River that's Run Red [Interactive TWD Story,Chatacter Submission Open, Chapter 2]

Comments

• 2)Shove hand (Deny) BE A BITCH

3)Stroll along the outsides of the camp help james

Awesome chapter

BlueShadiw posted: »

Usui Fence it is, then. Running out of options, I started running along the fence, hoping to find a gap to squeeze into or time to cli

• 1.( Shake hand (accept)

3.( stroll along the outsides of the camp

Great chapter!!!

Usui Fence it is, then. Running out of options, I started running along the fence, hoping to find a gap to squeeze into or time to cli

• 1.( Shake hand (accept) Let's not be an asshole.

2)Walk around camp

• VOTING HAS ENDED!

Usui will shake Alec's hand.

Miles will take a stroll along the camp's perimeter.

• James

We were running through the forest on the outskirts of town shortly after abandoning the van. Daniel was slumped over my shoulders, watching the walkers get further and further off into the distance. Still we ran, desperately trying to get to that safe place the three of us longed for. Before long I started talking to Sebastian, noticing his panicked running.

“Hey Sebastian, I think we should be good for awhile. Let’s conserve our strength.” Slowing to a jog, I asked him something that’s been bugging me for awhile.

“Back at the van, I noticed you took some time getting back to us. What happened?”

He wiped his forehead of sweat and stared at me, then shifted his glance to Daniel. He sighed, and started to explain.

Sebastian

“You did WHAT?!” James was furious at my story, and he had a right to be. “You left Santiago with Usui and bolted? Why the hell didn’t you help em?!”

I pulled the gun out from my pocket and displayed it to him. “Two men against a horde of those walkers? I don’t think so. I didn’t choose to leave them behind, I chose to help you and Daniel.”

He balled his right hand into a fist as he spoke. “We weren't the ones in danger, THEY were!”

“A man without any ammo carrying a child on his shoulder could handle himself against a group of undead monsters? I don’t think so. Usui on the other hand, deals with stuff like that like it’s nothing. I feel bad about Santiago, but I left him in capable hands.” Pushing the gun back into my pocket, I continue on our path. “We need to hurry if we’re going to get there before the sun goes down.”

James released his anger and nodded in agreement. His fist unclenched, and Daniel could be heard snoring on top of his shoulder.

It’s a wonder he can sleep through something like this…

Usui

You chose to shake Alec’s hand.

I reached my arm out and placed it in his. He shook it with a firm grip and released.

“I take it that’s a ‘yes’ for the help?” He asked. I nodded. “Alrighty then, let’s get moving. One of you grab the kid.”

The person examining Santiago gave Alec a thumbs up, and picked Santiago up. I followed behind Alec and his M4 buddy, the growls and snarls of the walkers slowly fading out. After about five minutes, Alec led me to his vehicle. It was a black SUV, capable of seating plenty of people. Alec sat in the passenger seat, M4 was driving, and the rest of us sat in the middle. We started driving out of town, and I felt my eyes getting heavy. Turning around, Alec saw my condition.

“Better sleep for awhile, we got a long ride ahead of us.”

I felt my mind begining to drift into sleep. As I faded, I caught a glimpse of M4 pointing out at something, Alec talking to him, and the other person continuing to care for Santiago.

And then it all went dark.

BANG!

The hell? What was..

I pick my head up off the door to the SUV, and turned around to see M4 shoot a walker by some buildings. Wait, buildings? I thought we were driving out of here…

“Hey Santiago, what’s going on-” I turn to converse with him, but he wasn’t there. That wasn’t the only thing missing however, and I soon noticed my sword was missing, too. Peering out into the outside, I saw Alec telling M4 to go over to a different area, while he pulled out a revolver. The last person was near the SUV, probably guarding it. It didn’t look like they had any weapons, though. Wherever I was, it didn’t seem like a good idea to walk out at the moment. Santiago was still gone, too. I had to think of a plan..

Alright, let’s see what there is to see…

1)Look at the back of SUV

2)Check the front of SUV

3)Pretend to still be asleep

Alec Devic

“Go check over there.” I ordered Jake, while taking out my revolver.

“Alright, make sure to yell if you hear or see anything.” He replied.

