River that's Run Red [Interactive TWD Story,Chatacter Submission Open, Chapter 2]

Comments

• Also:

I also heard screams from outside. Is this happening out there, too?

NHL chooses to run outside

This was basically to get the reader to consider their choices carefully. Pro did this is his aswell near the end, where I accidentally murdered a girl by choosing to jump out of the window that was on the 2nd story. I didn't know it was on the 2nd story. Just a friendly warning for you all ;)

Btw don't feel bad for picking 3, that's not the intention lol

NoHopeLeft posted: »

.>.> <.< Something that I might have over looked...

• I don't feel bad about picking it, I'm staying true to my choices. If he dies because of it-- Wait.. Did you just hint at it being at the second floor, or am I just getting paranoid?

BlueShadiw posted: »

Also: I also heard screams from outside. Is this happening out there, too? NHL chooses to run outside This was basically to

• “Shit, I just had to have the ground floor, didn't I?”

I dunno. You tell me.

I don't feel bad about picking it, I'm staying true to my choices. If he dies because of it-- Wait.. Did you just hint at it being at the second floor, or am I just getting paranoid?

• Well, I'm going crazy.

“Shit, I just had to have the ground floor, didn't I?” I dunno. You tell me.

• 2) Open the window

Miles Shearman Run for it! As I look around for a weapon, I find that the front door is wide open and unoccupied. I sprint to it, hear

• Agreed the event happen pretty fast... is giving me impression that is some short of The X-Files episode

Well, I'm going crazy.

• 2.) Open the window

Great chapter!!

Miles Shearman Run for it! As I look around for a weapon, I find that the front door is wide open and unoccupied. I sprint to it, hear

• 3) Throw the vase

Awesome Chapter!!!

• Voting will end in 20 minutes!

Has everyone settled on their choices yet? :P

• Open the window and jump

• VOTING HAS ENDED!

Sebastian will open the window and escape!

• Miles

We were driving to my apartment block with James’s truck that he parked in back. I started to give him instructions on where to go, and we steered clear of anything that looked remotely shady. After driving for what seemed like forever, James spoke.

“Open that glove box there, Miles.” I clicked the glove box open and inside was a hunting knife which was accompanied with a small pistol. “Check the clip, I don’t think these things listen to reason and I’d rather have a backup option.” After taking the clip off I found that the gun stored 10 bullets.
    “So I’m guessing you want the gun and not the knife then?” I asked. James nodded, and I handed it to him.

“Feel free to use that knife if you want something too. Do you know how to use one?” He questioned.

“Yes, I do, although I’d much rather keep my distance.” I answered. “My dad always took me hunting every year, but I was so bad at it that he just taught me the basics.” I look back at James, whose head is now down. I saw that he was clutching a small, blue necklace and turned his attention back to the road, sighing.

“Hey, you ok? Was it something I said?” I asked.

“No, it’s nothing. Forget about it.” He replied.

A few more minutes later we arrived at my apartment block, where we climbed the stairs to my room. I took the keys out of my pocket and unlocked the door, then we stepped inside.

“Take anything we need, especially food.” I told James, who holstered his gun and started to walk around. I opened the fridge and took the bags I kept next to it, filling each as much as I could. James walked to the end of my room and grabbed some of my clothes that were in my closet, then brought them to me.

“Here, put these on. The ones you have on at the moment might get snagged or grabbed. I’ll rip the rest up into bandages.”

I took the clothes that he handed me and walked into the bathroom. Blue jeans, a white shirt, and my favorite green hoodie. After I was done changing I handed my old attire to James. Just then, I heard a banging sound come from outside.

“I’ll check it out. Get ready to help me grab the supplies incase things go south.” I told him.

James nodded and I exited my apartment. As I walked down the stairs I took out my knife, and approached the echoing sound. When I got closer I noticed a trashcan being thrown here there and everywhere by the dead ones. “What the?” I mumbled. “Why would they be so damn interested in a trash can...unless…”

Just then, I heard the echoing sound of a gunshot and looked behind me. The corpse of one of those things fell to the ground with a bullet in its head. Looking up, I saw James with his gun pointed in my direction, who then shouted; “Look out!” As he pointed behind me.

All of the dead ones that were fiddling with the trash can suddenly looked at me and started making a mad dash to get first dibs. “Get the supplies!” I yell, running back to James's truck. I felt someone grab my ankle as I hit the ground. Reaching for the knife that was knocked from me, I stab my attacker right in the head. The wound makes a gross squish sound as I retract my weapon, then get up. Sneaky bastard was under the damn truck… I thought. James runs back with the three bags intact and I open the door for him. Taking another shot, he nails a second one. I run to the passenger side and slam the door behind me. James turns the truck on and tries to reverse, but we stay in place.

