The Walking Dead Interactive FanFiction: A New Life

Comments

• [Call them walkers]

Sounds better than chompers

Partition posted: »

Chapter 4: Part 3 March 8th, 2017. 10:32 A.M. [Go to Saylorsburg] “I think we should go to Saylorsburg.” I said to Franklin. “Al

• [Call them walkers]

After most of the characters from the walking dead calling them walkers, them being called anything else just sounds a bit silly XD

Chapter 4: Part 3 March 8th, 2017. 10:32 A.M. [Go to Saylorsburg] “I think we should go to Saylorsburg.” I said to Franklin. “Al

• Walkers

Awesome part

• [Call them walkers]

• [Call them walkers]

• edited May 2015

Hey guys, sorry about the lack of parts lately. This past week/weekend has definitely been one of, if not, the busiest week I have had since I started this story. However, here's a new part! Hopefully the upcoming weeks aren't as busy, as there is only five weeks left of school!

Chapter 4: Part 4

March 8th, 2017. 4:13 P.M.

[Call them walkers]

“Just call them walkers, it doesn’t really matter.” I said.

“Fine then.” Dan crossed his arms.

“It doesn’t really matter, Dan.” Nick said to him.

“I still don’t feel too safe going into here.” Dan stated.

“Come on, Eric and I already checked the house. It’s safe.” I informed Dan.

“Whatever you say.” Dan walked inside the house first. “Damn, this is nice!”

“I know!” Eric exclaimed. “I’m sure we can all sleep in here too.”

Our entire group entered the house, and got settled in. I decided to go upstairs and lay in the master bedroom and get some rest. I can’t believe we found a place like this. But part of my felt a bit uneasy. Something just didn’t seem right. But I tried my best to let it go and enjoy the luxury.

“Hey, Tony.” Nick entered the room all of a sudden, causing me to flinch.

“Oh, hey.” I laid up. “You scared me there.”

“Sorry.” Nick sat in a nearby chair. “But I wanted to check on you. Crazy past couple of days, huh?”

“Yeah, tell me about it.” I laid back down. “So glad we’re out of there. That community was hell.”

“I feel ya.” Nick agreed with me. “This place seems really nice though.”

“Yeah, it does.” I said. “But a little too nice.”

“What do you mean?” Nick asked.

“Just… how can this place be this beautiful? Someone is taking care of this place or something.” I noted.

“I guess you have a point.” Nick rubbed his chin. “But maybe they were here and then they left to move somewhere else?”

“I guess that’s a possibility.” I said. “I still feel a bit uncomfortable though.”

“Well, I think this place is too good to pass up. Besides, I don’t think we have enough supplies to move anywhere else either. It’s either we stay here or try our luck basically living on the road, whether we like it or not.” Nick explained.

“Shit, man. You’re right.” I said. Nick was right, we have exhausted most of our gas travelling all the way here. “Maybe we can get some supplies quickly while we’re here and then bolt.”

“If the majority feels that way, then I guess we’ll do it.” Nick told me. “But right now I think mostly everyone seems to be on board with staying here.”

“Alright then.” I crossed my arms. “Best to get comfy in here then.”

“Yeah.” Nick sided with me. “Hey, have you seen this bathroom? Damn!” Nick stood up from the chair and walked into the bathroom.

“I haven’t yet actually, Eric said it was nice.” I got up from the bed and followed Nick into the bathroom.

Damn, Eric was right! It was huge, there was a big, nice glass shower, and two beautiful shell-shaped sinks. There was a gigantic tub, diamond shaped. There were two large pillars that extended from the top of the sides of the tub to the ceiling. And behind the tub, in the corner with a big wall to left of it, was a private toilet.

“This is beautiful!” Nick exclaimed. “I can’t believe we-wait, what’s that?” Nick pointed to a hole on the side of the tub.

Hmmm, I didn’t even spot that. It was a decent sized perfect square hole, that seemed to lead underneath the tub. “Uh…” I trailed off.

“Hold on, lemme see what’s in there.” Nick laid on the ground to see what was in the hole. “Ugh, it’s too dark. You got a flashlight? I’m not sticking my hand in there.”

“I think Franklin or Dylan does, stay here, I’ll go get ‘em.” I ran outside of the bedroom and scurried downstairs. Franklin and Dylan were still standing in the foyer. “Hey, any of you have a flashlight or something?”

“I got one.” Franklin pulled out a really tiny flashlight, if you can even call it one. It was more of a magnet flashlight, it stuck to the refrigerator that you can pull off whenever you needed it. I pressed and held down the button to turn it on, and despite it’s tiny size, it certainly packed a punch. This thing was bright as hell.

“What do you need it for?” Franklin asked.

“Uh… Nick and I found a hole on the side of the bathtub in the master bathroom. We’re just going to see if there’s anything in there.” I explained.

“Oh, alright then. Good luck with that.” Franklin joked a bit,

“Heh, thanks.” I sprinted back upstairs and into the master bathroom.

“Got one.” I waved it back and forth to Nick.

“Nice, let me see it.” Nick requested. I handed him the flashlight.

“Alright, let’s see what we have in here…” Nick turned on the flashlight. “Holy shit!” Nick immediately stood up from the floor.

“What is it?” I frantically asked.

“Take a look for yourself!” Nick handed me the flashlight.

“Dude, just tell me, I don’t really wanna look.” I asked Nick. I really didn’t want to see what was in there after his reaction.

“You have to see for yourself.” Nick insisted.

“Fine…” I reluctantly laid on the ground, and turned on the flashlight despite my urge not to. The flashlight revealed a horrific sight. There were dead human bodies, stashed beneath the bathtub. And they sure as hell didn’t look like walkers. “What the fuck?!” I stood up faster than Nick did when he checked.

“Yeah!” Nick threw his arms up in the air. “I really feel you now, Tony. This place isn’t safe.”

“No shit!” I put my hands on my head. “We gotta tell the others.”

Nick and I sprinted out of the master bathroom, and downstairs where everyone was talking to each other. Even Franklin and Dylan had left the foyer at this point. “Guys! Guys! Listen up!” I shouted, trying to get everyone’s attention.

Everyone looked up. “What is it, Tony?” Franklin asked, concerned.

“Alright, so Nick and I found a perfectly cut square hole on the side of the big bathtub in the master bathroom, and we decided to see what was in there, and we found a stash of dead bodies! Dead humans! No way they were walkers….” I announced.