“I’m supposed to tell you two that.” He shrugged and walked off, carrying his M4 with him. I looked back to the SUV where Clover was, making sure she was doing her job. She continued scanning the treeline like I told her, and I started thinking things over in my head.

Why the hell would he send for us to go out here? He knows as good as I do that this place is a deathtrap. What good can this mission do if one of us bites it? I kicked over a nearby rock, flinging it at the brick wall of the building. Guess there’s no use pondering it now, we’ve got a job to do.

1)Check brick house

2)Examine belongings

3)Wait at stone rubble

Chapter 1 is nearing its end, only a few more parts to do, depending on votes...

Voting ends Saturday at 5 PM, Happy Voting!

• 1( check the back of the SUV

1( check brick house

Great chapter!

James We were running through the forest on the outskirts of town shortly after abandoning the van. Daniel was slumped over my shoulders,

• Alt text

mr.quality posted: »

1( check the back of the SUV 1( check brick house Great chapter!

• 2)Examine belongings

3)Pretend to still be asleep

Awesome Chapter!

James We were running through the forest on the outskirts of town shortly after abandoning the van. Daniel was slumped over my shoulders,

• 3)Pretend to still be asleep shrug

2)Examine belongings

I know it's 5:33 Eastern, but in central it's 4:33 so technically I can still vote... Right? :P

• edited May 2015

VOTING HAS ENDED!

Usui will pretend to be asleep.

Alec will check his inventory.

I won't work on the part atm due to family coming over (again), but I will begin work tonight before 10 PM.

• Alec

Check belongings

Now’s as great a time as any to check the cards I’m dealt, I guess. In my hand was my trusty revolver, which had done plenty to save my ass in the recent events. I opened the chamber, revealing six bullets. “Oh, you won’t need ammo.” He said. “Quick run there and back...” Bah. In my right pocket was the pocket knife I used to save Usui and that kid, the former currently snoozing in the SUV. Making sure no one noticed, I swiftly poked my hand into my cast. Feeling around, I felt something small and leather. Good, it’s still there. I sigh with relief and examine the area. There were tons of small places to hide, and a lot of ground to cover. If only we had more men.. I scratch my head in thought. No way we could scan this entire area with the three of us. But if there was another… I look up and chuckle to myself. Of course there was another. I turn from my position and made a beeline straight for the SUV.

Usui

Just dreaming..

While thinking of a plan, I catch Alec turn around in the corner of my eye. I quickly lay my head back against the car door, and close my eyes. There’s no time for a plan, I just need to play this out a little while longer.. I relaxed and steadied my breathing. I could hear the faint tapping of his fingers against the glass a few seconds afterwards, then raised my body upwards and stared at his face through the window. His gas mask was gone, and I could see his entire face.

“Sorry for bothering you, but I need to ask you something.” His voice was hushed and he looked over his shoulder.

“What is it?” I asked, my eyes fixed on the scenery.

“Well, it’s about the reason we’re here. Oh wait, I never told you, did I? Sorry.” He rubbed his brow with his arm upon finishing his sentence. “Our group sent us out to find one of our members. She..she ran away this morning, and we haven’t found her since.”

I pick my head up, my curiosity piqued. “Why would she run away?”

“Well..her mother and brother were in our group too, and they died a few hours before she left. That combined with living with total strangers must’ve been too much for her.” He stopped himself from continuing after that. “Look, most of that stuff is pretty personal, so that’s all I’m gonna say about her. will you help us find her or not?”

This was the opportunity I was waiting for. “Alright, I will.”

He smiled. “Great! There’s this one area over here that we could divide-” His arm moved upwards to point, however I wasn’t finished talking.

“I’ll help you, only if you tell me where Santiago is.”

“Uh..Who? Oh, the kid. About that…” He bit his lip while muttering to himself.

“That’s not all, I want to know where my sword is too. When I fell asleep, it was on my back. Where’d you stash it?” I step out of the vehicle, pointing to my back. We were at eye-level, and I could see fear in his eyes. “Alec. Where are they?” My voice was cold with anger. He sighed and walked over to the guard next to the SUV.

“Step aside, Clover. We need to get inside, it’ll only take a second.” The woman nodded and walked off. I stand next to Alec as he unlocks the trunk. He then turns away from my face. I take the lid of the trunk and fling it open.

