse and tan skirt were nothing more then mere shreds and stained with blood. She realized her plan to avoid this was ruined when her mother saw the mess, dropped the coffee and scream. The rest of the morning was a blur; Lyla didn't even remember coming to the business office with anyone.

"Miss Lyla Smith! Can you now try and explain to us what happened last night?! 5 men were found brutally murdered; ALL of them mundies! We can't hide this for very long; they will soon catch on! This is unacceptable,, Miss Smith! Do you realize how much paperwork we are going to do because of this? Hmmm?? Do you remember how your mother reacted when she saw you this morning? You are on a short leash, Miss Smith. There is only so much we can do to look past something like this. We were able to keep the last incident quiet but I'm not so certain we can this time..."

Snow White took one more look at her file and placed it on her desk. She began rubbing her forehead and walked over to Lyla. Lyla looked up. Her face said it all and she began to fear if her time in fabletown was up. Surely they would send her away and there was nothing anyone could do. Not even her father....

"Lyla, sweetie, I REALLY need you to try and remember last night. Were you involved in those men's death? I need to to try and remember. This is serious. You KNOW what will happen to you if you don't TRY and tell us something..."

"You'll take me away. I already know this. Take away the 'dangerous' children..."

"We are doing this because of Fabletown. Do you not remember months ago about a similar situation that threw us all in a tail spin? Your father and Bigby spent hours upon hours doing paperwork, answering questions. And they were FABLES, not mundies!"

Lyla continued looking at the floor. She couldn't look anyone in the eyes. Her mind was racing trying to find any possible story, excuse as to her whereabouts last night. There was only one explanation she could give them and it made her sick to her stomach. As she gathered her thoughts and before she could speak, her father and Bigby were now at her side. The look they gave her sent fear all down her body; must be a male wolf thing. Even as a younger girl, the sheriff always frightened her.

"Lyla, sweetie. I REALLY need you to start talking. They are going to take you away! Now, we can TRY to cover this up, blame it something else but...they are mundies, sweetie. You know the rules...."

"Yes, dad...I know the rules."

The sheriff was now standing before her. He was so close she could smell the huff n puff cigarettes and whiskey on him.

"Lyla, we just need you to talk. Sometimes, we lose control of things and what were once were can get the best of us; I know this, trust me. But I need you to just tell me the truth.It will save us all the heartache-"

"I was with Georgie! You know....at the Pudding N Pie...."

Oh how deadly silence can be. It's the most dangerous thing on this planet; you are not sure what will happen or the reaction you will get. It was a waiting and guessing game. Lyla hated those games. But before long, she could hear her father growling under his breath; she saw him slowly change and the man in the suit was now a very large wolf. His eyes were blood red, his large claws and teeth appearing and his growl deepened. Mayor Cole and Snow Whit began to back up. Bigby stood in front of Lyla.

"Now John. Just calm down. We don't need this going any further then it has to..."

"She's my fucking daughter!!!! At that...club...with HIM!?! Please, tell me this is a joke!"

Lyla hated the silence.So, she spoke.

"No...I...I..was..was with Georgie...last night..."

"Ok John, see. We have our answer. Now, let's just call him up and-"

Bigby didn't get a chance to finish. John lifted his mighty paw up and took a swipe at him. Bigby flew half way across the room and into a cabinet. Papers, books and other miscellaneous items were now scattered on the floor. Bigby lifted himself up and looked at John, who was now heading his direction.

"John, calm down. We will get to the bottom of this. I'm sure Georgie-"

"YOU of all people should know! WHY THE FUCK ELSE WOULD SHE BE THERE!?!"

"Daddy, no-"

But Lyla grew silent. VERY silent, as she watched the Sheriff change into his wolf form. Mayor Cole grabbed her and pulled her closer to himself and Miss White.

"John. we don't have to do this...."

