River that's Run Red [Interactive TWD Story,Chatacter Submission Open, Chapter 2]

Comments

• 3)Create a distraction

2)”Sorry James, but she’s probably dead.” The true

Awesome Chapter!!!

BlueShadiw posted: »

Usui Search the police station ”Maybe they’ll be something of use in the police station around here.” I said after mulling it over for

• Cause distraction

4)”Perhaps some things are just better left unanswered.”

Great chapter!!!

Usui Search the police station ”Maybe they’ll be something of use in the police station around here.” I said after mulling it over for

• Jerry Stewart.

Scientist. Gentleman. Professional ass-kicker.

3)Create a distraction 2)”Sorry James, but she’s probably dead.” Pretty good.

• Sneak in

”She’s alive. I know it.”

• VOTING HAS ENDED!

Usui will create a distraction.

Miles will sucker punch James in the heart.

• What?!?!?!?

VOTING HAS ENDED! Usui will create a distraction. Miles will sucker punch James in the heart.

• AKA Feels lol.

What?!?!?!?

• Elvira

Split up

“We gotta split up, Thomas!” I tell him.

“Hell no! The reason I’m here in the first place is so that you’d be safe! What if one grabs you and I’m not there to-”

“Thomas, while we’re chatting here Quirk could be getting ripped to shreds! Please let me go!”

Thomas sighs and looks at the ground. “Alright. I’ll go left, you go right. If you get into trouble yell and I’ll come running, no matter what.”

I nod and start running to my right. After jumping over rocks, logs, and everything inbetween, I dash through a clump of bushes and see Quirk staring off into the distance. While scanning the area for any threats, I cautiously approach.

“Quirk, you ok?” I ask. “Why did you run off?” I took my gun and holstered it. He continued to stand in place with an emotionless face.

“Did those bandits startle you? If there’s anything wrong, you know you can talk to us...huh?”

Looking at the direction Quirk was staring at, I saw the source of his distress. Ahead of us was a SWAT car that looked like it was pushed to the side of the road. There were bodies everywhere wearing the very same uniform Quirk had on. Suddenly one of the bodies crawled out of the car and rolled on his back. His body was battered and bloody, and he had gashes all across his legs. Quirk walked over to him and knelt down.

“...Quirk..? That you bud..? It was awful..They had us out-gunned..If that wasn’t bad enough, they..they…” Quirk took his outstretched hand and held it firmly.

“You...you fought well. Don’t worry, you helped plenty of lives today. What did they do?” Quirk asked.

“...Quirk..cars...noise..those things follow..noise…” With that last warning, his head drooped back and his arm went limp. Quirk let his hand fall, and got back up. He took his helmet off and placed it on top of his friend’s dead body, as if to bid farewell.

Thomas then ran out of the bushes and sprinted right towards us. “Quirk, you’re ok!” He said with a joyful expression.
    “Well, he’s ok physically at least. Thomas, what’ve you been-”

“Spare the details for later, we have a situation with the others!” Thomas said, cutting me off.
    Quirk looked at him. “What is it?” He asked.

“Remember that scream we heard earlier? It wasn’t Quirk...it was…” Thomas paused.

“Jonathan.”

As we ran back to the others as fast as we could, Quirk asked Thomas what had happened.

“It’s real bad.” He told Quirk. “Some of those guys in the cars we saw earlier snuck up on em while we were gone and held Jonathan’s family hostage. They did...horrible things. It’s easier to explain when you see it yourself…”

Jonathan Norris

I stared at the dead bodies of my loved ones, my wife and two daughters. They were innocent in this...they didn’t have to die… All of a sudden my body felt like it was moving on it’s own. I charged at one of the people who committed the act.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I screamed when I tackled him.

“Hey, get the hell off of him you bast-” The other one tried to intervene when all of a sudden that silent guy punched him in the face. He then took his rifle right from under him.

“Nice gun. I’ll be taking real good care of it.” He told the man while aiming it at him. While this was going down I started to beat the life out of the one responsible for all this. I put all of my energy and power into every punch I threw. I didn’t care about anything else. All I could think about was making sure that this guy got what was coming to him. When I finally got my fill you could barely recognize his face. The other guy stared in horror as I got up.

“P-Please man, just let me go! I didn’t do nothin wrong!” He said.

