The Walking Dead Interactive FanFiction: A New Life

Comments

• [Trust Franklin]

LiquidChicagoTed is right, Ashton would just kill the outright. This seems to be legit.

Partition posted: »

Chapter 3: Part 8 March 4th, 2017. 8:01 P.M. [Stay inside and check around the community] “Nah, I think I’m gonna check around for

• Chapter 3: Part 9

March 4th, 2017. 8:26 P.M.

[Trust Franklin]

“Alright… I’m trusting you.” I stared at him. “You better not be lying.”

“I’m not. You can trust me.” Franklin responded.

“Alright.” I nodded. “We’re gonna have to gather up everyone we know.”

“None of the other officials will go through with this. If they find out, they’ll kill me.” Franklin informed me.

“I know.” I nodded again.

“Alright, you know any secret spots?” Franklin asked.

“Yep.” Tom spoke up. “On the roof. We can discuss there.”

“Perfect.” Franklin smiled. “Now, I need you to gather EVERYONE you know, and let’s meet up by the West Side Walls tomorrow around three o’clock?”

“Gotch’ya.” I affirmed.

“Okay, don’t forget. I gotta continue sweeping the area. Remember, don’t tell anyone about this.” Franklin walked out of the room.

“You think we can really trust him?” Tom asked.

“I think so. He seemed pretty serious about it.” I replied.

“Do we really have to go to the roof again? I don’t wanna go on the roof!” Tom complained.

“There’s no other good secret spots, Tom.” I sighed. “It’s our only option.”

“Fine… hopefully getting everyone is easy enough.” Tom said.

“I hope so too.” I got up from the couch and headed towards the door. “I’ll go inform everyone about it now. Just hold tight in here.”

“I will. I’m gonna get some sleep… thanks, Tony.” Tom laid on his bed and went to sleep.

March 4th, 2017. 8:39 P.M.

Where should I go first? I guess I’ll head to the cafeteria since it’s the closest. I walked to the cafeteria, where there were very few people at the moment. I saw Dom and Ashley sitting at a table not far from me. I decided to join them.

“Hey guys.” I said as I sat down.

“Hey..” They both waved.

“What are you doing here?” Ashley asked.

“Just decided to see how you guys are doing.” I told them.

“We’re good.” Dom assured.

“Yeah, we’re good.” Ashley said as well.

“Well… I gotta tell you guys something.” I placed my hands on the table.

“What’s up?” Dom asked.

“Well… Tom and I were talking in our room, and some guy came in. He claimed he was an official and offered to help us take out Ashton.” I explained.

“How do you know he ain’t bullshitting you?” Dom got a bit uneasy.

“I don’t think he is. He seemed pretty serious about it. We’re all gonna meet up at the West Side Walls by three o'clock tomorrow and discuss plans on the roof.” I told them more information.

“What if he’s gonna kill us all?” Dom got angry.

“Calm down, Dom. He isn’t going to kill us. Who is he? I might know him.” Ashley asked.

“Franklin Weathers.” I answered. “Big black guy.”

“Oh… him? I never talked to him. He seemed very scary.” Ashley replied a bit uneasy as well.

Dom took note of Ashley’s answer. “Yeah, Tony. I don’t trust him.”

“You haven’t even met him yet.” I said to Dom. “He’s nice, don’t judge people by their appearance.”

“I guess it’s worth a try.” Ashley shrugged.

Dom glared at me. “Fine… if he tries to make a move on any of us I’m gonna tear him to shreds.”

I shook my head as I got up and walked out of the cafeteria. That didn’t go as planned. At least they’ll be there though. I guess I’ll go to the East Side Walls, and see if Eric and Adam are still screwing around back there.

March 4th, 2017. 8:45 P.M.

I reached the East Side Walls, and walked outside. It was pitch black, but luckily there were lights and lanterns around that allowed me to see. I was treated to a pretty hilarious site. Eric was dancing pretty badly erratically to no music at all, while Adam was sitting against the wall, sleeping.

“Uh… what did I just walked in to?” I chuckled.

“You just walked into pure talent, my friend!” Eric said, still dancing.

“Are you drunk or something?” I laughed.

“Nope, just having a good time!” Eric replied.

I walked over to Adam. “Why is he sleeping?” I asked Eric.

Eric stopped dancing, finally… and walked over to Adam and I. “Little bitch! He was watching me put on a show over there! He was having fun!”

“Yeah, he was having a great time, Eric.” I smiled.

Eric kicked Adam on his side. “Wake the fuck up!”

Adam sprung up, and punched Eric in defense. “What happened?” He asked.

“You just nailed Eric in the face.” I told him.

Adam looked at his fists, and then Eric who was laying on the ground. “My bad.” He laughed.

Eric got up, not seriously hurt. “What was that for?” He asked, pretty loud.

“You kicked me and woke me up!” Adam retorted playfully.

“You shouldn’t have been sleeping in the first place! You missed my show!” Eric laughed.

“Oh yeah, that show that put me to sleep.” Adam laughed along. I couldn’t help but laugh as well.

“Alright guys, not meaning to break the fun here, but I gotta tell you guys something.” I said.

“What is it?” Adam asked.

“Well, about 15 minutes ago, Tom and I met this official named Franklin. He said he hates Ashton as well and needs our help to escape.” I explained to them.

“Nice! We can finally get out of this pile of shit!” Eric cheered.

“Not so fast.” Adam stopped Eric. “What is he is lying?”

“Ugh.” I sighed. I hope I didn’t have to go through this with everyone I had to explain this to. “I doubt he’s lying. He seemed nice and serious about it. And I also doubt Ashton would send an official to kill us. You know that crazy fuck, he would do it himself.”

“I guess you’re right.” Adam gave in.

“Yeah, and we’re all gonna meet by the West Side Walls tomorrow at three o’clock, okay?” I asked everyone.

“Hell yeah!” Eric cheered once more, and attempted to do a backflip, but landed straight on his back. “Gahh! Fucking hell!” Eric shouted. “This fucking concrete! I hate this place!”

“Fucking idiot.” Adam muttered, and chuckled at the same time. I smiled along. “I’ll give Eric assistance, thanks for letting us know Tony.” Adam playfully shoved me as he went over to Dumbass who was still on the floor.

I walked back inside, and just laughed. It’s rare to have those types of moments nowadays.

March 4th, 2017. 9:02 P.M.

I just got back from the infirmary, where Katrina wasn’t there anymore, and Nick was sleeping. I didn’t want to wake him up, so I just left. I assumed Katrina went back to our room or something, where Tom already told her the news. Oh wait, Tom fell asleep. I’ll tell her in a bit. But who else is there for me to tell? There weren’t that many people I knew here, besides my group and the Santiago’s, who I still couldn’t find. Let’s see.

Tom already knows the plan, and I already told Dom, Ashley, Eric, and Adam. Mac is missing, as well as Braxton. Nick was in the infirmary, and Katrina is most likely in our room. I also had no idea where Dylan was at the moment, but Franklin probably already told him. I’ll probably find the Santiago’s by tomorrow, and I’ll tell them then. I’ll just go back to my room, I guess.

I was heading back to my room, until I actually happened to spot a familiar face, talking to another familiar face. It was Ryan and Deryck, those guys I met that one day. I haven’t really talked to them since then, except for that time where Steve was still being a dick and I ran into Ryan. Nonetheless, I knew them, and they could certainly help on this mission. They were alone.

I walked up them. “What’s up Ryan, Deryck.”

