River that's Run Red [Interactive TWD Story,Chatacter Submission Open, Chapter 2]

167891012»

Comments

• 2)Turn the chair around - He's got a knife to his throat. It's probably not a good idea to lean into the knife or attempt to headbutt the guy.

3)”Danny, finish off those walkers while Jake and I take care of the elevator doors.” - Danny can take care of a couple of torses, right? Nobody can be lame enough to be killed by a couple of torses.

Great return! I'm loving it already! :D By the way, it probably wouldn't hurt if you messaged some of the other voters if you haven't already. It's definitely possible some of them unfollowed the thread by mistake.

BlueShadiw posted: »

Alec Heavy lifting I holstered my revolver and quickly ran over to Jake. I placed my hands on the bookshelf and pushed with all my mig

• edited May 2016

I planned on doing that, never got the time to do so however.

Thanks for the reminder, though. :)

NoHopeLeft posted: »

2)Turn the chair around - He's got a knife to his throat. It's probably not a good idea to lean into the knife or attempt to headbutt the gu

• 2)Turn the chair around

3)”Danny, finish off those walkers while Jake and I take care of the elevator doors.”

Great to see this back in action!

Alec Heavy lifting I holstered my revolver and quickly ran over to Jake. I placed my hands on the bookshelf and pushed with all my mig

• 2)Turn the chair around

3)”Danny, finish off those walkers while Jake and I take care of the elevator doors.”

• It's unexplainable to me why I haven't seen this great story so far, considering that it started over a year ago. I think I even faintly remember seeing this story a while ago, but I have no idea why I haven't caught up a long time ago and you have my apologies for that. It's a good thing that you posted the shout-out over at Monument, because now I finally checked this story out and I'm really liking what I have read so far. I'm currently about to catch up, which I should manage to do in the next few days and afterwards I would like to submit some characters if you still need them :)

• Great to have you on board, Liquid. And of course you can submit characters at any time :)

It's unexplainable to me why I haven't seen this great story so far, considering that it started over a year ago. I think I even faintly rem

• Alright, I'll have to end the voting so I can start on the next part.

Jerry will turn the chair around.

Danny will take on the walkers while Alec and Jake try the elevator doors.

• Eddie

Dana tried to comfort me as Sofia finished burying Nikki. She then stuck the shovel into the ground next to it, and walked back over to us.

“Eddie, I’m...I’m sorry this happened. There was nothing we could do…”

Dana wiped away the tears from her eyes. “We didn’t have any antibiotics or anything to help with her. It was probably infection, or…”

I walked over to the grave and knelt down. “Please, just leave me be for a minute.”

“Are you sure?” Sofia asked.

“...Yes, please go look after Tyler.” I replied, looking over my shoulder. Sofia was reluctant at first, then nodded and took Dana and the two left for the house.

I stayed next to Nikki’s grave for what felt like an eternity. Endless questions filled my mind. Why was it her? Why not me? Did I deserve this? Was this punishment? Shouldn’t I be crying, or even be sad?

As I pondered these thoughts, the grey clouds overhead began pouring down rain. Sighing, I got up and began walking back to the house.

Jerry

180 degrees

Without wasting a second, I spin the chair around by moving my weight to the left. The man tried to stab at me while doing so, but I heard it collide with the chair and get stuck. Knowing the man was now disarmed, I knock myself, and the chair, into him to prevent him from getting it back. The force of my attack topples and knocks the wind out of him, and I take the chance to put as much force into stomping the life out of him as possible. After making sure he doesn’t get back up again, I attempt to pull the knife out of the chair, thankfully it was relatively close to where my hands were tied. It eventually comes loose, and the bindings on my hands and legs come off with ease.

“Now that that’s done, time to figure out where I am…”

I take my time looking around the room now that the only threat is gone, taking notice of a container behind the chair. Looking inside, I find some rope and many black bags.
    “How many times have they done this sort of thing..?” I shake my head in disgust, then close the lid on the container. Walking over the man’s body, I open the door and step out, revealing a small house. As for that torture chamber, it appears to be an ordinary shed on the outside. I soon decide to investigate the house after closing the shed door, due to the fact that I have no idea where I am. As I walk up the steps, the smell tips me off more than the noise. On the other side of the sliding glass door to the house, a shit ton of walkers takes notice of my sudden appearance and begin banging on the glass. Thankfully, their combined efforts aren’t enough to break it, and I relax a little. Before I could do anything more, a voice cries out over the multitude of groans and growls.

“Please, don’t do this!” A man’s voice begs, before getting overpowered by another. “Shut up and walk!”

Not wanting to get caught off guard, I quickly jump off the porch and next to the stairs, the only hiding place that’s remotely safe. As I wait there, the sounds of the walkers begin to intensity when the voices get closer.

“Oh god please don’t! Anything but that!”

“Get the ladder, Oliver.” The other voice commands, clearly ignoring the man’s plight.

I take a chance to peer over the edge of the porch to reveal three men standing there, one of them handcuffed. One of the other two grab a nearby ladder and stood it against the wall, then climbs it to the roof and holds it while the handcuffed man goes next.

“Oh please, no..!” He begs once more, halfway up the ladder.

“Fucking move.” The guy responds, before brandishing his pistol.

This is fucked...but what could I do?

1)Stay put

2)Try to save the man

Alec

You chose to let Danny handle the walkers

“Danny, finish off those walkers while Jake and I take care of the elevator doors.” I command, before walking over to the doors.

