The Identity of... (MAJOR SPOILERS for Tales and Pre-Sequel)

Comments

• Wait doesnt she have a texan accent..."Donuts, cowboys, homophobia."

Wow, that's actually one I haven't heard before. Though I'm not sure she's capable of keeping her ockerisms under wraps for that long. Her A̶u̶s̶t̶r̶a̶l̶i̶a̶n̶ ahem Elpian heritage would expose itself eventually.

• I Replayed TftBL. And could it be that the Stranger is actually...Finch? I mean their personalitys Seem on paar. Then they Both wear White/Red clothes. And Maybe Kroger dies in Episode 5?

• It's Roland. He lost himself.

• Well it has to be someone we have MET. I really doubt it will be someone we see in Ep5 because I find that LAZY. Don't won't be: Fiona sees him/her, pulls an shocked face then switches to Present Day with her pulling the SAME face and say: It's you!

My personal opinion, is that it's someone who knows it all, but knows nothing. I will list several characters who fit the role, then debunking it.
    First off, we know it's someone who has LOST someone he/she cares about. So we can add
    Springs - Athena
    Lilith - Roland
    A nomad - other nomads
    Roland - Tricky one, I think he's alive, so maybe Crimson Raiders? Lilith? Friends?
    Timothy (HJ's Body Double) - HJ
    Felix - Fiona, Sasha? His wife?

Now, his/her appearance is very Masculine, has a very Male voice, I don't think it is a Girl, but I will keep Springs in the list, since she knows about Machanical things.

Lilith: OUT.

We also know he has a Conference Call, and that the CC is in HJ's Office. So the only persons with possible access to that is Timothy.

Timothy: IN
    Rest: GTFO

So we have our culprit, yes? It has to be Tim? He is the real only possible suspect? With the other Evidence in this thread it has to be him?

WRONG.
    The Person isn't Tim, it's not even Human.
    It's a ROBOT.
    Programmed to find out information about GORTYS from Rhys and Fiona. Everything it does is PROGRAMMED. When you kind of think about it, it makes sense really.

Robotic features
    Voice
    Body shape
    Clothing

Need I say more?

• Is it possible that it's Handsome Jack?

We are unsure as of yet what happens to him after Ep4 maybe he gets a body built for him or whatever and I know he lost someone too (Angel) which he did care about as seen in episode 4.

But maybe not I dunno.

Miny77 posted: »

Well episode 4 gave us some little hints. Fiona said the suit is very familiar, even Rhys felt the same way so it's someone they've both ran

• edited August 2015

Helena Pierce, perhaps? She might have been pretty haughty, but she was OK.

Or, for a better example, Corporal Reiss.

It's Roland. He lost himself.

• I thought it was Tassiter's beard?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that's... that's cute.

• I'm a little unsure to whether his goatee is that big.

Sachanax posted: »

Hell yeah we know what happend to him. His beard is on Jack's trophy cupboard. xD

• No, we didn't.

It was just some Engineer wearing green who was horrible at his job.

chri025L posted: »

Didn't we kill Timothy in Borderlands 2? We killed a Handsome Jack double during that game I remember...wasn't that Timothy?

• "I need y'all to make me some motivational posters."

SCR4P-TP posted: »

Wait doesnt she have a texan accent..."Donuts, cowboys, homophobia."

• That actually makes perfect sense. Now I'm wondering about what happened to him before Tales though.

• Ahahaha, touché!

SCR4P-TP posted: »

Wait doesnt she have a texan accent..."Donuts, cowboys, homophobia."

• I don't know what you're talking about, that guy's Jack impression was spot on!

Yes, I am Handsome Jack, and I am very good at intercourse

(God, I'm going to miss Anthony...)

LawmanZero posted: »

No, we didn't. It was just some Engineer wearing green who was horrible at his job.

• Was... Was that meant for me?

I thought it was Tassiter's beard?

• Yes, Jack, it was.

Was... Was that meant for me?

• I--I--I don't know what I'm missing here...

Yes, Jack, it was.

• Come on, tell me you kept his suit for target practice or something, you MUST have kept something from his corpse as a memento to the greatest moment of your life.

I--I--I don't know what I'm missing here...

• Well, yes - but I have no idea what that has to do with the comment you replied to (which was me laughing over the thought of a planet where Jack isn't universally hated...)

...Though now that I think of it, that planet is earth.

Come on, tell me you kept his suit for target practice or something, you MUST have kept something from his corpse as a memento to the greatest moment of your life.

• He'd pay all his fangirls to work on Helios as secretaries.

Well, yes - but I have no idea what that has to do with the comment you replied to (which was me laughing over the thought of a planet where Jack isn't universally hated...) ...Though now that I think of it, that planet is earth.

• Pssshhh, pay?

Put out one wanted ad on and he'd have thousands of earthlings screaming:

enter image description here

He'd pay all his fangirls to work on Helios as secretaries.

• Not too sure. Jack is very flamboyant and in your face, whereas the stranger is more calm and collected. Jack would have no reason to hide himself and he wouldnt want to. Throughout the franchise no matter what happens he wasnt afraid to show himself and mock you. Not to mention Jack would have no reason to ask about everything pre-hyperion as he was there.