“Oh, hey Tony, how you doing?” Ryan asked.

“Good, you?” I asked back.

“I’m fine. Haven’t really seen each other that much.” Ryan said.

“Uh, who are you?” Deryck asked.

“I’m Tony, remember that time where Steve and Ryan got into a fight? And you were with Samantha?”

“Oh yeah, but I hardly remember you.” Deryck told me.

“Alright then.” I said. “Well, I need your guys’ help with something. You willing to comply?”

“Sure, what’s up?” Ryan asked, curious.

“Uh, I guess.” Deryck replied.

“Well, I know you guys hate Ashton, correct?” I asked to be sure.

“Yeah… now I do.” Ryan said. “Go on.”

“Well, an official named Franklin is going to help us take him out and escape, and we’re going to need all the help we can need. I already have my group helping, and I wanted to know if you guys can chip in. We’ll all escape this place together.” I explained.

“Sounds good! I know what we can do. I’ll burst into the armory and shoot down the entire fucking place! The hard part will be choosing what gun!” Deryck laughed.

“I hope you aren’t serious.” I shook my head.

“Well, I don’t see what’s wrong with it.” Deryck shrugged. I facepalmed.

“I’m willing to help with anything, so, we gonna do this?” Ryan asked.

“Yeah, just meet up by the West Side Walls tomorrow by three o’clock.” I told them.

“I’ll probably bring Steve and Samantha too, since we’re all in the same room.” Ryan smiled. He seemed eager to do this.

“What about you Deryck?” I asked.

“Sure. Still don’t see why-” Deryck started to say until I cut him off.

“Okay, Deryck. Save it for tomorrow.” I told him. Even though that plan was incredibly stupid.

“Alright, we’ll be there. Thanks for asking us, Tony.” Ryan thanked me.

“No prob. I’m gonna head back to my room.” I said. “Bye guys.”

“See ya.” Ryan waved.

March 4th, 2017. 9:17 P.M.

I finally made it back to my room. I opened the door and entered, where Tom, Katrina, and the Santiago’s were present. Gaston was sleeping.

“Hey, Tony!” Tom jumped up, excited to see me. “I already told Katrina and the Santiago’s. They’re going to help.”

“Lucia and I are helping. It’s too dangerous for Santiago and Gaston.” Marino corrected Tom.

“I want to help!” Santiago interjected.

“No, son!” Marino shouted at him, causing Santiago to back up. “I’m sorry… I just don’t want anything to happen to you. I love you guys to death, and this is really risky in the first place…”

“But I don’t want you to die, dad! Or Lucia!” Santiago said, upset.

“We won’t, son. I promise.” Marino told Santiago.

“I still want to help though… I hate this place just as much as you guys.” Santiago said.

“Santi… it’s too dangerous! Dad already said!” Lucia told him.

“I don’t care what he said! I’m helping with you guys whether you like it or not. We’re a team, and most importantly, we’re a family, dad!” Santiago said.

“Guys! Stop fighting!” Tom shouted. “Gaston is sleeping, we don’t want to wake him up. And we’ll settle this tomorrow, we don’t even know how complex the plan is going to be yet.”

This pissed off Marino. “No, Tom!” Marino yelled at Tom. “We’re settling this now. You’re one to fucking talk, too.”

However, instead of backing up, Tom stood his ground. “I am not one to talk! I know I’m a coward, but I’m going to help this time! I want to prove myself! And you don’t have to get all mad at me for trying to settle the situation! I know after Lorlin died-”

“Don’t you fucking mention her!” Marino yelled.

“Stop, dad!” Lucia pleaded to her father.

Marino looked at Lucia, and then back at Tom. He had realized he had went too far. He sat back on the couch. “I’m sorry…” He muttered.

“It’s okay.” Tom accepted the apology. “Now, let’s all just get some rest and prepare for tomorrow.”

We all laid down, and not one word was spoken, and I fell asleep.

March 5th, 2017. 10:58 A.M.

I woke up, and everyone else was in the room with me, loud and awake. They were all discussing about Franklin and the big meet up. However, the most noticeable was Marino arguing with Santiago, again. Ugh. I got up and walked over to them. I don’t think anyone even noticed me.

“Come on, Marino. Stop arguing with your son.” I told him.

“Tony, you just don’t get it.” Marino said to me. “He’s only 13! He can easily get hurt, or killed!”

“He won’t kill a kid, dad.” Santiago said.

“Oh, you don’t know Ashton then.” Marino said to Santiago.

Santiago shook his head. “Tony, don’t you think he’s being overprotective? I’m small, and young! I can help!” I wasn’t that close to Santiago, so I didn’t really know his assets.

“No, he doesn’t.” Marino said. “I know you agree with me Tony. You’re going to let a 13 year old go on a huge mission like this?”

“Uh….” I stuttered.

[Let Santiago help] [Don’t let Santiago help]

• [Let Santiago help]

Awesone Chapter!

Chapter 3: Part 9 March 4th, 2017. 8:26 P.M. [Trust Franklin] “Alright… I’m trusting you.” I stared at him. “You better not be lyin

• [Let Santiago help]

Clementine got all the dangerous jobs when she was even younger, right? I'm sure he's not too young to help in some way, even if he only serves as an extra pair of eyes, ears and arms.

Chapter 3: Part 9 March 4th, 2017. 8:26 P.M. [Trust Franklin] “Alright… I’m trusting you.” I stared at him. “You better not be lyin

• [Don’t let Santiago help] as much as I want to see more of the Santiago's, I don't t think putting a 13 year old at risk is the way to do it..

Great chapter!

• [Let Santiago help]

• [Let Santiago help]

• [Let Santiago help]

• [Let Santiago help]

An extra pair of eyes keeping a lookout would help.

• [Let Santiago help]

• Chapter 3: Part 10

March 5th, 2017. 11:03 A.M.

[Let Santiago help]

“Come on Marino, he can help. An extra pair of eyes and ears won’t hurt.” I told Marino.

Marino looked at me like I was crazy. “Tony! Are you kidding-”

“No, I’m not.” I cut him off. “Trust me Marino, if I wouldn’t be allowing him to help if I thought it wasn’t safe. We’ll see what the plan is later.”

“Fine…” Marino finally gave in. “But if ANYTHING happens to him, you better wish you never met me.”

I didn’t bother to respond. I didn’t really think Santiago was in much danger. I mean, how many people to we have on this mission? Like, 15? I’m sure he’ll be safe.

“Come on, let’s all have breakfast.” I walked out of the room. I was eager to meet up with Franklin. I wanted to eat first and get it out of the way.

March 5th, 2017. 2:52 P.M.

I paced back and forth outside the West Side Walls. Breakfast was a doozy, and I didn’t really do much the past 3 hours. This is our time. The beginning of the finale. We had to do it. I waited for everyone as well as Franklin to arrive as I continued pacing back and forth.

The door opened. “Hey Tony, I see you’re here early.” Franklin’s voice emitted from the location.

“Oh, hey Franklin. I was waiting for you.” I told him.

“Yep, it never hurts to be ready a bit early.” Franklin smiled. “Just as I.”

“I see.” I smiled as well. “You ready for this? We’re really gonna try and escape?”

“Yep, I wasn’t bullshittin’ yesterday.” Franklin nodded. “We just need to either disable the cameras or kill Ashton. Granted, disabling the cameras will be a lot more difficult, since there are tons of them and people are bound to see us. Killing Ashton will be difficult too, but it’s a bit too extreme for some. And then we take the supplies needed to fill the trucks and boom! We’re outta here!”

