River that's Run Red [Interactive TWD Story,Chatacter Submission Open, Chapter 2]

Comments

• It's a serious question >.>

BlueShadiw posted: »

Pizza or Ice cream

• And that was a serious answer. :P

NoHopeLeft posted: »

It's a serious question >.>

• But what does it mean? .-.

And that was a serious answer. :P

• It means 'Heheheheheheheheh...'

:)

But what does it mean? .-.

• What does 'Heheheheheheheheh' mean though? Does it mean pizza or ice cream? Or both...? :O

...or neither? >:o

It means 'Heheheheheheheheh...'

• Chapter 2: Ac, Timentes Tinebres

James

“Now that that’s over...Let’s get these supplies inside.” I turn to face Miles and Sebastian, who nod and continue doing so. The rest of the camp begins doing what they started before that fiasco, but Shino waves at me to come over. When I got there, she and Sofia were crossing off spots on our map.

“So that’s off limits now too, huh? Damn…” Sofia bites her lip, then stops as she notices me.

Shino clicks her pen in boredom, or what at least looked like it. “That’s the fifth spot this month, if this keeps up we’ll run out of places to search. And with those bandits out there…” She begins to mumble, then stops.

“So, I take it that yet another supply run was met with another horde?” I scratch my head and stare at the map. Five X’s were marked in black ink over the colorful canvas, three of them landing on stores, one on a large house, and the last on the local hospital. “The hospital, too? Goddamn...how are our medical supplies doing?”

Sofia places her hands on the table, in thought. “You’d have to ask either Sebastian or Dana for that one. Usui delegated positions for “Unity and stability as a group!”...Or something like that.”

Shino gave a lighthearted chuckle at the imitation. “For a second there, I thought you were my brother.”

“He did, did he? Who is assigned to what, exactly?” I asked.

“Well, for starters...Miles and I assign the places for supply runs.” Shino informs me, placing down her pen.

“I’m here to stand in for Miles while he sorts those supplies.” Sofia explains. “Oh, and I’m part of the supply runners along with Usui and Santiago.”

I sigh. “Santiago, huh?”

Her smile fades. “Yeah…”

Shino clears her throat after a while, perhaps to clear the air. “Anyway, that leaves Sebastian and Dana in charge of the medicinal supplies. Although neither of them know very much about the craft…”

“Don’t worry, they’ll get better at it.” Sofia chimes in.

“With any luck, they won’t get the opportunity to practice.” I reply. “Wait, where does that leave Sasha?”

“She, uh, offered to defend the camp. Refused every other job, after all.”

“I see.”

“Oh, and of course you’re our leader, so you lead us.” Sofia then stood up. “I should go and help the boys carry all those supplies.” She proceeded to walk out of the door after that statement, and was gone.

“Speaking of leader, I wonder how Miles feels about that day?” Shino rolls up the map and places it in the pouch she tied to her wheelchair.

“Ah, right. That day…” I had nearly forgotten...

Two Months Ago…

“Are you sure you want to do this, man? It’s your decision, I know, but-”

“I thought I had made myself clear, James. It’s fine.”

“Could you at least tell me why?”

“...”

“If he doesn’t feel like taking the spot, I sure can.”

"Hm?"

“Usui?”

“He himself voted for you to be leader, and he refuses to take the next position, so I think Miles has made his point. Honor his wishes.”

“...Alright. I will.”

“...Thank you.”

No votes for this first part, as I am getting accustomed to writing again. However, this guarantees a part tomorrow, so look forward to that! :)

• So, a thing happened...

My dumb friend had the perfect idea to click on an ad and accidentally downloaded a virus onto my laptop. My antivirus needed an update, but everything's fine now. Suffice to say he'll not touch it again in his life.

It took most of the day to remove, so I haven't been able to work on today's part. However, if you all REALLY want one, I can start writing in 20 minutes or so. That's only if you feel like getting up later when it's done, though. :(

• Well, sorry it took so long to get to it. But great part!

Chapter 2: Ac, Timentes Tinebres James “Now that that’s over...Let’s get these supplies inside.” I turn to face Miles and Sebastian, w

• Pshh, you're the readers! You're the ones taking time out of your day to read it.