The sight that greeted me was far from what I expected. Nothing could’ve prepared me for this.

Miles

Stroll around outskirts of camp

“I’ll be right back.” I wave to Shino as I walk away, and she waves back. I keep my distance from the camp, making sure I wasn’t too close. The inhabitants noticed me one by one, but the only glares I received were those of Quirk and his friend. Looking back in front of me, I saw Jerry. He’s not part of the camp, per se… I slowly approach him, taking notice of his shotgun-esque weapon.

“Hey, Jerry.” I greet, raising my hand in a civilized manner.

“What’s up? Listen, about earlier…”

“It’s no big deal.” I shrug todays events off my mind. “This was never supposed to be a permanent solution, anyway.”

“It wasn’t? Where else is there to go?” He asked.

“Well..what I’m trying to say is that this USED to be the solution, but it’s not now. As for a location, Shino and I’ve taken a look at that map Thomas gave us and decided on traveling to that logging camp.”

“Logging camp? Never knew we had one.” He kept his eyes on the forest as we spoke. “I need you to understand this, Miles. I hate leaving things unresolved, and you did save my life earlier, so…” He turned around, and I saw the determination in his eyes. “If there’s anything I could do for you, just ask. It’s uncharacteristic of me, but I feel a debt to you.”

1)”Would you come with us?”

2)”Could you talk with Quirk?”

3)”You don’t have a debt to me, Jerry.”

Late part today, but atleast it's done. Voting ends Monday at 5 PM, happy voting :)

• 2)”Could you talk with Quirk?” moar quirk

pls don´t die Santiago

Awesome chapter

Alec Check belongings Now’s as great a time as any to check the cards I’m dealt, I guess. In my hand was my trusty revolver, which had

• 2.( would you talk with Quirk

Alec Check belongings Now’s as great a time as any to check the cards I’m dealt, I guess. In my hand was my trusty revolver, which had

• 2)”Could you talk with Quirk?”

• 2)”Could you talk with Quirk?”

• VOTING HAS ENDED!

Miles will ask a favor of Jerry.

• edited May 2015

I just deleted the entire Chapter 1 Doc by accident. Looks like I'll have to fill it all in now...

That's fantastic. It really is.

• (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

... I just deleted the entire Chapter 1 Doc by accident. Looks like I'll have to fill it all in now... That's fantastic. It really is.

• I can fill in the chapter doc later, what really makes me mad is that I deleted the doc with all my thoughts and future choices in said chapter...

Oh well, time to move on, I guess. New part tomorrow.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• EDIT: Somehow the docs are back. I don't know how or why, I'm just glad they are.

I can fill in the chapter doc later, what really makes me mad is that I deleted the doc with all my thoughts and future choices in said chapter... Oh well, time to move on, I guess. New part tomorrow.

• :D

EDIT: Somehow the docs are back. I don't know how or why, I'm just glad they are.

• edited May 2015

Miles

You chose to ask Jerry for help.

“Actually, I was kinda wondering something…” I place my hand upon my brow. “..Nevermind, it’s nothing.” I attempt to walk away from him, but Jerry had other plans.

“Hey, if there’s something I can do, don’t hesitate. I mean that.” He took a step forward as he spoke, then looked behind him as Quirk turned around. As soon as he walked off, I asked Jerry my favor.

“You know how we’re getting kicked out for my..theory from earlier?”

“Yeah. I was there. What about it?”

“Well..I was curious about how much you know about Quirk. If you do know something, then-” He shook his head and placed his hand in front of his face.

“I know as much about that guy as I do about everything else going on, and I trust him even less than that. If you’ve come asking for connections, you came to the wrong guy.”

“Oh, I see..Well, I guess I’ll be going then.” I turn to walk back towards the truck, but I suddenly felt Jerry’s hand on my shoulder.

“Listen..” He sighed. “I don’t know how much I could do with my position, but I’ll try, alright?”

I smile. “Thanks, Jerry. I really appreciate it.”

(?) Jerry will remember your favor.

“Don’t mention it. You better get going now, before Quirk starts up again.” I wave him off as I make my way to the truck, where Shino’s waiting with a bored expression on her face.

