the dead's redemption: forum story

Comments

• Rushmore is in south Dakota... But, its the thought that counts.

supersagig posted: »

[I-29] northbound, to North Dakota. To Rushmore :P Amazing Chapter!!!!

• Yeah, everyone was demanding blood, so I gave it to them. Lol

finlander posted: »

[I-29] Northbound, north dakota Great work man, seems like people got what they wanted, Hopeless in dead xd

• Thanks!

NoHopeLeft posted: »

[I-90] west ward. Cool chapter. :P

• Part 21?

[ I-29 northbound ]

Sora- well, I guess we head north. That's where we were headed before.

Jack- yeah, maybe that military safe zone has some truth to it.

Sora pulls the swat van forward through the intersection and onto the ramp.

Jack- hey, uh. Sorry if I kinda came off like a dick back at the church.

Sora- don't worry about it. You have your reasons.

Jack- look, you seem like good people. Like you got your act together. I just wanted to let you know I'm with you guys.

Sora- thanks.

Sora focuses on the road again, blocking out everyone's talking. She notices something in the road ahead and begins to slow the van down.

Jack- why are you slowing down?

Sora- there's something in the road.

Jack- don't know if you've forgotten, but your driving a swat van. The things practically a tank, we could probably just ram through it.

Sora- yeah, your probably right. Hold on to something.

Sora begins to accelerate, as they get closer she can tell its a car. But something else catches her eye and she quickly brakes.

Jack- why are you braking?

Sora- don't you see the fucking human?

Jack looks it the window and sees a figure laying in the road.

Jack- seriously, their dead.

Sora- no, I just saw them move.

Jack- probably because its a walker!

Sora- you said you were with us. If that's true, come with me.

Jack- fine. We'll go see your walker buddy then we can get a move on.

Jack and sora climb out of the cab and onto the road. They begin to walk towards the body.

Jack- this is a waste of time, let's just go.

Sora- shut up.

They reach the body and stand over it. It doesn't move.

Jack- are you happy? Let's go.

Sora- I guess your right. Let's go ba-

The body moves. And in one swift move jumps up and gets sora in a choke hold and points a gun at jack.

???- who the fuck are you?

Jack- were just people. Were headed north. Just put the gun down and we can work out a deal. We have supplies and-

???- I don't want your shit.

Jack- what do you want then?

???- how about that truck? My cars broken.

Jack- what? Fuck no.

???- hey, I have a gun on you. Do you really want to get shot?

Jack- sure.

???- fine suit yourself.

The mans hands begins to tremble as he aims his gun. He holds his gun for a second then drops it and let's go of sora.

???- damnit. I can't just kill you. I just want to get back to my people. I don't want your truck.

Sora- how about a ride?

???- really you'd do that?

Jack- are you fucking insane? He just tried to kill us!

Sora- but he didn't.

Choice

[Leave figure]

[Give man a ride]

• [Give man a ride]

I think this might be a bad idea...But i also think the other option might be a bad idea... :P

mr.quality posted: »

Part 21? [ I-29 northbound ] Sora- well, I guess we head north. That's where we were headed before. Jack- yeah, maybe that military

• Leave figure

Motherfucker almost killed my character :D

Part 21? [ I-29 northbound ] Sora- well, I guess we head north. That's where we were headed before. Jack- yeah, maybe that military

• edited December 2014

The option that make Sora live :P

• Part 22

Give man a ride

Sora- let's go, get in the van.

Jack- are you fucking serious?

Sora- yes. And that's that.

Jack turns and walks back towards the van. The man walks next to sora.

???- thanks for the ride, the names kyle by the way.

Sora- don't mention it. So where you headed?

Kyle- I was headed back towards my camp. Were set up at the highway state patrol up the road.

Sora- OK, were headed that way anyway.

Kyle gets in the back of the van and sora gets in the cab. Jack looks pissed.

Sora- I know your pissed.

Jack- pissed?! He could fucking kill one of us!

Sora- its for the best.

Jack- we can't just take in everyone deadbeat we find on the road.

Sora- we can't just leave them either.

Jack goes silent for a long time. Sora sees a road sign that's marked with 'Highway State Patrol' and the words 'alive inside' spray painted below. This must be the exit. Sora pulls off onto the exit ramp. She follows the signs until a biking with a highway state patrol sign in front of it. She pulls into the parking lot and turns the van off.

Sora- this must be it.

Jack- good, now we can get rid of that shit.

Sora gets out of the cab and kyle gets out to. A person walks out of the building with a rifle.

???- who are you?

Kyle- put my rifle down before you shoot your foot off Irma.

Irma- oh, its you. Back so soon. Who's this?

Kyle- this is sora, she gave me a ride after that piece of shit car you gave me broke down.

