Comments

• Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter? Nick

Who was your least favorite character(s) this chapter? Don

Was there any part of this chapter that particularly stood out? Santiago :P

What was your overall opinion on this chapter? Awesome

Was there anything you didn’t really like this chapter? No

What would you like to see more of in future chapters? Death

Partition posted: »

Chapter 3: Part 13 March 7th, 2017. 10:14 P.M. [Push Ashton and Braxton outside into the walkers] I had to do it. We couldn’t surre

• edited April 2015

[Push Ashton and Braxton outside into the walkers]

I don't like doing this one bit, but as others have pointed out; Ashton could seriously hurt or even kill most of the group. I'm sure doing this will cause fallout within the group, but it's all that can be done, honestly.

Edit: I was too late XD

Chapter 3: Part 12 March 5th, 2017. 10:07 P.M. [Try to hide] I quickly ran into the nearby closet, and Adam scurried under the bed.

• Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter?

Oh so many... almost everyone from the group had a great moment in this chapter. I think there are three who stood out for me. Dom was badass as always and had a few very cool moments. I just like that guy and also liked him calling Mac out on his actions. While his temper is a problem, I admire his loyalty to the group. Franklin is another great character, as well as my favourite new character in this chapter. The group owes him a lot. I'm glad that trusting him was the right decision. Finally, Katrina had a lot of great stuff to do in this chapter, especially that scene where she fought Dexter like a badass. I also liked the scene with her, Nick and Tony in the infirmary.

Who was your least favorite character(s) this chapter?

Jessie by far. Even Steve starts to become useful and seems to be on a good way to become less of a douchebag, but Jessie is the guy who openly antagonized the group until the very end, suggested to torture them after Dexter's death and had zero comeuppance or remorse for that so far. He is probably the only character right now who really has to die in my opinion.

Was there any part of this chapter that particularly stood out?

Dexter's death was probably the scene I liked the most. I was pretty sure Nick wouldn't survive this part, but Tony, Katrina and Alexander stepped in and saved the day, sort of. Even though the death of Alex was very sad, the following death of Dexter was one of my favourite moments, not only in this chapter but in the whole story.

What was your overall opinion on this chapter?

This was definitely my favourite chapter so far! The first two chapters had been great and enjoyable already, but this chapter managed to be even better. I like your writing a lot and this chapter had some of the best moments of the whole story so far. Every part has been a pleasure to read!

Was there anything you didn’t really like this chapter?

If anything, it was the fact that everyone was just sort of okay with Jessie accompanying them. I can understand that they took Dan with them, he seems to have a good side in him and even sort of apologized and explained his actions, but not only did Jessie knew about most of Ashton's atrocities and was okay with it, he also encouraged them and showed zero remorse for that. I mean, I can understand that you want to keep the character around since the story probably won't return to the community, but right now he's only marginally better than Dexter or Ashton for me. But that is only very minor nitpicking of course, I still loved this chapter!

What would you like to see more of in future chapters?

Perhaps some romance (fingers crossed for Kony, the OTP :P). Though all in all I have few specific things I'd like to see more of. Every character had a fair share of screentime in this chapter and many characters got some good development (Tom and Nick in particular) and there were some of the small moments between the group members which I like so much, so all in all I am very satisfied.

Chapter 3: Part 13 March 7th, 2017. 10:14 P.M. [Push Ashton and Braxton outside into the walkers] I had to do it. We couldn’t surre

• Wow, this is a great review! Thank you for this! I will certainly take note of everything you said. :D

Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter? Oh so many... almost everyone from the group had a great moment in this chapter. I think

Katrina and Eric were amazing and I liked Santiago

Ashton and Dexter. Its good that they are dead. I dont like Steve, Jesse and Mac

Dexters death and the chapter finale with Ashtons death were awesome!

It was awesome, my favorite chapter so far!

Was there anything you didn’t really like this chapter?

Not really, it was my favorite chapter!

Like LiqidChicagoTed said a bit of romance can be a nice thing but everything was awesome in this chapter!

All of them were great even the villains.

Dan and Jessie

I loved that they finally escaped the place. I also liked Tony pushing Ashton into the walkers, that will make for some interesting dialogue between the characters I presume? ;D

Was there anything you didn't really like this chapter?
    That they took Jessie with them after what he said and did to them. I felt like at least a few of them should have argued whether or not to let Jessie go with them.

Romance, fights among the group, and the group trying to find a permanent home.

So far this has been a great story! Although a little slow at parts it still kept my attention and held it until the end of the part. Your writing is improving immensely and it can only get better. Remember to not stress about getting another part up as soon the previous one is posted. Take your time and really think about how you want the story to go. Episode 2 of my story is taking a really long time just to write the first chapter, but I'm always working on it and thinking of what I want the episode to be about and when you take the time to do that is when your story starts to become better and better!

• Heh, thanks! I've been learning to stress a lot less lately, but since school is finally wrapping up in less than two months, I can finally put more attention on this story. Thanks for the kind support along the way! I'm also really looking forward to Episode 2 on your story! ;)

Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter? All of them were great even the villains. Who was your least favorite character(s) this

• edited April 2015

Alright guys, this is also the first time where I will allow you guys to ask about alternate choices! Just reply to this comment asking what would have happened if (insert choice here) was chosen instead. I will be accepting choices from all three chapters. Go all out! I will answer all of them!