“Please.” I shook my head. “He’s killed how many people? I’m glad he hasn’t killed anyone from my group yet.” I knocked on the wooden walls, hoping I haven’t just jinxed myself.

“You’re lucky.” Franklin said. “You just haven’t seen the worst of him yet. Not trying to scare ya or anything, but he’s probably saving up all his anger and wrath to unleash it on you guys. He himself admitted he hated you guys the most.”

“Did he really?” I crossed my arms.

“Yep, said it last week. At one of the late meetings.” Franklin confirmed.

“Shit, we gotta do this fast before he does something to us, if what you’re saying is true.” I said.

“Yeah, it is, and exactly. We have to have no hesitations. If anything, we’ll probably attack tomorrow or the day after. Lots of tensions have built up lately.” Franklin informed.

“Shit isn’t getting any easier.” I made a fist. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Ashton.

“Nope, it isn’t.” Franklin shook his head. “Dylan told me about you guys. I didn’t know he was that close to ya’ll. He gave me a brief description of everyone’s personality and attributes, and with that I’ve-”

Finally, the door opened again. It was Dylan. “Hey Franklin, hey Tony.”

“What’s up, Dylan.” We both said.

“Ready as hell to do this!” Dylan clapped his hands.

“Where is everyone?” I asked.

“They should be here very shor-” Dylan started to say before the doors opened again. It was my entire group. “

Tony! There you are!” Katrina called out. “We were looking all over for you.”

“Yeah, I’m here. Sorry I didn’t tell you guys.” I apologized.

“Alright guys.” Franklin announced as he grabbed a ladder and put it up against the building. “Let’s get up here and we’ll discuss.”

March 5th, 2017. 3:04 P.M.

Finally, everyone was up on the roof. We all sat in a circle. I didn’t even really get the chance to see who was exactly with us. I examined.

Dom, Ashley, Tom, Marino, Lucia, Santiago, Adam, Eric, Ryan, Dylan, Steve, Katrina, Deryck, Samantha, Franklin, and Nick.

Wait, Nick?!

“Nick! What the hell are you doing up here?” I asked.

“Oh yeah, Katrina told me everything earlier. The doctors stitched up my leg and it was starting to feel better, so I decided that I was fit for the job. I want to help you guys.” Nick explained.

“Oh, well, glad to have you aboard.” I smiled.

Anyway, theres 16 people on this mission, 17 including me. Damn. This is going to get wild.

“Alright guys.” Franklin announced once more. “Allow me to introduce myself. I’m Franklin Weathers, I’m an official here. But don’t worry, I’m not here to hurt you. It’s finally time to escape this place, once and for all. Nice to meet you all.”

“Nice to meet you too.” Almost everyone said in unision.

“You ain’t gonna kill us or anything?” Dom said in particular.

“No… I’m not going to kill any of you. You can trust me.” Franklin said in a soft tone.

Everyone nodded.

“Okay.” Franklin pulled out a piece of paper, with the entire community layout drawn on it. “Lucky for us, since I am an official, I know the place. And I sketched out the map right here last night.”

“Nice.” I said. “Good move.”

“Thanks.” Franklin smiled. “Now, we need to complete several different tasks. Since our main goal is to just get the supplies and leave, we’ll try to avoid Ashton as much as possible. But if it comes down to where we’re gonna have to kill him, I have another plan.”

“We are going to work in groups of 2 to 5. Since there’s 17 of us, we will have at least 5 groups. Each group will have different tasks. We all have to work as a team to get this done.” Franklin explained.

“Now, for who is in the actual groups, I’ve chosen that Nick, Dylan and I will be the ones who avoid the security and ultimately break into the supply area. Unfortunately, all of you guys will be caught on camera. This is why this must be done at night, and why it has to be done fast.”

“What we’re doing is going to be a huge risk. Luckily, I have a horn on me. Once Nick, Dylan and I have gathered the supplies, I will honk the horn, and it will be heard throughout the community. When you hear that, BOLT! Get OUT of that place as fast as you can. Go to either side walls, and Nick, Dylan and I will look and retrieve you guys safely, since we know some secrets around here.”

“Now, one group will help Nick, Dylan and I collect all of the supplies after we break in, so you guys will be following us. Those people will be Tom and Ryan.”

“Now, a big part of this will be surprising to most of you. On one of Dylan’s latest supply runs, he spotted some chompers along the suburban area, which is up north. There isn’t too much, and we’re going to need ‘em. We’re only going to need around three or four, so I’m sending Eric, Dom, Marino and Ashley to lure ‘em over here.”

“What!?” Dom retorted. “Chompers? The hell do we need those for?”

“We need them for intimidation.” Franklin replied.

“Intimidation my ass.” Dom protested. “Those things are loud! They’re gonna make noise!”

“Just hear me out.” Franklin asked politely. “We’re keeping them outside. These walls are very thick, they can’t hear the noises from inside. We’re going to keep them out there until we need them. And we’re going to let ‘em loose in the community so that the officials and possibly Ashton will be distracted by them, giving us the perfect opportunity to escape.”

Dom stared at Franklin. “Fine. But if they turn on us I’m gonna kill you.”

Franklin ignored the comment. “You guys will either fetch them today while it’s still daytime, or tomorrow. Trust me, it may sound insane at first, but it’ll be good in the long run.”

“Now, we have lookouts. I’ve assigned five lookouts, as they are some of the most important. You will be able to see everything that’s going on. If you see a nearby official that may interfere with the mission, let us know.” Franklin explained again.

“How? We’re just gonna yell down to you?” Steve made an angry face.

“No, I forgot to give you guys these.” Franklin pulled out a ton of walkie-talkies. “Luckily these aren’t kept with all the other supplies. They weren’t hard to get.”

“Nice!” Most of us were excited.

“Now, the lookouts will be Katrina, Deryck, Lucia, and Tony. You too, Santiago. It’s the safest job for you. You will all climb to the inner ledges that surround the main area. You will be able to see there and the other major areas.”

“Now, the final group will consist of Adam, Samantha, and Steve. You guys may not come into play, but if something takes a turn in the opposite direction, you will all be crucial to the plan. If Ashton finds out about our getaway, it’s you guys’ jobs to try and prevent him from doing anything else. That counts some of his officials.”

Franklin held out the map he had taken out, and drew us all routes that were to be taken.

“Alright guys, since it’s getting a bit later, I think it’s best we prepare tonight and attack tomorrow. Everyone remember the plan and their roles?” Franklin asked.

“Yep.” We all nodded.

“Good. Everyone meet up here again tomorrow, at 9:30. When 10 o’clock hits, just stay outside. Remember, there’s no security cameras outside. Plan is looking good.” Franklin said as he climbed down the ladder, everyone following down with him.

Franklin entered the community. “See you all tomorrow.”

“So, how do you all think of the plan?” Dylan asked us.

“It seems good.” Eric answered.

“As long as it gets the job done.” Samantha sided.

“Eh, I don’t know. I’m not sure if it will work.” Adam jumped in.

“Me neither.” Deryck spoke as well. “Why can’t we just barge in and shoot down the place?”

“Because we don’t want to kill innocents.” Lucia said.

“I’m not talking about like a school shooting. Just shoot and kill all the officials and Ashton.” Deryck argued.

“Still, it’s better to take our time and take it slow and steady.” Lucia told him.

“Well.” Ashley said. “When should we get our chompers?”

“I can go now. But how the hell are we gonna bring them here?” Eric asked.

