the dead's redemption: forum story

Comments

• [Canada]

Dan- Canada, its colder there. These things don't get around well in snow.

Sora- sounds fine to me.

Dan keeps heading north, the tempature is beginning to drop. In a few hours they will reach the Canadian border, and maybe finally they will be safe. Dan pulls of the main road into a rest area. They are running low on fuel.

Dan- I'm going to get gas out of the cars parked here. You can check the building if you want.

Choice

[Help get gas]

[Check building for supplies]

[Check house]

Kyle- that house over there has to have some fuel in it. Let's check it out. Seth, why don't you stay here with doc. We'll be back soon.

Everyone gets out of the car leaving Seth and Ronald. They approach the house. Irma knocks loudly on the door.

Erica- why are you knocking? No one's going to answer.

There's a loud thumping on the door.

Irma- the dead might, walkers are in there. We could probably take them though.

Kyle- I got an idea.

Kyle leans on the door and twists the knob, the walker inside pushes the door so it opens a little. Kyle struggles to keep the door shut as the walker tries to force its head through the opening.

Kyle- someone kill this thing! I can't hold it forever!

Erica puts a knife in the walkers skull and it falls dead. Its now safe to enter the house, everyone goes in the front door. They look around but find nothing other than a few rifle rounds and some snack bars. There's no gas in the house, but there's a small shed in the back. Kyle walks back towards the front door and finds Brooke just standing there staring towards the ceiling.

Kyle- what are you looking at?

Brooke- him...

Brooke points to a body hanging from the ceiling. It has a rope around its neck and a wooden board nailed to its chest. The word 'weak' is scribbled on the sign. Its legs are missing, at lest the meat. Most likely eaten by the other walker. They body makes small movements when it sees the people staring at it. It was never killed.

Kyle- why? Who did this?

Brooke- someone worse than you. That's saying a lot. Let's just get the gas and get out.

Kyle leaves the house with the others, Brooke stays there. Kyle says nothing but keeps walking towards the shed. Once he reaches it he easily breaks the corroded padlock and opens the shed doors. He sifts around in the junk until he finds what he's looking for. The cans of gas lined on the back wall. He grabs two cans, which are surprisingly heavy and walks back to the car. Ronald is standing outside with Seth. Kyle opens the tanks and pours the gas. Once all three cans are in the tank they are ready to leave.

Kyle- where's Brooke?

Irma- still in the house?

Ronald- I heard a loud noise come from the house. I though something got knocked over but, she may be in trouble.

Choice

[Leave]

[Go back in the house]

• [Check building for supplies]
    [Go back in the house]

mr.quality posted: »

[Canada] Dan- Canada, its colder there. These things don't get around well in snow. Sora- sounds fine to me. Dan keeps heading nort

[Go back in the house]

[Canada] Dan- Canada, its colder there. These things don't get around well in snow. Sora- sounds fine to me. Dan keeps heading nort

• edited December 2014

Where are Eva and Zayne´s sister and mother?

• Sorry, I keep forgetting about charecters. I thought Eva was dead. I'll try to put them in more.

supersagig posted: »

Where are Eva and Zayne´s sister and mother?

[Go back in the house]

• edited December 2014

[Check building for supplies]

Sora- I'll go check that building. There has to be something in it.

Dan- OK, just take someone with you. Better safe than sorry.

Dan gets out of the van and begins siphoning gas out of nearby cars. Sora decides to take Eva with her. Sora gets out of the van and calls for Eva to follow. Eva gets out and begins to walk next to sora. It was calm out. Cold, but a strange sense of safety fell over sora. The building itself looked pretty beat up when they got close. Windows smashed and doors kicked off their hinges.

Eva- looks pretty run down, are you sure you want to check it?

Sora- there has to be something useful inside. Just go in looks around and come back out.

Eva- OK, fine. Let's go.

The two enter the building and the first thing they notice is the smell. Dead bodies and rotting carcasses were sprawled on the floor, and blood was staining the walls.