• What would have happened if Tony would have surrendered to Ashton in the chapter finale? And what would have happened if he would have chased after Mac in the forest instead of dragging Braxton back to the community?

Alright guys, this is also the first time where I will allow you guys to ask about alternate choices! Just reply to this comment asking what

• If Tony would have surrendered to Ashton, Braxton would still be alive, and the group would spend another chapter at the community, but a LOT worse than the previous chapters. They will be put to ruthless amounts of work and a lot of other characters would die, depending on other choices.

If Tony chased after Mac, he would have found Mac and successfully get back to the community, but Braxton would be missing. When they get back, Mac is too cowardly to jump down and save everyone being tortured, and Tony would have had to choose who to kill from his own group. After that, the group is released and the rest of the chapter would have played out like normal, but in the finale, while escaping, Tony discovers Braxton who is dead, in Ashton's office, implying that he refused to spy on the group, and was killed. Ashton catches Tony, and threatens to send out officials to chase them down if he leaves, or Tony can surrender, and the same consequences would occur as in the previous choice above.

What would have happened if Tony would have surrendered to Ashton in the chapter finale? And what would have happened if he would have chased after Mac in the forest instead of dragging Braxton back to the community?

• edited April 2015

What would've happened if the group didn't trust Franklin, put the blame of destroying the walls on his group, and not killing Dexter.

Alright guys, this is also the first time where I will allow you guys to ask about alternate choices! Just reply to this comment asking what

• I think the Santiago NEED more Developement

supersagig posted: »

Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter? Nick Who was your least favorite character(s) this chapter? Don Was there any part of

• If the group didn't trust Franklin, Franklin would have tried to get their trust, but Tony would back off, and Franklin would not interfere with the storyline until Chapter 4. Basically, the whole escape plan thing wouldn't have happened, and life at the community would have resumed as normal.

If Tony would have put the blame on someone from his group, they would have been captured by Ashton and then asked if ______ should be kept with Ashton or not, like the Chapter 2: Part 11 choice. Then, the story would have played like normal, after that choice.

If Dexter wasn't killed right then and there, he would have been unable to move and get Ashton or any other official for help, and would have still died outside, but more slowly and painfully.

bloop posted: »

What would've happened if the group didn't trust Franklin, put the blame of destroying the walls on his group, and not killing Dexter.

• [Push Ashton and Braxton outside into the walkers]

Chapter 3: Part 12 March 5th, 2017. 10:07 P.M. [Try to hide] I quickly ran into the nearby closet, and Adam scurried under the bed.

Tony is really becoming an interesting protagonist, as he starts to deal with the dangers that come from the living rather than the dead. I felt Ashton's character was handled really well and served his purpose of group antagonist. All the characters have well established personalities and it's certainly going to be interesting to see who clashes with who in the future.

Jessie and Steve. Unless I see any redeeming qualities behind this character, I see Steve as the typical asshole and i'm stumped as to why Jessie is just allowed to join the group by Franklin.

Has to be Dexter and Alex's death (R.I.P). Did really well there :)

A nice way to tie up the community storyline. I'm kind of glad our choices got us out of the community in this way as another chapter may have been a bit too repetitive. It has shown just how sheltered a lot of the group seem to be and it's gonna be interesting to see what happens to these characters on the outside.

Was there anything you didn't really like this chapter?

Barring the Dexter confrontation, Tony hasn't been placed in extreme mortal danger. Considering he was with two psychopathic leaders which had a visible hatred for him and his group, he escaped quite a lot of their wrath. Also, there has to be a lot of fallout from Max's spying and Tony indirectly killing Braxton. This may happen next chapter though, so i'll give this a pass.

Show how much the community has affected each character individually and how they struggle to adapt to life on the outside. The Santiago family should be interesting going forward and how the rest of the officials that have come along develop. Maybe shed some light on how they came into the community and gained Ashton's trust and what struggles they went through. Oh and some romance, why not? Gotta be happy sometimes! :)

Good stuff @Partition, keep at it ;)

1. Still, like everyone else has a bias for their character, and so do I. Still Dom is number 1, but I also liked Nick.
    2. Steve. He's the typical asshole.
    3. Dexter's death, and the ending.
    4. Best chapter so far.
    5. Not really.
    6. The aftermath of Ashton and Dexter's actions, romance, and that's it.

• Hey guys, I apologize for the delay. A kid from my school got hit by a car the other day, and passed away yesterday. I didn't know him TOO well, but he was in a few of my class and he was pretty nice to me. It was an overall sad experience for everyone, the candle lighting was today. It's been affecting me lately, just the thought of someone passing away like that, and the fact that I knew him personally. But don't worry, expect a new part either tonight or tomorrow! Thank you for your patience once again. :)

• I'm sorry for your loss. I hope his parents are okay and may he rest in peace.

Hey guys, I apologize for the delay. A kid from my school got hit by a car the other day, and passed away yesterday. I didn't know him TOO w

• Dude, take your time. That has to be hard. One of my friends got hit by a car once, but she lived. I'm really sorry to hear that.

Hey guys, I apologize for the delay. A kid from my school got hit by a car the other day, and passed away yesterday. I didn't know him TOO w

• Thanks for the support guys!

• Its okay , in fact we should say sorry if we ever pushed you to do more things. Sorry for your lost

• edited May 2015

Chapter 4: Part 1

March 8th, 2017. 10:13 A.M.

“Are you stupid? We’ll never survive in the city!” Steve yelled in Adam’s face.