“Fuck! Why won’t it go!” James says. “Shit... it must be the body of that one I killed earlier!” I respond.

As I look up I see our oppressors getting closer and closer until they’re practically on top of us.

“Must go faster!” I yell in a tremulous voice. “I know!” James yells back. He spins the truck around, which crushes a few dead ones and we go as fast as we can, the horde behind us getting smaller and smaller in the distance.

Sebastian

Open the window

I looked around for a solution to my situation, and noticed a small window that led to the alley next to my room. I took hold of the edge and pulled it upwards, then squeezed myself out of it. When I was safely out, I shut it behind me right before one lunged at it with a gaping maw.

I examined my surroundings. The alley was empty for the most part, the only exception being a lone trashcan. “Oh man...too close..” I said. Apparently I was heard, because at the end of the alley four more popped up, who noticed me and slowly approached. I back up, and my foot hit a metal pipe of some sort. I grab it and try to stab one of them with it. It hits, and the guy is impaled in the chest. He keeps on going, however, even with his injury. It’s like these things can’t feel! I thought. But they certainly CAN taste...

As I retract my weapon of choice, the small window that served as my rescuer was now my undoing. It had broken from the repeated attacks of the dead. Bodies started pouring out of it like a faucet. Turning around to check my flank, I found that this was a dead end.

This is how I am going to die, isn't it? I thought angrily. I’m going to die in an alley all by myself with nothing but a piece of pipe and a trash can. And I couldn't do anything about it.

The dead got closer.

Elvira Gallo

“Stay back! Jonathan, help me with that box!” A voice said. “Got it!” The man replied, who pushed the box in front of the door. “Alright, that should hold them for now, but we gotta go!” The voice from earlier said urgently. “Everyone get to the back of the room, I saw a door earlier, we can escape from there.”

I ran with the rest of the group, which was comprised of four men, three women, and three kids. I look at the man who helped earlier, who was a SWAT member named Quirk.

“Thanks for earlier, we would've died in that street if you didn't show up to help.” “Don’t mention it, it’s my job.” He responded. The man named Jonathan from earlier spoke up. “This is where your team was waiting, right? Where we’ll be evacuated?” Quirk nodded. “They’ll be there.”

“And if they’re not?” He asked. Quirk stopped walking and looked at him. “They’ll be there. They’re too well armed to just die, and they’re not going to abandon their post.” He paused.

“They’ll be there.”

Jonathan turned and walked back to the end of the group. “We got about half an hour to an hours walk to the rescue point. It’s gonna be a long trip.” Quirk told us.

Quirk was walking alone, checking the surroundings every now and then. A woman was walking with her child, who was being carried by her. Johnathan was talking to a woman and her two kids, and Jonathan looked concerned. I wasn't quite sure what Thomas was doing, but I left him be. Last but not least was the most quiet of the group, who no one seemed to know.

It’s gonna take quite some time to get to a safe place, and we would be attacked at any time...maybe I should chat with one of the others to get my mind off of it.

1)Talk to Quirk

2)Talk to the woman with the child

3)Talk to Jonathan

4)Talk to unknown man

5)Keep to yourself

Voting will end at the usual time. I know this is pretty long for only one choice, but the next parts will have multiple choices :)

• 4)Talk to unknown man

Miles We were driving to my apartment block with James’s truck that he parked in back. I started to give him instructions on where to go,

• 4)Talk to unknown man If is unknown we should meet him XD

Miles We were driving to my apartment block with James’s truck that he parked in back. I started to give him instructions on where to go,

• 4)Talk to unknown man

Great part, I'm loving the writing for so. Keep up the great work. :)

• Well, technically everyone is unknown if they're not listed by name xD

supersagig posted: »

4)Talk to unknown man If is unknown we should meet him XD

• 4)Talk to unknown man

• Talk to unknown man

Great chapter!!

• edited March 2015

VOTING HAS ENDED!

Elvira will talk to the mysterious man...which means...

My second character will be made early! Lucky pick :)

Name, Age, Gender, Short Bio

Greg Colass. Male, age 28.

Personality

Greg is an impatient person half of the time, the other half being a mix between competitive and selfish. When he vows to help someone close to him however, he doesn't back down.

Appearance: Eye color? Hair color? What are they wearing?

Greg has green eyes with short black hair. He wears a long sleeved black shirt with brown pants and wears a light blue cap on his head.

Anything more about your character: Weapon of choice, backstory, anything else you’d like to add, ect.