All kinds of thoughts were troubling me as I made that long walk to the truck. Where were James and Usui? Did something happen to them? I looked upwards. The sun was nearly gone. Only a quarter of yellow remained in the sky. Will we have to leave them behind after all? What if..they're already dead? No, of course they aren't. They wouldn't die that easily on us...Would they? I shake my head, trying to get all these horrifying thought out of it. This is a time where I need my spirits up the most. I shouldn't bother with 'what if's.

And so I walked on, the shimmering sun sinking ever so slowly into the distance...

No votes for this small part, for I haven't the time today. Friday's will be gigantic, I assure you all.

• Awesome part

Miles You chose to ask Jerry for help. “Actually, I was kinda wondering something…” I place my hand upon my brow. “..Nevermind, it’s n

• Great part!!!!

Miles You chose to ask Jerry for help. “Actually, I was kinda wondering something…” I place my hand upon my brow. “..Nevermind, it’s n

• edited May 2015

Usui

The moment I popped open the trunk, I regretted it. Santiago was on his back with his eyes closed, as if he was dreaming peacefully. He was lying right next to my sword, the two of them parallel. However, the blade was coated with some kind of red liquid. There was also a trail of it which led to Santiago’s body. As my eyes traced the path, I discovered that it ended at his leg. Something wasn’t quite right, however...Then I realized. My eyes went wide with fear as I stared at what remained of Santiago’s left leg. It was cut clean off from the thigh down, and a bloodied white cloth covered the act. I picked up my sword and stared as the crimson blood flowed down the blade, soon reaching the hilt and dripping off of it. Alec tried speaking to me, but all I heard were distorted sounds. With a swift and decisive motion, I wheeled around and shoved Alec to the ground. I then placed the tip of the blade upon his throat, watching his frightened expressions all the while. The girl screamed as this happened, and M4 took notice. He ran over to us and aimed his gun at me. I merely stared at him, then back to Alec. Alec realized what this meant and started ordering his partners in panic.

“Jake, for godsakes, lower the gun!”

“But if I do that-”

“Goddamnit Jake, that’s an order! Stop pointing that at hi- Gah!” As a sign of warning, I gently shoved the katana’s tip further, causing a tiny ripple of blood to flow and him to feel discomfort.

“If I were you, I’d listen to him, unless you want an Alec-kabob. I’m quite effective at utilizing this weapon, and I’m capable of defending myself with hand-to-hand combat. You don’t stand a chance against me.”

The soldier growled with anger as he lowered his gun.

“On second thoughts, place that wonderful weapon in the SUV. After that, enjoy some rest sitting by that tree over there.” I pointed to a tree about five yards away. The man glared at me, clearly not intending to be cooperative. Very well. I kick Alec in the side and close the SUV’s trunk quickly. He doubles over in pain, but his head stays fixed against the ground. M4 spits on the ground and walks to the vehicle, placing his gun in the passenger’s side. He closes the door with distaste and begins his journey for the tree. The woman to my right has been silent this whole time, but when she notices my glance she backs away with her arms up.

“Good, good. Atleast your group knows how to take orders. You’ve trained them well.” I kneel over and pick Alec up, then hold him hostage as I back away to the driver’s side door. “Quite the leader, aren’t you?”

Alec coughs with pain as he responds. “I’m no one’s..fucking leader….” We approach the door with every step. “I despise that word. Leader.”

“Oh?” I ask, intrigued. “And why’s that?”

“..You really think I’d tell you….after this stunt you’re pulling?”

“Well, even if you did, I doubt I’d listen anyway. I wouldn’t want to miss my train.”

“Huh?” Alec acts slightly confused towards my comment, but soon forgets it as I push him over and lands face first on the ground. I turn around, open the door and climb in. I spy the keys still in the ignition and rev the engine. Glancing to the mirror, I could see Alec getting helped up by his friend and M4 running in my direction. Huh. Guess objects in mirror are more gullible than they appear. Before I step on the gas, my mind floods with images of Santiago and his injury. Why had they done that? Why save them and then chop off one of their limbs, a kid’s no less?! My vision was blinded by rage, and I could see the three of them making their way to the SUV. I look to the passenger’s side and pick up the M4. I open the window next to me and poke my head out of it. I carefully aim...and then fire.

Alec

Usui opened the back of the SUV and I cringed. He looked over the contents of the trunk, eyeing over every little detail. He then picked up his sword and stared at it, watching the blood drip down off it.