John took another swing at Bigby. This time, Bigby grabbed his paw and turned it at an angle. he then took his free hand and swiped it at John's belly. The beast roared in pain. Both his hands went flying and he charged at Bigby, sending both beasts against the sheriff's desk. John grabbed a stapler and began pounding Bigby's face with it. Bigby kicked John in the groin, sending him sliding against the floor. John again charged at Bigby but this time, he latched his teeth around Bigby's shoulder, sinking them deeper and deeper into his flesh. Bigby let out a roar and the two found themselves against the wall. John's teeth sank deeper but before long, his jaws were located on his shoulder. John began to growl, tried taking one more swipe but before he could, his motions stopped. Bigby looked on as his friend's eyes closed, his grip loosened up and his body began to give. Before long, the beast was on the floor; nothing more than a bloody, sleeping wolf. Bigby quickly changed back; the other three looked at him with confusion and fear. He turned around to see John's wife, Nancy, standing before him. In her hand was a small musical instrument.

"Nancy...what did you-"

"I'm surprised he never told you but then again, why would he. When you marry a wolf, you learn how to deal with their behavior and temper. This little doohickey is the only thing that ever stops him. Just like a guitar only stops Lyla and the sounds of the ocean calms her oldest sister. Why? Just the way it is, I guess."

Nancy walks over to her husband, now snoring and back to his human form.

"He will be out like this for another 5 minutes, which gives me a great opportunity to talk to you, my dear pup."

Lyla looked at her mother. Despite her small stature and the sweet, innocent look that a typical southern woman has, she sometimes frightened her more than her own father.

"Now, Lyla, sweetie, talk to mommy, ok? Just, what in the name of all that is green on this planet did you do? Now, I saw how you looked, hunny. And your daddy snatched you up real quick and next thing I know, ya'll be in here having tea or something, talking, making accusations, looking at papers-baby, what is going on? Did you do something?"

"No, mom...I was with..."

"She said she was at the Pudding n Pie, with Georgie Porgie. I'm sure you-"

"Yes, I know who that is. I know him very well. What i can't understand is why in God's holy name you be doing there, girl?"

Snow Whit grabbed the only phone that was not damaged during the fight and began dialing.

"Well, Mrs. Smith. Only one way to find out."

Lyla's heart began to race; her mind drew a blank, her breathing became heavy. She wanted to pass out and just hope this would all pass. Everyone was now focused on the woman talking to the one person that would either help save her or ruin her.

"Yes, Georgie....well, Miss Smith said she-uh huh. Well, there were several murders last night and-uh huh. Ok. She came home with bloddy-ok. Uh huh. No, Georgie. Yes. Ok, I will. Thank you for your time."

"Nancy, she was telling the truth. Georgie explained to me that last night, she stopped by the club to avoid the cold weather; she thought it was going to rain and he offered her a place to rest. Now, he has no idea what we are talking about in regards to the murdered men but yes-Lyla WAS with Georgie."

"But, her clothes-"

"Apparently, there was a fight at the club, his bouncer broke it up and Lyla was in the way during this time...."

After several more hours in the office and a few hundred papers with her name on it, Lyla and the others went home for the evening. She stayed in her room the rest of the night, still confused as to why Georgie helped her. She had his number; she wanted to call and find out. She finally found the courage to dial his number. He answered.

"Why did you help me?"

"I like you, dog. I told ya', you have spunk. Come back to ma' club in the mornin'. That way, we can start your training. You still have the ribbon?"

"Yes"

"Good. Sweet dreams, love. See you in the morning."

Silence. The one thing that frightened her the most.

• edited May 2014

Part 3

Draco preparing to strike suddenly halts and the aura from the crest reverts him back into his human form, and renders him unconscious. The large wolf also returns to his normal size and summons a group of fairies to take the unconscious Draco through the forest.....

Alt text

Draco awoken inside of a house in front of a warm fire, with the only memory of him and the wolf during their short conflict.