Greg got seperated from his family amid the chaos, but didn't look for them. He knew that the odds of them surviving alone were zero to none, so he instead focused only on surviving and helping those in his group. He is proficient with a rifle and knows how to track both humans and animals.

• edited March 2015

Jerry Stewart

“Got one on your right.” A woman’s voice said, as she pointed in that direction.

“I got it.” I responded, taking the mashotgun off my back and walking right up to the monster. BOOM. No chance of him coming back. I holster my weapon and continue walking up the road.

“So how far was that evac point again, Sasha?” I ask, checking my watch. “It’s getting light soon.”

Sasha takes off her backpack and opens it, revealing that it contained a map, compass, and a few bottles of water. She took out the map and pointed to the drugstore in front of us. “See that?” She asks, then points to the map. “That is here. And the evac point is all the way over there, on the other side of town.”

I sigh. “When they said they’d evacuate those on the outskirts, I never thought they’d chicken out and only help one side. Just our luck.” I pause while I scout out the next street. “Never should’ve visited that police station to see if anyone was there. We almost died.”

Sasha looks at her SMG, then back to the street. “Can’t say we made out empty handed, though. It wasn’t totally worthless.”

I smile. “Nope, I guess not. I just don’t want to take unnecessary risks in the fut-” Suddenly Sasha pushes me up against the wall and places her finger on her lips.

“What the FUCK do you mean, it’s empty?! Where’d it go then?” I heard someone shout angrily.

“How should I know man? Anyone could’ve taken it while we were gone. I told you we should’ve placed a lookout!” Another voice called out.

“Guys, we’re in deep shit. The boss cut off Joe's legs for just leaving a bag of food behind! What the hell is he gonna do to us when he finds out someone took our guns we loaned from him?”

They started walking towards our position. One guy had a beanie on and was the next to speak. “He’ll probably feed us to those...things..I’m not sure I want to go back now.” We crouched behind a crashed truck, and Sasha looked around.

“We need to find a way out of here and fast…” She said.

“I don’t know Sasha, maybe if we wait long enough they’ll just- Agh!” One of those monsters grabbed me from inside the car and started to pull me in. It had me about half an inch from its mouth when Sasha took her SMG and shot it right between the eyes.

The shot rang out.

Suddenly the people who were talking earlier looked at the truck and took out their guns. The one that looked like he was leading them jumped behind a barricade made of crashed cars, and started shooting at us with his pistol. “You assholes took our shit, now we’re gonna take YOUR shit!” He yelled at us. The one closest to their spot jumped inside of a car for cover and did the same. Another ran straight for us, but Sasha shot at his legs and he fell. “Zack, no!” One of them said. Before she could finish him off, she was pinned down by the others. He grunted with agony before crawling underneath a car. The last one didn’t have a gun, and jumped behind the same car as the first. He had something in his hands, but I couldn’t quite make it out.

“This is bad, my mashotgun can’t reach that far!” I told Sasha. “Just tell me where to shoot, then! You’re the smart one, right?”

The situation was getting worse and all this noise was sure to attract unwanted attention. I had to choose carefully.

1)“Sasha, shoot the one behind the car!”

2)“Sasha, take out the one under the car!”

3)“Sasha, go for the one sitting in that car!”

4)“Sasha, try to nail the one without a gun!”

5)“Sasha, try to do your best!”

Elvira

Chat with the unknown man

I walked over to the man whom no one was talking to. He was wearing a long sleeved black shirt with brown pants. On his head was a light blue cap. “Hey there,” I said when I reached him. He merely kept his eyes ahead and waved. “What’s up?”

He stared at me. “What do you mean, ‘What’s up’? I’m walking through the forest with a bunch of strangers with strange monsters that could come out of the woodwork at any moment and eat me alive. That’s ‘what’s up’.” He turned his attention back to the path.

“Sorry.” I say. “I didn’t mean anything bad about it. I just thought you were lonely, that’s all.”

“Yeah, well, I don’t really like company all that much. Didn’t work out for me before, won’t work now.” The man said. “...But thanks for trying.”
    “Could I atleast get a name from Mr Unknown?” I joke. He turns his attention back to me.

“Greg Colass. That’s C-O-L-A-S-S.” I nodded. After that Thomas called me to the back of the group.

(?) Greg will remember you chose to speak with him.

“Hey there, Elvira. have a nice and friendly chat with Mr Unknown?” He chuckles.

“As a matter of fact, I did. It turns out that he has a name after all. It’s Greg.” I answer.

