What Comes After(A Walking Dead Fan-Fic)

Comments

• Is he accepted or not? Why/Why not?

supersagig posted: »

Name Father Jordan Monroe Age 36 Appearance blonde short heddle hair , blue eyes , white skin , 5.5 feet tall Personality Crazy , M

• I have no issue with you using adaptations from the original. By only similar by name, do you mean a different girl called Ivy, the same Ivy eons a different personality, or...?

Zyphon posted: »

Welcome! Also, since you were the only one who seemed to mind me possibly using adaptations of the characters form the original in the so

• I actually like the third idea, since it's less problematic in the long run. We can also try the second one, but, as you said, problems may arise from it.

Also, feel free to use some original characters. Just, don't get overzealous or anything.

Okay, guys, here's several ideas, anyone want to vote on them? Same exact start(or something similar, anyway. This could be fairly uninsp

• I like the third one.

Okay, guys, here's several ideas, anyone want to vote on them? Same exact start(or something similar, anyway. This could be fairly uninsp

• Whatever the majority wants in the case the third one.

• I mean that my adaptation of the character is pretty different to the original character. In fact, I don't think they're similar at all...

So... yeah, basically an original character, so I'm not sure why I've even kept the name Ivy.

I have no issue with you using adaptations from the original. By only similar by name, do you mean a different girl called Ivy, the same Ivy eons a different personality, or...?

• Right, so how about the group actually starts of in the airbase that's mentioned in the game, but never seen. The place where the group supposedly found Mark and was overrun. Idea being that the walkers have left, and a new group has now made it their home.

From this point:

Save-Lots Bandits attack(or, bandits anyway)

Walkers attack

Something else attacks(if anyone has any ideas, let me know)

• edited December 2014

Name: Nicolas Green.

Backstory: He lost most of his family because of him. His father getting bitten in saving him , his big brother sacrificing for him.His mother because of his reckless.The only one left is his little brother , Frederic(8).He decided to not make the same mistakes but he still has the guilt on him. If Frederic dies , Nicolas will die too

Personalty: He acts like a badass who doesn`t care about people but indide him is very emotional and helpful with people. He hates the people that are hipocrite but he is one too. He hates himself. He envy dumb people bracuse he think that they than him are happier.

Apperance: red short curly hair , blue eyes. His clothes are grey slippers , black pants , brown jacket , red t-shirt , grey socks, 5,2 feet tall

Name: Frederic Green

Personality: He likes drawing and is very thoughtful. He doesnt like that the people overprotective or understimate him. He likes helping people. He is kinda cute. He doesnt like people arguing

Apperance: He has red short heddle hair and green eyes. His clothes are a pair of blue shoes , white socks , dark blue pants and a black t-shirt. 3,8 feet tall

• We can go with bandits, and they don't even have to be from Save-Lots (though, I'd fine with either).

Right, so how about the group actually starts of in the airbase that's mentioned in the game, but never seen. The place where the group supp

• Both , Walkers and Bandits. :P

Right, so how about the group actually starts of in the airbase that's mentioned in the game, but never seen. The place where the group supp

• Before I create a character, I need to ask some questions:

• Where this fanfiction is going to start?
    • How long after the apocalypse start?
    • How do you plan to start?
    • What kinds of characters you need most? (No need to answer that, but you can suggest for me to create.)
    1. Around Georgia, close to locations from Season 1.
    2. Soon afterwards, no later than first few months.
    3. We're still deciding on that, I'll let Zyphon go into detail about it.
    4. As long as it's an interesting character, anyone will do, so, feel free to try and make one.
    TheUnkGuy posted: »

Before I create a character, I need to ask some questions: * Where this fanfiction is going to start? * How long after the apocalypse

• edited December 2014

Ok, thank you, I'll think on a character.