“How do you know? If anything, there’ll be lots of supplies there, and lots of shelter!” Adam retorted.

“Yeah, and why are there more supplies and shelter? Because it was highly populated. It will be a disaster! And walkers everywhere!” Dom joined in.

“I doubt there will still be chompers there.” Lucia interrupted. “It’s been over four months since the outbreak started.”

Franklin sat in the drivers seat, covering his ears, and constantly shaking his head. It was really loud in here, arguing over where we should go.

“Guys, shut up!” Dylan shouted from the passenger seat. “We will settle this later! Can we just recollect ourselves from what just happened in the past twelve hours?”

“Who put you in charge?” Jessie shot back at him.

“Who let you come with us? Because last time I checked, no one liked you.” Dom snapped.

“Well, you guys didn’t do a good job stopping me from coming with ya’ll, so now you’re all stuck with me!” Jessie laughed.

Dom looked as if he was about to charge at Jessie, but Ashley stopped him. “Calm down, Dom. It’s not worth it.”

“No need to get mad…” Franklin spoke on the situation, still clearly pissed off. “We shouldn’t let anyone just die without giving them a chance.”

“Excuse me?” Katrina retorted. “You know this is the guy who told Ashton to TORTURE us?”

“...He did?” Franklin seemed shocked.

“Yeah, he did!” Katrina said in a loud voice.

“Well, you guys did deserve it!” Jessie sat back down.

“What the fuck did we do?” Eric became enraged.

“You said a bad word!” Gaston pointed at Eric.

Eric glared at Gaston, still angry. “Sorry.” He didn’t seem like he really meant it though. “Haven’t you heard a lot of those by now?”

“Hey.” Marino became defensive of his son. “Don’t get snappy on my son. He didn’t do anything.”

Eric shook his head. “If you’re gonna be a di-, I mean, ‘jerk,’ then why don’t you just leave?”

“Because I’ll DIE? Hello, stupid?” Jessie said, still angry but actually managed to keep a calm voice.

Eric ignored Jessie and sat back down. “Whatever.”

The room stayed silent for about 15 seconds, until the silence was interrupted by Dom. “Hold on, I have some unfinished business to take care of.” He stood up and approached Mac.

“Dom, no! Don’t get mad!” Ashley tried to stop Dom but failed.

Mac tried to back away into the corner as much as possible, until he literally couldn’t move back any farther. He tried to avoid making eye contact with Dom, and started to shake, and his face was filled with fear.

“You have a lot of explaining to do.” Dom demanded.

“I… I….. it…. uh….” Mac stuttered, still shaking.

No one seemed to have the need to stop Dom. Pretty much everyone including me was not happy with Mac’s actions.

“Well? Talk to me!” Dom got close to Mac’s face.

“He-he told me to! Or he wou-would have ki-killed me! I didn’t wa-want to do i-it!” Mac seemed like he was going to explode from how much he was shaking.

“You got someone from our group killed! Wait, you got TWO people from our group killed!” Dom yelled in his face.

“I’m so-sorry! I didn’t want an-any of this to hap-happen! Pl-please!” Mac begged.

Dom stared at Mac, filled with anger. Dom shook his head and sat back down with Ashley.

Mac let out a huge sigh and buried his face in his hands. Dan just shook his head at the whole situation.

“Hey… you guys want to play a game?” Samantha suggested, trying to lighten up the mood.

“A game…?” Steve raised an eyebrow.

"We don't have time for that." Jessie shot down the idea.

“I want to play a game!” Gaston cheered.

“I’m down.” Santiago said as well.

“I guess. Anything that’ll kill the time.” Nick shrugged.

"Ugh!" Jessie moaned, but as ignored by everybody.

“What game though?” Tom asked.

“Uh… well, we can play the animal game.” Samantha brought up.

“Uh… okay then.” Deryck shrugged.

“What is that?” Gaston asked.

“It’s when someone names an animal, and someone else has to name an animal that starts with the last letter of the animal previously named. Got it?” Samantha explained.

“Yeah!” Gaston seemed excited.

“Does this game ever end?” Adam asked.

“No… but we can make it end. How about we go counterclockwise, and if you can’t name an animal in twenty seconds, you’re out. And if you get out, the next person has to name the second to last letter, and then it resumes normally after that. And no repeating animals.” Samantha suggested.

“I guess.” Ashley affirmed.

“Alright, everyone who wants to play just make a circle. If you don’t want to play, just sit out.” Samantha ordered.

After everyone settled in, the end result was Samantha, Adam, Nick, Ashley, Eric, Gaston, Tom, Ryan, Katrina, Deryck, me, and Santiago, in that order.

I was actually shocked how many people was up to play this game. I mean, it was very kiddish… but goes to show how we’ll do anything for entertainment in this world, even the adults.

“I guess I’ll start… uh, squirrel?” Samantha said.

“Lion!” Adam quickly responded.

“Um… I don’t know.” Nick chuckled, as he couldn’t think of an animal.

“Alright Nick, you’re out!” Gaston laughed. It was nice to see he was enjoying this. Marino smiled as well. Nick moved out of the circle.

Come to think of it, I couldn’t really think of an animal that start with “N” either. That was pretty tough.

“Ashley?” Adam asked.

“Uh… oh! Narwhal!” Ashley snapped her fingers. “I can thank the internet for that one.”

Everyone laughed.