Irma- hey, what do you expect? We pulled it out of the impound lot.

Kyle- so, where's everyone else?

Irma- that's the thing. I have no clue. They left me and Seth here and went to look for you.

Kyle- fucking great. What now?

Irma-its going to get dark soon. We can go look in the morning. And what about you, sora. You can stay here if you want. Tonight.

Choice

[Keep on heading north]

[Stay at the highway state patrol]

Sorry its a little short. I've been doing stuff all day. Hope you still like it.

• [Keep on heading north] I don't really trust them...

Cool part!

Part 22 Give man a ride Sora- let's go, get in the van. Jack- are you fucking serious? Sora- yes. And that's that. Jack turns

• Thanks!

[Keep on heading north] I don't really trust them... Cool part!

• [Stay at the highway state patrol]

Awesome Part!!!!

Part 22 Give man a ride Sora- let's go, get in the van. Jack- are you fucking serious? Sora- yes. And that's that. Jack turns

• Keep on heading north

• [Keep heading north]

Irma- so, you want to stay?

Sora- I think were good, we got to head north.

Irma- OK that's fine, but thanks for bring kyle back.

Sora- yeah, no problem.

Sora turns and walks back to the van and gets in the cab. She pulls out of the parking lot and back onto the highway heading north.

Sora- so any clue where were headed?

Dan- that way.

Sora- oh, Dan its you. I thought jack was up here.

Dan-he want back to the back. Anyway, how are we on fuel?

Sora checks the gauge.

Sora- enough, for now.

Dan- good.

They pass a road sign. Dan looks at sora and smiles.

Dan- did you see it?

Sora- yes I saw it.

Dan- were going right?

Sora- yes. What is your obsession with mount Rushmore about anyway?

Irma- when do you think they'll be back?

Kyle- fuck if I know, why did you send them after me?

Irma- I thought you might be in trouble.

The front door opens and some people walk in.

Erica- we couldn't find him anywhere. We fucking searched everywhere.

Kyle- looks like you didn't search close enough.

Veronica- what? How'd you get here?

Kyle- meet some people on the road. I killed them for the ride.

Irma- shut up kyle. You didn't kill anyone.

Helen- he's trying to keep his 'reputation'.

Brooke- He has a pretty big reputation as an asshole to me.

Kyle- how long are you going to keep bringing that up?

Brooke- until your dead.

Kyle- nice, real fucking nice.

Helen feels a tapping on her shoulder. She turns and sees Seth standing there.

Helen- what?

Seth point towards the door. Helen looks over and sees a man standing there. He looks scared and doesn't have a weapon.

Helen- Don't move! We'll shot!

Everyone turns and sees the man.

Erica- who are you and what do you want?

???- my name is Ronald Travis. I was a scientist at a California research center. I came here because it looked safe. I'm on my way to D.C. if you put the guns down, I'll just go. I need to get to D.C.

[Choice]

[Shoot him]

[Let him go]

[Offer to help]

The new chareacter-

Ronald Travis

6'7'' blue eyes and brown hair.

Scientist

He knows things, a lot of things.

• Offer to help

Great part man. Btw, how do you do that line? I could probably use it in my story too :D

[Keep heading north] Irma- so, you want to stay? Sora- I think were good, we got to head north. Irma- OK that's fine, but thanks fo

• I just typed a few "-" and it made a line if you type a few - in a row it turns into a line.

Offer to help Great part man. Btw, how do you do that line? I could probably use it in my story too

• Thanks

Man

I just typed a few "-" and it made a line if you type a few - in a row it turns into a line.

• Yup!

No problem

Thanks Man

• [Offer to help]

[Keep heading north] Irma- so, you want to stay? Sora- I think were good, we got to head north. Irma- OK that's fine, but thanks fo

• [Shoot him]

Stranger Danger

Cool Part!!!

• Sora

Sora pulls off the highway and onto an exit ramp. Dan was smiling like a lunatic.

Dan- I'm finally gonna get to see it. My dad was supposed to bring me here before he got busy at work. And then this happened.

Sora- sorry to hear that. Mount Rushmore is a pretty cool place.

Dan- I just can't wait to see it for myself.

The mount Rushmore parking lot comes into view and sora stops the van and gets out. For the apocalypse, the park looked pretty good. The mountain itself was barely visible through the trees. But sora could see the top of the mountain.

Dan- I can't see it.

Sora- we can get closer.

Zayne- why did we stop?

Dan- Rushmore.

Jack- so we stopped to do some sight seeing?

Sora- yup.

Jack- fair enough.

Everyone walks down the path leading to the mountain. Soon the entire mountain is visible. It looked like it hadn't been touched. Although, Washington has seen better days.

Sora- so is it what you expected?