The only time I'm disappointed is when I miss a part. (Which WILL be up today for sure)

mr.quality posted: »

Well, sorry it took so long to get to it. But great part!

• Alright, so yeah. Stuff happened again. Life simply cannot allow me to make the next part, it seems.

I really hate how I guaranteed a part not 1 day, but 2 and was unable to deliver my promise.

I was called over to my friend's house and since I had nothing else to do here, I brought my laptop with me. When I got there, his wifi went out and I wasn't able to work on the part. I will work the shit out of the next part right now and post it as early as possible. Sorry for that...

• Usui

“So, how long do you think it’ll take them to get back here?” I turn to Santiago, who is sitting on top of the generator.

“Beats me. All we have to do is sit around until they show up, anyway. Can’t be too hard.” He was spinning his small wooden crutch in the air, possibly in the absence of something to do. Our attention was quickly distracted when we saw a trashcan fall over at the end of the hall. We both looked at each other and I motioned for him to stay there. He nodded and I began slowly creeping up on the fallen can. I drew my blade and got up against the wall. I then twisted around, but to no avail. There weren’t any walkers in the area. Then what knocked over the can?

That’s when I heard growling behind me, and I was face to face with a walker. It didn’t take me too long to lob his head off. What I didn’t count on was three of his friends to be on their way. I backed up and got in position, taking swings at the first two. One went down and the other fell where he once stood. I placed my foot on his back and delivered the killing blow. I released my sword from the remains and backed up once more to kill the last walker. It reached out as if to grab me, but as I raised my blade I saw the walker fall to the ground with a hole in its head. I turn and see Santiago standing a foot away, his gun raised.

I sheathe my sword and look around corners to see if we alerted any more walkers. After that, I begin searching the nearest body. As I do so, Santiago starts speaking.

“So, no “Thank you”, huh?” His tone sounded annoyed.

“As I recall, I ordered you stay on the generator.” I pull my hand out of the walker’s pocket, holding a few coins and, surprisingly, a screwdriver. I keep both. Everything’s useful nowadays, anyway.

“So you expected me to stay and watch you possibly die?”

I get up and face him. “Die? To three walkers? Santiago, you know I’ve faced much worse.” I thought back to that time before we met Alec, wherever that son of a bitch is now. “Much worse. And I was ordering you to guard the most important thing we have here, something to power our camp.”

He leaned on his crutch and holstered his gun. “Look, it’s not like I made noise or anything. I have a silencer, remember?”

I sighed. “That doesn’t change the fact that you ignored my orders. What we need to do right now is-”

“HELP! OH GOD, SOMEBODY HELP ME!” I was cut off when we both heard a man screaming. “Stay here. I mean it this time.” Santiago frowned and laid up against the wall. I rushed in the direction of the noise soon after that, and I found myself on the edge of a railing. Looking down, I could see a man frantically looking back and forth at the multiple walkers slowly encircling him. He looked like he was in his mid twenties. He didn’t have a gun or anything on him, yet he was foolish enough to waltz in here unprepared. I had to do something, but what?

1)Cut down the walkers

2)Distract the walkers

3)Leave the man

Shino

After carefully looking over the map once more, I looked up to see James talking to Sofia. Having nothing better to do, I rolled up next to them.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

Sofia was the one to answer. “I was just asking James if we could send out the van or his truck to go pick up Usui and Santiago. We had to leave em there to protect this generator we found.”

“I’m sure no harm can come of it, but you’re not touching my truck.”

I smiled. “Still defensive about that old thing, huh?”

He crossed his arms. “It’s not old. Anyway, I’ll allow it. We need hands here to tend to camp, so I’ll let no more than two people go. Four people is more than enough to secure a generator.” He begins to walk in the direction of Sebastian. “I’ll leave it to you and Miles to decide who, Shino.”

Sofia looked at me sternly. “Don’t worry about picking me, I’m all for this mission.” She then walked away and I see Miles making his way to me.

“Rescue mission, huh?”