Our group gasped and murmured, as if a concert crowd realized the singer had messed up their lyrics.

“Is this true, Tony?” Franklin asked.

“Yes, it’s true. Want to see for yourself?” I offered the flashlight to Franklin.

“Um… no thank you.” Franklin denied the flashlight.

“I will.” Dylan grabbed the flashlight. Dylan went upstairs, and our group followed. We all reached the master bathroom, and when Dylan flashed the flashlight into the hole so that everyone can see, we all gasped, even me again.

“That’s it.” Marino raised his arms in the air. “We’re getting the fuck outta here.”

“Yeah, we are.” Dom wanted to leave too.

“And me.” Ashley said as well. Pretty much everyone wanted to leave. There was definitely something funky with this place.

“I kind of want to leave too, Franklin.” Dylan said to him.

“I guess we’ll leave then.” Franklin announced. “But we’re going to need more gas if we wanna get somewhere nice.”

“I’ll go.” I raised my hand.

“We’re going too.” Marino said as he tugged Lucia to his side.

“Me too.” Adam volunteered.

“And me.” Tom raised his hand as well.

“Four’s enough.” Dylan stopped Tom. Tom sighed.

“Make sure you make it quick.” Franklin ensured us. “I’m afraid we’re going to get ambushed at any moment.”

“You got it.” I called out as Marino, Lucia and I all ran out of the master bathroom and eventually outside.

As we opened the door, we ran into Mac who was sitting on the steps of the porch, staring into the distance.“Mac?” I asked. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh!” Mac snapped out of his trance. “Uh… what are you guys doing out here?”

“Well, we found dead human bodies stashed beneath the main bathtub. We’re leaving this place, and we’re getting more gas so we can do it.” I explained to the confused Mac.

“Oh… uh… can I… come…?” Mac stuttered.

“You want to come?” I said with emphasis.

“I want to do something useful.” Mac stated. “And I have nothing better to do.”

“Uh… I guess you can come.” Adam said.

“I don’t want him to come. Like Dylan said, four is enough. And he hasn’t really been the luckiest guy around. Right Lucia?” Marino nudged his daughter.

“Uh… I’m staying out of this.” Lucia stated.

“I’m sitting right here you know…” Mac said in a soft voice. “If you don’t want me to go, that’s fine…”

“But we can use the extra help. What if shit takes a turn for the worse? I don’t see what the problem is letting him come with us.” Adam explained.

“It’s a bad idea, Adam. He isn’t coming, nothing against you Mac, but I think this is fine.” Marino insisted. “You agree with me Tony, right?”

“Well…” I trailed off.

[Bring Mac] [Don’t bring Mac]

• edited May 2015

Damn, this house is scary and I have the feeling it could be a huge trap. Luring survivors into staying for a while, before ambushing them or stuff like that. Anyways, it's best to get the hell out of there as soon as possible.

[Bring Mac]

Nobody can screw up that often, right? And everyone deserves a second chance. Or a third. Or a fourth. Or a... fifth? Damn it Mac, I just lost track how often he screwed up in the past! There was the wall, the wall again, the (determinant) screw up in Ashton's torture dungeon that thankfully never happened and the stuff with Braxton... Damn, I guess I can understand why Dom hates that guy.

Anyway, I think it could be time for him to do something useful for once, maybe redeem him a bit. If they get into trouble with whoever killed these people in the house, another guy who can shoot a gun could give them an advantage, no matter how cowardly he is.

Hey guys, sorry about the lack of parts lately. This past week/weekend has definitely been one of, if not, the busiest week I have had since

• [Bring Mac]

Hey guys, sorry about the lack of parts lately. This past week/weekend has definitely been one of, if not, the busiest week I have had since

• [Don’t bring Mac]

• [Bring Mac] I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here. But I swear if he fucks this up I will try my hardest to kill him.

• [Bring Mac]

• [Bring Mac]

• [Bring Mac]

This is Mac's last chance. If he screws up again he's out. That house is giving me the creeps like Liquid said it could just be a trap and knowing how screwed up this world is I wouldn't doubt it being something sinister.

• edited August 2018

Chapter 4: Part 5

March 8th, 2017. 4:26 P.M.

[Bring Mac]

“It’s fine, you can come Mac.” I told him.

“Really…?” Mac sprung up.

“Yeah… really?” Marino questioned me.

“What’s the worst he can do? If anything, we can use an extra man who can use a gun.” I told Marino.

“Uh… you know who you’re talking about, right? This ‘man’ can’t even fight with his fists.” Marino pointed out.

“I can use a gun…” Mac crossed his arms.

“Oh really?” Marino asked him.

“Yes…” Mac quickly nodded. “How hard can it be?”

“Jesus.” Marino sighed. “Whatever. Just don’t try to shoot any of us.”

“Chill, Marino. Let’s not make enemies in our own group.” Adam said.

“He’s right.” I nodded. “Come on, let’s just go.”

March 8th, 2017. 4:41 P.M.

Mac, Marino, Lucia, Adam and I were finally out of Saylorsburg. We were in the town, where all the local stores were and stuff. We tried looking for gas stations, but there were surprisingly none in the area yet. We kept trekking on.

“Ugh, we almost there?” Lucia groaned.

“I don’t know, we need to keep going though. No way in hell we’re staying at that house.” Marino notified.

“Ugh, my feet are killing me.” Lucia groaned once more.

“Man up, Lucia. We only walked for about fifteen minutes.” Marino said.

“Still, I’m just exhausted. I want to lay down.” Lucia sighed.

“Come on, I’m sure a gas station is near here somewhere.” Adam speculated.

“Me too.” I said. “Shouldn’t be far.”

“Yeah.” Mac said glumly.

“Cheer up, kid.” Adam gave Mac a friendly shove.

“I can’t.” Mac responded, walking while facing the ground.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Because.” Mac looked up from the ground. “Too much shit has happened to me. And I can’t do anything about it.”

“I’m sure it isn’t that bad.” Adam tried to comfort him.

“Yeah, right.” Mac sneered. “Try having to deal with watching both your mom and dad get brutally devoured by walkers only a couple feet away from you. And then my girlfriend and I being manipulated to join the hell that was Ashton’s community. And then I had to watch that fucker RAPE my girlfriend and then kill her!”