“Hey, Usui, you ok? I know this is probably freaking you out, but I can explain it all-” I didn’t get to finish my sentence before he pushed me to the ground and held me in place with his weapon.

Clover screamed, and Jake ran over to us, aiming his M4 at Usui. Usui just stared in his direction, then looked me in the eyes. His eyes were cold and dark, as if someone had extinguished the light that were in them mere moments ago.

I attempted to warn Jake about pointing his weapon on a madman like him. “Jake, for godsakes, lower the gun!”

“But if I do that-”

“Goddamnit Jake, that’s an order! Stop pointing that at hi- Gah!” I felt a sharp pain in my throat as Usui pushed his blade in deeper. I could see blood pouring onto my chest.

“If I were you, I’d listen to him, unless you want an Alec-kabob. I’m quite effective at utilizing this weapon, and I’m capable of defending myself with hand-to-hand combat. You don’t stand a chance against me.”

The narsassistic tone in his voice pissed me off. Jake complied, but that wasn’t good enough for Usui.

“On second thoughts, place that wonderful weapon in the SUV. After that, enjoy some rest sitting by that tree over there.” He pointed to a tree, maybe five yards away. Jake glared at him, and Usui took this as a sign of disobedience. He kicked me in my right side and closed the SUV’s trunk within a small time frame. I tried curling up in pain, but the sword at my throat wouldn’t allow it. Jake spits on the ground and walks to the SUV, throws his gun inside, and walks off to the forest. I saw Usui stare at Clover next, who put her arms up in fear and backed off.

“Good, good. Atleast your group knows how to take orders. You’ve trained them well.”He picks me up by the collar and quickly holds me prisoner. “Quite the leader, aren’t you?”

I cough before answering. “I’m no one’s..fucking leader….” We approach the door with every step. “I despise that word. Leader.”

“Oh?” He asked. “And why’s that?”

“..You really think I’d tell you….after this stunt you’re pulling?”

“Well, even if you did, I doubt I’d listen anyway. I wouldn’t want to miss my train.”

“Huh?” After reacting to his bizzare statement, he pushes me aside and I land upon the ground in pain. Clover runs over to me and helps pick my crumpled body off the dirt. Jake runs over to us, and we all turn to face the SUV. Usui must’ve planned his all in his head, because the next thing staring at us was the barrel of a gun.

1)Dodge right

2)Jump left

3)Drop down

Large part with one vote today, hope this makes up for last time. Voting ends at 5 PM on Sunday. Happy voting!

• 1( dodge right

Great part!

Usui The moment I popped open the trunk, I regretted it. Santiago was on his back with his eyes closed, as if he was dreaming peacefully.

• 2)Jump left

Usui The moment I popped open the trunk, I regretted it. Santiago was on his back with his eyes closed, as if he was dreaming peacefully.

• Hmmm :)

Jump Left

• 2)Jump left

• 3)Drop down

I fucking unfollowed this. Damn. Kobe.

• 2)Jump left

• 3)Drop down

Drop shots tho.

• Ah, looks like the gang's all here! Wonderful.

I'm sure Alex is lurking here as we speak, as well. :P

• VOTING HAS ENDED!

Alec will jump left!

• Alec

Matrix!

I didn’t have enough time to think. As soon as that M4 poked out of the window, I darted left.

BOOM!

I hit the ground, still hurting from my injuries. I tried getting up, but something heavy was on top of me. It kept me from getting back up, and I fell under the weight. I could barely breathe. Just before I passed out, the weight on top of me was lifted. I felt a firm grip on my shoulder as I was lifted up. I looked at the face of my rescuer. It was Jake. His face was twisted with anger as he stared at the SUV disappearing into the distance. Which means… I turned my head towards the ground. The feminine body was slumped over, as if in deep sleep. Blood splatter could be seen around the grass, and a pool started to form from her head. There was no doubt about it, Clover was dead. Shot to death by a man they had both helped hours ago. I curled my fists in anger. Why had it been her? She was a valuable asset to this mission, without her they couldn’t bandage themselves up. Jake brushed his hair with a free hand and looked around.

“What now?” He asked in his usual, gruff voice.