“Seems like it.”

“So, who do you think should go?”

I placed my hand to my chin in thought.

1)Send two people (Of your choice)

2)Send one person (Of your choice)

I thought I'd do a little something special for this voting session. If 1 beats 2, I'll see which people were voted on the most. Same goes for 2.

Happy voting :)

• edited July 2015

2.( Distract the walkers.

1.( Send two people (Why not Sasha and Sofia.) The more the merrier.

Great part!

Usui “So, how long do you think it’ll take them to get back here?” I turn to Santiago, who is sitting on top of the generator. “Beats

• 3)Leave the man

1)Send two people (Of your choice) (Miles and James)

Usui “So, how long do you think it’ll take them to get back here?” I turn to Santiago, who is sitting on top of the generator. “Beats

• 1)Cut down the walkers

1)Send two people (Sasha and Sofia if they are both) GO GO, GIRL TEAM

• 1)Cut down the walkers

1)Send two people (Of your choice) James and Miles

• 1)Cut down the walkers

1)Send two people (Of your choice) James and Miles

Slightly late, but better late than never, amiright? ;)

• amiright? ;)

No, you're left.

NoHopeLeft, to be precise. ;P

1)Cut down the walkers 1)Send two people (Of your choice) James and Miles Slightly late, but better late than never, amiright?

• I... I am left handed.

ami...left?

amiright? No, you're left. NoHopeLeft, to be precise. ;P

• 2) distract walkers
    2) Send one person (James)

• VOTING HAS ENDED!

Usui will cut down the walkers!

Miles and James will go on a rescue mission.

• I just noticed it's been a month...

VOTING HAS ENDED! Usui will cut down the walkers! Miles and James will go on a rescue mission.

• It takes longer with my fan fics....blue knows what I mean.....

I just noticed it's been a month...

• Yeah...I really apologize for that. I'm slowly drifting from the forums, and the only times I've been on have been to speculate about the latest TTG epsiodes or just to hang. Having school and family matters doesn't help in the slightest, either.

This doesn't mean I'll totally abandon this, however. That's the last thing I want for everyone. It'll just be updated rather sporadically whenever I have time and ideas.

I just noticed it's been a month...

• No problem man. It's relatively the same thing for me.

Yeah...I really apologize for that. I'm slowly drifting from the forums, and the only times I've been on have been to speculate about the la

• edited September 2015

So, I need to know some things.

StrawPoll

• Hoo boy, been another month now. According to the results, you all really want this to continue despite my schedule (or lack thereof) for uploading parts. My internet situation might have changed a slight bit, but it's still more than enough to write parts. So, starting Friday, I will be writing a part a day until Monday arrives, then sporadically when and if I have time. That means you're guaranteed 3 parts a week at a minimum. Thanks for waiting for my hectic high school life ^^

I hope you're all ready for the next part, because as you all know, in TWD...

Shit happens.

enter image description here

So, I need to know some things. StrawPoll

• Shino

Two for the price of one

“Well, four people are certainly better than three. And I think I know just who to send.” I tell Miles, with a smile on my face.

“Alright then, who are they?”

“You might want to go and roundup James real quick.” I wheel out of the tent, then turn back to him. “You two are definitely the ones with the most experience out of all of us. If anyone can do it, you two can.”

He cracks a smile upon hearing my statement. “Well, I guess I can’t back down now. I’ll go get him.”

“Just make sure you all come back safe.” I tell him as I turn back around and start rolling over to the others.

Usui

Slice n’ Dice

I sighed and readied my blade. “Fuck it.” Making my descent down the stairs, I try to calm the man down. “Just stand still there. I’m coming.”

There were quite a few walkers surrounding the poor guy, so I had to be fast. Some turned to look at the source of the noise behind them, but they fell as soon as they did. The ones that continued their pursuit of the man found my blade as well, and no sooner had it begun that it stopped. When the last walker was dealt with, I walked over to him.

“What did you do to get yourself into this mess? How’d you even get here?”

He brushed his hair with his left hand, quite timidly I might add. “I was just sent out on a supply run for my group.”