Alt text

He notices a group of pictures decorated. They were label pictures of people and mystical creatures and he browses through as many before he is interrupted by a dwarf. "What the hell...." Draco as he see's the dwarf. "Yes i sometimes get that alot" the dwarf replied. But really, there is much I need to discuss with you regarding your father, the homelands and the mundy world. Draco interrupted the dwarf and told him "Yeah sorry but as much as I would like to learn more about this fairytale, I have move importants things to do in the REAL world. So if you don't mind..." Gwaghohoho, you are so stubborn and selfish, just like your father. Bare with me young dragon I will gladly take you back to your world but seriously there something you must know. Please come with me and i'll explain everything. Fine, Draco replied and then he followed the dwarf outside to old ruins.

Alt text

While arriving at the entrance, the dwarf explained to Draco he was part of a royal dragon bloodline that date back hundreds of years and through those the royal dragons protected the dragon utopia of Garraz. He also mentioned that Draco's father was a prince and soon to be king before the great exile. "How did you know my father? Draco ask. The dwarfed replied "i met him 80 years ago, when i visited the mundy world in. He saved my life so in returned, I would find you and teach you about your heritage. Really Wolven did the finding though,gwahahhoho" Who is that? Draco asked. The big wolf that attacked you, he's a good friend of your father and me, quite the character he is, the dwarf said. Draco replied "Ohhhhh whats his story...?" "I don't know his whole story, but I do know he is one of the 7 sons of the North Wind and Winter. You may have heard of one of his younger siblings in mundy tales, The big bad wolf." the dwarf explains. "Well that explains alot sort of..." Then suddenly Draco and the dwarf is attacked by a monstrous creature.

Alt text

"What the actual fuck is that thing?!" Draco yelled. IT'S A WENDIGO, WATCH OUT FOR IT'S CLAWS, the dwarfed screamed. Draco appears to be weaker and slower due to the side effects from the crest. The wendigo scratches Draco's arm, badly wounding him. Suddenly as the monster draws in to finish Draco off, it is suddenly tackled by who it appears to be Wolven. Relieved, the injured Draco tries to to help Wolven and tries to transform to his dragon but he is still affected by the side effects of the crest. As the battle rages on the wendigo tries to grab Wolven, but his swiftness is out matches the monster. Wolven the manages to bite the wendigos neck and tears part of its flesh off. The Wendigo falls the the ground in pain, before triggering its powerful regeneration, then mutters "Well well, my Master sure knows how to choose them..." Wolven then replies "Soon your master will be another bloodstain on my fangs,and the rest of your monstrous clan." Then the wendigo grins then vanishes into the forest....

"Are you ok?" Wolven to Draco. "Yeah im fine...hurts like hell, but fine." Good, Wolven replied. "I need to pay someone a visit Dewloren will guide you back to your world after your wounds are tended to." Draco showed disprovement and demanded that Wolven answer his questions. I will tell you everything I know a soon as I can, but right now you need to get back to your world.. please Draco." In unsatisfaction, Draco muttered "Fine, but before he would leave, Draco demanded that Wolven, tell him who and where exactly his father was. "Right now I can say is that he is in this world, alive but needs our help. But right now you need to rest and return you world. Besides, this wont be the last time we will meet." said Wolven. Draco nodded in approval, then is helped up by Dewloren who ask Wolven, "So this is really happening. The war is really happening...?" Wolven looked away and said " We could end this before it actually happens we just need to tie up loose ends" before dashing away into the night.

Alt text

"Does he always do that?" Draco, said. Dewloren laughs and the 2 returned to the cabin while being watched by a mysterious woman hidden behind the trees who then turns into a bird like creature and flies away.....

To be continued to part 4

edited

Part 2: One night around 1:30 AM after going home from one of his races, Draco feels a strong wind blowing north of him. He is then attac

• I'm at a loss for words, just simply amazing. You are on a roll!

Part 3 Lyla Smith "Let sleeping dog's lie" Snow White paced back and forth. In her hand was Lyla's file; she was flipping back and for

• Thank you! ;) I'm having so much fun with this!