“Nothing wrong?” I asked him. “You murdered my family after doing that and say that you didn’t do anything?”

“That wasn’t me, it was Johnny! And you beat him to death dude!”

“You helped keep us at bay while he did it, you’re his accomplice!” I shouted. Just then, Quirk and the others came out of the forest.

“Enjoy your trip?” The silent man asked them. “I have a guest here that would like to say hi. Come on, don’t be shy...say. Hi.”

“H-Hi..” The man said with a tight voice.

Quirk then proceeded to talk, but I didn’t listen or care what he was going to say at this point. I stared at the man the whole time, burning with rage.

“...So what’re your votes, everyone?” Quirk finished, staring at us.

Thomas and that Elvira chick voted to leave him be, but Josephine wouldn’t take the risk after seeing firsthand what they could do. I don’t blame her.

“I think I already know your vote, Jonathan.” Quirk tells me. “And your vote, uh..?”

“Greg.” The man tells him. “And I think I’ll just abstain. As much as I detest rapists and the like, I’m worn out.” I glare at him.

“Very well, it seems we’re tied for what choice of action we take.” Quirk tells us. “It seems that I’m the swing vote. I choose that…” He pauses while looking at me.

“...I say that we stop this man from doing anymore harm in the future.” He finally says.

After Thomas, Elvira, and Josephine and her kid leave, Quirk walks up to the man. Greg sits by the tree, unfazed by all this.

“So, what’ll you do, Jonathan?” Quirk asks me. “You’ll never leave him alive, I bet, and you truly despise this man’s guts. I leave the method to you.” He says while backing up.

There was no way that I’d let this man live after all that he’s done, but is it right to drag it out?

The man stared at me. “Please man, just let me go! Please!”

1)Shoot him

2)Slit his throat

3)Torture him

4)Leave him for the dead

Sebastian

It’s been about half an hour since I found Santiago and Daniel. We cautiously traversed the dangerous city as best we could, and found ourselves almost at the other side. If what the reporter said was true, then salvation is only an arm’s length from us. Santiago watched his brother intently, while Daniel poked and prodded every small thing.

“How much further is it?” Daniel asked me.

“Not much, about maybe 10 miles left.” I reply. Daniel gives me a blank stare.

“It’s like how far Namek is from Earth, except in miles instead of lightyears.” Santiago tells Daniel, whose face lights up.

“Oh! I get it now!” He says while smiling.

“He likes DBZ…” Santiago explains to me.

I laugh. “Yeah, that’s how far we are.”

As I look back to the street, I’m greeted with a large blockade of crashed cars and even a huge truck carrying a large load behind it.

Shoot, no way we’re getting past that…Hm..

While thinking of a solution, Daniel pulls on my shirt. “Hey Seb?” He asks. “What’s in that truck?”

“Huh? Oh, uh, perhaps some kind of gasoline or something.” I reply.

“So it’s not full of milk?” Daniel says. “Then why are those guys trying to get on top of it?”

Looking up, I saw those things climbing all over it, while groaning at us.

“We gotta go.” Now.” I tell the two while running to the other side of the street. Searching around, I saw a ladder.

“Everyone up!” The two boys go up first, then I follow. When I reach the top I could see all sorts of buildings. Perhaps I could plan out our escape route from here.

1)Go to store

2)Go to station

3) Go to house

• 3)Torture him RIP OFF HIS BALLS

2)Go to station Uzui and Shino are there

Awesome Chapter!!!

Elvira Split up “We gotta split up, Thomas!” I tell him. “Hell no! The reason I’m here in the first place is so that you’d be safe!

• 3)Torture him

2)Go to station

Elvira Split up “We gotta split up, Thomas!” I tell him. “Hell no! The reason I’m here in the first place is so that you’d be safe!

• [slit his throat]~ gunshots make to much noise.

[go to station]

• 1)Shoot him forget about noise or spare bullet and just kill it...

2)Go to station like supersagig said

• 2)Slit his throat Quality's right, guns make noise, and I want to kill this sonofabitch.

2)Go to station Meeting up with more people should be for the better.

• I need a tiebreaker for Jonathan's actions! After that I will start continue working on the next part.

• 3)Torture him

2)Go to station

• VOTING HAS ENDED!