“Alone?” I said, quite unconvinced.

“Alone.” He confirmed.

"How many people are in that group?"

"Nine people, including me." He scratched his arm nervously.

“What the fuck were they thinking? Did they even know how many-” My words were interrupted with the sound of gunfire back upstairs.

“Shit...Santiago!”

When I turned, he took his chance. Taking out a knife, he threw himself on top of me, knocking both of us over and the sword out of my reach.

“You...fucking..dick..” I struggled to say, trying to keep the point of his weapon from my throat.

“Shouldn't have trusted me. It’s the freaking apocalypse, man. Dog eat dog world, you know?” He kept attempting to put his weight on top of the knife to finish me off, but my leg was keeping him from doing so. To my right was my sword, maybe if I could reach it somehow…

1)Roll to the right

2)Roll to the left

3)Try to kick him off

James

“How many bullets you got?” I asked Miles as we turned another corner.

He took the clip out and looked at it, then counted the few he had in his pocket. “Twelve. You?”

“Last I checked, nine. You’ve been conserving those well.”

“Yeah, you learn to be a bit more conservative when you have a horde of undead bearing down upon you nowadays.” He joked, looking out the window of the truck. “Take the next left.”

“Left? But if we go straight, we could be there faster.” I protested.

“Uh, no, actually. You should probably listen to one of the strategists on this one. Left.” He continued pointing his finger in the direction he insisted was correct.

“I don’t know man, I got a real good feeling about my choice.”

1)Listen to Miles

2)Go with your gut

3)”Does it really matter?”

(And yes, you're damn right I'm making this a choice XD)

Hey everyone, how's it going? Just finished the next part (trying to get used to writing good again), so I hope you enjoy it! Voting ends tomorrow at 3 PM, EST. Happy voting!

• edited November 2015

On an unrelated note, a certain friend of mine wanted to join this, so I'll be posting his character info here when he gets done.

Until then, have a spooky skele. Why? Don't ask questions.

• 2)Roll to the left

1)Listen to Miles

Left sounds nice today.

Shino Two for the price of one “Well, four people are certainly better than three. And I think I know just who to send.” I tell Miles,

• 2)Roll to the left

1)Listen to Miles

Glad to see this back! :D

Shino Two for the price of one “Well, four people are certainly better than three. And I think I know just who to send.” I tell Miles,

• Due to time constraints, I'm gonna have to end the voting here (even with only 2 votes). I'll be sure to PM the others sometime tonight if the forums unfollowed them yet again, but for now I have a part to work on. :P

Voting has ended!

Usui will roll to the left, and James will listen to Miles!

• edited November 2015

James

Actually listen

I shook my head and sigh. “Fine, I suppose you have a point. I wheel the truck around and take the detour. A little while later, Miles motioned for me to stop.

“What is it this time?” I asked, taking my foot off the gas.

He responded by pointing to the building we were heading to. Upon closer inspection, he was actually pointing to the group of people who were hiding in the bushes, their backs to us and intently keeping their gazes in the road in front of them.

“Shit, it’s a damn ambush…” I said. “If we kept driving straight…”

Miles slowly opens the his door and steps out. “Too late to dwell on it now. These are the same bandits that keep harassing us, no doubt about it.” He readies his gun, but moves over to my side of the truck.

“What do you think we should do?” He asks.

“Aren’t you supposed to be the strategist?”

“Well, yeah, but having a little input would be nice, too.” He looks around for a bit, probably surveying the area. “I don’t see anyone else but these three, unless they’re being super sneaky. I say we should take them out now so we won’t have to later.”

I nod. “Agreed.”

“Alright then...you take the guy on the left, I’ll go right. We’ll take out the last guy together.” He starts walking towards his target, and I begin to mine. The two of us don’t make a single sound, and before we know it we’re right on top of the poor bastards. We were about to shoot when this geeky looking kid rushed out of the building in a hurry. He turned to the five of us and pointed. He didn’t say anything more.