Kinogirl posted: »

Is it possible that it's Handsome Jack? We are unsure as of yet what happens to him after Ep4 maybe he gets a body built for him or whate

• just replayed ep1-ep4 and I am getting the feeling that the stranger is the woman that's in the photograph with Felix that Fiona finds at his place. The comment that the stranger made about "yeah I know what it's like to lose somebody" makes me think they are talking about Felix. Fiona saying the outfit looking familiar makes me also think maybe it's an outfit she saw when she was younger or it's an outfit that Felix had worked on at some point. Fiona and Sasha had no idea who the woman was in the photo so she could really be anybody.

That's my current guess at the moment.

• We haven't seen where episode 5 will take them

Tancud posted: »

Doesn't really make sense in my book. That would be so out of character.

• But AI Jack doesn't know Angel is dead as he was created before then, also at the end of Borderlands 2 the only way the masked figure is Jack is if the one we killed was Timothy.

Kinogirl posted: »

Is it possible that it's Handsome Jack? We are unsure as of yet what happens to him after Ep4 maybe he gets a body built for him or whate

• After the alien showed up in the present timeline it would make sense, she might be recruiting that way.

• We did never see a body did we?

Helena Pierce, perhaps? She might have been pretty haughty, but she was OK. Or, for a better example, Corporal Reiss.

• Hey just as a little tid bit of info at the end of episode 4 when the credits glitch out for the first 2-3 seconds there are some small codes, some with holo squares and filled squares in sequence with the fractions 1/18 and 1/200 repeating, and in one part it says 1/200 = the filled squares. Also there is a repeating code 3E$ bkBO $E>s A uiD and at the end it is flipped to show Diu A s<E$ OBkb $E3..... OBkb ring a bell? Telltale doesn't put this stuff into their games for nothing. I can't decode the lined boxes someone else will have to.

• We can only look to the achievements and the credits for help Both contain valuable info

GSSalvador posted: »

I Replayed TftBL. And could it be that the Stranger is actually...Finch? I mean their personalitys Seem on paar. Then they Both wear White/Red clothes. And Maybe Kroger dies in Episode 5?

• When he was John he was sane but after the pre-sequel it all went south, but the real question is about pre-hyperion in the first game Angel guides you yes? She talks through the satellite but was she not relying on Eridum to keep her alive? Angel, Lilith, Maya, That General Woman from the first game. 4 Sirens and one is dead. so there are 3 others out there. Jack knows about Pre-Hyperion but he wants the gaps he missed, but he doesn't, his character doesn't allow it he doesn't care

Miny77 posted: »

Not too sure. Jack is very flamboyant and in your face, whereas the stranger is more calm and collected. Jack would have no reason to hide h

• edited August 2015

See Im remembering little tid bits as well and the only thing that stands out is the whole of General Knoxx, Athena was in that. And She is in this. It bugs me as well. Athena killed bricks dog and Hyperion killed Mordecai's bird. But Vallory wants the help from Hyperion so why would Mordecai help her? Their is something in their backstory with Vallory besides money that is hidden. Athena gave Jack his scar and that led to him going Insane and event unfold and Roland is shot dead and Lilith wants revenge, if she realized she cased jack to go insane she is dead there.

The Borderlands games, it was there I saw the arm bands, When I first saw the Stranger the uniform rang a bell, just not loud enough for me to remember where it was. Dang..I'm going to have to go back now and start with Borderlands.

• It was Lilith that scared Jack and helped his insanity along Athena was working for him at the time. The uniform actually looks like what people on the moon wear, and that would be Dahl. I wish I had the time to go through all the games because it's driving me nuts. I think..I think it is from Borderlands and the Crimson Lance town you have to infiltrate.

Valebread posted: »

See Im remembering little tid bits as well and the only thing that stands out is the whole of General Knoxx, Athena was in that. And She is

• LMAO! I love the non committal Ows you get when you shot that body double.

I don't know what you're talking about, that guy's Jack impression was spot on! Yes, I am Handsome Jack, and I am very good at intercourse (God, I'm going to miss Anthony...)

• we heared jack commenting about "her head wenting all pffffffffffth"

We did never see a body did we?

• Is 3E$ bkBO $E>s A uiD or Diu A s<E$ OBkb $E3 suppose to mean anything? Or am I really bad at deciphering codes?

• edited August 2015

Marcus makes sense.

He appeared in the first TFTBL Trailer.

Physically, he's also around the same size too.

Or maybe Axton.

• Athena killed bricks dog

Nah, that's Nisha - Athena tends to only kill things she's honour/duty bound to do so.

See Im remembering little tid bits as well and the only thing that stands out is the whole of General Knoxx, Athena was in that. And She is

• For some reason, "I thought we were going to be friends!" gets me every time.

I actually had to pause the game the first time because I was laughing so hard.

LMAO! I love the non committal Ows you get when you shot that body double.

• Obi-Wan Kenobi? I'm really bad at these code and secret messages things. Unless it's word search, I rock at word search. ~sighs~

• Which gives us even more tid bits. The Lost Legion Attacked and Jack knows this although AI Jack doesn't know all the details. But now that he is in the systems he will see Angel is dead and he will go on a huge rampage, and if you made him pissed at the end whoa its gonna be bad.

It was Lilith that scared Jack and helped his insanity along Athena was working for him at the time. The uniform actually looks like what pe

• Ah I forgot Nisha existed. Well shes dead so that's prob why

Athena killed bricks dog Nah, that's Nisha - Athena tends to only kill things she's honour/duty bound to do so.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.