“Huh?” Danny says in response, clearly taken aback by my declaration.

“They’re just torsos, man. Stab them in the head.” I reply.

“Are...are you sure about this?”

I shrug. He needs more confidence. “Danny, if you do this, you’ll be doing me a favor. So do it, ok?”

Danny looks to the walkers for a second, then back to me. “Alright...I’ll do it.”

“Attaboy.” I say before trying to pry the elevator doors apart. Jake walks over to me and tries to help, but to no avail.

“These doors are fucked…” I mutter to myself, before turning to Jake. “Didn’t you bring a crowbar, or something?”

He takes his bag off and rummages through it, then pulls out the crowbar he took from camp. After sticking it between the doors, he pulls with all his might. When an opening appears, I grab a nearby chair and stick the legs between the doors.

Jake sits down and catches his breath, clearly that door took a lot out of him. I take a look inside of the elevator, then smile. Only a foot below us was the elevator itself, providing us with a place to stand. I motion for Jake to follow, and he grabs his bag.

“ Well, we can’t go down from here, but we could climb up and go around…” I say out loud, looking above us at the elevator shaft.

Jake looks over the chair and yells at Danny. “Hey kid, get over here! Alec’s got a plan-”

As I’m trying to climb a nearby ladder, I look up to see a walker fall from an open elevator door from above.

“Jake, above us!” I try to warn him, and he steps to the side, avoiding the walker as it slams itself onto the elevator. In response, the elevator begins making a loud grinding sound, and Jake looks at me.

“Oh shit!” He says before jumping over to the ladder, knocking the chair over in the process. He safely snags the bottom of the ladder right as the elevator falls all the way down to the ground floor. The doors on our floor close now that there’s nothing propping it open, effectively closing us off from Danny.

“Hey kid, if you can hear us, find your own way down! We’ll meet you outside!” Jake yells to Danny.

There’s no response, and Jake looks down. “Shit, that was too close.”

“You’re telling me. Come on, let’s go.” I start climbing my way up the ladder, and eventually we reach the floor that walker came from. I look in the open doorway, making sure it was clear. Then I leap over to the doors, barely avoiding falling to my death.

“Hey Jake, throw me your bag first. It’ll weigh you down.” Jake obliges, chucking it over to me and then jumping himself. I grab his arm as he falls, then pull him up. He gets up and pats himself off, then looks at me. “So, what now?”

I walk over to some nearby windows and take the cigarettes out of my pocket. I always carry a lighter, so I don’t have a problem with lighting it.

“...Could I get a smoke?” Jake asks, crossing his arms. Ah, right. He’s got a smoking addiction.

1)Give him a cig

2)Refuse

• edited May 2016

2)Try to save the man

1)Give him a cig

I wish I could write like you..

Eddie Dana tried to comfort me as Sofia finished burying Nikki. She then stuck the shovel into the ground next to it, and walked back ove

• I think you're an amazing writer, Raging :)

2)Try to save the man 1)Give him a cig I wish I could write like you..

• 2)Try to save the man

1)Give him a cig

Once again, wonderfully written! :D

Eddie Dana tried to comfort me as Sofia finished burying Nikki. She then stuck the shovel into the ground next to it, and walked back ove

• 2) Try to save the man
    1) Give him a cig

• edited June 2016

Voting has ended.

Jerry will attempt to save the man.

Alec will give Jake a cig.

• how do we submit a character?

• So, it seems the story's hit a little bit of a snag...for now. Instead of moving where I initially thought, I ended up moving into my brother's house, who doesn't have wifi. I rarely get the chance to use my friend's wifi, however if time permits and/or I get a chance, I'll see what I could do with my college's wifi in a few days.
    It sucks, but it is what it is.

PS, Kaleb (if you still want to make a character), just make a post with the above information in my first post on this thread.

• NAME:Doc Hanson/Age:26/Gender:Male/Bio:Originally from Main,Doc Hanson lost his family during the first days of the infection,so sad and alone he wondered around going group to group with his assistant Jillian Martinez,and Adam White whom has been taking care of him to help with his depression he now helps those in need with little concern for his own well being.

Personality:Brave,Smart,Depressed(when he thinks about his dead family),Skillful in battle,Caring
    Appearance:he is bald with Greene eyes,he wears an old lab coat with a backpack filled with supplies,cargo pants and ruined sneakers
    Weapon of choice:an axe that he used to kill his undead family,h e never travels without Adam White and Jillian Martinez.

I do understand that he can die anytime and could be major or minor

• BTw Jillian Martinez and Adam White Are figments of his imagination they actually died during the outbreak

• NAME:Doc Hanson/Age:26/Gender:Male/Bio:Originally from Main,Doc Hanson lost his family during the first days of the infection,so sad and alone he wondered around going group to group with his assistant Jillian Martinez,and Adam White whom has been taking care of him to help with his depression he now helps those in need with little concern for his own well being.

Personality:Brave,Smart,Depressed(when he thinks about his dead family),Skillful in battle,Caring
    Appearance:he is bald with Greene eyes,he wears an old lab coat with a backpack filled with supplies,cargo pants and ruined sneakers
    Weapon of choice:an axe that he used to kill his undead family,h e never travels without Adam White and Jillian Martinez.

I do understand that he can die anytime and could be major or minor
    BTw Jillian Martinez and Adam White Are figments of his imagination they actually died during the outbreak

• Sorry for spamming

Sign in to comment in this discussion.