“Greg, huh? Weird name for such a strange guy.” He muttered. “Oh, by the way, about earlier…”

“About not being able to get home in time?” I look at him. “It’s ok, Thomas. We didn’t have any other choice, I see that now.” He shakes his head.
    “If I had chosen to go there first instead of trying to help those strangers…” I interrupt him.

“Hey, you saved those girls’s lives. Don’t ever forget that. They would’ve died without our help. Your choice wasn’t the thing that..that killed my mother.”

Thomas stops staring at the ground and looks at me. “Elvira, I’m-”

Quirk stops the others in front and motions towards the bushes. “Get down, now!” He quietly orders. We all did so, and what we saw was utterly terrifying.

Cars started to drive past us in droves, but the strange thing was that it was driving away from the direction Quirk’s squad was stationed, not towards it. About 3 cars passed, and the fourth and last vehicle was a jeep with a turret on top of it. Before they turned the corner I saw a man stick out of the top of it and start shooting at random into the air.

Quirk got us all up and ordered us to continue on at a faster pace. “Those morons are gonna attract half of the city to them.” He grumbled. "How'd they get so far being so damn noisy like that anyway?"

“But if they wanted to attract them, why drive through the city?” The woman with the child asked. “Surely if they wanted to draw attention they’d try to get them out of it, right?”

Quirk’s face turned from that of irritability to a face of pure horror. He started sprinting on the path by himself, and we all followed.

“Hey, Quirk! Quirk! Stop it, you’re gonna get separated man!” Jonathan yelled.

“Just perfect…” Greg said to himself. “Our ‘savior’ has just abandoned us.” He adjusted his cap. “Anyway, it’s his funeral. According to the directions he gave us the evac point isn’t far from where we are.”

“Well, someone’s gonna have to help find him, we can’t leave him like this!” I protest.

The group looks at me and then at eachother. “If no one will, then I’ll go!” I proclaim.

Thomas spoke up. “Not everyone can go looking for him, and we can’t send one person to go alone out there, defenseless. Who do you want as backup?”

1)Thomas

2)Jonathan

3)Greg

4)The woman that has the child

Usui Ousawa

As I pushed the wheelchair along the dark and decrepit halls of the abandoned store, I heard a voice speak out.

“What do you think we should grab, Usui?”

“I dunno. Anything that hasn’t been nailed to the floor or nabbed already.” I reply.

A groan is heard in the aisle to our left. “Don’t worry, I got it Shino.” I tell her. The creature hears my loud footsteps on the marble floor and turns to face me. I stand still and let it get close, then grab it and throw it to the floor. As it tries to get up, I smash its head in with my foot. Looking at my blood soaked shoe, I spot a box of crackers on the shelf next to me. I hand them to Shino, then continue to push her along.

“Thanks.” She says, opening the box and eating one.

As I push her out of the store, I try to initiate conversation. “That’s the only thing that I could find.” She sighs. “Well, where to next? Should we try that evac point, or do you want to fiddle around with scavenging some more?”

“Whatever you want.” I tell her. She didn’t like that answer.

“Look Usui, you’re not going to get anywhere in this world when you continue to be indecisive like this! Especially like it is now…” She looks down. “I just don’t want to be unprepared…”

“Ok, fine. If it’ll make you happy I’ll choose where we go next.” I reply.

1)“Let’s go see what we can find at the hardware store.”

2)”Maybe they’ll be something of use in the police station around here.”

3)”We’ve fiddled around with this for far too long. Let’s go find that evac point.”

Voting will end at 4:30 PM tomorrow. Have a fun time with this one :)

• edited March 2015

5)“Sasha, try to do your best!” THE BESSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

4)The woman that has the child We don´t know her and is in case the person who goes dies so we don´t have Greg or Jonathan dying

1)“Let’s go see what we can find at the hardware store.” Cause why not?

Awesome Chapter!!!

Jerry Stewart “Got one on your right.” A woman’s voice said, as she pointed in that direction. “I got it.” I responded, taking the mas

• edited March 2015

5)“Sasha, try to do your best!”

3)Greg

Jerry Stewart “Got one on your right.” A woman’s voice said, as she pointed in that direction. “I got it.” I responded, taking the mas

• Pssst

Th- there's a third option. xP

5)“Sasha, try to do your best!” 3)Greg 2)”Maybe they’ll be something of use in the police station around here.”

• .>.>

<.<

Pssst Th- there's a third option. xP

• 3)“Sasha, go for the sitting in that car!”

1)Thomas

Great to see Jerry and Sasha.

1. Shoot the one behind the car

2. Thomas

3. Maybe they have something at the police station

• VOTING HAS ENDED!

Sasha will try her best.

Elvira will bring Thomas with her.

Usui and Shino will go to the police station.