I took a look around us. It didn’t matter what happened, only one thing mattered at this point. “We do our job.”

“What?! With only the two of us? There’s too much ground to cover! Let’s just fucking leave.”

I shook my head. “You know as well as I do that we can’t. Just..take care of the body. Bury it, cover it, I don’t care what you do. Just do it. I’ll go alone for awhile.”

Jake sighed and knelt over the body. “..So, what direction are you heading? I’d like to catch up to you later.”

1)”I’m checking out that brick house.”

2)”I’ll look by the rubble over there.”

3)”I guess I’ll go over to the stone building.”

Daria Tuma

It had been maybe a few hours since I last took a break. I’d been running for hours, trying to distance myself. But they won’t stop. If that wasn’t bad enough, those ferocious things keep coming back. I hid myself away last time, but it won’t fool them. Not all monsters can be fooled. It’s ok though, I had a plan. By sunset I would run further, and perhaps they would stop. Atleast, I hoped so. I stayed curled in a ball against the cold wall, keeping an eye on the doors and an ear open at all times. My stomach growled. I hadn’t eaten since..it happened. I twisted my fingers around my black hijab. Whenever I got frightened, I would hold this cloth until the moment passed. It was like a good luck charm to me. I felt drowsy all of a sudden..Perhaps it was due to my lack of sleep? I felt my eyelids getting further and further downward.....My grip on the cloth was released, and I let go…

BOOM!

A loud crackle quickly woke me from my slumber. I looked at a hole in the ceiling. It had gotten darker since then. Why had I slept?! There was no telling when I could’ve been in danger. I peeked out of the corner, but before I could see what was out there I heard growling. I pushed myself under some wooden furniture and rocks, like I had before. They shuffled on by, taking no notice of my presence. When the coast was clear, I got back up. I had to think of a new plan, and quick.

1)Run to the next building.

2)Sneak out the back.

3)Wait it out.

Santiago

Everything was dark.

The last thing I remembered was waving at Sebastian, trying to catch his attention. I..think I fell down, then I saw Usui’s sword. I felt my head. It was hot, but I didn’t feel sick. A light shimmered in the distance. I stumbled forward just a bit, curious but also careful. Two figures moved out of the darkness. Their bodies were grey, but their voices..

Their voices were all too familiar.

“Santiago..why? Why did you leave us?” The taller figure reached his arm out, but jerked it back soon after.

“You left us behind….my own child..” The other figure had its hands pressed against its face.

I felt my stomach turn. "I am sorry I...I didn't mean it..!"

The two wailed in agony.

“I should’ve known this would happen..ever since the TV incident, you’ve always HATED us!” He raised his arms and brought them down in an angry manner.

“We didn’t hate you for that, son! We only wanted what's best for you….But you KILLED us!” She started crying.

“I didn’t mean to! There wasn’t enough time, and Daniel-”

“DANIEL!” The two said in unison. “He’s not to blame! He didn’t leave us..YOU DID!”

They both pointed at me. Suddenly, I felt a burning pain in my leg. I gripped it with both hands. Suddenly, the light disappeared. I looked up just in time to see the whole world light up. The two silhouettes that used to be my parents were no longer grey. Their bodies were rotten, their flesh hung off the bone. Some limbs were missing, but one feature remained grey. Their eyes. The eyes stared at me, and I felt their hunger pierce through my soul.

“YOU LEFT US BEHIND! NOW YOU’LL KNOW HOW IT FEELS…”

They closed in and I tried to run, but my feet were frozen in place. They kept getting closer.

And closer.

And closer still.

"Hmmmm...It's time for the next part. I should probably start it-" Teacher runs in room and throws textbooks at me "No, you won't."

Voting ends Thursday at 5 PM. Happy voting!

• 3) and for Daria 1)

Alec Matrix! I didn’t have enough time to think. As soon as that M4 poked out of the window, I darted left. BOOM! I hit the grou

• 1)”I’m checking out that brick house.”

1)Run to the next building.

Alec Matrix! I didn’t have enough time to think. As soon as that M4 poked out of the window, I darted left. BOOM! I hit the grou

• 3)”I guess I’ll go over to the stone building.”

2)Sneak out the back.

Great chapter!

• 3)”I guess I’ll go over to the stone building.”

3)Wait it out.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.