“Hmmm, another “L”...” Eric put his fingers on his chin. “Got on, leopard.”

“Uhh… uh!!” Gaston jumped.

“Think of an animal that starts with the letter “D”, Gaston!” Marino cheered on his son.

“Oh! Dog!” Gaston exclaimed.

“Good job!” Samantha clapped. “Ryan, your turn.”

“Alright, let’s see…” Ryan pondered his thoughts. “Gorilla.”

“Come on, I get “A?” Katrina facepalmed. “Um… armadillo!”

“Wow, that was fast.” I noted.

“Yeah, I’m shocked I got it that fast.” Katrina chuckled.

“Come on, “O?” Deryck angrily, yet playfully said. “Actually, that isn’t hard. Ostrich.”

Alright, now it was my turn to think of an animal that started with the letter “H.” I was actually able to think of a few right off the bat. Hippo, hen, hamster, horse… but I actually wanted to think of strategy. Which letter would be the hardest for the next person to name? I got it, another “N.”

“Hen.” I said, with a playful evil smirk on my face.

“Oh come on!” Santiago laughed, as long as lots of other people in the back of the truck. “Uh… err.. yeah, I got nothing.” Santiago removed himself from the circle, smiling.

“Alright, “E”...” Samantha thought. “Eagle.”

“Another “E,” great.” Adam stated. “Um… damn… I can’t think of anything! This shouldn’t be that hard…”

“Alright Adam, time’s up.” Nick kept track of the time.

“Dang it.” Adam sat against the wall of the truck.

“Ashley, ‘L.’” Samantha reminded her.

“Um…” Ashley started at the ceiling while thinking.

“Come on Ash, this is easy!” Dom messed with Ashley.

“Shut up!” Ashley laughed. “Um… llama!”

“Good girl.” Dom clapped.

“Ah, damn...” Eric chuckled. “I got nothin’.” Eric stood up and walked out.

“Alright Gaston, animal that starts with ‘M’,” Santiago encouraged his brother.

“Um…. I got it! Moose!” Gaston exclaimed.

“Nice, Gaston!” Lucia cheered him on.

“‘E’ again... crap.” Tom smiled. “Um.... yeah, I’m out.” Tom removed himself from the circle as well, most of us laughing.

“You suck Tom!” Dom taunted Tom.

“Shut up Dom!” Tom sat next to his brother.

“Alright, I gotta think of ‘S’...” Ryan trailed off. “Snake.”

“Enough with the ‘E’s!” Katrina threw her arms up in the air, laughing. “Wait, elephant! How did no one get that?”

“Finally, someone got it! Nice on, Kat.” Nick congratulated his sister.

“Easy, tiger.” Deryck answered quickly.

‘R,’ another easy letter. Again, I was trying to strategize. Hmm, there was rabbit, raccoon, rhino… hmm, ‘O’ would be pretty hard to guess. “Rhino.”

“Darn it…” Samantha sighed and laughed. “Um…” 20 seconds passed by.

“You’re out, Samantha.” Nick informed her.

“Ugh!” Samantha exited the circle, but all smiles.

Now it was only Ashley, Gaston, Ryan, Katrina, Deryck, and I left.

“Come on Ash, this is an easy letter.’N’ isn’t hard.” Dom told her.

“Stop pressuring me!” Ashley laughed. “Um…”

“You’re out Ashley.” Nick chuckled.

“Ugh!” Ashley left the circle.

“Looks like the narwhal guess was just luck.” Dom laughed. Ashley gave Dom a playful shove in return.

“Now I guess we go to the third last letter, ‘I’” Samantha announced.

“Um…” Gaston thought. “I know one! Iguana! I know that from our class pet!” Gaston smiled. His family cheered him on.

“Dang it… ‘A’...” Katrina thought. “Hold on, alligator!” Katrina clapped her hands.

“Don’t get too excited.” Eric teased.

“Rabbit.” Ryan answered quickly. “Another easy one.”

“Great… I can’t think of ‘T’...” Deryck shook his head and laughed. “You gotta be kidding me.”

“Time’s up, Deryck.” Nick informed him.

“That’s bull.” Deryck said half serious and half playfully, and got up from the circle.

Eh, another ‘I’... I was actually having a hard time thinking of this. There were only four of us left, so I didn’t really need to strategize. “Does insect count?” I asked nervously.

“I guess, sure.” Nick shrugged.

“Alright, insect.” I replied confidently.

“Turtle!” Gaston was fast to reply. “Come on, that was easy!”

“Alright, I give up.” Katrina got up and left the circle. “Stupid ‘E’s!”

“‘L,’...” Ryan took some time to think.

“Time’s up.” Nick told him.

“Wait, I got one! Lemur!” Ryan said quickly.

“Too late.” Nick chuckled.

“Come on!” Ryan playfully refused to accept defeat.

“Out of the line, Ryan.” Nick demanded, still chuckling.

“Fine.” Ryan laughed as he got out of line. That made it only me and Gaston.

Alright, I had to think of ‘T’ again… I thought of one, toad. I could have easily said it and continued the game, but I saw the look in Gaston’s eyes. He really wanted to win, and was practically jumping with excitement. This whole game was pretty corny, but it was fun nonetheless. I’m fine with any fun we can get.

“Go, Tony! Can’t think of any?” Gaston told me, still very excited.

Yeah, Gaston clearly wanted me to lose. He was such a cute kid. I guess I don’t mind doing him a favor here.