“I know.” Dylan answered. “Follow me. I’ll show you how.” Dylan, Eric, Dom, and Ashley all walked back inside.

“You guys better not screw this up for all of us. Or I’ll get rid of ya myself.” Steve threatened.

“I’ll get rid of ya myself.” Katrina mocked Steve. “I’m so scared! Just stop putting pressure on us and focus on your own task.”

Steve glared at Katrina. “Did you just mock me?”

“Yeah, I did.” Katrina shot back.

“Hold on Kat, take it easy. Don’t wanna get into a fight now.” Nick walked up to her.

“Well, she’s calling for one.” Steve approached Katrina.

“No fighting.” Nick went in between the two.

I turned to Ryan. “Why did you even bring him?”

“He said he’d help! You said you needed as many people as possible, so…” Ryan responded.

“Yeah, that’s true.” I turned to Steve. “If you’re gonna act like this why even help at all?”

“Because I hate this place. And I’m coming with ya when we leave.” Steve replied harshly.

“Oh really?” Katrina said, a little loud. “You were practically worshipping Ashton when we first met you.”

“Well, that was before I found out he was an insane psycho!” Steve threw his arms in the air. “Just stop being stupid and be ready for tomorrow… all of you!” Steve stormed inside.

“What a hot-headed asshole.” I said.

“The guy thinks he’s in charge. Makes no sense.” Katrina shook her head.

“Just ignore him.” Nick demanded.

“I’m gonna get some food. I’m going in, see ya.” Deryck said as he walked inside, and pretty much everyone followed him except for Nick, Katrina and I. Katrina looked at Nick’s leg.

“Nick, are you sure you can do this? Franklin chose you as one of the main people of the mission.” Katrina asked Nick worriedly.

“I’m fine, Kat. I’m not letting you guys do this alone.” Nick responded.

“But you’re going to hurt your leg even worse, I don’t think it’s fully healed yet.” Katrina pointed out.

“Well, I already got the stitches, it hurts a little, yeah, but I think I’m fit for the job.” Nick replied confidently.

Katrina had another worried expression. “I just don’t want you to get killed. You’ll be super safe in the infirmary…”

“No, Kat, stop. Please. I’m fine.” Nick said, getting a bit irritated.

“You stop! I just don’t want anything to happen to you. I care for you.” Katrina told Nick.

“I know, I understand that, but I need to help!” Nick insisted. “We already went through this in the infirmary! And if I don’t help, who else is Franklin gonna get to help him?” Then he turned to me. I was just standing here awkwardly while they argued.

“Tony, I’m fine, right?” Nick asked.

“He isn’t fine!” Katrina declared.

“Guys! Stop arguing.” I said loudly. Why must I settle everything?

[“Nick, you’re fine, you can help.”] [“Katrina’s right Nick, you’re too injured.”]

• ["Nick, you're fine, you can help."]

He deserves a chance to help.

Chapter 3: Part 10 March 5th, 2017. 11:03 A.M. [Let Santiago help] “Come on Marino, he can help. An extra pair of eyes and ears won

• Great part! Steve reminds me of that one kid nobody likes, who keeps going to parties despite being uninvited only to get into a fight

[“Katrina’s right Nick, you’re too injured.”]

And I think she really is right. He is too wounded for such a crucial task. But I have the bad feeling Nick won't listen to reason either way, since he is quite stubborn. However, that option should give Tony bonus points with Katrina and maybe, just maybe, it safes Nick's life.

Chapter 3: Part 10 March 5th, 2017. 11:03 A.M. [Let Santiago help] “Come on Marino, he can help. An extra pair of eyes and ears won

• [“Nick, you’re fine, you can help.”]

If Santiago can , Nick too

Awesome Chaptr!

• edited April 2015

• [“Katrina’s right Nick, you’re too injured.”]

I think they shouldnt give the injured guy the most important task

• [Katrina's right Nick, you're too injured]

He's on arguably the most important task of the groups which involves gathering everyone together afterwards. He'd be better off staying with the lookouts and Tony takes his place, or he could just help gather the supplies instead with Tom and Ryan.

• [“Katrina’s right Nick, you’re too injured.”]

• [“Nick, you’re fine, you can help.”]

• edited April 2015

Chapter 3: Part 11

March 5th, 2017. 3:16 P.M.

“Katrina’s right Nick, you’re too injured.” I sided with Katrina.

“Tony… are you sure? Do you really mean that?” Nick seemed shocked by my response.

“Yeah, I do… sorry man, I know you want to help, but trust me, it’s much better if you just sit out and escape in the end. I don’t want anything happening to you.” I said.

“Me neither.” Katrina jumped in.

Nick glared at both of us. “Alright then… if you say so… but who is going to take over my position?”

“I’ll ask Franklin, I’m sure he can work something out.” I told him.

“Alright, I’ll go get some rest then, I guess.” Nick slightly limped his way inside of the community.

“Don’t worry Tony. We made the right decision.” Katrina looked at me.

“I know.” I nodded. “I’m gonna go see how everyone’s doing, bye.” I walked inside the community.

March 5th, 2017. 3:34 P.M.

I finally ran into someone I knew. No, I literally ran into her. I don’t know why I was running actually, but I was. I ended up sending Samantha to the ground.

“Oh shit, I’m sorry!” I helped her up.

“It’s fine, don’t worry.” Samantha giggled. “What rush are you in to?”

“I’m not, I just wanted to get to my room fast for some reason, my bad.” I apologized.

“No worries, you ready for tomorrow, right? We’re going to do this!” She seemed happy.

“Yeah, I am.” I smiled. “But there’s a problem, Nick can’t help. He’s too injured.” I informed her.

“He is?” She asked. “Damn… he had an important job. Now what do we do?”

“I’m gonna talk to Franklin about it, no worries.” I told her.

“That’s good.” Samantha said, relieved. “I don’t really have much to do. But I’m fine with it. I don’t like violence anyway. I don’t want to be the one doing the fighting.”

“Well, you might.” I reminded her. “Remember, if Ashton finds out, you, Steve, and Adam have to stop him.”

“I know… I hope I don’t chicken out.” Samantha seemed worried.

“Don’t worry, Adam’s a good guy and a good fighter, Steve is just an asshole who will probably let his anger out on him anyway.” I told her about them.

“Thank God!” Samantha sighed in relief. “Good thing they can fight.”

“Yeah, Adam practically saved me and my group’s lives back when all this started, he helped us fight off tons of walkers… or, chompers, as you guys call them.” I continued to speak.

“Wow, that’s good.” Samantha smiled. “Hopefully he can do the same if we get in any trouble.”

“Yeah, I’m sure he will. And Steve won’t be afraid to show his emotions. You should be fine.” I smiled along.

“Yeah, thanks for the help Tony. I’m gonna go back to my room. Bye!” She smiled and wave until she walked away.

Hmmm, now, where do I go? I actually didn’t really have much to do. I looked around the area, and to my surprise, I saw Ashton staring down at me, from his office above. Shit, that can’t be good. He noticed when I made eye contact with them, and disappeared from my view.

Not gonna lie, that scared me a bit. What if he’s on to us? This can’t be good. I decided to get back to my room, fast.

March 5th, 2017. 3:47 P.M.

I got to my room, and entered. My group was there, except for Dom, Ashley, Marino, and Eric, since they were fetching the walkers. “Guys.” I got their attention. “Nick can’t help.”

“They know, I told them.” Nick stopped me.

“Oh, alright.” I said.