“Mac…” I reached an arm out. “I’m sorry, but you can’t keep looking back on that. All of us have lost families. We’re here for you.”

Mac ignored me. “I lost it at that point. I didn’t care for anyone or anything anymore. That’s why I was willing to risk my own life by tearing down those walls just as long as that fucker Ashton died. But instead I get captured by him and I get stuck with you guys! I don’t hate you, but I already got two people from your group killed.... and I haven’t done anything useful since all of this started. I’m a walking broken mirror.”

“You can’t think like that. It wasn’t really your fault… it was Ashton and Dexter’s fucked up minds that did that. We don’t hate you, Dom just has a temper. You just gotta keep going.” I explained to him.

“If you say so…” Mac shrugged. “Let’s just go. I don’t really want to talk about it.”

Lucia showed some sympathy for Mac. “Hey, uh… I think we should split up. Mac, my dad and I will go check the right side of town over here, and you and Adam can go get the left. It’s not far from each other at all. Sound good?”

“Sure.” I affirmed. “Come on, Adam.”

Adam and I both headed towards the left side of the area. “Damn. You gotta feel bad for the kid.”

“Yeah. He seems too young to have had to go through all that.” I said.

“Yeah, poor guy seems only 19 or 20 years old. Put yourself in that position.” Adam also showed some sympathy.

“I can’t imagine.” I said. “But we’ve been through a hell of a ride, Adam.”

“Yeah man.” Adam nodded. “Remember the old, small, little, peaceful, undisturbed group we had living in the cabin? Those were the good days man.”

“Don’t even remind me, Adam. Knowing Alex and Braxton aren’t with us anymore…” I trailed off. It was crazy to believe that they were dead.

“Yeah.” Adam sighed. “Poor Braxton didn’t get to drive or ever use those manuals.”

“Eh, those manuals were long lost anyway. But it’s still sad to think about. Remember raiding that school?” I asked.

“Yeah, I do. Man, what would have happened if we just stayed there? Would Ashton or Dexter have pulled us into their community?” Adam answered with another question.

“No clue.” I shrugged. “The reason we got dragged into that was because we had to search for supplies, and we ran into Ashley.”

“Oh yeah. It’s Ashley’s fault!” Adam chuckled.

“Nah, Ashley’s cool. I’m glad she’s with us.” I smiled.

“Oooohhhh!” Adam let out. “You got some feelings?”

“No dude.” I laughed. “Dom’s already with her anyway.”

“Yeah, true. I’m sure Dom is glad we went through all that for her.” Adam laughed with me.

“Maybe. He was pretty close to Braxton though. But at least he’s happy with Ashley.” I said.

“True, true. Hold on, what’s that?” Adam pointed to a gas station. “Look!”

“Nice!” I clapped. “MAC! LUCIA! MARINO! GET OVER HERE!” I called out.

“Careful, man! There can be people out here!” Adam got nervous.

“Shit, I forgot.” I said. Crap. “Well, I don’t think there’s anyone out here anyway.”

“There better not be.” Adam sighed.

Mac, Lucia, and Marino came running towards us. “What is it? Anything happen?” Marino asked.

“Nah, we found a gas station!” Adam pointed to the gas station.

“Nice! Let’s go.” Marino lead the way.

March 8th, 2017. 4:52 P.M.

“Shit, of course, there’s nothing.” Marino moaned. “Fuck! Of course there’s nothing!”

“Well, here’s a walkie-talkie I found in one of the drawers.” Mac held out the walkie-talkie.

“What’s one walkie-talkie gonna do for us?” Marino asked. “Besides, we already have a shit ton of walkie-talkies from Franklin.”

“I don’t know. But it’s something.” Mac shrugged.

“Damn.” I sighed. “Oh well. Looks like we gotta keep looking.”

“Come on, I wanna leave!” Lucia complained.

“Lucia! This is mandatory!” Marino demanded.

“But-” Lucia started to say before the walkie-talkie in Mac’s hand went off.

“Hello? Hello??” A man on the walkie-talkie asked.

“Hello?” Mac answered.

“Mac!” Marino exclaimed. “Why the fuck would you answer?! Now he knows we’re here!”

“Sorry! Sorry! I didn’t know!” Mac dropped the walkie-talkie.

“Sorry ain’t gonna do shit! We gotta get outta here!” Marino said, frantically.

“Well come-” Adam started to say before a sniper rifle being fired cut him off.

“AHHHH!” Lucia clenched on to her left shoulder immediately. It was bleeding pretty bad.

“You piece of shit!” Marino screamed in Mac’s face.

“Stop dad! Ahhh!” Lucia pleaded her father not to get mad.

“It’ll be alright Lucia!” Marino picked up his daughter and ran out of the gas station as fast as he can.

“Come on!” Adam and I both ran out of the gas station, all of us taking cover behind other cars and building. Where the hell were these snipers?

“Where’s Mac?” Adam asked.

I looked around, and spotted Mac sitting alone in the gas station, staring at the wall. “Mac! Get outta there!” I shouted.

That was until another bullet was fired at the car Adam and I were taking cover on. “Get out of there! Or we’ll get you out ourselves!” A man called out.

“MAC!” I yelled.

Mac snapped out of his trance, and rushed out of the gas station as fast as possible. Another bullet grazed right above his left ear, nearly entering his head. He dived to us.

“Shit, shit, shit…” Mac put his hands on his head.

“Come on! We gotta go!” Marino called out, who was still carrying Lucia. They were hiding behind another car.

“Come on guys!” I said as we all made a dash for it, as fast as we can, ducking occasionally and staying behind cars.

“You can run but you can’t hide! We’ll find you!” The sniper called out.

The five of us made it out of the plaza area, and made our way back on track to Saylorsburg. “Shit, did we lose them?” Adam asked.

“I think.” I gasped for air. “Thank God we didn’t get shot while escaping.”

“Dad…” Lucia said.

“She’s losing lots of blood! Hurry!” Marino sprinted towards Saylorsburg. We all sprinted behind him.

March 8th, 2017. 5:23 P.M.

The five of us barged through the door to the house. “Guys! Help!” I called out.

“What’s going on?” Franklin came running to the foyer, the group behind him.

“We were looking for gas, and we found this gas station, and we found a walkie-talkie, and a man spoke through it, and Mac accidentally gave away our location, and one of them sniped Lucia in the shoulder. We got out of there as fast as we could, we didn’t even get any gas.” I frantically explained.