[Continue the game and try to win] [Let Gaston win]

• edited May 2015

[Let Gaston win]

Anyone who doesn't let him win is a jerk.

Chapter 4: Part 1 March 8th, 2017. 10:13 A.M. “Are you stupid? We’ll never survive in the city!” Steve yelled in Adam’s face. “How

• [Let Gaston win]

That chapter was quite a contrast to what's been happening recently... But I really liked it.

Chapter 4: Part 1 March 8th, 2017. 10:13 A.M. “Are you stupid? We’ll never survive in the city!” Steve yelled in Adam’s face. “How

• [Let Gaston win]

• [Let Gaston win]

Great chapter! I liked the game a lot, that was fun. I also liked that Dom and Kat finally called that scumbag Jessie out on his actions, albeit his reaction towards them marked the point where I stopped simply disliking that guy and started hating him. In particular there was this line where he took it too far:

“Well, you guys did deserve it!” Jessie sat back down.

I am by no means a violent person, but I would have probably killed him with my bare hands for that. He just tagged along with the group despite nobody wanting him and he should be thankful that for some reason they don't smash his teeth out when he says stuff like that. And instead of showing even the tiniest bit of remorse, he continues antagonizing them. This sadistic swine will probably endanger them with his behaviour sooner or later and Franklin is a huge idiot for not leaving him at the community or even better shooting him on spot. After all, Mac gets it worse than Jessie, despite him having been forced into helping Ashton, while Jessie did it out of his free will. Mac regrets his actions, while Jessie continues to be a worthless son of a bitch. And Braxton's death is his fault as well, since he gave Ashton the torture idea that lead to Braxton sacrificing himself. Hopefully someone gives him what he deserves soon.

• [Continue the game and try to win]

Tony : Toad

Gaston: Does Dinasour conts?

Nick: Yes

Tony: Dammit

Awesome Chapter!

BTW I LOVED THIS ONE

• [Let Gaston win]

• [Let Gaston win]

Jessie's a real asshole! This may seem like a copy of LiquidChicagoTed but that guy's such a scumbag!

• edited May 2015

Chapter 4: Part 2

March 8th, 2017. 10:25 A.M.

[Let Gaston win]

“Uh… um…” I pretended to try and think of an animal.

“Time’s up Tony, you win Gaston!” Nick clapped.

“Good job Gaston!” Everyone applauded.

“Yay! I won!” Gaston cheered with glee.

“Thank God that’s over, not like you won anything special anyway.” Jessie told directly to Gaston.

“That’s it!” Marino snapped, as he went to punch Jessie in the face. However, Jessie dodged Marino’s attack, and Marino’s right fist slammed against the metal truck wall. “AHHH!”

Steve lunged towards Jessie, and managed to get him in a good grip. “That’s it, I’m restraining this asshole. Excuse my french.”

“Thank you… ahhh!!” Marino clenched his fist. “Shit, I think it’s broken or something… sorry for the bad words, kids…”

“It’s fine dad, are you okay?” Santiago asked.

“I’m fine… I don’t know if my hand is though…” Marino replied bluntly.

Dylan got out of the passenger seat and examined Marino’s hand. “Um… I’m not a doctor, but I don’t think that’s normal…”

Marino then revealed his hand to everyone, and it was beat red, and some of his knuckle bones were pushed into his hand, and his fingers were a little crooked.

“Ya think?” Marino told Dylan.

“Can we please leave this asshole behind?” Steve called out to Franklin. “Or can I beat him to death?”

“Calm down, there’s no need for that…” Franklin calmly responded.

Dom spoke up. “There’s no need for that? Listen Franklin, thanks for the help and all, but you’re being really stupid right now! He’s gonna put us all in danger!”

“We can’t just throw him out…” Franklin replied, uncertainly.

“Fine, then I’ll kill him!” Dom threatened.

Jessie stared at Dom. “Don’t kill me…”

“Why shouldn’t I?” Dom yelled in his face. “Give me one good fucking reason why I shouldn’t kill you!””

“You don’t know how useful I actually am. You’ll all die without me.” Jessie was quick to respond. "And if you even try to kill me, heh, you'll see."

“Bullshit.” Dom crossed his arms. “There’s over fifteen of us in here, what makes you think one person is gonna make a difference for our survival? And why do you want to help us? Don’t you want us killed?”

“Not necessarily.” Jessie stated, keeping his cool. “Torture is different than death, you know. And hey, maybe you guys can redeem yourselves? I’ll give ya’ll another shot.”

Dom turned to Franklin. “Can I kill him?”

“Go ahead. Try to kill me.” Jessie glared at Dom.

Dom charged at Jessie, but Jessie managed to kick Dom to the ground. Wow, he was pretty strong. “You’re lucky I’m restrained.”

“You’re lucky I’m not squeezing you to death right now.” Steve joined in.

“Can you?” Jessie taunted Steve.

“Yeah, I can.” Steve attempted to squeeze Jessie, but Jessie’s strength also overpowered Steve. Thank God Jessie wasn’t strong enough to get free of Steve’s grip.

All of a sudden, the truck came to an abrupt stop. “Gas station right here. Let’s see what we can find.” Franklin called back to us.

“I need some bandages or something…” Marino said.

“Hopefully there’s stuff here.” Dylan said as he got out, and brought back the seat so we can all get of of the truck.

All of us exited the truck, Steve still restraining Jessie.