“Well, did you talk to Franklin yet?” Adam asked.

“I don’t know where he is.” I answered. “God knows where he is, since he is an official after all.”

“This better not mess up our plan.” Lucia got a bit angry.

“It won’t, do any of you know where the official area is?” I asked.

“I think it’s upstairs, in between Ashton’s and Dexter’s offices. There’s a big room where all the officials go for meetings. They all have rooms in that long hallway. They’re all labeled with who lives in the room, it shouldn’t be too hard to find. Best not to go there now, though.” Lucia warned me.

“I know.” I nodded. “I’ll probably go late tonight. I may use some help, anyone up for the job?”

“Not me, I gotta stay with the kids.” Lucia said, looking at Santiago and Gaston.

“I will.” Adam volunteered.

“Me too.” Tom stood up, a bit slow.

“Are you guys sure?” I asked.

“Yeah man, I’m with you.” Adam smiled.

“Uh… yeah…” Tom scratched the back of his head.

“You don’t seem too confident, Tom.” I looked at him.

“No, I am… I mean, I want to help, but what if they see us and kill us?” Tom stuttered.

“I don’t think they will. We’ll be stealthy and quiet, and I don’t think Ashton is willing to finish us just yet.” I comforted Tom.

“Alright… I’ll come.” Tom stood up straight, confidently.

“Actually, I just remembered, speaking of Ashton.” I spoke to everyone. “I was talking to Samantha in the main area before, and I saw Ashton staring at me through his office. And when I looked at him, he walked away.”

“Oh shit, did he?” Katrina said, worriedly.

“Yeah…” I muttered. “I’m a bit nervous.”

“Oh God, oh God, he’s on to us… he’s gonna kill us! He knows our plan!” Tom started pacing back and forth.

“Chill, Tom!” Adam stuck his hand out. “We don’t know anything yet.”

“That’s it. This is too dangerous for you, Santi.” Lucia said to her brother.

“No! Don’t be like dad!” Santiago whined.

“It’s okay, Lucia. Everything’s fine.” I stopped her.

“Okay, Tony… but I’m not looking forward to tomorrow as much as I was before…” Lucia shook her head..

“Don’t worry, Lucia.” Katrina went up to her. “We’re in this together. We’ll keep you guys safe, you too, little guy.”

A huge grin occupied Santiago’s face. Katrina and Lucia smiled along.

“I guess I’ll just wait in here until later tonight.” I said as I laid on my bed.

March 5th, 2017. 9:55 P.M.

Wow, what a boring day. Not like it was ever really fun here. Dom, Ashley, Eric, and Marino returned safely with the walkers. They brought back four, and they were kept right outside our room. No one ever really even went out there, so we were pretty safe in that aspect. But now I think it’s late enough to go get Franklin.

“Tom, Adam, you guys ready?” I asked them.

“Yep.” They both responded.

“Where you guys going?” Ashley asked, concerned.

“We’re going to get Franklin. Don’t come for us, we don’t want to get caught.” I said as Tom, Adam and I all exited the room fairly quickly.

I was kind of nervous, but I think we can do it. We have to do it, because we need to know who if going to take Nick’s spot so they can be prepared, since he had an important task. Franklin won’t meet us until we’re ready, and we don’t have any more time left to wait an extra day.

“Let’s go.” Adam said confidently.

The three of us quietly made our way upstairs, where we were now in the hallway.

“Man, this is scary! I wanna leave!” Tom shivered in fear.

“Man up, Tom! It’s fine! We got your back!” Adam tried to comfort him.

“Where the fuck is Ashton?” I asked, curiously.

“I don’t know, he’s probably in his office.” Adam told me. “Luckily, we took the side where Dexter’s office is, so we won’t have to pass Ashton’s.”

The three of us made our way across the hallway, looking at the rooms, so incredibly gingerly. “Come on, where is it!” Tom asked, extremely nervous.

Adam moved ahead of us a little bit, and Ashton’s room was in sight. “Shit, stay back guys! I can see Ashton’s office!”

Tom and I stopped immediately. Tom was shaking a lot. “I’m not a coward, I can do this!” He kept whispering to himself.

Adam cautiously kept moving forward, until he suddenly stopped. “Hold up! Here’s Franklin’s room!”

The three us opened the door so quietly, it made almost no noise. We all entered Franklin’s room, where Franklin was sitting on his bed, reading a book.

“Psst! Franklin!” I whispered to him.

Franklin jumped, and turned to see us. “Shit, you guys scared me. What are you all doing here?”

“We need to give you some updates.” Adam answered him.

“Yeah… updates!” Tom said, still shaking a bit.

Franklin got up and closed the door quietly. “You guys can’t stay in here for long, Ashton might come here in a bit.”

“Alright, well, Nick isn’t helping anymore. We need someone to replace him.” I told Franklin.

“Damn, I was hoping that wouldn’t happen.” Franklin shook his head.

“We also got the chompers.” Adam informed Franklin.

“Nice.” Franklin smiled.

“Yeah, we’re pretty much all ready for tomorrow. We just need to replace someone for Nick.” I told him.

“Well, we need to be careful with who we pick. Keep in mind, whoever we pick, their original position will be left open, giving us a disadvantage.” Franklin told us.

“Ugh.” I sighed. “Well, what change will be the best change to make?” I asked.

“You guys know your people a lot more than I do. You already know the plan now. You can make it better or worse right here. Either way, it has to be done, Dylan and I can’t just do that alone.” Franklin said in a soft tone.

“I’ll take his place.” Adam volunteered.

“Adam, are you sure?” Franklin asked.

“Yeah, I’m sure. You can count on me.” Adam smiled.

“Then who’s going to take Adam’s spot?” I asked.

“Well, Adam was originally with Samantha and Steve, who were part of the group that may not be necessary. But we can’t take any risks. I’ll think I’ll give Ashley the spot, that’s the best move we got right now.” Franklin said.

“Samantha isn’t going to like this.” I muttered.

“How come?” Tom asked.

“She said she doesn’t like violence and isn’t a great fighter. I told her about Adam’s contribution to the group before and she felt a lot less stressed.”

“It’s fine, Marino has a lot of firepower in him too.” Adam smiled.

“I guess.” I shrugged.

“Alright guys, all settled? Adam will take Nick’s spot, and Ashley will take Adam’s old spot?” Franklin asked.

“Yep.” The three of us nodded.

“Great, now-”

Step! Step! Step! Footsteps were heading our way.

“Shit, that might be Ashton, guys! Franklin stood up. "No one else would walk in the hallways this late like that besides him!"

Tom practically froze with fear. Adam and I looked at each other.

“Do something! Franklin frantically told us.

“Uh! Uh…!!” I stuttered. I need to think quick, for Tom, Adam and I!

[Stand your ground] [Try to hide] [Try to run downstairs as quick as you can]

• [Try to hide]

The other two options don't seem too good.

Chapter 3: Part 11 March 5th, 2017. 3:16 P.M. [“Katrina’s right Nick, you’re too injured.”] “Katrina’s right Nick, you’re too injur

• edited April 2015

[Try to hide]

Chapter 3: Part 11 March 5th, 2017. 3:16 P.M. [“Katrina’s right Nick, you’re too injured.”] “Katrina’s right Nick, you’re too injur

• Stand your ground

• [Try to hide]

• [Stand your ground]

• [Try to hide]

If they get caught they can still attack him, maybe even surprise him.