“Yeah! This piece of shit got my daughter shot!” Marino scolded Mac.

“Stop, Marino!” I put my hand on his shoulder. “It’s not all his fault. I shouted for you guys like an idiot, I shouldn’t have done that in the first place. I screwed up.”

“Stop arguing guys! Put Lucia on the couch over there in the living room.” Franklin ordered. Marino laid Lucia on the couch, and most of the group followed.

“You guys don’t understand.” Adam gritted his teeth. “He said that he’ll find us… no, he said that WE’LL find us… there’s a lot of them. We need to get the fuck outta here.”

“Well, we don’t have any gas!” Dylan threw his hands up in the air. “Shit! Fuck!”

“We have to leave, now.” Adam stated.

“But-” Dylan started to say but was cut off by Adam.

“No buts! I know we have no gas, but we can’t wait and go back there!” Adam emphasised.

Franklin came back to Dylan, Adam and I. “I heard you guys’ conversation. We need to make a crucial decision.” Franklin crossed his arms.

“What decision?” Dylan asked, puzzled.

“We either leave now and try to get as far away as possible, but risk losing gas in the middle of the road. Or we can go back out there and look for more gas. But it’s risky as shit.” Franklin explained.

“Both options are risky as shit!” Dylan exclaimed.

“Well we have no other choice!” Franklin said in a loud voice. “It’s either one or the other!”

I had to have a say in this. This decision was huge.

[Leave now with limited gas] [Search for gas tonight] [Search for gas in the morning]

• edited May 2015

God DAMNIT Mac! What a moron, can't do anything without screwing up somehow. He's like Pippin from Lord of the Rings, but without the occasional useful moment. I thought that no one could be that much of a failure. I was horribly wrong. And that was certainly the last chance I am willing to give him. He and Jessie have to be the most useless screw-ups this group could ever encounter, they should just leave both of them behind, would be for the best. Poor Lucia though, I hope she won't bleed to death because of that idiot.

[Leave now with limited gas]

Sure, it's risky as hell, but in my opinion leaving now is still better than risking an attack by whoever shot Lucia. They need to get the hell out of there before these people find their location. If they run out of gas on the road, it's still better than meeting the same end as the dead
    people they found in the house. And even if they go out of there in search of more gas, there's no guarantee that they are going to find it at least not without risking to loose even more people.

Chapter 4: Part 5 March 8th, 2017. 4:26 P.M. [Bring Mac] “It’s fine, you can come Mac.” I told him. “Really…?” Mac sprung up.

• Leave. Now

Also [Klll Mac]

Awesome capter!

Chapter 4: Part 5 March 8th, 2017. 4:26 P.M. [Bring Mac] “It’s fine, you can come Mac.” I told him. “Really…?” Mac sprung up.

• [Leave now with limited gas]

It's not safe to stay there. Hopefully Mac didn't cause another death in the group.

Between the snipers and the house, that area is a complete and utter death trap. Should leave, even with a limited supply. Better than staying on hunts for gas, especially since these people know some of the group are around. Thinking about it, the house could easily be one of their traps.

• [Leave now with limited gas] get the hell out of dodge.

Also, damnit Mac. You are officially worse than Duck.

Damn it Mac!

• No , he is worse than Ben

mr.quality posted: »

[Leave now with limited gas] get the hell out of dodge. Also, damnit Mac. You are officially worse than Duck.

• Oh God no...

supersagig posted: »

No , he is worse than Ben

• Chapter 4: Part 6

March 8th, 2017. 5:28 P.M.

[Leave now with limited gas]

“We need to leave now. There’s no way in hell we’re waiting here just for the possibility of finding some gas for tomorrow. If those guys are really following us, they’ll be here within the hour.”

“He’s right.” Adam agreed with me.

“I agree with you too.” Franklin nodded. “Alright, gather everyone up! We gotta go fast!”

Franklin and Dylan both went outside to the truck to get it running, while Adam and I went into the living room.

“Guys!” I called out. “We’re leaving! There’s people following us, the same people who shot Lucia! We have to go!”

“What?” Marino objected. “Lucia is in no condition to move!”

“Don’t worry.” Adam tried to calm him down. “She can rest in the truck.”

“Yeah, the truck that will run out of gas in a couple of hours? If not less? Then what?” Marino was clearly not on board with this.

“Listen.” I kneeled down and got in Marino’s face. “If we don’t leave now, those guys will be here! And they will kill all of us!”

Marino shook his head and looked at his wounded daughter, who seemed to be fading into a deep sleep. “Fine!” He picked up Lucia and ran outside into the truck, as the group followed.

Most of the group had gotten into the truck. Nick, Katrina, Samantha, Tom, Mac and I were gathering the rest of the supplies. Well, Mac wasn’t really doing anything. He was just standing on the porch, staring into the horizon.“Come on, that’s all! Let’s go!” I called back while I ran out of the house.

As I crossed the street to enter the truck, I noticed a couple of figures down the road, approaching us. And of course, they were holding large rifles. What? Was it those guys by the gas station? They followed us here that fast?

“Shit! Guys, hurry! It’s those guys!” I yelled to them as loud as I can. I’m pretty sure those guys saw me.

Nick, Katrina, Samantha, and Tom all ran out of the house and sprinted across the street to the truck, the men were now running towards us.

“Where’s Mac?” Katrina asked.

“Who cares about him? Just go!” Marino exclaimed.

“No! We’re not doing that!” Nick jumped up and ran out of the truck.

“NICK! Don’t go out there!!!” Katrina cried. She got out and ran after him.

“You guys ready??” Franklin called out.

“No! Hold on!” I said as I scrambled out of the truck, trying to get back Nick and Katrina.

The guys were only about 100 yards down the road. Nick and Katrina were dragging Mac from the porch, and pulling him back to the truck.

“Come on guys!” I started sprinting towards them.

BAM! A shot missed my leg by a hair. Shit, they were already shooting us! “Hurry guys!”

Nick, Katrina, and Mac finally met up with me. “Come on!”

The four of us sprinted towards the truck. The men kept shooting at us, but they were missing most of their shots. But not all of them.

“AHHHH!” I heard someone scream. I turned around to see Nick on the ground, his right ankle bleeding furiously.