Sora-what the hell happened here?

Eva- the same thing that happens everywhere. Let's go, check those vending machines there might be something in them.

Sora heads down the hallway towards the vending machines, careful to avoid waking any walkers from there naps. It seems as they had all been shot in the head.

bang

A shot rings out, sora turns to face where it came from, Eva is standing with her gun out a little red faced.

Sora- what happened?

Eva- it scared the shit out of me! Watch yourself, some of them might not he so dead.

They continue moving and reach the vending machines. Eva busts them open to find lots of food inside, mostly chips and crackers. But never the less, food. Satisfied, they head back to the van. Dan was putting the cap back on the tank.

Sora- ready to leave?

Dan- sure. If you want. Were all tired. And, this is an armored vehicle. We could just stay here and rest until morning, that way we'd be refreshed when we reach Canada tomorrow.

Dan has a point, there's no use in getting everyone killed because someone falls asleep behind the wheel, but Canada isn't that far. They could rest when they got there.

choice

[Stay until morning]

[Leave now]

Sorry, they other story will be up tomorrow. I had an FFA meeting today.

• [Leave Now]

[Check building for supplies] Sora- I'll go check that building. There has to be something in it. Dan- OK, just take someone with you.

• [Leave now]

I feel like staying might get someone killed.

[Check building for supplies] Sora- I'll go check that building. There has to be something in it. Dan- OK, just take someone with you.

• [Go back in the house]

That noise could have been anything. But Brooke may be in trouble.

Kyle- c'mon! We gotta go see if Brooke is OK!

Kyle takes off towards the house with his rifle ready. The others follow close behind. Kyle reaches the house and hears continued screaming coming from the living room. When he reaches the living room he initially doesn't see anything. But soon afterwards he sees blood coming from behind the couch. Kyle walks over to the couch and looks behind it. A walker is sinking its teeth into Brooke's throat. Kyle quickly raises his gun and fires, the walker falls dead on the hardwood floor. Kyle how turns his attention back to Brooke, she was laying on the floor convulsing in pain. Choking on her own blood.

Irma- what happened? I heard a shot.

Kyle- its Brooke. She's dead.

Erica- I'm sorry. But we all know what comes next.

Erica pulls her gun and fires a round into Brooke's skull...

later

They had put some good miles between them and that house. But kyle couldn't forget what happened. They plan to reach DC in three days or less. maybe by then he'll be able to put it all behind him. The Doctor guy revealed small portions of his plan, very complicated. Reverse engineering and stuff. Kyle eventually tuned them out and slowly drifted to sleep by the humming of the engine.

[Leave now]

Sora- we can rest when we get there. Its only two hours, not that far.

Dan- OK, let's get this SWAT van rolling.

Dan starts the van and they head out, north. To Canada, safety in a mere two hours.

Dan- so, what do you plan to do when we get to Canada?

Sora- I don't know, survive.

Dan- wow, try not to be to obvious.

The next two hours went by merrily, with joking and laughing. Talk of an illusion known as 'safety'. When they knew they were getting close they even dared to turn the heater on. The miles went by quickly. And soon they were near the boarder, the sign said one mile. Dan stopped the van.

Sora- why are you stopping?

Dan- what if there's bandits at the boarder? We walk the rest the way and when we see its safe we bring the van through.

Sora- OK, let's go then.

They begin to walk and when they see the boarder itself they go into the treeline to stay undetected. When they get closer they see a large American flag and a Canadian flag of similar size on a pole. As they move even closer they notice people, they are patrolling the boarder. They are heavily armed. There are no buildings on the American side, but a large camp mad of military tents and even brick buildings is set up on the Canadian side. Satisfied they go back to the van.

Sora- what now? They have guns.

Dan- we should be fine if we stay in the van, its bulletproof.

Dan starts the van and they drive towards the boarder. When they get near a guard notices, he says something into his radio and motions for them to stop the van.

Dan- what do we do?

choice

[Floor it and run the guard over]

[Stop ]

• [Stop] - Well, it's probably not the best idea to run over the guard.