• [Try to hide]

• [Try to hide]

• Hey guys, if you haven't noticed, it's been taking me a while to get out a part. It's been upsetting me, but I've just been so busy. I am making this update to apologize for this inconvenience. I will be going out for a bit today, but I can promise that the next part will be out tonight. And it's going to be a doozy.

• YAY

Hey guys, if you haven't noticed, it's been taking me a while to get out a part. It's been upsetting me, but I've just been so busy. I am ma

• An odd sense of happiness and fear overcame me when you said it would be a doozy...

Hey guys, if you haven't noticed, it's been taking me a while to get out a part. It's been upsetting me, but I've just been so busy. I am ma

• edited August 2018

Chapter 3: Part 12

March 5th, 2017. 10:07 P.M.

[Try to hide]

I quickly ran into the nearby closet, and Adam scurried under the bed. Tom still stood in the middle of the room, looking around nervously.

“What the fuck are you doing? Hide!” Franklin frantically told Tom.

But it was too late. I heard the door open. Crap…

“False alarm! You guys can come out.” Franklin shouted, quietly.

Adam and I emerged from our hiding spots, and saw Dylan standing by the door.

“Dylan? What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Yeah, you scared the shit out of us.” Adam glared at him.

“I wanted to talk to Franklin about tomorrow more. I didn’t know you guys were here… but you all should go. Ashton might come at any moment.” Dylan explained.

“Alright.” I nodded, as the three of us quietly left the room and headed downstairs.

March 6th, 2017. 2:19 P.M.

I opened my eyes, to an empty room. I looked up at the clock. Two-nineteen? How did I sleep in this bad? We still have our attack today. I got out of bed and walked outside of my room. Where the hell was everyone? Oh yeah, it’s lunch time. They’re probably all at the cafeteria.

I arrived at the cafeteria to find my group eating at the same table as always. I sat down with them, not bothering to get any food. I wasn’t hungry.

“What’d I miss? I just woke up.” I told them.

“Nothing much.” Ashley told me. “We’re gonna attack at 10:15 exactly.”

“Jesus, you guys sound like we’re gonna commit some huge ass crime. We’re not attacking, we’re escaping.” Eric said.

“Still, we might attack Ashton if we have to.” Ashley said to Eric.

“Well, we won’t have to attack Ashton if we do this correctly and quietly.” Eric pointed out.

“I think you’ve been spending too much time with Steve, Eric.” Dom said.

“Steve? Fuck that guy. Why are you saying that?” Eric asked.

“You sound like him.” Dom shook his head.

“I just wanna get the hell out of here. I don’t wanna spend any more time in this shit hole.” Eric told us, yet again.

“We all do, Eric. Just stop complaining and making everyone nervous. We’re all gonna do our best.” I told him.

“Yeah, sorry. I just can’t take this place anymore!” Eric slammed his fist onto the table.

“Calm down, Eric. We’re gonna get ‘em tonight.” I told him. “We’re gonna get him, and we’re gonna get outta here.”

“We fucking better.” Eric chewed on his food furiously. This made me laugh a bit for some reason. “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing.” I replied, smiling.

“Whatever.” Eric finished his sandwich and got up. “I’ll be waiting for tonight.”

“Wonder what’s got to him.” Katrina asked.

“No idea.” Ashley shook her head. “Maybe he’s a bit stressed out?

“Maybe. But I’m gonna leave too. I got nothing to do today besides tonight. I’ll be in our room.” I got up and left the cafeteria.

I walked into my room where Eric was laying on the couch, practically sleeping. “Eric? You up?”

Eric opened his eyes very slightly, and closed them again. “No.”

I decided to lay on my bed again. No use in bothering him, since he was half asleep. I really hoped this plan goes out correctly. We can’t risk losing people from our group and not even being able to escape. It was crucial we got everything right. We couldn’t screw this up… I just sat back and waited for tonight to approach.

March 6th, 2017. 9:26 P.M.

“Everyone ready?” Nick gathered everyone up. He was setting all of us up on top of the roof, outside the West Side Walls again, despite not helping on the mission. We had our entire group that was participating up here and ready. All we had to do was wait for Franklin and Dylan.

“Yep!” Everyone said. We were all separated in our own groups, as planned.

“Alright, now we just have to-” Nick said before the ladder clanked against the roof.

“We’re here!” Franklin’s voice called out from the bottom of the West Side Walls. Franklina and Dylan both climbed onto the roof, and met in front of us.

“Thanks, Nick.” Franklin thanked him. “Now Gaston is waiting for you in your room. Best not to keep him alone for too long.”

“Yep.” Nick nodded and climbed down the ladder. “Good luck guys!”

“Okay guys, lookouts can sneak through this small ceiling window, it’s right above the main area and in front of Ashton’s office, so be careful.” Franklin explained.

“Like I said before, Ashley, Samantha, and Steve will follow Adam, Dylan and I on our way to the supply room. Dom, Eric, and Marino, you’re all going to wait outside by the East Side Walls and keep the chompers safe back there, but after we walk by, let ‘em loose.”

“Ryan and Tom, just hide behind the counter by the supply closet. No one will see you and it’ll allow for safer and quicker time to gather the supplies. So, is everyone good? Everyone understand what they’re supposed to do?” Franklin asked us.

“Yep.” Everyone nodded.

“Alright. Let’s do this.” Franklin got up and handed us our walkie-talkies and our weapons. He trusted me with a pistol in case I needed it. He then led everyone down the ladder, except for Katrina, Deryck, Lucia, Santiago, and I.

“I hope they don’t get killed or anything.” Katrina said.

“Me neither…” Lucia trailed off.

“Come on, let’s get through this window.” I said as we headed towards the window.

The five of us carefully and quietly made our way through the window, and managed to set ourselves on different parts of the ledges.

“Everyone got a clear view?” I quietly called out to everyone.

“Yeah,” They quietly shouted back.

I sat back, and decided to contact Franklin through the walkie-talkie. “Franklin, come in. How’s it going? We’re all safely positioned on the ledges.”

“We’re good, just stay there and immediately contact us if you see anything fishy. We’re making at the North Side Walls, we’ll be at the East Side Walls shortly. Don’t freak out when you hear the chompers set loose. Talk to you in a bit.” Franklin’s voice signed off the walkie-talkie.

“Guys, Franklin’s heading towards the East Side Walls, the chompers will be out soon.” I informed my fellow lookouts.

“Alright.” Lucia nodded. “This isn’t so bad, to be honest.”

“”It isn’t.” Santiago crossed his arms. “See, overprotective dad, as usual.”

“He isn’t that overprotective. I guess this can just be pretty dangerous. Not for us though.” Lucia said.

“Yeah, not for us.” Santiago chuckled.

“If this plan doesn’t work, you’ll all wish you took mine instead.” Deryck said out of nowhere.

“No one wants to go through with your plan.” Katrina scowled at him.

“Why not? It’s a lot easier, too.” Deryck argued.

Katrina shook her head. “Jesus…”

“Listen, I just wanna-” Deryck said before we were interrupted by the chompers.

“AHHH!” People were quick to react.

“Shit.” I activated the walkie-talkie. “Franklin, hurry up! They noticed fast!”

“I know, we’re moving quickly, just keep a heads up! We’re almost there!” Franklin’s voice grew more frantic.

A lot of people were running out of their rooms to see what was going on. And then Ashton’s voice was heard over the PA system. “Everyone, remain calm and stay away from the chompers. We will handle this.”

Ashton immediately emerged from his office, and ran downstairs, holding a crowbar. “Officials! Bring ‘em outside!” The officials lured the chompers back out to the North Side Walls. “Alright… everyone go back in their rooms!”