As if he had eyes in the back of his head, the guy Miles had looked back and tackled him. In the panic, Miles had fired his gun and managed to hit the middle guy somehow. He grabbed his leg and screamed in pain, while Miles and his opponent grappled each other. Before I had a time to react, the third guy tried to hit me with the butt of his rifle. I grabbed it and tried to wrestle it away from him, but he was stronger than he looked. I finally managed to get it from him by kicking him in his shin with a swift kick, and he went down. I wasted no time finishing him off with his own rifle, and instantly attempted to help Miles. He was pushed to the ground while the other guy drew a knife on him. I rushed to him, but tripped when I felt a hand grab my foot. I turn to see the face of the guy who got shot in the leg, with a smile on his face. His smile soon fades when I kick him about five times, and he releases his grip. Regaining my balance, I club the other man over the head with my newly obtained rifle. He drops the knife and grips his head, but doesn’t feel the pain for long before Miles gets back up. He takes the gun he dropped in the skirmish and shoots him right in the head. The last man stays on the ground, simultaneously holding both his leg and face. Looking back at the entrance to the building, the kid was gone. Must’ve taken the opportunity to run…

Miles picks up the knife from the ground, and motioned towards the prone man. “What should we do with this one?”

1)”Fuck him, he tried to kill us.”

2)”Let the walkers get what’s left.”

3)”He’s not worth the bullet.”

Usui

I don’t usually roll, but when I do, I roll to the left

There was no way I’d be able to reach my blade in time. I do, however, notice another thing in this room that would help me. I use the man’s weight to my advantage and we both roll to the left. We make a complete stop when we hit the dead body of one of the walkers I killed earlier. Atleast, I thought it was dead. The disembodied head was facing us, but when I rolled I made sure that he would land between me and the head. The man doesn’t look pleased in the slightest my by plan.

“What the fuck did you think that would acompl- AHHHHHHHHHHH!” He tries to gloat, but the walker interrupts him. He releases his grip on me and stands straight up, the head firmly clamped on his neck. He must’ve dropped the knife when we started rolling, because all he did was claw at it. When he finally managed to get it off, it took a chunk of bloody flesh with it. He reached around and felt at it, bringing his hand back to reveal the crimson substance. He stumbled and caught himself on the edge, but collapsed soon after.

I picked myself off the floor and retrieved my katana. I also grabbed the knife he had, no reason not to. I noticed some blood on it where there wasn’t any before, and I look at my arm to see a slash wound. Must’ve happened when I rolled...oh well. I shrug it off and run back upstairs. I had to get to Santiago, there was no time to waste.

Sorry about not releasing a part last night, I didn't plan on staying overnight. The voting for this part will end at 8 PM EST, and I'll make another after that to make up for it. Happy voting! :)

• 3)”He’s not worth the bullet.”

James Actually listen I shook my head and sigh. “Fine, I suppose you have a point. I wheel the truck around and take the detour. A lit

• "Let the walkers get what's left"

James Actually listen I shook my head and sigh. “Fine, I suppose you have a point. I wheel the truck around and take the detour. A lit

• 2)Roll to the left

1)Listen to Miles

Great part! Glad this is back!

• edited November 2015

There seems to be a tie. I'll give you all an extra 30 minutes to finish up voting :)

Since it's still a tie, I'll just have to flip a coin. Heads is 3), tails is 2). Looks like it's 2)!

James and Miles will leave their attacker for the walkers!

• edited November 2015

Little late for voting here, but there's a tie going on down there if you're interested :P

mr.quality posted: »

2)Roll to the left 1)Listen to Miles Great part! Glad this is back!

• edited November 2015

1)”Fuck him, he tried to kill us.”

They're going to rape him? Lol jk. Nice part, hope they find the geeky kid <3

EDIT: Well the voting's over never mind.

• The funny part is that even though voting is over: your vote was a different option and would have caused a 3-way flip :P

1)”Fuck him, he tried to kill us.” They're going to rape him? Lol jk. Nice part, hope they find the geeky kid EDIT: Well the voting's over never mind.

• your vote was a different option and would have caused a 3-way flip

Saltlick123 posted: »

The funny part is that even though voting is over: your vote was a different option and would have caused a 3-way flip :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.