River that's Run Red [Interactive TWD Story,Chatacter Submission Open, Chapter 2]

Comments

• edited June 2015

VOTING HAS ENDED!

Miles will act sarcastic.

Really sorry you all, but I can't possibly work with the few hours I have left. The wifi I use was out almost the entire day and I just now got it back. ;-;

BlueShadiw posted: »

James Investigate now “Let’s go look for it.” I said after thinking it over. Sebastian looks up at me for a moment. “What about Mil

• edited June 2015

Miles

Sarcasm works 60% of the time.

“Oh sure, lemme just leave by myself while walkers could possibly be lying in wait on the outskirts of your camp. That’s a fantastic plan, wonder why I didn’t think about it in the first place?”

Quirk opens his mouth to argue, but shuts it and rubs his forehead. “Just gather your people quickly. If you don’t have them right here in ten minutes then you’re SOL.”

“So Obviously Lucky?” I ask while turning around so he doesn’t see my smile.

“Shut up and get moving.” Greg told me as the two left.

I didn’t know the first place to look, but the woods was my best shot. By the time I got to the treeline I heard footsteps. Footsteps and..squeaking? That must be Shino. Her wheelchair was always noisy. I look ahead and see James with Usui, who is rolling Shino along. James looked indifferent, but Usui was talking to him. I could barely make out the conversation from here.

“You’re lucky I w…...ood mood. Or else I would-” Shino butts into the conversation at a volume I’ve never heard her at before.

“Usui, stop it already. Now.” He sighs and drops the argument.

Eventually we cross paths and I update the situation to them.

“Ten minutes, huh? Well, we decided Sebastian was gonna drive the SUV Usui found. Oh, by the way, we found Santiago. He’s..well we’ll just let you find out for yourself.” He scratches his head.

“Wait..who’s going where?” I ask.

“My truck fits Shino’s wheelchair the best, so she’ll be there. Usui will be with her at all times, and I’m driving it, obviously. That leaves you, Sebastian, Daniel and Santiago to the SUV.”

“Actually, you’re forgetting someone.” I heard a woman speak, and when I turned around I saw Jerry’s friend walking up to us.
    “And why would we include you?” James asks, folding his arms.

“Jerry and I both agree this isn’t a place we want to be. So he wants me to leave with you all.”

“Is it about that favor I asked? Why can’t he come too then, miss..?”

She shakes her head. “We were suspicious of this place from the start, plus your SUV can only carry five people. Jerry saw you drive it into the woods over there.” She points to the woods, and Usui nods in agreement. “Also it’s Sasha, not ‘miss’.”

She lowers her smg after that comment, and I raise my hands up. “R-right. Sasha. Got it.” I look around to confirm our group. James will be driving his own truck, with Usui guarding Shino all the while. Sebastian is driving the new SUV with an incapacitated Santiago, both of which are already there. I will be joining them with our cheery Sasha and Daniel. Wait...where is Daniel, anyway? I look around, and sure enough he is nowhere to be seen.

“Wait guys, where’s Daniel?” I ask the rest of the group, who look just as confused as I am. “Wasn’t he with you, Shino?”

“Only for a minute. When I went to talk to Usui he must’ve wandered off.”

Sasha spoke up. “If he wandered into camp Quirk would’ve already barked at us by now. That means he’s gotta be somewhere in the woods or further up the road.”

“You two meet up with Sebastian and let him know. Then drive as far into the woods as you can, we’ll do the same for the road.”

Where could be possibly be?

Daniel Martinez

I had so many questions filling my mind.

Why had Usui fought that Miles guy and Sebastian? Why couldn’t we stay? Where were they all?

Why was Santiago like that?

I had tried to break open that trunk, but I couldn't Then I heard a noise, so I ran..

I didn’t know why, but I kept that rock I found with me. Maybe for protection..?

My legs had been running for a long time now. But the noise kept getting louder.

Suddenly, I tripped.

Miles

“Shit..maybe he was worried about Santiago and went to look for him?” Sebastian tried to make sense of the situation as he drive. “Maybe he got lost?”

We had been driving in the woods a long time, and visibility was cut drastically. We could only see in front of us, thanks to the headlights.

“Hopefully the others have gotten better luck than us.” Sasha said, leaning back in her chair. “We can barely get past all this vegetation.”

“I don’t care about the progress. Atleast we’re trying.” Sebastian told her, barely making it up a steep hill.

“Well, we better find him soon. It’s too dark for anyone on foot to see their surroundings.” I saw something out of the corner of my eye, but I dismissed it.

“Then how’d he make so much headway?” Sebastian asked. I looked out the window again. There it was again.