Dan- yeah, it is. I wish electricity still was working. I'd take a picture.

Susan- there might be some postcards in the gift shop.

Dan- yeah, let's go check it out. I think they have water in gift shops too.

Every walks to the building that was the welcome center. Inside is the gift shop. The entire place was clean, untouched by the apocalypse. Dan walks over to a rack of post cards and begins to shuffle through them. The other go through the rest of the inventory looking for anything useful. There's q few water bottles on the shelf. A few candy bars and packs of gum. They were to busy to notice a person walk in the front door.

???- you could have just asked. Now put your weapons down and we can talk this through.

Everyone turns to see a woman staring there in a park ranger outfit. She has a rifle aimed in their direction.

[Choice]

[Shoot her]

[Surrender]

• Surrender

Starting a shooting is just gonna get people killed

Sora Sora pulls off the highway and onto an exit ramp. Dan was smiling like a lunatic. Dan- I'm finally gonna get to see it. My dad wa

• [Shoot her]

Stranger Danger :P

Sora Sora pulls off the highway and onto an exit ramp. Dan was smiling like a lunatic. Dan- I'm finally gonna get to see it. My dad wa

• [Surrender]

• Current vote is tied 2-2 so I'm going to vote...

• [Shoot her]

???- just pit those guns down slowly.

bang

A shot rings out and echo's out into the building. The park ranger falls dead with a hole in her head. Jack walks over to the body and takes the rifle.

Sora- what the fuck was that?!

Jack- saving our asses. Let's get all that food and get out.

Everyone goes back to sorting through the gift shop. Sora checks under the counter and finds a bag full of food.

Sora- I got some food over here.

Jack- that's great. Let's get ready to move out.

There's a loud banging on the front door. Sora looks over to find walkers piling up at the door.

Sora- fuck! That shot brought walkers!

Zayne- out the back door, now!

Everyone rushes down the hallway to the backdoor only to find walkers piling up on it to.

Sora- fuck! What now?

Everyone heads back into the main lobby. Now walkers are gathering at the windows.

Sora- we need a plan.

Zayne- like what? Were kinda stuck in here.

The door begins to give away and the windows start to crack.

Jack- shit. We don't have much time. How much ammo y'all got?

Sora- my mags full

Zayne- seven shots.

Dan- three shots.

Susan- I left my gun in the van... I have a knife.

Jack- is that all we have? Damn. Looks like were going out in a blaze of glory.

Bianca- I have a few grenades.

Jack- what?! Where did you get those? Oh well, there going to save our lives.

Bianca- I have three. I found them in the van.

Bianca hands jack the grenades. Two of them are fragment and one is one of those that make a lot of noise and a lot of sound.

Jack- OK I have a plan. Just stay close and be ready.

Irma- just go. We don't want any trouble.

Ronald- thank you. You'll never see me again. I promise.

Erica- wait. You said D.C., like as in Washington DC?

Ronald- yes. That's where the lab is. I'll be able to input my data and construct a cure within a few days.

Kyle- cure? You can end this?

Ronald- yes I can.

Brooke- is it safe though?

Ronald- the road there is hell. As for the city itself I have no clue, I haven't received any contact in weeks.

Erica- do you by any chance need help?

Ronald- define help.

Erica- we keep you safe, you bring us to DC. After that, we head our separate ways, you save the world, and this all ends.

Ronald- I would be much obliged to have your company. Only one problem.

Kyle- what?

Ronald- I don't have a car.

Irma- there's a minivan in the impound lot and there's also a few police cruisers.

[Choice]

[Take minivan]- low gas mileage, lots of storage, offers protection.

[Take police cruiser]- medium gas milage, low storage, offers speed.

• [Take Minivan]

[Shoot her] ???- just pit those guns down slowly. bang A shot rings out and echo's out into the building. The park ranger falls dea

• [Take minivan]

[Shoot her] ???- just pit those guns down slowly. bang A shot rings out and echo's out into the building. The park ranger falls dea

• Jack- just stay down. And when you see an opening, run.

The door gives way and walkers begin to flood the building. Some take note of the dead body laying on the floor, other wander around in search for the survivors. Jack looks at the grenades and takes the noise maker, he throws it towards to body. It explodes with a concussion of sound and a dire ball of light. The walkers instinctively gathered around it. Jack takes one of the frag grenades and throws it into the crowd. It explodes sending walker parts all over the room. Jack saves the other one and pulls out his gun.

Jack- everyone, on me! Move.

Jack darts down the hallway with the others right behind him. Sora trips on an arm but gets up and continues to run. Once everyone is out of the building jack looks in, the other door and windows had given away and walkers contained to flood in. the others are far ahead of him now, so he starts to run again. He runs down the path towards the van, but trips on something. He tries to stand but can't, his leg is caught.