Lingvort posted: »

* Around Georgia, close to locations from Season 1. * Soon afterwards, no later than first few months. * We're still deciding on that, I'l

• Macon, Georgia
    • Between Season One and Two, so about... a year after the apocalypse.
    • It seems we've decided on starting with a group in the Air Force Base in Macon, with bandits attacking soon after, forcing them to leave Macon
    • Anyone, pretty much any character will be accepted.
    TheUnkGuy posted: »

Before I create a character, I need to ask some questions: * Where this fanfiction is going to start? * How long after the apocalypse

• Accepted.

Name: Nicolas Green. Age: 12. Backstory: He lost most of his family because of him. His father getting bitten in saving him , his big

• He will bond with Melody (cause she knew about tech) , Riley (he likes her) and Linda (cause she is caring) and Frederic and Nicholas Green (cause he needs male friends). He will also likes being with Thomas.

Accepted.

• A year is a really long time...

* Macon, Georgia * Between Season One and Two, so about... a year after the apocalypse. * It seems we've decided on starting with a group

• Anyone want to start? :p

• Before we start, I'd like to say this.

I don't want to start anyway near the game's cast, nor the comic cast. I personally feel that we should cover a different part of the US, or a different continent. Somewhere where the lore doesn't tell us how they're doing and we can decide the state of said area ourselves. Anyway, before we actually start (if we're doing that now) I need to quickly submit a character.

• Name: Aaron Kenway

Backstory: A man who was at university prior to the apocalypse, he never managed to see his family. He presumes they are dead, and regrets his mistake of not being at home to protect his little sister every day. This has hardened him greatly, and he has since become a quite and distant person; if you manage to befriend him then you may manage to meet the friendly and humurous young man that Aaron once was. (This backstory is for if we start late in the apocalypse, if early then I will gradually progress his change of character from fear to depression to anger, and then to the distant state he is in now).

Personality: A quite and distant man, who rarely comes out of his shell but is very protective. He is by no means a leader of the group, but he is a capable fighter with his machete (an 18th birthday gift from his family - his most treasured possession) and will die before he lets anyone else be hurt. Upon gaining his trust, he will slowly open up and you may just see the kinder side of Aaron.

Appearance: Brown eyes, short-ish black hair, caucasian, He usually wears his black jacket with his hood almost always up, and his machete never leaving his back.

also can i say how concerning it is that half or more of our group are children

i get that its cool to be like clem, but it's bordering unrealistic if the majority of us can't fend for ourselves.

• I agree, but I think it's okay if we start off at that air base and then branch off into different places, perhaps an escape by plane into another country/continent? But some people get left behind. I don't know :P

Before we start, I'd like to say this. I don't want to start anyway near the game's cast, nor the comic cast. I personally feel that we s

• Yeah, maybe we shouldn't start in Macon, or even Georgia. The only thing I'm coming up with is just the start of the other one.

I think it might be cool to start off in the North, but it might be interesting to go to France, for reasons stated in the TV Series that out of any country, France was doing the best, so maybe a more Last of Us feel where there's still some sort of military/government presence.

But then again, all of the characters so far are American, and I don't know jack-shit about France.

Before we start, I'd like to say this. I don't want to start anyway near the game's cast, nor the comic cast. I personally feel that we s

• edited December 2014

Accepted.

Also, on the flip side, I'd considered taking Ivy out of the solo story, but that would leave Aaron(around 17, right?) as the youngest member of the group. It'd be nice to find some sort of balance.

Name: Aaron Kenway Age: 21 Backstory: A man who was at university prior to the apocalypse, he never managed to see his family. He pres

• Okay, so, with a suggestion from Martin, I'd say it might be a good idea not to start in the South. Other ideas would be starting in the North, perhaps going into Winter, so by the end of the Season, the focus is more on people, and not walkers. It could start, say, in New York City, obviously full to the brim with Walkers, but our group would have found some relative safe place, and they're now trying to make it. As Winter approaches, they realize it will slow the walkers down, and that will be their chance to escape the city.