“Obviously, he had a headstart before it got too dark.” Sasha answered. I could barely make out a shape in the darkness. Maybe two?

“Why would he leave without us? If anyone knew where Santiago was, it’d be Usui. So why-”

“Shh!” I told Sebastian. There were faint sounds in the distance. The figures got closer and closer. “Turn your lights off.”

“What? Why?”

“Turn your damn lights off!” I whispered to him, who finally obliged.

The three of us stayed quiet, listening to the noises around us. Sure enough, those noises belonged to none other than walkers. They had gotten close enough to the SUV for us to make out the details clearly. They were wandering blindly in the dark, but they wandered in one direction only. Towards Macon. One or two bumped into the car at times, but they ignored it and continued on their way. When the coast was clear, I said what we were all thinking.

“..What the hell was that?”

No one had enough time to answer before we felt the entire SUV shake. I turned and picked up a flashlight that was on the floor. When I turned it on, everyone saw the ten or so walkers trying to claw their way into the vehicle.

“Get us out of here, Sebastian!” I frantically ordered.

He nodded and practically broke the gas pedal. We were going at such a high speed that we’d probably be pulled over if the police weren’t all dead or assholes. As soon as he released the gas, he stepped on the breaks. He stopped right before nearly hitting a tree, and we all stopped to catch our breaths.

"Check on Santiago back there." Sebastian told me once we were in the clear.

I looked in the back of the car to find that Santiago was gone and the trunk wide open.

"He's...gone?"

"What?!"

I investigated to see how the lock works, and found out it could be open from both sides.

“What the hell kind of trunk can be open from both sides?!” Sasha asked, very annoyed.

“That doesn’t matter, we need to find Santiago.” Sebastian opened his door and started looking around.

“Here, you’ll need this.” I threw my flashlight to him, then proceeded to grab the M4 Usui mentioned to me before we left. “Good old Usui told me this had a flashlight on it. Looks like he wasn’t lying.”

Sasha rolled her eyes. “Have you even fired a rifle before?”

I shook my head. “I don’t need to fire, only need it for vision. Besides, I still have my..huh?” I reached for my knife, but it was gone. Maybe I left it at James’s truck? It didn’t matter.

“I’ll manage. Just stay here and lock all of the doors.” She nods and the two of us leave.

“I’ll go left, you go right.” Sebastian said before heading off alone. The forest was filled with total silence. Not even one walker crossed my path.

That silence was soon broken, however. Broken by none other than Sebastian.

“Miles! Are you here?! Come quick!” His voice was filled with dread. I started sprinting over to the direction of his voice.

“Sebastian! What’s wrong?” I finally made my way over to him, but he didn’t say a word. I tried looking around with my M4, but soon regretted it.
    On the ground was a figure sprawled out on the dirt and grass, their arms and legs spread out. A red substance was collecting in a pool around it, and tiny rivers were flowing on a red background, caused from something protruding from their chest. It was a knife. I trembled and brought the light up to the face of the victim. His brown eyes were open and his black hair was a mess. In his hand was a rock the size of his hand, covered in a red mist.

There was no doubt about it, Daniel Martinez was dead.

Santiago was sitting next to him, tears streaming from his face.

Chapter 1: The Wheel of Fate

END

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBzV7gecMx0

• Thanks to everyone for the characters I needed to begin this series, the next chapter will be coming Soon! :P

Miles Sarcasm works 60% of the time. “Oh sure, lemme just leave by myself while walkers could possibly be lying in wait on the outskir

• Great chapter!! Poor Daniel...

Miles Sarcasm works 60% of the time. “Oh sure, lemme just leave by myself while walkers could possibly be lying in wait on the outskir

• Sorry for my absence.... But... shit, I finally read the new part and a kid dies ;_;

• Depending on how things went down, Sebastian could've been in his place. Even James, or no one at all.

You should count yourselves lucky only 1 person died. xD

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Sorry for my absence.... But... shit, I finally read the new part and a kid dies ;_;

• edited June 2015

Well, maybe my absence and lack of voting saved Sebastian from his possible demise, but maybe it also doomed Dan to... well... death.

One person, two people, three people, etc. It's a well and good that very few people died, but it's not much of silver lining when that one person is a kid... Why couldn't it have been an asshole to die instead? ;_;

Depending on how things went down, Sebastian could've been in his place. Even James, or no one at all. You should count yourselves lucky only 1 person died. xD

• Poor Daniel

• Danny De Carlo, 18, Male

Bio: Danny is a boy with Italian origins. He was a student and he had a passion for videogames, but the Zombie Apocalypse wasn't so funny as he thought it was.