Jack- help! Someone! Please!

Jacks yells got the attention of the group but it also got the attention of the walkers, who were now after an easy meal. They began to close in, and the others couldn't do anything. Sora began to approach jack.

Jack- don't! Stay back, get to the van.

Sora- we can't just leave you!

Jack pulls out his gun and starts to shoot the walkers that are close. His efforts do nothing, since now he's attracted all the walkers. Its only a matter of moments until they reach him.

Choice

[Try to save him]

[Leave]

Erica- we'll take the van. Its safer. Get all the supplies you can. Were leaving in an hour.

Everyone disperses to get supplies, kyle goes out to search the police cruisers. Others go to get food and other supplies. In about forty minutes they had scavenged all the supplies and siphoned three cans of gas. They were ready to hit the road. They began to walk out the doors. Kyle walks next to Ronald. Kyle hands him a pistol.

Kyle- thought if we were heading across the country you might need a gun. I found it in a cruiser. You know how to use it?

Ronald- yeah, my brother was an officer in California.

Kyle- good. Let's go.

Everyone gets into the van.

Irma- so are we taking the highway or the back roads?

Choice

[Highway]- more chance of getting gas, offers direct route but may have bandits or roadblocks.

[Back roads]- low chance of getting gas, indirect route but has less chance of bandits and roadblocks

• [Leave]

[Back roads]

Jack- just stay down. And when you see an opening, run. The door gives way and walkers begin to flood the building. Some take note of the

• [Try to save him] There's still a chance we can save him.

[Back roads] i would go with 'Highway' but the roadblocks scare we more than the bandits.

Jack- just stay down. And when you see an opening, run. The door gives way and walkers begin to flood the building. Some take note of the

• Try to save him - We can't just fucking leave him, he just saved our asses ;D

Back roads - No bandits :p

Great job!

• Yeah, but on the back roads, if you run out of has you'll probably be walking...

[Try to save him] There's still a chance we can save him. [Back roads] i would go with 'Highway' but the roadblocks scare we more than the bandits.

• I didn't say no bandits... :)

Try to save him - We can't just fucking leave him, he just saved our asses ;D Back roads - No bandits Great job!

• That's why their so scary. :P

Yeah, but on the back roads, if you run out of has you'll probably be walking...

• LESS bandits

I didn't say no bandits...

• [Try to save jack]

Sora moves in, getting close to jack to see what he was caught in. His leg was caught in a chain, that was attached to a pole a few feet away. Jack continues to shoot walkers as sora trembles with the chain.

Jack- its no use, I'm almost out of ammo and their closing in. Just go.

Sora- I'm not leaving you.

With hands trembling, sora goes back to work on the chain. It just won't come loose.

Jack- fuck! I'm out of ammo. Just go!

Sora- no!

Sora ignores jacks warning and proceeds to mess with the chain, seeming to only make it worse. Walkers are now only a feet away.

Jack- this isn't your choice. Go.

Jack shoves sora away as walkers begin to swarm him. Sora is stunned but backs away.

boom

Jack explodes in a glorious eruption of blood and fragments. He used his last grenade so he wouldn't turn. Sora and the others turn to run. They reach the van as walkers begin to follow. Sora starts the van and tears down the road. Soon they are back on the highway north.

Dan- this is my fault.

Sora- how is it your fault?

Dan- had i t not been for me, we wouldn't have stopped there.

Sora- you can't blame yourself for that.

Night begins to fall and sora becomes tired so she let's Dan drive. But her sleep is soon broken.

Dan- were here.

Sora- what do you mean?

Dan- North Dakota, we made it.

Sora- what now?

[ look for military safe zone]

[Head to Canada]

Erica- we take the back roads, its safer.

They pull out onto the roads, the country side is very beautiful. Mountains speckle the plains, a few buffalo wonder in the plains.

Kyle- I bet one of those would taste good.

Soon they pass into Montana, and about 30 mile in Irma pulls to the side of the road.

Kyle- why are you stopping?

Irma- out of gas.

There's a house on the side of the road that may contain gas, but there's also a car a few meters up the road...

Choice

[Check house]

[Check car]

• Edit: that's supposed to say Minnesota. Not Montana.

[Try to save jack] Sora moves in, getting close to jack to see what he was caught in. His leg was caught in a chain, that was attached to

• [Head to Canada] [Check car]

[Try to save jack] Sora moves in, getting close to jack to see what he was caught in. His leg was caught in a chain, that was attached to

• edited December 2014

Head to Canada - Where's colder, it's better. And I'm pretty sure that the military zone's just some bullshit.

Check the house - I know that both of these are gonna lead to something bad :D

Awesome! Can't wait for the next one!

• [Head to Canada]

[Check house]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.