I'm at a loss for words, just simply amazing. You are on a roll!

• Love this pictures really made really added to this story just beautiful and love story just awesome can't wait for the rest

Part 3 Draco preparing to strike suddenly halts and the aura from the crest reverts him back into his human form, and renders him unconsc

• Sensational managed to write a story about the TWAU but give it very realistic side so reader can relate to what's happening. Such great descriptions and tension on edge reading this just great MOAR please

Part 3 Lyla Smith "Let sleeping dog's lie" Snow White paced back and forth. In her hand was Lyla's file; she was flipping back and for

• MOAR

TheGeek11 posted: »

Personality: Asshole, Sarcastic Weapon: Cricket Bat with the words Saggy Bob Nickname: Saggy Bob

• edited May 2014
    Part 4 Lyla Smith

"Fetch."

Lyla was up before the sun that morning. Everyone in the house was still asleep, which gave her the perfect opportunity to leave early. She didn't want another incident like the night before. Lyla wanted to get there in time before Georgie changed his mind. It would take a simple phone call to the bussiness office and she could kiss this life goodbye. Lyla didn't want to take that chance today. She grabbed a quick bite to eat and walked out the door. Before that, she left a simple note on the door. "Went for a walk-be back soon. Love you." She wore her hair in a simple messy side pigtail that morning. It was very cold, so she wore blue jeans, a simple white t-shirt, black converse and a thick jacket. She refused to get sick and began walking down the cold, quiet sidewalk. The city almost looked peaceful early in the morning; there was not a whole lot of commotion and besides the occasional honking of a horn, she could hear her thoughts. Lyla reached into her jacket pocket and took out a cigarette she 'found' last night near the sheriff's desk. Maybe this is why he smokes so much, she thought. Explains the drinking, too. Maybe I should have taken that drink from Georgie....Lyla was so taken back by her thoughts, she did not see the person coming up and ran into him. This made him drop his coffee and nearly caused Lyla to stumble. She turned around and found the man picking up what was left of his coffee. How rude, she thought.

"Uh, hello-excuse you! I was walking here!"

"Yeah well, so was I but you were too damn busy with your head in the clouds to pay any attention! Now look-my fucking coffee is everywhere and I'm late for work!"

"That is not my problem! Maybe you should have been paying more attention instead!"

The man went silent. He turned around and looked directly at her. His hair was slicked back; one ear had piercings, a scar trailed over his right eye and that same eye was white; empty glance staring back. He was wearing a brown jacket, jeans and boots. Lyla could see his white tee was covered in coffee now. She felt bad and put out her cigarette. She walked up to the guy, reached in her pocket and took out a napkin. The man looked confused.

"The fuck. Do you always keep napkins in your pocket like this?"

"Yeah. My mom always told me you never know when you're going to need one. I guess she was right."

Lyla giggled but the man's facial expressions never changed. He did not seem amused by her comment and she continued cleaning what she could. She finally finished cleaning what she could. The man stood there, just looking at her.

"There you go. Umm, look sorry about the shirt...and coffee. I can buy you another one. I was actually heading to one before I went to work. Well, its not work. More like volunteer work. Well, I guess its-"

"It's fine. Fuck, you always talk this much so fucking early?"

"Sorry. So, no on that coffee..."

She could hear the man let out a deep sigh. He took a quick glance at his watch, then back at her.

"Well, I'm already late. What's a few more, right? Hey, maybe if I DO get fired, your dear ol' dad can help me out? Oh, how 'bout the sheriff? I'm sure with the two of them, everything will be ok!"

Lyla could easily detect the sarcasm in his answer. She did not have time for this and was quick to forget about it.

"Ok, look, I'm sorry. I feel terrible as it is. Here. I have 5 bucks. Get yourself a new cup and if you do get in trouble, I'll mention you to them, Mr. umm..."

As she handed him the money, he took it, glanced at it and placed it back in her hands. As he did, his face had a slight smile on it.