“NICK!” Katrina ran back to help him. “Tony, Mac! Help!”

I don’t know if Mac ignored Katrina or if he just simply did not hear her, because he ran straight inside of the truck. I got as close to them as I can while staying out of their sights.

“Go, Kat! Don’t get yourself killed!” Nick begged as he tried to get up as fast as he can. Nick managed to lean on Katrina and put all of his weight on his left foot, and tried his best to hop back to the truck.

BAM! Another shot was fired. “AHHH!” Nick screamed again. Just our luck. The men now shot Nick’s left ankle, and Nick was helpless on the ground.

“Get him!” I heard one of the men shout. They were now sprinting towards us. Katrina picked up Nick, despite her not being very strong, and stumbled her way into the truck. I quickly followed and slammed the doors shut.

“GO” I shouted.

Franklin stepped on the gas pedal, and just like that, we drove away and Saylorsburg disappeared from our sight.

“What the fuck happened?” Steve asked. The poor guy still had to restrain Jessie through all of this. “How did they even find us?”

“Nick… he went to go and get Mac!” Katrina started to cry. “But those guys shot both of his ankles!”

“I’m, fine… Kat… ahh!” Nick screamed.

“You aren’t fine!” Katrina shook her head.

“You again! You fucking shit!” Marino kicked Mac on the arm. Mac remained silent.

Dom had gritted his teeth when Marino said that. “No fucking way.”

“Listen! I’m sorry okay?” Mac stood up.

“You’re sorry? What are you sorry for?” Dom’s voice began to rise.

“For everything! I know I’m useless! I know all I do is fuck up! You guys don’t have to keep kicking me over it and making me feel like a sack of shit!” Mac yelled. This is the first time I have ever seen Mac show some anger or defense.

“Well, you’ve been a curse to this group. And I don’t think you can make up for what you did.” Marino looked at Lucia, who seemed to get more lifeless every second.

“You think I fucking wanted all of this to happen?” Mac was now louder than ever. “You guys have no idea what I’ve been through!”

Instead of pleasing everyone, Mac just seemed to make more people turn against him. “We’ve all been through lots of shit. Don’t use that as an excuse.” Eric now spoke.

“Fuck you!” Mac yelled to Eric’s face.

“Mac, relax!” Ryan got up to try to calm him down, but Mac shoved him to the ground.

“How can I fucking relax when my own group hates me? I know you have a reason to, but I told you! I’m sorry!” Mac screamed.

“Shut the fuck up!” Katrina shouted. “If you’re group didn’t hate you before, it sure as hell does now!”

“Why? Why does it?” Mac continued to yell.

“Because look at you! Look at what you’re saying and doing!” Katrina shot back.

“That’s because you guys won’t give me a break! You all treated me like this, now it’s time to get a taste of your own medicine!” Mac retorted.

“We didn’t treat you like this!” Katrina denied. “We were just angry with you because all you do is fuck up and get our friends killed! We never physically hurt you before!”

“Yeah, we didn’t!” Ryan said from the ground, reminding Mac that he had pushed him to the ground.

“All you fucking do!” Dom yelled. “I can list all of the things you have done since you have joined this group! You have put all of our lives at jeopardy TWICE at the community, you inadvertently get Alex and Braxton killed, you get Lucia shot, and now you crippled Nick because of your actions!”

“I can’t take this anymore.” Mac’s voice went from furious to soft. “I can’t.” He sat back down and now began to sob.

“Now you’re gonna try to make us pity you? Because it ain’t gonna work!” Dom screeched.

“No…” Mac said in an almost inaudible tone.

“Then what do you want?” Dom hollered.

Mac stared at Dom, and sprang up from where he was sitting. He dove towards Dom, and took his pistol right out of his pocket. “Stay back! I’m not going to hurt you…” Mac was still crying, as he got up and stood by the doors of the truck.

“Give that back!” Dom tried to charge towards Mac, but was restrained by Ashley.

“Stop, Dom! You really think he is going to hurt us?” Ashley said.

“I’m not…” Mac pointed the pistol towards the ground. “I’m tired of this. I’m useless. My entire life, I’m been useless. The world would have been so much better if I just never had been born. I’m nothing but a fuck up.” Mac slapped himself. “I deserve all of this. Why would a huge fuck up like me deserve glory, peace, and kindness? I let everyone down. My parents, my girlfriend, you guys, everyone. And I’ll continue to let everyone down, because I do nothing but hurt people. I’ll be remembered as an asshole who just does nothing but hurt people. The most useless, sorry excuse for a human being to live on this planet.” Mac slapped himself again.

“Don’t think like that, Mac. We make mistakes.” I seemed to be the only one at least making an attempt to defend him.

“Mistakes? Of course people make mistakes! My whole life is a mistake! I’M A MISTAKE!” Mac screamed while crying. “I’m sorry, mom. I’m sorry, dad. I’m sorry, Amanda. I’m glad I’ll be able to see you all again in a much better place.”

All of a sudden, Mac quickly placed the barrel of the pistol to the side of his head. “I’m sorry for everything…”

“Wait!” A few of the remorseful members of our group, including me, jumped up and tried to stop him, but it was too late.

BAM! Mac pulled the trigger, and blood splattered all over the left side of the truck. Mac’s body fell forward, and face planted right in the middle of the room.

“What the fuck??!?!” Franklin and Dylan both exclaimed, and Dylan climbed over the seats to get to the back of the truck, while Franklin remained driving.

Gaston was crying, and Santiago seemed to be traumatized. “Dad…” Lucia whispered.

Marino seemed to be speechless. He had no comment on the situation.

“Shit…” Dom muttered.

Most of us just remained silent. That was just… brutal. No matter how much of a fuck up he was, I would never wish suicide on anyone, not even Jessie. I never thought I would feel bad for Mac.

“Well…” Adam trailed off. “At least he’s in a better place…”

“Stop the truck, Franklin.” Dylan commanded.

“I can’t do that, Dylan. Those guys are following us.” Franklin reminded him.

“I think we’re far enough from them by now. Stop the truck, Frank.” Dylan demanded.

Franklin reluctantly stepped on the brakes. He climbed over the back and arrived at the horrifying scene. “Jesus…”

“Sorry… but we can’t just leave his body here… like that…” Dylan said softly.

“I know we can’t…” Franklin agreed. “What are we gonna do?”