Another idea would be to go to a different country. In the show, it's mentioned that France, out of any other country, has the most control over the situation. So maybe there'd be some sort of military/government control still residing as all the survivors try to get by. That could be cool, too.

• What about Canada? or Britain? Or any other country?

Also if you want to do the France thing , you could make the surviviors fly there because they think is safer there.

Okay, so, with a suggestion from Martin, I'd say it might be a good idea not to start in the South. Other ideas would be starting in the Nor

• edited December 2014

Name: Aidan Howell

Backstory: Aidan was a fledgling writer, most interested in history. His family moved to the United States from Wales when he was 7, and he was fascinated with the history of the country. He published a few short stories just before the Turn, but only to mostly obscure sites and magazines. He didn't earn much, or really any, money, and little to no recognition, but hey, he could say he was a published author. Aidan liked to stick to himself before the Turn, and never had many friends, and aside form his parents, he wasn't very close to his family, most of them still being over in Wales.

Aidan was on a camping trip up in the Catskills with a few friends when the Turn happened. Coming back to his home town, it has been hit badly. His parents were gone, and it was by sheer luck that he avoided being killed by the walkers all over the place. His main tactic for survival being to simply avoid them. Since then, Aidan has stuck with some groups, but always left soon enough. He came across other lone survivors, just trying to make it another day, and the ones who had passed, of so many of them.

He keeps records of everything that's happened since everything went to hell, in the hope that if one day, when everything is back to normal, when civilization starts to rise back up again, people will need to know what happened.

Personality: Aidan is a loner, he doesn't like to be around lots of other people a lot of the time, preferring the, as he would put it, "company of myself". He's very thoughtful, almost the opposite of a "man of action". He's very smart, but not skilled in combat, so he generally tends to avoid walkers, or dispatch of them in other ways. Although a loner, Aidan doesn't not like other people, quite the opposite, in fact, he goes out of his way to find many people, but just doesn't stick with them most of the time.

Appearance: Sandy hair, bright, piercing blue eyes, very thin and tall, sharp features, and a light dusting of facial hair. Aidan usually wears jeans, a dark blue shirt, and a grey bombardier jacket.

• Well Zyphon did say North, so the New York people could make for Canada. I like the France idea too. Maybe there can be multiple groups in different places? And maybe there's a radio guy in between in Britain and he bonds with both groups. But when his group gets "attacked" he calls both for help, and some of both groups go, and some stay. I don't know, I'm just spitting out dumb ideas right now. :P

What about Canada? or Britain? Or any other country? Also if you want to do the France thing , you could make the surviviors fly there because they think is safer there.

• I like the idea of them having to escape from the city, taking their chance when winter comes, and then perhaps trying to get to France when they hear rumors that it might be safer there. From that point, they'd take a boat and... well, no need to think so far ahead.

Well Zyphon did say North, so the New York people could make for Canada. I like the France idea too. Maybe there can be multiple groups in d

• edited December 2014

Name: Sienna Sokal

Backstory: Sienna was in college when the Turn hit. Fortunately, her university was lucky enough to to get hit in the first few days. However, the town where her parents lived was not so lucky. Sienna left for home before any martial law really struck down, but didn't make it home before the city had been closed off. Having grown up in the country side, and having gone on several hunting trips with her Dad, Sienna knew how to use a gun, bow and arrow, along with knowing a few thing about surviving. This kept her alive in the early days, when everything went to hell.

Soon it was clear that there'd be no easy solution, and only a little while after, it was ever clearer that this was something they'd have to get used to. Rather than most people, who became distrustful of others and started looking out for no one but themselves, Sienna was compelled to help people, which got her into trouble more than once when some people turned out to be not so friendly.

Personality: Sienna is not an overly friendly person, but cares a lot about people, and doing the right thing. She's someone who will do the right thing without thinking, and is very forgiving of people. In a way, she's been untouched by the Turn, as she's still willing to help anyone she comes across. Sienna was an artist before the Turn, and still enjoys her art, being of an attitude that surviving isn't worth it if they can't still live like the people they were to some extent. She's still very hopeful for the world, despite all that's happened.