"Gren. Name is Gren."

"Lyla."

"Well, Lyla, this has been an interesting start to my morning. On my top 5 so far. Look, I'm heading down King street. You heading that direction for work...or whatever thing it is you're doing?"

King street was located 3 blocks from the Pudding N Pie. Lyla felt no harm in taking a quick detour with Gren, so the two headed down the sidewalk. The whole way there, the two walked in silence. At first, she was not sure about this but after awhile, she did not mind it. As they reached a 4 way intersection, he finally spoke.

"The light is red. Will take awhile. This intersection always does. So, were are you heading to if you don't mind?"

"Well, it's not really work...its more like oh, I don't know...fuck, what would you call it?"

"Heh, that's pretty fucking hilarious when you can't even remember what you're doing out here."

"You know my father?"

"Where the fuck did that come from?"

"Well, no. You just mentioned him and the sheriff and I-"

The light turned green and before she could finish, Gren was quickly walking away. Lyla had to run after him to catch up. He continued to walk; he was silent and Lyla was not too sure if that was something he wanted to talk about. Being so high up was both a curse and gift; lately, it was a curse. Finally, Gren spoke.

"Yeah, I know your father. Sheriff REALLY well. He and I go way back, that lap dog and I. Things have gotten better but not by much. I still work my ass off, day by day, just to afford this fucking glamour and all you guys do is sit around, kissing the mayor's ass, looking the other way and you have everything taken care of for you. If they don't look the 'part,' your precious daddy takes them away, you walk beside them and that is that. The sheriff then walks around, bothers the hell out of the rest of us, that bitch Snow White just looks at you like a deer in headlights and I return to my shit fuck apartment and do ALL of this all over again. So yeah, I know your father VERY well."

"Wow...I had no idea..."

Lyla grew silent. She really needed to control her words from here on out. She could feel tears forming in her eyes. 'Don't cry,' she thought. 'Don't cry. It's weakness...you're strong....you're a wolf, not a mundy. You can handle your emotions....' Gren looked over at Lyla. Right away he could see her facial expression, sighed again and forced her to stop. Lyla looked up at Gren; he was trying to avoid eye contact with her but couldn't quite get it. Instead, the two stood in silence. He reached up and wiped away a tear.

"Fuck, look. I'm sorry. I said too much. It's just, I'm tired, I hate this town...I have fucking coffee on my shirt!"

"It's ok. I get it...I'm late myself. I really need to get going..."

Lyla turned to walk towards the club. As she did, Gren grabbed her wrist. This caused her to stop, look back and see him smiling

"Look, wolfy, I'm sorry. Ok. Let's start over. Name is Gren, you are Lyla. The coffee is no big deal and I was wondering if you were not too busy to hang out later tonight?"

"I might be busy but maybe another time."

She took out a napkin and wrote down her number. She handed Gren a blank one and as he wrote down his number, Lyla chuckled. This caused Gren to let out a slight laugh.

"I guess my mom was right...these stupid napkins do come in handy."

They exchanged napkins. Lyla looked at her's; it listed his number and the Trip Trap's address.

"This is the bar the sheriff goes to every now and then."

"Yeah, I go there after work for hours. You'll find me there. So, I hope everything goes great for you in your job, er, I mean...whatever the fuck it is you;ll be doing. See you soon?"

Lyla simply walked away and continued walking down the sidewalk. She was smiling from ear to ear by the time she reached the Pudding and Pie. Before she could open the door, Georgie was standing there, holding crowd control. This came as a surprise to her.

"Oh, my dear. Don't mind this ol' thing. Had it just in case I had to do some animal control myself!"

Georgie laughed and ushered Lyla inside. The club was just like the city early in the morning; quiet, peaceful and had a strange feeling to it. Before Lyla could speak, Georgie was sitting in a chair near a stage. She followed him over. In his right arm, he held a boom box. In the other, a glass of alcohol; the well built man, known as Hans, had brought it to him. As he took a sip, he looked over at Lyla.