Everyone cleared the area, and Ashton was standing alone in the middle of the main area. He quickly snapped to his right, and he made an angry face. “YOU GUYS! Get the FUCK over here NOW!”

Franklin, Dylan, Adam, Ryan,Tom, Samantha, Ashley, and Steve all cautiously approached Ashton. So much for that walker idea, Franklin...

“OFFICIALS!” Ashton called out. Several officials ran down the stairs, and stood by Ashton’s side.

“Shit, what are we gonna do?” Lucia nervously called out.

I looked back down to see Dom, Marino, and Eric both approaching Ashton from behind, about to attack. However, one of the officials swiftly turned around and caught them. “You guys! Get in line!

“Guys!” I called out, and whispered at the same time. “We gotta get off these ledges! Hide or something!” I quickly went behind the ledge and climbed down an area that was away from the main area. But unfortunately, I think I was the only one who made it.

“WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GUYS DOING UP THERE?” Ashton screamed. I heard them all get down from the ledges, and meet back up with Ashton. Luckily, I was able to see everything through a window.

“Heh… I fucking knew it! I knew you guys were up to something! Officials, remove their weapons!” Ashton laughed, extremely loud, as the officials disarmed everyone.

“Cool it, Ashton!” Franklin said.

“Oh, YOU are going to tell me to cool it? One of my own fucking officials? Betraying me? The other guy I trusted stabbed me in the back, and I fucking KILLED him! And now, one of my own employees is doing the same thing? HA!” Ashton continued to laugh, disturbingly. “And not just you, you too, Dylan! TWO of ‘em!”

“You’re crazy, Ashton! That’s why!” Franklin yelled at him.

“Yeah, I am fucking crazy! And guess what? This crazy motherfucker was able to foil your plans! Couldn’t have done it without old reliable!” Ashton laughed harder than ever.

“Who the fuck is old reliable?!” Franklin asked.

“Dan!” Ashton snapped.

Dan ran up the stairs as fast as he could, and he was up there for about 30 seconds. But then he came down with someone in a headlock. And that someone wasn’t just some random guy…

“MAC!” Almost my entire group yelled.

Mac?!?!?!? What the fuck?! How did he get back here? How did he know about our plan? Why did he fucking tell Ashton?

“HA! Fools! Looks like sending him out for that supply run wasn’t so bad after all! You see, this guy came wandering back here, two nights ago! At like, two in the morning! And I had to let him in!” Ashton explained, yelling at the same time. “I’ll let him explain for himself.”

“You little piece of shit! Dom lunged at Mac, but was held back by some of the officials.

“I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! They made me do it! Or they were going to torture me and kill me! I didn’t want to die! I’m sorry guys!” Mac began to sob.

“I don’t give shit!” Steve yelled.

“Yep… I had him spy on you guys all along. That’s right, HE supplied me with your precious little escape plan! How clever am I?” Ashton smiled.

“Fuck you!” Eric yelled at him.

“Oh really? Well, I would gladly be at your service! You guys want to escape? Fine. But you just gotta kill me first, and you can’t do that, because you’re helpless! You can’t!” Ashton laughed.

“Oh really? We can beat all of you with our fists.” Franklin threatened.

“Yeah!” Katrina added.

“Oh really?” Ashton smiled again. “Dan!”

Dan got up and ran up to his office. Great, what was he doing this time? He came back down another 30 seconds later, dragging another person with him… Braxton. He had duct tape over his mouth, and his arms tied. He had bruises and cuts all over him, clearly beaten. That was truly a horrific sight.

Dan shoved Braxton towards Ashton, and Ashton retrained him. Braxton pushed with all his might, but with his one foot and arms tied, he couldn’t do much. “Thanks.” Ashton said. “Officials, go. I can handle this.” All of the officials left. “Wait, you guys stay.” Ashton pointed at four officials I didn’t know, leaving only them, Ashton and my group.

“You see, wanna leave? Go ahead! I can care less! But if there’s something I’ve learned over the past couple of days, it’s that the worst punishment for someone is not actually their physical damage, but their mental damage. And the first key to damaging someone mentally, is offing someone they love, or care about!” Ashton laughed extremely hard. He was clearly enjoying this… sick fuck.

That’s it, I was going to shoot Ashton. But I couldn’t from here. I had to go out. I held out my pistol and barged out of the room I was in. “Don’t you fucking move!”

Everyone looked at me as I slowly approached Ashton, aiming my pistol towards him.

“Oh, Tony! How can I forget about you, my favorite little guy!” Ashton chuckled. “Come here and join the fun!”

“Fuck you, Ashton! I’m not joining whatever the fuck you want me to, and put Braxton down!” I demanded.

“Restrain them!” Ashton called out. The three officials all restrained and dragged my entire group away from the scene, and they snatched my pistol right out of my hands, leaving me with Ashton and Braxton. Ashton moved to beside the doors leading to the North Side Walls, the walkers still trying to get in.

“Alright, Tony. Do what you want. Try to come near me, and I push him out the door, and he gets devoured by the chompers. Or you can stay right there, and just surrender, like a smart person would do. So, what’s the choice?! Make up your mind, Tony!” Ashton yelled.

This was the big moment. What am I going to do? I can finally finish off Ashton, all I need to do, was charged right into Ashton, sending him outside with the walkers, and he’d be devoured. But, Braxton would be too… and I was really close to Braxton. I wasn’t standing that far away from Ashton, and he was only armed with a crowbar, and we can finally get out of here… but is killing Braxton worth it? After all Braxton did for us… I don’t know if he’d want me to do it or not. And God knows what Ashton will do to us now if we stay... But I had to make a choice now, whether I liked it or not.

[Push Ashton and Braxton outside into the walkers] [Surrender]

• [Push Ashton and Braxton outside into the walkers]

They've come this far, backing out now would yield nothing good... Maybe the death of the entire group.

Chapter 3: Part 12 March 5th, 2017. 10:07 P.M. [Try to hide] I quickly ran into the nearby closet, and Adam scurried under the bed.

I really don't like sacrificing Braxton, but if they surrender, I don't think Ashton will spare any of them. We know how cruel he can be and I assume he is capable of much worse. So, for the sake of the whole group this is a sacrifice that needs to be made.

Chapter 3: Part 12 March 5th, 2017. 10:07 P.M. [Try to hide] I quickly ran into the nearby closet, and Adam scurried under the bed.

Sorry Braxton but surrender sounds too dangerous for the group

• [Push Ashton and Braxton outside into the walkers

Under normal circumstances, surrender. But desperate times... Will those officials still harm the group without Ashton directing them? Can see the entire community collapsing with his death.

This is a tough decision. If they don't sacrifice Braxton that could lead to the whole groups death.

• Chapter 3: Part 13

March 7th, 2017. 10:14 P.M.

[Push Ashton and Braxton outside into the walkers]

I had to do it. We couldn’t surrender. It had to be done....

I charged towards Ashton and Braxton as far as I could, which caught Ashton by surprise. They both went flying through the doors, right in front of the walkers.

“You stubborn little shit… good luck making it far into this world…” Those were Ashton’s last words, as the walkers bit into his flesh despite him trying to fight them off.

I took a look at Braxton, who was practically helpless, his screams through the duct tape were painful to listen to, as the walkers devoured him as well. “I’m sorry bud…” I said to him… my eyes tearing.