So, now that we're 4 parts in, what do you think of the story so far?

Who is your favorite character and why?

Who is your least favorite and why?

What do you think will happen in the story?

Do you have any criticism of my writing style at the moment?

• Both 1 and 2: to early to tell

3.) Shits going to hit the fan

4.) Nah, your writing is cool.

VOTING HAS ENDED! Sasha will try her best. Elvira will bring Thomas with her. Usui and Shino will go to the police station. So,

• 1 and 2: It's too early to tell, but right now all of the characters are pretty likable. So far none of the characters have done anything that would make me dislike them.

3: Hopefully Sebastian will hid in the trash can. I'd say it's a little too early for rival groups to start fighting among themselves. But general group distrust/arguments would be cool as long as it's believable to degree.

4: Your writing as been great! I don't really have any suggestions, but maybe make the choices more visible by making them bold.

VOTING HAS ENDED! Sasha will try her best. Elvira will bring Thomas with her. Usui and Shino will go to the police station. So,

1. Too eraly to tell
    2. The same as 1
    3. Death
    4. Nope.

• Santiago Martinez

“Is it safe to come out now?” Daniel asked. “Yeah.” I replied. As Daniel crawled out of the bushes, I looked in the direction where the truck sped off to.“It seems whoever came in that truck scared the rest of them off.” A few minutes earlier, while my brother Daniel and I were looking for someplace to rest, a truck drove past us and stopped in front of one of the apartments. They moved fast, so I couldn’t see what they looked like exactly, but one came out wearing something green and the other had a gun. “They looked like they could handle themselves, I wish there was enough time for us to ask them for help..” Daniel said. “Well, maybe it’s for the best. You saw how that guy almost died back there. Cmon, lets see if the door’s unlocked.” I told him, walking into the alley.

Suddenly I hear a large clanging noise from the other end of the alleyway. Reaching for my pocket, I pull out the gun I found earlier.

“Hey, you don’t know how to use that!” Daniel pouted. “What if you get hurt?”

“Would you rather us get eaten like the others?” I ask. He looks down and shakes his head.

“Ok then. Let’s go.” We walk side by side down the dark alley, making sure each corpse we pass is indeed dead. When we reach the source of the sound, we are greeted with a metal trashcan moving back and forth. Perplexed, I kick it.

“Ow!” The trashcan said. “What was that for?”

“Santiago, it’s a talking trashcan!” Daniel says, amazed.

“No, it’s not. It’s probably someone that’s in there. Get out. Now.” I order it.

“Ok, ok, jeez. Lemme get this lid off first, it’s crushed to hell.” The lid flies off with a loud bang, and a man with light blonde hair climbs out. He is wearing some kind of suit, and turns to us.

“Was it you that distracted those things earlier?” He asks. “I don’t know what would’ve happened if…” He quickly becomes apparent of the gun I’m pointing at him.

“How’s about you just uh, put that down? For a second?” He says, walking to us with his hands up.

“We don’t know you, you could hurt us.” I reply.

“I don’t even have a weapon, what could I possibly do to you?” He gets closer.

I aim the gun higher. “Back off. I’m not afraid to shoot you.” My arms started trembling. Daniel looked at me with a concerned face.

He cocks his head. “But you won’t. I know you won’t.” He replies. He gets a foot away from us and I look away, pulling the trigger.

Nothing happened?

As I look back, the man has his arms covering his face. Realizing that the gun didn’t shoot, he sighs. He gently takes the gun from me and displays it to me. He clicks something on it, and finally talks. “Safety was on. That’s how I know you couldn’t do it.”

“H-huh…” I mutter.

“Santiago, was it?” He asks while looking at me. He then turns to Daniel. “And you are?”

“I’m Daniel.” He answers cheerfully.

“Santiago and Daniel. You don’t look like you’re from around here, chose a bad time to visit it seems..” He looks around. “Oh! My name’s uh, Sebastian by the way.”

“Can I have my gun back now?” I ask impatiently. He shakes his head.

“You don’t even know how to use this. I bet you don’t even know the name of it. Where’d you get this, anyway?”

“I do so know the name of it...it’s called a pistol. And I found it sitting on a car next to another one, but I dropped the other one on the way here.”
    He sighs. "Well, there’s an evac point not far from here.” Daniel looks at him, totally unaware of what exactly an ‘evac point’ was. “It’s like, a safe place. Without any monsters.” I tell him. “Right?”

The man nods. “You’ll be safer with me than alone, I’ll take you there. I have experience with guns, so I’ll keep this for now. When we find another I’ll teach you at the evac point if that’s ok with you.”

“Sure. Let’s get out of here.” I answer.