Cool chapter! :3

[Go back in the house] That noise could have been anything. But Brooke may be in trouble. Kyle- c'mon! We gotta go see if Brooke is OK

• [Floor it and run the guard over] Great Chapter!!!!

[Go back in the house] That noise could have been anything. But Brooke may be in trouble. Kyle- c'mon! We gotta go see if Brooke is OK

• [Stop]

Please don't break into my country eh. I hope they're good... Oh and if they're true Canadian's and you ran the guard over he'd probably say sorry for getting in your way. :]

• LOL. I hope so too.

I actually chuckled when I read that. I almost want that to get voted just so I could put it In. Lol.

• I actually chuckled when I read that. I almost want that to get voted just so I could put it In. Lol.

[Stop] Please don't break into my country eh. I hope they're good... Oh and if they're true Canadian's and you ran the guard over he'd probably say sorry for getting in your way. :]

• [Stop]

Sora- stop the car. There's no need to kill someone.

Dan complies and stops the van. The guard motions for them to roll the window down, Dan dose. The guard moves to the van and looks in at everyone.

Guard- you here to cross the boarder?

Dan- that was the plan. We can still cross the boarder, right?

Guard- yeah, you can cross, stay, leave. You just have to pass a screening first, to make sire no ones bit, or has a disease.

Dan looks at sora, sora nods affirmatively.

Dan- yeah, we'll take that screening.

Guard- any plans on what to do afterward?

Dan- not yet. We'll see what happens with the screening. Just out of curiosity, what happens if someone's actually bit?

Guard- ... We can't keep them, we don't like it but we... Have to,uh, let them go.

Dan- I understand.

Guard- OK, just pull ahead. Another guard will assist you from there.

They pull ahead through the gate, they are now in Canada. Safety has been reached, for now. Another guard is standing up the road, she stops the car and directs them where to go.

Guard- just pull ahead and park in front of the building numbered '5'. We'll take the car and put it in the lot, don't worry we won't steal it.

Dan drives up the road past a few buildings until he finds a building marked with a '5' he stops the van and gets out. Another guard comes out of the building.

Guard- come on, follow me. Its cold out here. If you have any questions, ask me. My names Megan by the way.

Everyone goes into the building, multiple guards are standing against the walls. When Megan walks in the room all the guards stand at attention.

Megan- at ease. These are some new people, looking to enter the country. You know the drill.

Everyone is taken into separate rooms and for the next hour Dan is questioned thoroughly and are bite checked. Every thing dan says is written down and some blood samples are taken. Afterwards the guard thanks Dan for his cooperation and leads him back to the waiting room, where soon all the others arrive. Megan is standing in the hallway talking with a doctor who must have done the testing. Megan walks into the room.

Megan- I have good news and bad news. The good news is you can enter the country , the bad news is one of you is bit.

Sora- who? How?

Megan looks at the paper the doctor had handed her.

Megan- Eva Kirschener.

Dan- what how?

Eva- in that rest stop. A walker bit me. I didn't tell anyone. Don't feel to bad. So what now?

Megan- we can give you the rest of the day, but by sundown...

Eva- I understand...

Megan assigns a guard to follow Eva around in case she turns. The rest of the day was a blur, but at nightfall a flash and a loud bang echoed in the night. In the morning Eva would be buried in the camps graveyard. They were assigned a tent to sleep in. By morning they would have a choice to make. Stay or leave.

[Choice]

[Stay]

[Leave]

• Thanks!

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/88146/what-comes-after-a-walking-dead-fan-fic

• [Stay] Excellent Chapter!!!!!! Pd: Zayne´s family doesn´t exist XD

[Stop] Sora- stop the car. There's no need to kill someone. Dan complies and stops the van. The guard motions for them to roll the win

• Thanks, yes they do... I have plans...

[Stay] Excellent Chapter!!!!!! Pd: Zayne´s family doesn´t exist XD

• [Stay]

Something is wrong about these border guards but sticking around would be interesting.