“Wait.” Dom stopped everyone. “Don’t bring him.”

“Why not?” Dan asked.

“He’s gonna kill us or something.” Dom stated.

“We can’t just leave him in the truck alone.” I pointed out.

“Don’t worry, I’ll stay with him.” Steve assured.

Steve began to walk towards the truck with Jessie, who wasn’t even trying to escape, while the rest of the group was heading towards the gas station. “Hold up, Steve.” I called out to him.

Steve stopped walking. “What is it?”

I ran up to him. “Uh… thanks for keeping him out of our business and offering to keep watch of him. I know he’s gonna be a pain. Didn’t think you’d be the guy.

“Ah, shut up.” Jessie moaned.

“Quiet.” Steve shoved Jessie’s head forward. “And no problem. I hate him just as much as all of you guys do.”

“I can tell.” I nodded.

“Yeah., don’t worry, “I’ll be keeping an eye on him probably all the time.” Steve told me. “I’m not a complete dick, you know. It’s just that… you can’t trust much people out here anymore. And considering what I’ve already been through… it’s changed me, not gonna lie.”

“It’s alright man, this world has changed lots of people.” I said.

“Yeah, it has…” Steve looked at Jessie. “Anyway, just don’t be surprised if I get angry easily, I probably don’t really mean it… unless it’s someone like this.” Steve shoved Jessie’s head forward again.

“Do that one more fucking time.” Jessie growled.

Steve ignored him. “I’m gonna head to the truck…” He walked back into the truck. I guess Steve wasn’t so bad after all.

I was about to enter the gas station, until my group came piling out the front door. “Nothing?” I asked.

“Nope.” Franklin responded. “Picked clean.”

“Damn.” I muttered.

“Well, since the main road is up ahead, we have to decided where we’re going.” Franklin announced. “Luckily, there was actually a state map in the gas station. I’ll pass it around and you can discuss.”

“I already said we should go to the city.” Adam pointed out.

“I don’t like the city.” Dom said.

“Me neither.” Tom sided with his brother.

“Don’t you agree, Ash?” Dom asked his girlfriend.

“Uh…” Ashley trailed off.

“Ash?” Dom asked again.

“I don’t see what’s so wrong with the city honestly.” Ashley stated.

“Really?” Dom seemed shocked.

“Yeah, I mean… there has to be lots of supplies and stuff we can survive with there…” Ashley speculated.

“I think we should go to a rural area.” Samantha suggested, pointing to an area called ‘Anderson’s Creek’ on the map. “Think about it, plain, calm, farmland. Easy to spot chompers, maybe even find a barn to stay in. And it’s not too far, either.”

“That doesn’t sound bad.” Nick sided with Samantha.

“That actually doesn’t.” Marino sided with Samantha as well. “What do you guys think?” He turned to his family.

“I like it.” Lucia nodded.

“Me too!” Santiago smiled.

“Me three!” Gaston jumped.

“Hold your horses guys.” Katrina stopped everyone. “You know how secluded we’ll be from the town and stuff? How hard it will be to constantly get supplies?”

“True…” Ryan scratched his head. “How about Saylorsburg? It’s a suburban area, a pretty nice neighborhood with big houses, I used to live near there. It’s probably still the same. It isn’t too far either.”

“Suburbs don’t sound bad.” Deryck said. “I think it’s perfect, actually.”

“I don’t really like the suburbs.” Eric spoke up. “I never have since all this started, I wasn’t really feeling it when we went to that mansion, remember that Tony, Nick? You too Katrina?”

“Yeah, I remember.” Katrina affirmed. “I didn’t think it was that bad.”

“Me neither.” I said.

“I actually like the city.” Dan crossed his arms.

“I like the suburbs.” Deryck said as he handed Franklin the map.

“I’m fine with wherever we go.” Dylan told Franklin.

“Me too…” Mac said in a soft tone.

“Alright guys, since I guess I’m the head guy of this group, I’m going to make the final decision. And that decision will be influenced by you guys. We have four locations we can go to. We’re right in between Philadelphia and Harrisburg, and we can head north to Saylorsburg and east to Anderson’s Creek.” Franklin announced.

Franklin continued to speak. “According to this map and you guys, Saylorsburg is a basic suburban area, while Anderson’s Creek is a rural, farmland area. Philadelphia is obviously a pretty big city, and I know Harrisburg is a fairly smaller city. I’m going to name all the locations, and raise your hand if you think we should go there.”

Honestly, I didn’t really know where we should go. I was thinking about it, but Franklin started calling out locations.

“Philadelphia.”

Adam, Ashley, and Dan raised their hands.

“Harrisburg.”

Dom, Tom, and Eric raised their hands.

“Saylorsburg.”

Ryan, Deryck, and Katrina raised their hands.

“Anderson’s Creek.”

Samantha, Nick, and Marino raised their hands.

“Of course, three people for every location.” Franklin shook his head, and smiled at the same time. “Tony, I didn’t see you raise your hand. Where do you want to go?”

I didn’t really mind, but I think it was a better idea to think this through. Philadelphia was big, probably lots of shelter and supplies, but think of the population. There might be tons of walkers there. Harrisburg was a small city, it might have just what we need and not too many walkers, but again, since it’s smaller, it might not be all that. Saylorsburg was just basic suburbs, nothing wrong with that really, but there can be much more opportunity with the other locations. And Anderson’s Creek seemed like a really safe place, but a bit secluded from the rest. Where should we go?