"Ah, nothing like a cold glass of whiskey early in the morning, eh wolf? Well, go ahead and get ready, love. Your training starts today. Hans, show her where the dressing room is."

Hans stood beside her and she was soon following him down into a room located near the bar. As she turned back to look at Georgie, he was watching her walk away, still taking sips from his cup.

"Oh, I'm going to love playing fetch with you, love!"

Lyla was now regretting ever leaving the comfortable arms of her father, the business office and Bigby.
  • Another great chapter must took you so long to write loved this very sweet and nice

Part 4 Lyla Smith "Fetch." Lyla was up before the sun that morning. Everyone in the house was still asleep, which gave her the per

• Thank you. :) Running with it!

Another great chapter must took you so long to write loved this very sweet and nice

• Whoa, whoa, did Gren just score a date? XD

Part 4 Lyla Smith "Fetch." Lyla was up before the sun that morning. Everyone in the house was still asleep, which gave her the per

• Hmmm....could be.....?? :D

Whoa, whoa, did Gren just score a date? XD

• edited May 2014
    (huffs and puffs another cig) Haha, alrighty then! Keep doing what you're doing, fellow storyteller!

Hmmm....could be.....?? :D

• edited May 2014
    I'll be honest I was reading this thinking wow it's like a romantic comedy why can't real life work like this if I spilled boiling hot coffee all over a girl by accident I'd get a slap not a date lol it was nice reading someone try something different in a TWAU story so applaud you for trying something creative and different

Hmmm....could be.....?? :D

• That's what I was aiming for. :) Something different and upbeat....for now....:D

I'll be honest I was reading this thinking wow it's like a romantic comedy why can't real life work like this if I spilled boiling hot coffe

• ....for now....: SPOILER so next chapter is going to be graphic and violent because if it is I won't object lol

That's what I was aiming for. :) Something different and upbeat....for now....:D

• lol so true

Every fucking time I read this thread title I read it as "Fart a Story".

• A weretiger brings something new to an established idea; I'm curious to know more.

Name: Brannon. Age: Thirty four. Race: Weretiger. [ His personality and abilities will be depicted in the story.] History: Br

• You know, I read your first three parts last night, part four just now, and could easily go on to read more. It's nicely written, the story fits smoothly into the universe, and the individual character's mannerisms are spot on. Though gritty there are moments of calm, which make it seem natural and therefore believable. Keep running!

• The pictures are a great touch and I particularly enjoy the dwarf's laugh. Intrigued to read what happens in part four :)

Part 3 Draco preparing to strike suddenly halts and the aura from the crest reverts him back into his human form, and renders him unconsc

• Appreciate the enthusiasm! It'd be pretty epic if everyone added to one story - get different ideas and perspectives in. Possible unfeasible though haha.

Thanks Noir now your turn to make the greatest story ever written so excited to see the epicness

• XP

Heh, mayyyybe...

• lol yes would be once got to my chapter just kill all chapters for fun lol but maybe one day we can dream and no prob really looking forward to your epic tale
    LupineNoir posted: »

Appreciate the enthusiasm! It'd be pretty epic if everyone added to one story - get different ideas and perspectives in. Possible unfeasible though haha.

• edited May 2014
    Part 5 Lyla Smith

"Doghouse"