Jonathan will torture the man!

Sebastian and Co will go to the station.

• edited March 2015

Usui

Create a distraction

“Alright, I got it.”

“Good. Now tell me it.” Shino says.

I walk over to the front of the truck and pick up a relatively large rock. Looking at the far side of the street, I judge how far the distance is.

“Well, what’s the plan?” Shino asks impatiently. “Usui?”

“I’m gonna throw this rock over there.” I respond.

“Huh?”

“Just watch.” After uttering those words, I chuck the rock as far as I could, nailing the metal trashcan on the other side of the street. The impact knocks it over, which causes it to fall on the other trash cans. If that wasn’t enough, I don’t know what would be. As if by instinct, those things wobbled over to the fallen cans and started pounding on them one by one. This created even more sound that worked to my advantage.

“Won’t be but a minute.” I tell Shino, who nods and lays down in bed of the truck. I crouch down and start crawling to the station. Staying in the shadows while more and more monsters started messing with the trash cans, I finally made it to the door.

Then I heard it.

Sebastian

Go to station

I point in the direction of the station. “That’s our best bet. Now let’s get going!” I tell the two.

Daniel nods and Santiago climbs down the ladder first. He helps Daniel down and I go last yet again. I looked behind us and the monsters that were crawling on the truck were pounding the metal fence that separated us from them. They paused for a minute before I pushed them forward.
    “That’s not gonna hold em all, go, go!” I order. We get about five feet away from the fence before it gets torn down. Suddenly Daniel gets grabbed and swept off his feet while running and I turn to see one of them about to chomp down.
    Shit, this isn’t good! I gotta use it… Santiago tries to run to Daniel but I get between them.

Taking out the glock, I aim for the monster’s head and pull the trigger.

Usui

BANG!

The noise rang out in the air for all to hear. The monsters playing with the cans stopped and stared at my direction ominously. Then the whole group of them charged at me with grunts and groans.

“Shino, be careful!” I yell to her.

Shit, this isn’t good, I gotta go! I open the doors to the station and slam them behind me, but not before I stare at the red truck that contained Shino.

Santiago

The air crackled as Sebastian shot the monster square in the face, and a wave of happiness rushed over me. Sebastian then scooped Daniel up and started running once more.

“Santiago, he’s ok! Let’s keep going!” He shouts at me. I nod.

The monsters behind us continue to follow our every move behind every twist and turn. When we see the place Sebastian pointed to, he puts Daniel down.

“Come on guys, it’s just up ahead, we can make it-”

As we round the corner, another group smaller than the other spots us and approaches.

“We can’t go anywhere...we’re trapped!” I tell Sebastian. Why are there so many?!”

Miles

The truth hurts

“I’m sorry James, but there’s only a small chance that she’d survive in this hell of a city.” I tell James, who looks off to the side. I could’ve sworn I saw a tear fall.

“If it’s even a small percentage, I’ll take it.” He tells me. “Even if you’re right, I gotta believe.”

(?) James will remember your little faith.

He starts to clutch his necklace again and I finally ask him the question that's been on my mind.

“You’ve been holding that necklace for quite awhile...was it a gift?”

James nods. “A very special gift. If only he were here now..”

“He? Wait, I didn’t see anyone else at the house. Who is-”

“My father.” James blurts out. “It’s a gift from my late father. He died well before..all of this mess.”

My look of curiosity turns to a frown. “I’m sorry James. I didn’t mean to push that memory back into focus.”

“No..it’s alright. I need this cleared up if I’m gonna focus on surviving now.” He continued to drive while reminiscing about his past.

“During my childhood, dear old dad gave me this blue necklace for my birthday. This might not seem like much at first, but we were in a bad place financially. That’s why I greeted you so poorly last night.” He looked around for walkers, and when he found none he continued.

“Anyway, dad was a great man. One day he didn’t feel to good and wanted days off from work. Doctors said he had some kind of viral infection that took advantage of his stress. Since he provided for us and I respected him, I encouraged him to fight the sickness and get back to work. Apparently my speech was enough to get him out of bed, but it wasn’t all I’d hoped for. About two hours later the police came to our house to announce the bad news. On his way to work, the virus inside him got worse and combined with his stress of taking care of us. He died of a heart attack. Ever since that day, I’ve never been able to forgive myself. I always thought that he died because of my foolish ambition. Last night was his birthday, he would’ve been 68. That’s why I was at the bar, drinking myself away.”