As we leave the apartments to go further into the city, Sebastian looks back at me and smiles.

“It’s called a Glock, by the way.”

Miles

After we looted what was left from my apartment, James told me that he had family along the outskirts of the city. “We gotta get to them.” He kept saying to himself every block we passed. “They’re all by themselves out there…”

“Maybe they were already evacuated?” I say in a soft-spoken tone. “Can’t hurt to check though.” He takes a sharp turn to the right to avoid running into the walking corpses. I stare at them for awhile, and turn back to James.

“What do you think we should call em?” I ask.

“Huh?” He reacts dumbfoundedly.

“Those things. We can’t keep calling them ‘dead ones’ or ‘monsters’ forever ya know.”

He sighs. “It’s not that big of a deal to me. Won’t get too attached to one anytime soon.”

“Not human names, dude. I was thinking more like a general group terms. I’ve been thinking of calling them ‘walkers’. They walk all the time instead of run, and all they do is eat, so they can’t protest about it.”

James laughs. “That’s clever, I gotta admit that.” The tires come to a halt as we stop next to a damaged house, with the door wide open. “Oh shit.” James mutters in a tight voice.

He opens the truck’s door and runs right into the house. I do the same, but stop at the porch to examine the scene. The door had claw marks on it, and what seemed like the remains of a cat was sprawled along the steps. “Oh, come on. That’s just disgusting.” I say to myself.

Walking inside, I see James slumped on the floor, staring at two dead bodies. When I got closer, they looked like twin girls. Both were shot in the head with bloodstains all over the carpet.

“Jesus Christ…” I say while turning away.

“They were just kids. Just kids, man. Who the fuck would do this to a CHILD?!”

“I’m not sure man. There’s a lot of fucked up people in the world. I’m sorry for your loss.” I somehow manage to stutter. “Maybe if we get a closer look at them we can find out?” I ask.

“I don’t know. I kinda feel like being left alone at the minute.” He got up and sat against the wall. “Do whatever you want.” He took out his necklace from before and held it in his hand.

1)Try to comfort James

2)Wait outside for him

3)Examine the bodies for clues

Elvira

Take Thomas

“I’ll take Thomas with me.” I told everyone after a few moments. “Make sure you bring your hatchet.” I tell him. “Yep.” He responds, walking towards me.

“Jonathan, Greg, take care of the others while we’re gone. We’re coming back with Quirk.” I announce. “Got it.” Jonathan says. Greg simply nods.

“Be careful out there.” The woman with the child tells me. “I don’t think we’ve met, by the way. My name’s Josephine.” She smiles and holds out her hand. I take it and shake it. “Elvira. And who is this little guy?” I ask, bending down to his eye level. “That’s Jose.” She answers. “His father…”
    I shake my head. “It’s ok. We’re gonna go get Quirk and then we’ll find that evac point, don’t you worry.”

“Thank you.” She responds, tears in her eyes.

I turn away and start walking into the woods with Thomas.

After about ten minutes of walking and listening, Thomas looks at me. “What do you think got Quirk so spooked? I’ve never seen him like that since...well...never. I didn’t think he was the type that got scared easily.”

“Exactly.” I reply. “That’s why I’m frightened. If Quirk doesn’t get scared easily, that means that whatever made him run all the way up here has got to be bad. And I mean BAD.”

I hear the bushes ahead of us rustle, and Thomas runs to it. Taking his hatchet out, he swings.
    “Wait Thomas! It could be-”

Crunch! Thomas pulls his hatchet out and throws the corpse of one of those things out of the way.

“Damn! Good eye.” I tell him. I almost thought that could’ve been a person. What gave it away?” I ask.

“You couldn’t smell his stench from here?” He asks, bewildered. “A guy could go without a hundred showers and never smell that bad.”

I chuckle. “Good, I won’t have to worry about that later on down the road then. Come on, we gotta cover more ground.”

We walk a few more feet before hearing a scream.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

“Shit! Was that Quirk?!” Thomas asked, looking around.

“I don’t know! It definitely sounded like a guy though.”

“A living guy.” He adds. “Which was was it?”

Shit, there’s too much area to check! He can’t be far, but we have to hurry!

1)Go left

2)Go right

3)Go straight

4)Go around

5)Split up

• Death

Alt text

supersagig posted: »

* Too eraly to tell * The same as 1 * Death * Nope.

• 2)Wait outside for him

5)Split up

Santiago Martinez “Is it safe to come out now?” Daniel asked. “Yeah.” I replied. As Daniel crawled out of the bushes, I looked in the dir

• Wait outside

Split up

Great chapter!!