[Go to Philadelphia] [Go to Harrisburg] [Go to Saylorsburg] [Go to Anderson’s Creek]

• [Go to Saylorsburg] reasons.

Great chapter!

Chapter 4: Part 2 March 8th, 2017. 10:25 A.M. [Let Gaston win] “Uh… um…” I pretended to try and think of an animal. “Time’s up T

• [Go to Saylorsburg]

Chapter 4: Part 2 March 8th, 2017. 10:25 A.M. [Let Gaston win] “Uh… um…” I pretended to try and think of an animal. “Time’s up T

• [Go to Saylorsburg]

It's not too big and there are still opportunities for supplies

• Surprisingly, I start to like Steve. This was a good part for him and I guess he is not all that bad. Jessie on the other hand continues to drive down the road to irredeemability... did he seriously say that the group could reedeem themselves and that he gives them another shot? Hell, they should give him a shot right between the eyes, what a fucking scumbag! Though I'm curious about his self-proclaimed usefulness. What exactly are his skills, except having an ego even bigger than his mom? Perhaps he could be a human shield against walkers or stuff like that, I'm sure that would be a good job for him. Or he could be a punching bag everytime Dom needs to cool down.

[Go to Anderson’s Creek]

I'm with Nick, Samantha and the Santiago's here. This sounds the safest, albeit I am pretty torn between this and Saylorsburg.

• ANDERSON CREEK PLS VOTE FOR THIS

AWESOME PART

• [Go to Saylorsburg]

• Chapter 4: Part 3

March 8th, 2017. 10:32 A.M.

[Go to Saylorsburg]

“I think we should go to Saylorsburg.” I said to Franklin.

“Alright, it’s decided then. We’re going to Saylorsburg?” Franklin made sure.

Most people were fine with it, it wasn’t too big of a decision, it’s not like someone’s life was on the line.

“Alright, everyone back to the truck. It shouldn’t take us long to get there.” Franklin commanded.

Everyone made their way back to the truck, where Steve was still sitting in the back, with Jessie restrained. “What’s going on?” Steve asked.

“We’re going to Saylorsburg. It’s a suburban area not too far from here.” I informed him.

“Alright.” Steve seemed fine with it. “How long is this gonna take?”

“Couple of hours.” Dylan answered his question.

“Great.” Steve moaned. “I gotta spend a couple of hours having to keep this asshole restrained.”

“If you don’t want to restrain me, then don’t, dumbass.” Jessie scowled at Steve.

Steve spit in Jessie’s face, and Jessie attempted to break free, but failed.

“Well, not much we can do while we drive. Just hang on tight while we wait.” Franklin called out to us, and then started driving.

No one spoke for 5 minutes, and it was pretty awkward and boring, and it managed to get me tired again, despite waking up only about an hour ago. I somehow found a way to fall asleep.

March 8th, 2017. 2:38 P.M.

HONK! Franklin’s air horn woke me up. “We’re here, everyone!”

Everyone began to scurry out of the truck, while I slowly got up from my sleep. What time was it? I had no way to tell time now.

I stumbled out of the truck, and was treated to an overwhelming sight. Saylorsburg was beautiful! The grass was extremely green, trees and flowers were already blooming, the backdrop of the clouds in the bright blue sky, with the sun shining bright, this place was fascinating. Not to mention, the houses were beautiful as well! They looked brand new, and they were really big! I would have never believed that an apocalypse was going on if I lived here.

“This place is amazing!” Dylan shouted in shock, as well as everyone else.

“I’m glad as hell we went here!” Dom exclaimed.

“Hell yeah!” Tom high-fived his brother.

Franklin scanned the area, there were over twenty huge houses. “Damn, where do we even go?” He smiled.

“I don’t know, man!” Dylan cheered.

“We can literally live in our own houses!” Adam pointed out.

“We can.” Franklin said. “But we should all just stay together. I’m sure one or two of those houses can hold all of us.”

“I call shotgun!” Eric started sprinting to the first house.

“I got this one!” Adam started to sprint to the house across it.

“Alright guys, explore the houses, but meet up by the truck when you’re done so we can all decide which house to stay in!” Franklin shouted.

Everyone started to scramble around the neighborhood. The neighborhood itself wasn’t too big, but it was still amazing. I’m so glad I chose to come here. I decided to chase after Eric and explore with him. I managed to get to him before he entered the first house. I stopped him on the porch.

“Wait up, man! I wanna check out the house together.” I told him.

“Anyone else coming?” Eric asked me.

“Don’t think so.” I responded.

“Alright, let’s go!” Eric reached out his arm to open the door, but then pulled it back.

“What’s the matter?” I asked.

“I just thought… this place just seems a bit fishy… it seems too nice for it to be five months into a walker apocalypse. What if there’s people living here?” Eric speculated.

You know, he actually had a point. This place was way too beautiful and kept clean for it to not be inhabited by someone.

“You’re right…” I muttered.

“I know I am.” Eric crossed his arms. “What if we go in here and there’s a guy waiting to shoot us in the head?” He looked to the ground.

“I doubt that.” I told to him. Eric was still looking at the ground. “Hello, Eric?”

“Look.” Eric pointed to the ground. There was dry blood on the porch, as well as the stairs.

“Hold on…” I stepped on the driveway, no cars of course, and examined the dark concrete. More dry blood. “More blood here.”