Personality: He's a pretty shy person, before the ZA he didn't have many friends, but he prefered loneliness, except for the few friends he had. However, he's kind-hearted, loyal, honest, humble, respectful (at least before, will the ZA change him?)
    He's a lonely survivor and sometimes paranoid, he doesn't like taking risks, so he tends to avoid people instead of killing them at first sight or trying to help them, he only kills in self-defense or when threatened, and he's very careful about who and who not to trust.

Appearance: About 6 feet tall (180-185 cm), normally built, light skin, dark brown hair with some facial hair, narrow brown eyes and glasses (he's a bit myopic). He tends to wear camo clothes, or other colors fit to camouflage, and/or that give best protection (for the head too).

Anything more: Danny's experience with videogames, especially with zombie ones, gave him a bit of survival skills: he tends to avoid the roads, sticking to the side, even better if there are bushes or trees, and when he needs to go in open spaces he runs across keeping his head down. He doesn't mind dealing with zombies when they're not in a numerous group, he's more afraid of alive people.
    He prefers canned food and clean bottled water, he also carries some medicine if he has some. For weaponry, he likes guns with a big magazine, so he doesn't have to reload it too often, even better if it has a noise suppressor. For melee weapons, he likes light, sharp and long-ranged weapons (like a machete or a tomahawk), so he can handle them with just one hand and kill zombies keeping them at a pretty safe distance. (Note: Naturally he doesn't have necessarily to have all this stuff, he just tends to get it)

• Because I have plans for a certain asshole. ;)

Well, maybe my absence and lack of voting saved Sebastian from his possible demise, but maybe it also doomed Dan to... well... death. One

• Added.

Danny De Carlo, 18, Male Bio: Danny is a boy with Italian origins. He was a student and he had a passion for videogames, but the Zombie A

• Thank you ;)

Added.

• No, thank you for the character :P

Thank you

• edited June 2015

Well I guess this asshole could be around a little longer... or maybe they'll change into a not-so-asshole-y character.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Because I have plans for a certain asshole.

• Alt text

Well I guess this asshole could be around a little longer... or maybe they'll change into a not-so-asshole-y character. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• pls forgive

Alt text

supersagig posted: »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Even James,

Alt text

Depending on how things went down, Sebastian could've been in his place. Even James, or no one at all. You should count yourselves lucky only 1 person died. xD

• Wanna test that theory?

Alt text

bloop posted: »

Even James,

• Alt text

Wanna test that theory?

• Alt text

You wanna go bro?!

• Nave bitch u.u. You killed my soul! (you now i am joking right?)

pls forgive

• Oh my heart, how it is wounded! dies

(yes lol)

supersagig posted: »

Nave bitch u.u. You killed my soul! (you now i am joking right?)

• How would you all feel about a sneak peak of a little bit of Chapter 2? :P

• I would probably feel a mix between excitement and terror ;-;

How would you all feel about a sneak peak of a little bit of Chapter 2? :P

• Exciteor?

I'll take it! :D

I would probably feel a mix between excitement and terror ;-;

• I don't know how i feel about this... Exited, scared. happy?

How would you all feel about a sneak peak of a little bit of Chapter 2? :P

• D. All of the above.

mr.quality posted: »

I don't know how i feel about this... Exited, scared. happy?

• Prologue

Miles

I stared up at the bright blue sky, deep in thought. My thoughts were interrupted when a voice called out to me.

"Hey Miles, mind helping me carry this?" I turned to face the person, who I soon realized was Sebastian. He was trying his best to hold a large container. I get up and walk over to him, eyeing the container.

As if he could read my mind, Sebastian explained. "More food. We've been really lucky recently finding stuff like this. A few canned goods, some fruit, snacks, and get this: we even found a working generator that was powering the place!" I looked in the back of the SUV, noticing the absence of said generator.

"So, where is it, then?" A figure from behind Sebastian jumped out of the passenger's seat, carrying a paper bag filled with food.

"We didn't have enough room to put it in, so Usui and Santiago are guarding it right now." She checked the contents of her bag before walking past us.

"Well, that's about it. Thanks for the explanation, Sofia." Sebastian said before we began walking the container over to the base. She responded by throwing us a thumbs up over her shoulder.

"So, Santiago, huh?" I asked.

He nodded. "I guess he's still trying to do as much as he can to make up for...you know." Sebastian looked down as he spoke. "I still can't believe it's been three months. It feels like nothing's happened in that span of time, nothing major to keep our minds off of that night."

"Three months is still enough time for closure. At least, that's what I thought. With his leg and that night..I'm just worried about him. He's trying to pull his weight around tenfold." We reached the piles of supplies and lowered the container next to it. Sebastian scratched his neck and looked around.