Appearance: Sienna is pale, and fairly petite. She has a spray of freckles across her nose, and long, dark red hair. She has thin face and grey-blue eyes. She usually wears jeans, a white hoodie, and a light blue scarf in colder weather.

• Aaron was around 14 I think. I don't mind whether or not you bring her in here or out of the solo-story. Up to you.

Accepted. Also, on the flip side, I'd considered taking Ivy out of the solo story, but that would leave Aaron(around 17, right?) as the youngest member of the group. It'd be nice to find some sort of balance.

• Name: Sera Morrigan

Backstory: A girl who has always been thought of as an outcast from society, she is a fairly weird and lonely girl. This, however, does not stop her from being outgoing and happy all of the time. English in origin, she was on holiday in America when the apocalypse began (this is determinant on where we start, or if we can cover different locations. maybe it would be interesting to have a character in a different country?) and has never found her family (still the case if she starts in England). Her parents were abusive, however, and she has long since gotten over their deaths. Her signature weapon is her bow that was left to her by her Uncle, and she is an expert at using it.

Personality: Sera is slightly crazy, and very outgoing. She does not necessarily think about what she says before she says it, and more often than not she will not regret it. Her sense of morality is lacking, she mainly thinks about herself and those she is close to. She is largely hostile to other groups, and will kill for supplies. She does not find killing humans wrong anymore, she believes that "murder" is non-existant anymore, as in this world all have the right to kill all.

• Sera

Alt text

Morrigan

Alt text

...is slightly crazy, and very outgoing. She does not necessarily think about what she says before she says it, and more often than not she will not regret it. Her sense of morality is lacking, she mainly thinks about herself and those she is close to. She is largely hostile to other groups, and will kill for supplies. She does not find killing humans wrong anymore, she believes that "murder" is non-existant anymore, as in this world all have the right to kill all.

Jane?!

Alt text

Name: Sera Morrigan Age: 24 Backstory: A girl who has always been thought of as an outcast from society, she is a fairly weird and lon

• i'm a dragon age fanboy, sue me

the crazy and outgoing part was mainly sera, with morrigans lack of morals and im not sure about the murder part

Sera Morrigan ...is slightly crazy, and very outgoing. She does not necessarily think about what she says befo

• The only thing I would sue you for is for using lowercase, but, fuck it, I'm done arguing with you about it.

the crazy and outgoing part was mainly sera, with morrigans lack of morals and im not sure about the murder part

That blend is Jane. Definitely Jane, lol.

i'm a dragon age fanboy, sue me the crazy and outgoing part was mainly sera, with morrigans lack of morals and im not sure about the murder part

• edited December 2014

I don't think the court would accept that.

The only thing I would sue you for is for using lowercase, but, fuck it, I'm done arguing with you about it. the crazy and outgoing pa

• I don't need the court. I lead the Inquisition, so I am the court.

Or, in other words...

Alt text

I don't think the court would accept that.

• [lower case sentence]

I don't need the court. I lead the Inquisition, so I am the court. Or, in other words...

• Well, enough is enough.

shoots you

Terribly sorry, Zyphon, but Martin_The_Brit is no longer available. We'd better replace him.

[lower case sentence]

• Just letting you know, 4,7 is abnormally short for 12, I would suggest you make him 5,2 or 5,4 because that is the height most of the 7th graders at my school are.

Name: Nicolas Green. Age: 12. Backstory: He lost most of his family because of him. His father getting bitten in saving him , his big

• edited December 2014

Well , it that i live in a country with meters so...XD Thanks!

Ercajayme posted: »

Just letting you know, 4,7 is abnormally short for 12, I would suggest you make him 5,2 or 5,4 because that is the height most of the 7th graders at my school are.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.