No one wanted to answer that question. No one wanted to say anything about the situation.

“I guess we just have to throw him out…” Franklin came to a dissatisfying conclusion. “We can’t bury him.”

“I guess…” Dylan trailed off.

Everyone watched as Dylan opened the truck doors and Franklin disturbingly tossed Mac’s body out the back. “What a mess…” Franklin muttered.

“Let’s just… get a move on…” Dylan said as he and Franklin both climbed into the front seats and started driving again. Pretty much all of us just laid back and tried to relax a bit. I ended up falling asleep.

March 9th, 2017. 8:39 A.M.

“Wake up, everyone.” Franklin called back to us.

I opened my eyes, and everyone else was also waking up from their sleep. Nick was the only one fully awake. The blood was cleaned from the wall.

“We’re outta gas. We’ve been out for the past couple of hours.” Franklin informed us.

“Damn…” Nick said, his feet still pretty much destroyed. “Now what?”

“I don’t know.” Franklin responded. “Look out the window. We’re stuck on a road surrounded by nothing but trees. No where to go.”

“We have to go somewhere.” I pointed out.

“I know.” Franklin nodded. “We can’t really do much. We can either stay here in this cramped truck with our supplies, or we just keep walking and hope we run into something good.”

“Damn. Neither sound fun.” Nick shook his head.

“Well, we gotta pick something.” Franklin said. “What do you guys think?”

[Stay in the truck] [Leave the truck and explore the area to try and find a new place]

• edited May 2015

God damn, didn't expect that...

[Leave the truck and explore the area to try and find a new place]

Chapter 4: Part 6 March 8th, 2017. 5:28 P.M. [Leave now with limited gas] “We need to leave now. There’s no way in hell we’re waiti

• [Leave the truck and explore the area to try and find a new place] They are an easy target if they stay in the truck.

Oh god. Mac. I am so sorry for despising him. FUCK YOU DOM

Chapter 4: Part 6 March 8th, 2017. 5:28 P.M. [Leave now with limited gas] “We need to leave now. There’s no way in hell we’re waiti

• edited May 2015

Good fucking riddance Mac, you won't be missed you useless piece of garbage! Never thought I could ever despise him that much! But of course that asshole had to do one final screw-up and cause serious injury to Nick. And after he didn't even try to help Katrina (who was so cool in this again) in saving Nick, I don't even feel any sympathy or pity for him and cheered for Dom, Kat and Eric all the way as they finally called him out on everything he did. Damn asshole should have shot Jessie before shooting himself, that way he would have done one good thing after all! All alone, he managed to do more bad than Ashton and Dexter combined! A tragic backstory is no excuse for causing harm to others with his completely ignorant, self-pitying and self-centered behaviour. Oh, boo-hoo Mac, all your family is dead and your girlfriend got raped and killed, so what? That's not an excuse to risk the lives of others for nothing and later blame them for being angry. Right now I probably hate him even more than Jessie, albeit I'm sure this will change as soon as Jessie starts to speak again. So glad that ididot is finally gone, they should have left his sorry ass at Ashton's!

I agree with Sagig, they are an easy target if they stay in the truck. Of course, Nick can't walk thanks to that fucker Mac, but they somehow have to keep moving. That means someone probably has to carry him, either Dom, Franklin, Steve or even Jessie, who all appear to be pretty strong. Maybe Jessie can finally do something useful by going full Hodor mode for Nick.

• [Leave the truck and explore the area to try and find a new place]

Fuck Mac! After all he did he even took the cowards option out of it instead of making up for all he did. What a jerk! I guess Nick has a big problem now because of him.

• [Leave the truck and explore the area to try and find a new place]

Damn my conflicted feelings about mac. I want to hate him but I can't, but at the same time I still do.

• [Leave the truck and explore the are to try and find a new place]

I agree with sagig and Liquid it's too dangerous to stay in the truck. After everything he did he takes the cowards way out. He could have at least tried to make amends and help people for a change. Now we move on to the next piece of shit Jessie. Hopefully the group can find a safe place.

• Chapter 4: Part 7

March 9th, 2017. 8:43 A.M.

“We should get out of this truck. It’s best not to stay here and camp here, especially with what happened with those guys before. We should find somewhere else to stay.” I suggested.

“I agree.” Nick sided with me. “We can’t stay in this truck forever.”

“But how are we gonna traverse through these woods? You can’t walk, Nick. And Lucia can’t walk too well either. And we don’t want Jessie to scamper off.” Franklin said.

“I wouldn’t care if Jessie left.” I told Franklin. “Dude’s a total asshole and hasn’t done anything for us besides say some pretty fucked up things.”

“I know, but, I’m afraid he’s gonna try and… hurt us or something. Guy like him doesn’t seem trustworthy for anything at all.” Franklin muttered.

“What’s all this talk about me?” Jessie spoke out of nowhere.

“What the hell?” I jumped back. “You’re awake?”

“Yep, I heard everything, faggots.” Jessie snickered as he climbed out of Steve’s arms. “Bastard ain’t strong enough when he’s asleep.”

“Shut up.” I snapped at him.

“Why?” Jessie chuckled. “Am I too dislikeable for you?”

“Yeah, you are.” Nick joined in.

“But I don’t know what I did!” Jessie said in a fake sad voice, clearly mocking us.

“Shut the fuck up.” I almost yelled. “What didn’t you do? Make Ashton almost torture us and be a complete dick?”

“My apologies for that.” Jessie smiled. “But if you just give me another chance-”

“Stop the bullshit.” Nick snapped now. “There’s no way you can redeem yourself.”

“Trust me. I’m probably the most useful guy in this damn group.” Jessie gloated.

“How?” I crossed my arms.

“I’m strong, you know I don’t give a shit about anything, I can beat the living shit out of assholes who try to threaten me.” Jessie went on. “And, like I said, try to get rid of me, or I just simply make you regret that decision.”

I shook my head. Jessie pissed me off more than anyone else.

“I dare you to get rid of me.” Jessie threatened me.

“Why would you care?” I asked.

“Jesus fucking Christ.” Jessie moaned. “How many times do I have to say it? I have no where else to stay or go. You think I wanna be stuck with you people?”

“Take it easy.” Nick got up to stand. “Ahh!” He quickly sat back down. “Shit, I forgot about that for a second.”