Santiago Martinez “Is it safe to come out now?” Daniel asked. “Yeah.” I replied. As Daniel crawled out of the bushes, I looked in the dir

• 3)Examine the bodies for clues They were shot in the head. They aren´t gonna turn.

5)Split up

Awesome Chapter!!!

• 3)Examine the bodies for clues

5)Split up

• 3)Examine the bodies for clues

5)Split up

• VOTING HAS ENDED!

Miles will examine the bodies!

Elvira will tell Thomas to split up.

Sorry for the wait, had some stuff I had to attend to :)

• edited March 2015

Usui

Search the police station

”Maybe they’ll be something of use in the police station around here.” I said after mulling it over for awhile.

“That sounds like a fantastic idea.” She says with a smile. “Then after that we can get going to where everyone’s being taken to.” I push her along while examining our surroundings for anywhere those things could be when I heard a clicking noise.

“Hm?” Shino says while bending downward. “It’s a gun.”She says when getting back up.

She hands it to me and I take out the clip. “Good find, it’s got 10 rounds left.” I announce.

“Don’t thank me, you’re the one who wanted to go in this direction.” Shino tells me. “We would’ve passed this if we went anywhere else. Great decision making!” She adds.

I shrug and place it in my empty holster. “Great. This gun’s a start for making up for the weapons I had to leave behind.”

“Oh, stop beating yourself up over it. It couldn’t be helped.” Shino scolds. “Be thankful for what you’ve got.”

I laugh. “You’re starting to sound a lot like grandfather now. Sooner or later you’ll start mumbling on about mythical swords.”

“Hey! I loved those stories!”

“Whatever. Let’s get going, I’m itching to see what lies in store for us in that station.” I start rubbing my hands together with excitement.

About an hour later the sun came across the horrizon and bathed the land in beautiful warmth. We had arrived at the station by then but it was crawling with monsters.

“There’s too many...not even you could take all of them out Usui.” Shino looked concerned.

“No harm in trying.” I replied, smiling.

“Alright, but please, please be careful. If anything happens don’t forget that this street is empty, we can escape at any time.”

I lift her up off her wheelchair and place her on top of a relatively tall truck. “No chance of them getting you up there in the meantime.” I tell her.

“I hope so.” She says while looking over her shoulder. As I walk away she speaks up again. “Usui, wait! What’s your plan, exactly?”

I scratched my head. “I just thought I’d wing it this time.” I could swear that I saw fire in her eyes after that comment.

“Wing it?! What if you get hurt or die out there? You need to at least come up with a scenario in your head before going on!” Shino looks back at the station, watching one of those things knock over a trashcan and the rest take notice. “Ok, I’ll think of something.” I mutter.

1)Sneak in

2)Bust in

3)Create a distraction

Jerry

Do your best, Sasha.

“Just do your best, Sasha!” I tell her immediately afterwards.

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?!” She asks, exchanging rounds with the bandits. “That’s not really a target!"

“I dunno, just...keep them occupied I guess! I’ll go around.” Sasha nods. “Alright. Just be careful. On the count of three. One...Two...Three!”

Sasha gets up and starts to spray the area next to the bandits full of holes. I quickly dash to the car ahead of us and take out my mashotgun. Looking around, I only see the two shooting at Sasha, who haven’t noticed I moved, and the other one without a gun who looked like he was hunched over. Wait...wasn’t there four? I ask myself. I look under the car where the last bandit was and there was a blood trail leading to the alley. Taking advantage of Sasha’s distraction, I rush into the alley to finish him off. What I saw was exactly what I feared. The guy was being torn apart by a small group of monsters while shooting in the air in blind panic.

Shit, no one even noticed that he was taken away… I thought. When the bandit finally stopped struggling, four that didn’t get a bite turned to me and started advancing. I ran the other way and jumped over another car to get closer to the bandits. “Cover me dude, I gotta reload!” The one in the truck told his buddy.

“Sasha! The one in the car is reloading! Take him out!” I shouted while shooting at the other bandit. “Whuh-” Was the last sound that bandit spoke before Sasha shot a bullet straight into his head. Seeing his dead friend, the last bandit was furious. He leaped over to my position and jumped on top of me. Being behind the car, Sasha couldn’t get a good view to shoot.

“Got any last words, you asshole?” He asked while pointing his gun to my head.

“Yeah.” I said. “Want to know where ‘Zack’ is?”

“Huh?” The bandit was dumbfounded. “Where?”