[Stop] Sora- stop the car. There's no need to kill someone. Dan complies and stops the van. The guard motions for them to roll the win

• Yes, very interesting...

[Stay] Something is wrong about these border guards but sticking around would be interesting.

• [Stay] - No reason not to stay, yet...I bet something is going to happen, i don't know what...But something!

• Stay

• [Stay]

morning

Everyone has gathered in the camps so called 'meeting hall' , its where they serve food, have meetings, ect. Today they were having some sort of soup. Megan walks over to the table Sora is sitting at.

Megan- I know we didn't get off great, but we need to know if your staying.

Sora- were staying. Its not safe out there.

Megan- great, we can always use new hands. Were getting a little short here as is. A large portion of us left awhile ago and never came back.

Sora- where did they go?

Megan- DC, I think. They weren't the brightest bunch. A scout found more than half of them dead on the side of a road a few miles from here.

Sora- that sucks...

Megan- they were good people, just stupid. So anyway, you said you a marine?

Sora- at one point, yes. My entire squad was killed. I'm all that's left.

Megan- sorry to hear that. But frankly, your skills can come in handy. We need more guards on the walls. If you don't mind, go talk to Larry and he'll fill you in.

Choice

[Accept wall duty]

[Decline wall duty]

Tomorrow I will post the other story.

• [Decline wall duty]

Cause , why not XD

Great Chapter!!!

[Stay] morning Everyone has gathered in the camps so called 'meeting hall' , its where they serve food, have meetings, ect. Today they

• [Accept wall duty] - She should make herself useful if they plan on staying at this camp. :3

[Stay] morning Everyone has gathered in the camps so called 'meeting hall' , its where they serve food, have meetings, ect. Today they

• [Decline wall duty]

• Accept wall duty

Great chapter again my friend!

• [Accept wall duty] ~ I voted to split the tie.

Sora- yeah, I'll take it.

Megan- great, like I said go talk to Larry. He'll fill you in. Thank you.

Megan walks away before sora could even ask who Larry was. Great, now she's going to have to wonder around until she finds a guy named Larry. May as well check at the wall first. Sora leaves and heads towards the south wall, the same wall they entered through. When she gets there she sees a man standing against the wall.

???- you the new recruit?

Sora- yes. My names sora.

???- great, I'm Larry. The jobs easy, just grab that gun over there and keep an eye out.

Sora grabs the rifle leaning against the wall and looks out down the road, nothing. The streets barren.

Larry- don't tier yourself, if anything comes you'll hear it before you see it. It echo's all over the place out here.

Sora walks over stands near the fire they had built.

Larry- what's your story then?

Sora- same as everyone else I guess.

Larry- ah, I see.

They stand silent for awhile.

Larry- did you hear that?

Sora- hear what?

Larry grabs his gun and looks out into the street. Theres a noise from the treeline. Larry raises his gun. A man comes running out of the woods.

???- open the gates!

Larry- fuck, open the gates now!

Sora and Larry opens the gates and the man runs in. They close the gate behind him. The man is bleeding out of his head and is out of breath.

???- Megan?

Larry- building 3.

The man takes off running down the road towards the buildings.

Sora- who was that?

Larry- a scout. Something must be wrong.

later

A meeting has been called, the man sora let in earlier is standing in front of the room with a bandage on his head.

Megan- everyone quiet! One of our scouts has some news.

Scout- I found them, or more like they found me. But they know where we are, and there coming. They'll be here In full force by morning. We don't have enough time to pack everything up. So grab what you can't survive without. Mainly food and water is all we have time for. Don't bother with anything else.

???- but then you'll just be handing everything over to the enemy.

Scout- better than handing over yer life! You remember what they did to the others don't ya? Thirty there dead on the side of the road with the rest never heard from again.

???- all the more reason to stay and fight!

Scout- that's suicide!

???- running is cowardice. This is our home. And I am not going to give that up.

Scout- stay if you want, I'm leaving.