“See.” Jessie shook his head. “You think he can do more for you guys? Or me?”

That teared it. I stood up and confronted Jessie. “Shut your fucking mouth. Nick’s one of the most respected people in this group. And he’s also one of my closest friends. He actually cares for all of us, unlike you. Sometimes it doesn’t matter who’s the useful or not, having a good relationship is really what matters most.”

“Chill the fuck out, asshole.” Jessie got up, and our faces were only a few inches away from each other. His beard was probably only two or three centimeters from my chin. “This is about survival of the fittest now. Look around you. Look at all of the fucked up shit you’ve seen! This world is changed. It isn’t the same. If we keep detriments like this guy we aren’t gonna make it far, dipshit.”

I tried my best to resist the urge to strangle him. “We have how many people in our group? And just because one guy can’t walk it puts our group at risk? What’s your logic there? You just want us dead.”

“You know what?!?!?!” Jessie growled. He punched me right in the face, and I fell to the ground. Holy shit, he is strong. That hurt like hell.

“Gahhh!” I screamed.

Out of all people who awoke to my scream, it happened to be Steve. “What the fuck?” He exclaimed.

Steve charged towards Jessie, and tackled him. “Fuck you, you piece of shit!” Steve yelled in Jessie’s face and punched him in the face repeatedly.

Franklin stared at the scene, and didn’t do anything to stop it. Looks like Franklin was finally on board with the whole Jessie thing. But then I saw him pull out his air horn.

HONK! The horn when off. All the action that was going on stopped, and most of the members of our group were waking up.

“Alright, that’s enough!” Franklin called out. “We have to get a move on now! We aren’t staying in this truck!”

Everyone was awake now. “We aren’t?” Dan asked.

“Nope.” Dylan appeared out of nowhere beside Franklin. “Come on, we have pretty much no supplies left. Might as well leave now.”

“But Nick can’t walk!” Katrina was quick to point out.

Nick looked as if he was about to deny that statement, but then stopped himself. “She’s right… I’m not walking anytime soon.”

“I’ll carry him.” Jessie quickly volunteered.

“Fuck no!” Nick immediately denied Jessie’s offering. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Nick get that angry that fast.

“What? Don’t you want me to prove I’m useful?” Jessie smiled.

“How do we know you won’t kill him?” Katrina stepped in front of Jessie.

“Great, I gotta deal with this bitch now?” Jessie groaned.

“What did you just call me!?!?!?” Katrina exclaimed with anger.

“Stop! Stop!” Dylan jumped to the back and got in between the two. “Just… stop fighting!”

“Excuse me Dylan, did you hear what he just said?!” Katrina said, loudly.

“Yeah, I did.” Dylan nodded. “Enough, Jessie. Stop being a prick. What did we ever do to you?”

Jessie stared at Dylan without an answer.

“That’s right.” Dylan shoved Jessie away from Katrina.

“Don’t worry, I got him.” Steve volunteered this time.

“You sure?” Nick asked. “What about Jessie?”

“I’m sure, you need it. And I don’t give a shit about him. He can get lost for all I care.” Steve picked up Nick. “Shit, you’re heavy!”

“Thanks…” Nick said in a playful soft tone.

“Sorry, didn’t mean it like that.” Steve chuckled. “Come on guys.”

We all walked out of the truck, Marino was still carrying Lucia.

“Where do we even go?” Samantha asked.

“Just head up the road I guess.” Franklin responded.

March 9th, 2017. 12:59 P.M.

Four. Hours. Over four hours we’ve been walking for. This road seemed to never end.

“Ugh, how fucking far are we from something good?” Eric complained.

“I think I can see the end of the road from here.” Dylan squinted his eyes.

Grruuuuuuuggghhhhhhh…..

All of us stopped moving. “Shit, did you guys hear that?” Franklin whispered.

Grraaaaagggghhhhhh…. grrruuuhhhh…….

There were lots of them. I heard a shit ton of grumble noises. I looked around, to see the walkers closing in on us, coming out of the woods from both sides of us.

“Shit! Everyone, kill them all!” Franklin ordered.

Everyone who had a weapon pulled it out, and tried killing as many walkers as they can.

I took out my pistol, and began shooting some walkers. Shit, they were really getting close!

“Guys! Stay safe!!” Franklin called out to us again. “Kill them!!!”

We were all panicking as the walkers kept coming. I saw Steve struggling to kill walkers, as he was supporting Nick with one arm and shooting with the other.

“Steve! Nick!” Katrina came dashing towards the two. “Don’t die!”

The walkers were literally encircling us. This wasn’t going to end well.

“Dad!” I heard Gaston shout. I turned to my left to see Marino still holding Lucia, and gathered his kids and ran off into the woods while evading walkers.

“Shit! Marino!” I tried to call out to him, no answer. He vanished in the woods. Almost our entire group was separated at this point, I couldn’t see all of my group members.

“Tony! Behind you!” Adam warned me.

I turned around to see a walker inches away from me. It was just about to sink its teeth into my neck, until a bullet entered its head. I turned to my right to see Deryck firing like crazy with an AK-47. “Go!” He called out to me.

I ran off aimlessly into the woods, I had no idea where I was going. The only thing I can see where tons of trees and a pretty wide river. But all of the walkers had exited the woods and were now roaming the streets. I thought I was alone, until Deryck emerged from behind me,

“Yo, Tony! Wait up!” Deryck shouted.

“Deryck!” I was so glad to see him. “Where the hell is everyone? Did you see anyone get killed?”

“No, no! I couldn’t see anything! I just saved your ass and hauled right behind you! I have no fucking clue where we are!” Deryck explained.

“FRANKLIN! DYLAN! HELLO?! ANYONE?!?!?!?” I screamed, hoping to get an answer. I didn’t know how deep into the woods I was.

No answer.

“Fuck! Where are they?!?!” Deryck paced back and forth.

“It’s okay, I know they’re safe somewhere. Let’s just slowly and quietly try to make our way out of these woods…” I was pretty nervous, not gonna lie.

That was until I heard trees and bushes rustling. I turned around to see Jessie surface from the bushes. Of course, out of all people. Him.

“Jessie!” Deryck exclaimed. “Have you seen anyone?!”

“Yeah, I did.” Jessie said with almost no emotion. “They ran off into the other side of the woods. Too bad I didn’t get to see who made it or not.”

“Do you even care?” I asked.