“Why, he’s over THERE!” I yell while kicking him right into the open arms of the undead. He screamed in agony while he was being taken apart bit by bit. I got up and dusted my shirt off. Sasha walked up to me and motioned to the barricade where the last guy was. He was unarmed, so he didn’t pose a great threat to us. Suddenly, he jumped up and tried to make a break for it, but he didn’t get far. I aimed my mashotgun at his legs and pulled the trigger. He fell to the ground and started holding his bleeding leg while cursing at us in pain. A few feet from him was a walkie talkie which he dropped when he fell. I took it and walked over to him.

“Why did you attack us?” I asked.

“You stole our fucking guns, you asshole!” He shouts angrily.

“We didn’t steal shit. We were out here trying to find one of the evac points.” I reply. “Who where you talking to?”

He starts laughing. “An evac point, huh? Not too many of those around lately, are there?” I kick him.

“Who. Were. You. Talking. To.”

“You’re pretty strong...for a pretty boy. Oh well, it doesn’t matter anyway. He’ll kill you soon enough.” He responds.

“Who will?” I ask the bandit while looking over to the monsters. “We don’t have much time left, Jerry.” Sasha says in an impatient tone.

“Charles. Let the sound of that name burn into your mind. That’s the name of the guy that will kill you ten times worse that what you did us.” He stops to stare at Sasha. “He’ll take her out first, probably even rape her if he’s willing. All right in front of you so you’ll truly learn who you pissed off. Enjoy living in fear, douche bag…” After his rant, I shoot him in his right ankle at point blank range. His foot comes clean off and he screams while it starts bleeding all over the place.

“Enjoy living in fear of being eaten alive, asshole.” I tell him as I walk to their vehicle. Sasha stares at him for a split second, then continues to walk with me. I open the door and drag the man’s body out, then check the gas. “Looks like they just refueled.” I say out loud.

“Lucky us.” Sasha says while smiling.

“Lucky us indeed.” I close the door and turn on the car, then start driving along the road, hearing the screams behind me.

Miles

Examine the bodies

I kneeled down to the bodies to examine more closely. There’s gotta be some kind of explanation here… I thought. Some kind of clue that could tell us how and why this happened. The heads of both girls had bullet holes in them, and the fabric of their clothes looked like they were torn. Their eyes were closed, as if the person who committed the crime felt remorseful. I looked at the door of the room, and the hinges were torn off.

“Did you do that?” I ask James while pointing at the door.

“Yeah.” He replies. “It was locked from the inside.”

Taking a closer look at their legs, both had huge gashes on their calfs, like someone took a knife to them. A locked door, two bullet holes, and injuries...what could this all mean…

Suddenly a creaking noise come from the other side of the room. Picking my head up, I saw a walker bend over next to James, about to take a bite out of him.

“James, look out! Walker!” I warn. James looks behind him and tries to hold it off. I run up to them and try to stab it with my knife, but James throws it across the room, which knocks the knife from my hands. Before I could retrieve it James nabbed it and stuck it into the walker’s skull, and then pulled it out. He threw it onto the floor and started crying.

“James? What’s wrong?” I ask while staring at the corpse. Suddenly it hits me.

“Oh god James, I’m so sorry...I-I didn’t know..”

I look around the room and take a picture off the wall. Sure enough, the woman that was sitting besides James was the same woman we saw in front of us. Looking at her pocket, I could see the visible handle of a gun. I reached for it and took it out. Empty.

After leaving James to grieve for about half an hour, I saw the sun rise in the night sky. It’s as if it symbolized the start of the new world. James walked out of the house and sat in the truck with me. About a minute had passed before he spoke to me again.

“Thanks for earlier. Even if that was my mom before, it certainly wasn’t now.” He paused. “It was her that did it, wasn’t it?”

I nod. “It would only make sense if it was her. She had an empty gun and used the last rounds to set her children free.”

“It looked like all three of them were attacked by those walkers, or at least bitten by them. Maybe that’s what turns you, I dunno. What I do know is that she did it and then locked the door to prevent them from being eaten like the rest.”

I pat him on the back after he finishes speaking, and we continue on the path to the evacuation point that we saw on a sign next to James’s house.

We drove for ten minutes before James asked me a question with tears in his eyes.

“What do you think about my niece, Miles? We didn’t find her body anywhere near the house. Do you think she could’ve possibly made it, all alone out there? By herself?”

1)”She’s alive. I know it.”

2)”Sorry James, but she’s probably dead.”

3)”I don’t think we’ll ever know.”

4)”Perhaps some things are just better left unanswered.”

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2015

3)Create a distraction

2)”Sorry James, but she’s probably dead.”

Pretty good.

Usui Search the police station ”Maybe they’ll be something of use in the police station around here.” I said after mulling it over for

Sign in to comment in this discussion.