"It could've been worse if Usui hadn't calmed him down. Remember when he thought one of us murdered him? I've never seen anyone like that before."

"Well, when you lost your leg and your brother in the same day, I wouldn't put it past him."

"I haven''t stopped thinking about that night. Someone did it, I just can't put the pieces together. What motive would-"

Our conversation came to a halt when James' truck came speeding into camp. It hit the breaks and came to a stop right next to one of the buildings. James and Dana jumped out of it and motioned for us to get to cover. Sebastian and I hid behind another building, the same next to the supplies. Sofia rolled Shino behind some logging equipment right after she rolled the SUV into cover.

We held our breath and waited. Soon enough, a small neon car drove right into the camp. Two men got out of it and began looking around. Sebastian looked down and slowly moved towards an object on the ground. I realized what it was, the same container we had carried over there moments ago. He grabbed the handle and slowly pulled it closer to us, but when he did it made a large amount of noise. One of the bandits looked in the direction of the noise and saw it from a few feet away. He began to move to it, and his partner did the same. Suddenly, Sasha rounded the corner and hit the in back with the butt of her smg. He fell down, but the other noticed and turned around. He had her at gunpoint for a second before Sofia shot him multiple times with her M4. He hit the ground and stayed there. Everyone got out of their hiding places and James dealt the fatal blow to the bandit, preventing him from turning.

"Another patrol. They're getting more and more people." Shino looked at the corpse. "Their resources must be through the roof."

James shook his head. "They siphon resources off of others, they don't do any of the work. We're more than a match for them."

As we were talking, the other guy got up and made a run for the car. Sebastian and Sofia ran towards him, but they weren't quicker than me. I reached for my gun and aimed for his chest. The air echoed and our threat was gone.

James began relaying intructions to Sasha right after she finished off the last bandit. "Make sure these bodies get dropped off. I don't care where, and make sure that car never gets found."

"Feed bodies and ditch car in the woods. Got it." She shut the trunk with the bodies in it and started up the car.

James turned to me. "You've been practicing with that gun in these three months, I see."

"We all have, three months is a long time." I responded.

"It sure is. Longer than anyone expected this would last." He looked around the camp, looking pleased. "This was sure a great place to set up, thanks for picking it."

"I'm not the one conducting the supply runs and such. Don't thank me."

"It's a team effort, we all contribute and we all gain. You deserve some kind of credit, Miles."

I smile. "Thanks, man. You've changed from three months too."

He walked away and I found myself in the same position I was some time ago, staring up at the sky. We were surviving, but for how long? Were we really coping this well? Maybe I was thinking this up...

Either way, walkers were the least of our problems.

• Bandits! :o

Prologue Miles I stared up at the bright blue sky, deep in thought. My thoughts were interrupted when a voice called out to me. "He

• Gives me a nostalgic feeling cause it kind of reminds me of Starved for Help. XD

Prologue Miles I stared up at the bright blue sky, deep in thought. My thoughts were interrupted when a voice called out to me. "He

• Bandits? Dear God no.

• OMG OMG OMG

• Bandits!!!

• I am happy to announce that Chapter 2 will be coming sometime after the 10th!

I'll be busy and away from electronics before then, so I'll need time to start the chapter after then.

So until then, stay hyped :D

Alt text

• edited July 2015

Hey everyone, I've got some great news! I'm back! :D

I will begin writing the next chapter tomorrow and it will go Monday (due to me finally going to see Jurassic World and probably being too busy to put on the finishing touches).

I'll leave you with these questions while we wait.

1. How do you like the story so far?

2. What was your favorite part?

3. What was your least favorite part?

4. Who is your favorite character? Least favorite?

5. Are there any other questions you would like to ask about the story, characters ect?

1. It's alright ;) (Seriously though it's pretty awesome)
    2. I don't know actually.
    3. I still don't know...
    4. I liked Sebastian's presentation in the story so far. As for least favorite... I got nothing yet D:
    5. Hmm... Pizza or Ice cream?

Hey everyone, I've got some great news! I'm back! I will begin writing the next chapter tomorrow and it will go Monday (due to me finall

• edited July 2015

1.( Awesomeness, @ TheBomb.Com

2.( To many choices...

3.( I don't have one.

4.( Favorite: Miles or Sebastian. Least: I like them all.

5.( Nah.

Hey everyone, I've got some great news! I'm back! I will begin writing the next chapter tomorrow and it will go Monday (due to me finall

• Pizza or Ice cream

Alt text

* It's alright (Seriously though it's pretty awesome) * I don't know actually. * I still don't know... * I liked Sebastian's presentation in the story so far. As for least favorite... I got nothing yet * Hmm... Pizza or Ice cream?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.