“Why should I? After all, you guys treat me like shit anyway.” Jessie crossed his arms.

I wanted to tackle him so bad right now. But I managed to stay calm and collected, I just wanted to find my group.

“Whatever. We just gotta get outta here.” Deryck sighed.

“Or we can stay here and survive together. We don’t need that big group, it’ll slow us down. Deryck, you seem like you can use a gun pretty well. And Tony… well, you’re an asshole. But I think we can make it work.” Jessie grinned.

Deryck took pride in Jessie’s comment. “Well, I know a lot about guns. This AK-47, right here, these babies were used all the way back in World War II. It originated in the Soviet Union, and its full name is actually Avtomat Kalashnikova.

“Uh… that’s good to know, Deryck.” I shrugged. “But there’s no way I’m abandoning my group. You can leave right now.”

“I told you! Holy fucking shit! Do you even have a brain? I won’t survive anywhere else!” Jessie threw his arms up in the air.

“Fine! But I’m staying with my group. Come on, Deryck.” I told him as I began to traverse the woods. I turned to see Deryck and Jessie following me.

“Why are you even coming with us?” I asked Jessie.

“I swear to fucking God…” Jessie clenched both of his fists. “That’s it!” Jessie ran up to me, and punched me right in the face again. “Ahhh!”

I jumped right back up. That teared it. I tackled Jessie to the ground, and we rumbled on the ground, and we got pretty close to the river. The current was pretty fast, anyone who fell in wouldn’t be able to get out.

“Guys! Relax! You’re gonna fall in the river!” Deryck tried to split us apart, and he was successful.

I didn’t care. I grabbed Jessie by his shirt and held him over the river. “I’m gonna fucking drop you in there.”

Jessie laughed at the comment. “Oh, really?” He pulled out a pistol, and aimed it at Deryck and I. “Drop me in, I’ll kill both of ya.”

Deryck pulled up his AK-47, and aimed right at Jessie. He pulled the trigger fast. Click! “What? How the fuck is there no ammo? What?!?!?!”

“I see how it is.” Jessie shot Deryck in his left arm, causing him to fall.

“Ahhh! Drop him, Tony!” Deryck clenched his arm in pain.

“Drop me in, I’ll end his life. And I’ll end yours too.” Jessie threatened.

I looked at Deryck. Did he want me to risk it? “He won’t be able to do it… he won’t be able to shoot us when he’s in there...” Deryck trailed off.

“Are you sure?” I asked Deryck.

“I’d advise you not to listen to him. I told you, I’m useful. I guess this is the way you want to find out?” Jessie chuckled. “And if I make it out of that river alive, you can bet your ass I’m hunting you down like deer.”

I don’t know if he was really gonna shoot me or Deryck, or both of us, or if he would be able to even get a shot off at all. But this was a big risk. But God, I fucking hated Jessie. And so did everyone else in our group.

“Now or never, Tony.” Jessie smiled.

[Drop Jessie into the river] [Pull Jessie to safety]

• [Drop Jessie into the river] I HATE YOU JESSIE DIE DIE DIE FOR FUCKING ONCE

Awesome part!

Chapter 4: Part 7 March 9th, 2017. 8:43 A.M. [Leave the truck and explore the area to try and find a new place] “We should get out

• edited May 2015

“Great, I gotta deal with this bitch now?” Jessie groaned.

What did he just call her!? That's it, that fucking bastard officially makes me sick! It's a small miracle that he managed to survive Dexter and Ashton if he said stuff like that around them. After that part, I don't care for how useful he could ever be, he has to die, no matter what! They should have put a bullet in his worthless brain after their escape from Ashton's, it's a wonder they haven't done so the first time he started to brag about how he'll make them pay if they leave him behind. Anyway, my vote might seem surprising now, but I put some thought behind it:

[Pull Jessie to safety]

Like I said, he has to die, preferrably as painful as possible! There is a line and he crossed it big time by calling Katrina a bitch, on top of shooting Deryck and being the most obnoxious son of a whore possible! But especially by calling Katrina a bitch! No one does that and get's to live! However, as much as I want him to die, I'm afraid he won't die from that fall. As soon as Tony gets his hands on a loaded gun, I hope he'll immediately shoot him in the head, but since the river is not guaranteed to kill him it's too risky to give him what he deserves right now. If he survives, he could become a danger to the whole group and I'm not going to risk that. Better to play nice until he lets his guard down. And then Tony shall give him the most well-deserved headshot of all time.

Chapter 4: Part 7 March 9th, 2017. 8:43 A.M. [Leave the truck and explore the area to try and find a new place] “We should get out

• edited May 2015

I have to agree with Liquid. As much as I want Jessie to die he might not die. I wouldn't want him coming after the group and getting more people hurt. It pains me to do this but I'm going to have to choose.

[Pull Jessie to safety]

I can't believe I'm doing this but maybe he'll get his sooner rather than later.

• [Pull Jessie to safety]

• [Drop Jessie in the river] die. Die. Die!

Great part!

• The group as it is has a hell of a lot to deal with, with or without Jessie, which makes this decision difficult. Take into account that Jessie has already shot Deryck. Why give this guy another chance? Because he keeps saying he is useful? He's yet to do anything even remotely useful at this stage and he is suggesting to abandon the others. Sure, he may not die from this, but there's little chance he's escaping from something like that injury-free. So I'm choosing to drop him because he's a danger to keep around on top of everything else that's going on. Let's just hope they find Nick and the others sharpish!

[Drop Jessie in the river]

• edited May 2015

[Pull Jessie to safety]

Normally I'm not the one to call for someones death but Jessie really needs to die if he doesnt do something extremely useful very soon. But I agree with Liquid, I dont think he will die from falling into that river. The group needs to kill him as soon as possible to stay safe from him but they have to make sure that he dies, or else they get an even bigger problem. I hate him so much, why did Franklin even bring him along in the first place? That was such a stupid move.

• Hey guys, quick update. Unfortunately I'm going to be inactive for the week, so that means I won't be able to update this story or vote on any other stories. Something went wrong with my computer and I have to go and get it fixed. I am typing this on my phone, (which is a pain in the ass) in case you were wondering. I should be able to have my computer back by Friday, but no guarantees. I apologize for this inconvenience, but you guys have been very cooperative when it comes to stuff like this so I hope you understand!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.