Despite being devoured, Braxton managed to look up at me, and nodded, with a confident look in his eyes. He was always a great kid, and he knew this was best for us, and if there was anything I knew most about Braxton, he cared for the group more than anyone else did. It was certainly extremely saddening to see him go… another friend from day 1 gone....

“ASHTON!” Most of the officials let go of my group, as they all ran towards the walkers, eating Ashton’s and Braxton’s corpses. The officials tried to help, but it was too late. Ashton was dead, as well as Braxton. The officials shot and killed the walkers, and stared in shock, before running back upstairs, completely ignoring my presence and what I have just done.

My group, along with a few other officials, slowly approached me. “We saw… everything…” Katrina muttered.

“You don’t know how hard it was for me to do that… but I had to… we can finally leave... “ I mumbled. “Don’t worry… Braxton would have wanted me to do it anyway…”

Both Dom and Tom both walked to Ashton’s and Braxton’s dead, devoured bodies. “Fuck you.” Dom smashed Ashton’s head in as hard as he can, and looked at Braxton sympathetically. I forgot, Dom and Tom had known Braxton the longest out of everyone here. The three of them were together in the woods when we found them.

Tom just stared at the ground, refusing to look at the scene.

That was until Nick and Gaston both came running towards us. Jessie seemed to be chasing after them, angry.

“What’s going on? What happened?!” Nick frantically asked.

“Take a look for yourself.” I pointed to the scene.

Nick’s eyes widened, and shook his head in despair, and covered Gaston’s eyes. “No… no…. I mean… we killed Ashton… but…”

“It’s alright, Nick… we did the right thing… Braxton even signaled to me…” I comforted him.

“What in the FUCK?” Jessie screamed.

“Why the fuck are you here?” I snapped towards him.

“I heard Ashton, seemed to be dealing with assholes like you! Look what you did!” Jessie yelled.

“You’re crazy!” I yelled back at him.

“Everyone, STOP!” Franklin shouted. “Leave it alone… let’s just get the supplies and leave… what’s done is done…”

Dan and another official remained, watching the entire thing. “Leave? The fuck you guys talking about?” Dan angrily asked.

“Nothing…” Dylan answered.

“No, tell me. I’m waiting.” Dan crossed his arms.

“Ashton’s dead, we’re leaving this place. No one can run it anymore.” Franklin responded.

“We can run it ourselves!” The other official retorted.

“You really think you can?” Franklin raised an eyebrow.

The official looked at Dan, and Dan shook his head. “He’s right… FUCK!” Dan yelled.

“Listen, you guys can stay here, and deal with a bunch of angry community members, with a low amount of food and water, or you can just leave and come with us, and survive together, peacefully.” Franklin calmly told them.

“Franklin, why are you inviting them?” Steve protested.

“We can use all the help we can get, Steve.” Franklin shot back.

“Fine…” Dan gave in.

“You’re really gonna go with them?” The other official got a bit ticked off.

“He’s right… we can’t survive like this anymore…” Dan agreed with Franklin.

The other official got angry. “Fine. The other officials and I are going to run this place together, and you’re gonna wish you stayed.” The official stomped his way upstairs.

“Uh… thanks for letting me come with you… even though I was an official of Ashton…” Dan awkwardly thanked us.

“You’re fucking lucky we’re letting you come.” Dom spat at him.

“Hey, I didn’t do anything to you guys, buddy. I just did was Ashton wanted me to do, and did I kill anyone? Nope. Did I hurt anyone? Nope. Did my actions have anything to do Ashton’s and your friend’s death? Nope!” Dan defended himself.

“Whatever.” Dom shook his head. “But this little shit isn’t coming with us!” He pointed to Jessie.

“Well, I guess I got no other fucking choices than to go with you assholes.” Jessie crossed his arms.

“Dom, cool it. Let them come and see what they can do. If they do anything to hurt us, do whatever you want to them.” Franklin eased the situation.

“Not like I want to come anyway…” Jessie said as he turned away from us.

“Then why are you coming?” Steve shouted at him.

“Because I’ll die here! Those stupid officials won’t do shit!” Jessie seemed to agree with Franklin.

“Anyone else you want to yell at, Dom?” Franklin said to him, a bit sarcastic.

“Actually, yes… if there’s anyone I want to yell at the most…” Dom turned to Mac. “It’s THIS fucking piece of shit!”

“I said I was sorry! I feel just as bad as you guys do!!!” Mac backed away and raised his hands in front of him.

“YOU are the reason Ashton found out about our plan! YOU are the reason Braxton died! YOU are the reason Alex died! Is there anything you’ve done RIGHT?!” Dom unleashed his wrath on Mac.

“Enough, Dom!” Nick had to stop him.

Dom got his cool, and muttered, “Whatever… let’s just get the fucking supplies and leave…”

We all navigated our way towards the supply closet, and got what we needed, and piled up into one of the trucks.

March 7th, 2017. 10:31 P.M.

I turned around and took one last look at the community as it finally escaped our view. It felt so good to finally be leaving that place… just thinking of what happened through the past two months…

Being forced to leave our cabin by Dexter, having to deal with Ashton’s shit, almost being tortured, my friends being raped… the walkers invading the area… the loss of Alex and Braxton… just terrible…

But I guess there were some good things, like meeting the Santiago’s, and other people such as Steve, Ryan, Deryck, and Samantha. Adding on to that, there’s Franklin and Dylan, two cool guys that will certainly be big helps to the group. And then there’s also Dan, who I guess it alright, but we also had to get stuck with Jessie, which I didn’t like. We also had to take Mac too, I guess I was alright with that. He was nice and all, but God, is he not the brightest…

To my surprise, pretty much everyone back here was sleeping, after this long and eventful day. Franklin drove the truck, while even Dylan was asleep in the passenger seat.

“Hey, Frank, where we heading?” I asked.

“No idea yet.” Franklin replied. “We’ll settle somewhere safe and discuss in the morning. I was thinking maybe Philadelphia or Harrisburg.”

“Eh, I don’t know about cities yet.” I said.

“Me neither, they can either be good or bad. We’ll just have to find out.” Franklin told me. “You should just get some sleep and rest, a lot has happened today, most of them not good. I’m sorry about Braxton, he seemed like a cool kid.”

“He was.” I told him. “But at least we’re never coming back here again. Thanks, Franklin, for everything. We couldn’t have made it out of here without you.”

I saw Franklin smile. “Anytime, Tony.”

I laid down in the truck, it was pretty uncomfortable. But it was alright, I guess. I knew that we were finally going to be on our own, with people I actually care about, mostly.

Man, has this been a crazy two months, I’d say. But now it’s time to put our survival to the real test… with lots of members in our group, I know there will be lots of arguments and disagreements, and certainly lots of challenges, especially if we head to the city.

But all that we’ve been through, with all the vendettas and losses we’ve endured, all we have to do is work as a team, and survive.

Together.

[END OF CHAPTER 3]

Boy, did I have fun writing this chapter! This was definitely the most enjoyable chapter to write so far, and I really hope you enjoyed it! As you can see, things are now going to get more crazy with a big group, and tensions will grow, and friendships and enemies will arise. I will try to begin Chapter 4 as soon as I can!

As always, some questions! They’re a bit different this time, and again, explanations always help, but are not required. Thanks!

Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter?

Who was your least favorite character(s) this chapter?

Was there any part of this chapter that particularly stood out?

What was your overall opinion on this chapter?

Was there anything you didn’t really like this chapter?

What would you like to see more of in future chapters?

Thanks for reading everyone!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.