After Lyla changed her outfit into a jewel studded bikini provided by the wonderful, ever so loving Georgie, she took the time to sit and clear her thoughts. Georgie gave her and hour to get ready; he wanted to 'see' what she was capable of. She agreed to be a stripper and ONLY this; she didn't need anything about her whereabouts reach the business office or hell, her father. Georgie didn't like the idea at first and explained the policy of the Pudding & Pie; discretion is their guarantee, no one would know she was there and any information that they DID find out would stay a secret, no matter what. But Lyla was not too sure of this. You can only hide so many skeletons in your closet before someone detects the rotting smell of the truth. He eventually agreed and allowed her to work 3 nights as a dancer. She was given the name April Showers. Georgie was strange like that and allowed his girls to create a alter ego. Personally, Lyla thought it was simply for his mere pleasure out of it but why complain about it. This man was going to shut his mouth for her. Lyla reached into her purse and fished out the napkin from earlier. She desperately wanted to call Gren and head over to the Trip Trap but she knew that was impossible at the moment. She hadn't gone out these doors looking how she did and already Lyla was sick of this place. Before Lyla began applying on her 3rd coat of lipstick, there was a knock at the door. Lyla got up, walked to the door and opened to see a beautiful woman standing before her. In her hand, she held Georgie's phone.

"You have a call, Lyla. She said she's your sister, Mary?"

Lyla swears her heart stopped beating that very second. Her knees buckled up and her hands curled up into a fist. She quickly began thinking of happy thoughts-baby animals, sunshine, her family...Gren....anything to help the beast stay inside. Last thing she needed was to behead this poor girl. She didn't do a damn thing....Lyla grabbed the phone and with a shaky hand, pressed it to her ear.

"Thank you, Nerrisa."

Lyla closed the door behind her and took a seat. What would she say? What could she say? Out of her three older sisters, Mary was the kind, understanding one. The order went like this: Gina, the oldest and a wolf like her father and herself; then it was Mary. She was human like mom. Mary LOVED sheep. Hell, she even had one follow her one day to school. That was hard for dad; how he wanted to eat that poor little lamb. Carla was next; she was human as well but her sense of smell was too much like dad. Bigby and dad always joked with Carla that one day, she would wake up covered in fur and run on all fours. That never happened. Then, there was little Lyla, the baby and surprise of the family. Now, she was too much like daddy in all ways. Only thing she had from mom seemed to be her ability to make amazing pot roast. Wow, how that helps you. Lyla crossed her fingers and prayed Mary would understand.

"Mary. How did you get this number? How did you even know I was here?"

"Lyla, sweetie. Since when do you go for walks that damn early? Thank God I got up in time before anyone else noticed the note. You can't fool mom and dad THAT easily, dear baby sister. I also found your file on dad's desk. I saw this guy's name...who the hell names their kid Georgie, am I right...and this number was located below it. So, I called it."

"Dad has my file at home..."

"Uh, yes. He always has your file with him. As a matter of fact, everyone's files are here. No one knows that but the sheriff. He thinks it would be best for the whole family, especially after the little incident years ago. You know, the one wi-"

"Yes, Mary. I know. Please."

"Sorry, sis. It's just, I'm worried. A strip club? Why are you there?"

Lyla wanted so bad to tell Mary the truth. To have Mary swoop in and save her from this place. But she stopped herself and knew this was her own stupid fault and didn't want to put anymore grief and worry on the family. So, with a heavy heart and a smile on her face, she pushed that very thought out.

"Georgie and I are really good friends, Mary. He offered me a job 3 days out of the week; I would only be dancing and everything I earn is mine. I just have to-"

"Sleep with him."

"Mary, wha-"

"Lyla, sweetie. Open your eyes! Georgie, a friend? We ALL know that scumbag does not want friends. He want's you to sleep with him, be his girl....his bitch, sweetie! He's telling YOU what to do, WHERE to go so he can keep you close to him!"

Lyla already suspected this when Georgie mentioned he was 'tired' of Vivian; that used to be his girl for years. She didn't want to believe it but knew there was a chance this was the truth. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. She could hear Hans call her name, then a sudden second of Georgie yelling out her name.

"Mary, I have to go. Please, don't tell mom OR dad anything. Please. I have to do this. You'll understand and I promise I'll tell you soon but don't say anything to them....I can't keep disappointing them."

"You don't, Lyla. You worry them, not disappoint. Look, you're a smart kid. Hell, when you were 2 you figured out how to reach the cookie jar and eat all but one cookie. Just, promise me you'll be careful. Whatever is going on, they could handle it better than preparing your funeral....I love you, butthead. I'm always here for you."