Megan- I'm staying. What about the rest of you?

Choice

[Stay and fight]

[Run away]

• [Run away]

I´m not suicidial

Excellent Chapter!!

[Accept wall duty] ~ I voted to split the tie. Sora- yeah, I'll take it. Megan- great, like I said go talk to Larry. He'll fill you in

• Thanks!

[Run away] I´m not suicidial Excellent Chapter!!

• [Stay and fight] - I feel like running away would lead to death, but staying would probably do the same. For me it comes down that i want to know who and/or what their running from. I'm just guessing it's another group, if so they clearly aren't to friendly.

[Accept wall duty] ~ I voted to split the tie. Sora- yeah, I'll take it. Megan- great, like I said go talk to Larry. He'll fill you in

• edited December 2014

Survivial Group

Sora Farrell

Dan Hordan

Zayne Gallo

Bianca Gallo

Susan Gallo

Canadian Border Surviviors

Megan

Larry

Scout

Cure Group

Kyle Miles

Seth Green

Erica Brown

Irma Brown

Veronica Redborn

Helen Williams

Roland Travis

• Thanks!

Survivial Group Sora Farrell Dan Hordan Zayne Gallo Bianca Gallo Susan Gallo Canadian Border Surviviors Megan Larry

• Yeah, its safe to say they aren't friendly...

NoHopeLeft posted: »

[Stay and fight] - I feel like running away would lead to death, but staying would probably do the same. For me it comes down that i want to

• Thirty miles west of DC, at the rate they were traveling they would be there soon. They haven't seen to many walkers, which they took as a good sign. Ronald had told everyone his plans on how to kill the virus. Very confusing. But soon they would be there and maybe this would all end. Everyone was on high alert, being this close to the end they didn't want to fail.

Erica- so everyone got the plan?

Irma- I did, don't know about the rest.

Erica- all we need to do is get in the building and keep doc safe while he works. How long do expect that to take?

Ronald- I don't exactly know, we'll need to restore power if its down. Maybe anywhere between 30 minutes and an hour.

Veronica- uh guys, problem...

Helen- what?

Veronica- the roads blocked.

They look down the street and see the city. The roads blocked by a police barricade, there's no signs of any people in the city. But also no signs of walkers.

Ronald- don't worry, its not far from here. We can walk.

Erica- fine, but keep your guard up.

That stop the car and get out.

Ronald- just follow me.

Ronald begins moving down the road and the others follow. No walkers, no people.

Kyle- maybe we finally caught a break.

Irma- just keep your guard up. We don't want to fuck it up this late in the game.

Veronica- Ronald, how far is the building?

Ronald- should be on the next street over.

Ronald keeps walking until he reaches the next street then stops, staring down the road.

Helen- why did you stop?

Ronald- we may have a small problem...

They look down the road, dozens of walkers are wondering around in the street.

Erica- what do we do?

Ronald- if we stay quiet, we can get across the road and get into the building from the back alley.

Irma- OK, let's go stay quiet.

They begin to cross the road careful to not make any noise.

Kyle- hey guys! Wait up! You just left me back there!

Kyle comes running up behind them. Walkers take notice and turn and come towards them.

Ronald- fuck! Hurry, down the alley!

Everyone runs down the alley with walkers following. Ronald finds the door and turns the knob but its locked. The walkers are beginning to close in. Ronald kicks the door down and everyone runs inside. Ronald slams the door shut behind them but it won't stay shut, the lock is broken.

Ronald- help me move some stuff!

Kyle and Seth keep the door shut while the others try to find something. There's a fridge in the corner of the room that might work, but there's a desk that's closer.

Choice

[Move fridge]

[Move desk]

• [Move frigde]

Thirty miles west of DC, at the rate they were traveling they would be there soon. They haven't seen to many walkers, which they took as a g

• Move fridge

Thirty miles west of DC, at the rate they were traveling they would be there soon. They haven't seen to many walkers, which they took as a g

• [Move fridge] - It's probably heavier, let's hope they can move it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.