Eric looked at me, and his face seemed to be filled with determination. “Fuck it.” He opened the doors. “Oh shit!”

“What is it?” I ran up to him, who hasn’t even stepped inside yet. A dead walker had toppled on top of Eric’s feet as he opened the door.

“Fucker came out of no where, scared the shit outta me.” Eric kicked off the dead walker. “Look at this place!”

I looked around, the place was very nicely furnished. But there was more blood! Even more than outside! Blood stains on the ground, walls, even on the furniture.

“Get out, Tony. I got this.” Eric ordered.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Get off the porch. Just give me a second.” Eric placed his hand on my chest.

“Uhh…” I trailed off.

“Get outta here!” Eric demanded.

I had no idea what Eric was about to do, but I stepped down from the porch and stood in the driveway.

“Hello?!” Eric shouted, while holding his pistol out.

I inched closer to the porch to see what was going on, as Eric progressed further into the house. “Helllooooo?!?!? I’m friendly!” He shouted once more.

Not a sound could be heard.

“Come in, Tony.” Eric finally let me in.

Eric and I stood in the foyer, while examining the house. “I don’t think anyone is here.” I said.

“Me neither.” Eric sided with me. “But someone was here. I know it.”

“Maybe.” I said. “Let’s just check out the area. I’ll get downstairs, you get upstairs.”

Eric went upstairs, and I decided to go straight first. It led me to the kitchen, where there was a table to eat on, and an island table to cook on and such. There was the fridge, and then the stove and oven. There was another hallway to the left of the kitchen, and another set of rooms to the right. I decided to go down the hallway first, and as I progressed down, there was the dining room to my left, the laundry room and the bathroom to my right, and at the end of the hallway, there was an office. Seemed pretty good. I went back into the kitchen, and decided to check the other set of rooms. First I reached the family room, which was connected to the living room behind it, with a noticeable big, fancy piano. At the end of both rooms, there was the great room, a very nice room in fact. There was a classic old school table to play cards on, a nice couch with a flat screen TV, and a bar table with lots of drinks on the shelf behind it, and a smaller TV to watch on while people drank.

I went back to the kitchen, where the backyard door was. I went into the backyard, and wow, this was definitely the best part of this house, as if it wasn’t amazing enough. There was a huge deck, with another table to eat on and a built in stove and sink to cook on. There was also a built in grill along with it. I stepped off the deck, and there was a really nice pool surrounded by a cage. There were chairs to bathe in the sun and the pool was big. It wasn’t clean, though. It was actually pretty dirty, probably the only thing that didn’t look to night. There was also a hot tub above the pool, and it led into the pool via a waterfall. Outside of the pool area, there was a trampoline and a swing set, again, clean. There was also a small zip line in between two trees. And the field was huge, you can easily play a game of football, soccer, or baseball. Damn.

As I went back inside, I actually noticed that it wasn’t bloody in here. Only in the foyer. Hmm, odd.

I met up Eric in the foyer again. “This place is really nice, man.” I told him.

“The downstairs is good?” Eric asked.

“Yep.” I nodded. “How about the upstairs?”

“Pretty basic, actually. Except for the master bedroom, that place is nice as hell. There’s three other bedrooms that can hold about two to three people, and the master bedroom can easily hold no less than five. And the bathroom is really nice too.” Eric explained.

“Alright, nice.” I smiled. That sounded really good. We can probably fit our entire group in here if we also include the couches and such.

“Come on, let’s get everyone.” Eric said as we both left the house.

March 8th, 2017. 4:09 P.M.

Eric and I went with everyone and checked most of the houses in Saylorsburg. A lot of them were locked, and the ones that were unlocked were nice, but I think everyone can agree that the house that Eric and I investigated was the best one. We all made our way to the house.

“Wait.” Dan stopped us. “The fuck is that chomper doing there?”

“You mean walker?” Eric corrected him. “And it was dead when we came in here, it was the only thing though.”

“We always called ‘em chompers. Rolls off the tongue easier.” Dan said.

“Come on, who cares, this hasn’t been a problem at the community.” Nick spoke.

“Yeah, I know, but it’s been annoying. I want to settle on one word.” Dan said to Nick.

“Fine, what do you want to call them?” Nick asked.

“I don’t think anyone else really cares.” Dan pointed out.

“It doesn’t really matter too much.” Franklin spoke for everyone.

“What about you, Kat?” Nick asked.

“Honestly, I don’t care Nick.” Katrina shrugged.

Nick turned to me. “You Tony?”

That was pretty nice. Nick asked me what our group should call the walkers/chompers. I know I’m one of Nick’s best friends here, probably the person he trusts most besides Katrina. But I guess I should take advantage of this, even though it’s a really minor decision.

[Call them walkers] [Call them chompers]

• edited May 2015

[Call them walkers]

We used to them that before, then as soon as we got to Ashton's community, it changed to chompers. Still, walkers fit better.

Chapter 4: Part 3 March 8th, 2017. 10:32 A.M. [Go to Saylorsburg] “I think we should go to Saylorsburg.” I said to Franklin. “Al

• [Call them walkers] Traditionalism.

Great chapter!

Chapter 4: Part 3 March 8th, 2017. 10:32 A.M. [Go to Saylorsburg] “I think we should go to Saylorsburg.” I said to Franklin. “Al

• I have a bad feeling about this neighbourhood. Oh yes, I have a really bad feeling. Something is very wrong there.

[Call them walkers]

This just sounds better.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.