Lyla couldn't find the words to speak. Her mouth was dry and she felt like something was lodged in her throat. All she could do was stare at the wall. After a few seconds, she heard a click and the phone was dead; no one was on the other end. Lyla got up and head for the door. As she turned the knob, Georgie was there, hands folded against his chest, that same stupid sour look he gave her the day before.

"Yes. I was on the phone..."

"With who?"

"My sister. Is that okay, master or do i have to let you know next time? Do I also have to tell you when I'm taking a shit as well?"

She was expecting a slap from this guy, hell, even an insult. Instead, he chuckled and smiled. This Georgie sent chills down her spine. At least with the pissed off Georgie, you knew what was coming.

"Haha, this bitch right now. You have jokes, huh bitch? I love it. I needed that laugh. Oh, I'm going to love havin' you in 'ma club. Come with me."

Georgie walked ahead of her and suddenly began to whistle. Lyla stopped in her tracks and realized what he was doing. Like a human to a dog, he was calling her. He turned around and continued to smile. Lyla was disgusted.

"C'mon, doggie, c'mon! Come to daddy! I have a treat for you..."

In his hand, was the photo of the brutally murdered men. Lyla could feel the color fading from her face. The cops must have printed the murders in the paper. That means, the mundies knew about this.

"Oh! Did the doggie not like that, hmmm? Get your stubborn ass over here right fucking now, get on that stage and fucking show me what you got, or I swear to God and all the fuckin' saints, this will be at your daddy's desk in seconds! Got it?"

Lyla continued to walk until she reached the stage. She reached the platform, stood by the pole and waited. Georgie took a seat in front of her, held a boombox and looked at her. He reached a finger over and pushed a button that began playing a song.

"Go on, Lyla. Show me something. Turn me one; shake that sweet lil' ass of your's. Please your master. Something, anything. Show me your fuckin' tits for all I care."

As the music played, Georgie's eyes were locked on Lyla the whole time. She closed her eyes, sighed and began dancing. She swung around the pole a few times, then as she finished on the last turn, she took off her bra and threw it at Georgie. He never moved, just continued watching her. Lyla began climbing up the pole, reached the top and slide all the way down, ending with the splits. She noticed Georgie sitting up now and had gotten a lot closer than before. He tilted back his hat and watched Lyla as she got on her hands and knees. She began walking closer to Georgie. Lyla licked her lips the minute their nose and his barely touched. She smiled at him, winked then reached over and took his hat. She was back on her feet, now wearing his hat. Lyla did a few more dance moves, took off his hat and tossed it on the floor.

"There. Fetch."

As the musice finished, Lyla walked off stage and into the back. She sat and waited; God, what the hell did she just do? He was going to come back here and tell her off or worse. As she got dressed, Georgie appeared, clapping. He had the biggest smile on his face. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a large wad of cash. He began counting-100, 200, 300-and when he reached 700, he handed her the cash. Lyla took the cash but was lost for words.

"Now that is what I'm talking about. That, love, THAT fuckin' turned me the fuck on. I have not had this much action in a long time. I was pleased."

Lyla was not sure if thanking him was the proper action at this moment. she simply smiled and got up. As she did, Georgie grabbed her hips and pulled him close. She could feel the warmth of his body against her's, his breathe on her neck.

"Mmmm, oh my dear, Lyla. I'm going to have so much fun with you. You may leave if you want. Your training is complete. See you tomorrow evening."

Lyla grabbed her things, got dressed and left the Pudding & Pie. She checked her watch; almost 1:30. Fuck, her parents must now really be wondering where she is! She suddenly remembered Gren and pulled out the napkin. The address was a little smudged but she knew where to go. After today, a drink did sound good, despite her age. Lyla just prayed a familiar face would calm her nerves. So, down the busy street she walked, hoping to find some comfort in the arm's of a stranger.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.