Unable to properly display my concern and understanding to James, I meekly responded with, “That must’ve been horrible. I feel for you man.”
    “Thanks. Well, we’re almost to the evac point now. About 10 miles from here.”

I smile. “Once we get there, it’ll all be smooth sailing for us. I guarantee-” Before I could brag about our situation, a gunshot rang through the air.
    James stopped the truck and looked ahead. I did the same.

“Look Miles,” James said while pointing to the left side of a building in the distance. “It looks like there’s a hell of a lotta walkers over there.”
    Getting closer to get a better look, I saw two small figures and one large one. “James, there’s people over there! They’re in trouble!”
    James looked on the other side of the building and cursed. “Shit, there’s a chick over there that’s being swarmed too. She looks like she’s in a truck bed though, but once one of those things crawls inside…”

“We gotta do something! Can’t we save both?” I ask.

James frowns and shakes his head. “Not even a cheetah could run that fast. They’re on opposite sides of the building. Only time to help one.
    I looked at both shadows in horror.

Only one? I could save a group of three, but doom that poor woman! But if I save her, those three will…

James sighed. “Alright. Which way.” He said in an emotionless tone.

Who...who should I save? It’s not right leaving one behind, but there’s no choice…

1)Drive to the three shadows

2) Drive to woman in truck

Faced with a tough decision, are we? No choices to be indecisive here :)

Voting will be pushed back to 5 PM from now on, Happy voting...muhaahahha!

• 1)Drive to the three shadows

These are walkers. Fuck thatnwoman

Usui Create a distraction “Alright, I got it.” “Good. Now tell me it.” Shino says. I walk over to the front of the truck and pic

• 2) Drive to woman in truck

Usui Create a distraction “Alright, I got it.” “Good. Now tell me it.” Shino says. I walk over to the front of the truck and pic

• 1)Drive to the three shadows

• [Drive to woman in truck]

Great chapter!!!!

• VOTING HAS ENDED (rather late at that)!

Miles and James will go save the woman in the truck!

Sorry for the extreme delay today, relatives came over and it was a surprise and stuff.

• Name: Alec Devic

Backstory: Served two tours in the Middle East, and came home to his family, finding that his only child, his 11 year old daughter had been kidnapped and hadn't been found. His wife attempted suicide, and ended up in the hospital. She came back with a lot of medicine and hasn't been the same since. They eventually divorced and he lived alone in an apartment about to go bankrupt, because he decided to indulge his vices and stop caring.

Appearance: Long brown hair that he usually styles with gel, light brown eyes, 5'5", broken nose, long scar along the back of his hand. Currently wearing a cast on his left arm, short black shirt with bulky camo pants, and cracked sunglasses.

Personality: Observant, distrusts in most people, acts tough but when he does hes scared to death on the inside, manipulative, sometimes doesn't think before he acts, doesn't like leaders, treats woman like objects, smoker, dislikes running from fights, always feels like he needs to "earn his keep".

Name: Daria Tuma

Backstory: Immigrated with her family to the location of the story for a new start. They've been there for about a year, it was hard at first for them to grasp English but they managed, and eventually her parents got jobs, and she got by in school. Sometimes people would make fun of her, but she didn't care, and she made some really good friends.

Appearance: Dark brown eyes, rounded face with lightly tanned skin, wears a black hijab, and modest clothing 5"0'.

Personality: Quiet, intelligent, has an accent, muslim, reserved, calm, tries to avoid violence and prevent it, relies on others for help, hates being alone, has hope for a better future, ignores insults, caring, a bit scared, optimistic.

• Do you understand your character can die at any time in the story?

isn't there

Alt text

Do you understand that your character can be major or minor?

isn't there either

Alt text

Added.

Name: Alec Devic Age: 32 Backstory: Served two tours in the Middle East, and came home to his family, finding that his only child, his

• Miles

Save the woman

“D-Drive to the woman!” I tell James. He hits the gas and we go speeding to the back of the building. James plows over multiple walkers as he stops a few feet from the truck. He gets out and shoots three rounds into the crowd, dropping the same amount of bodies. I get out as well and stab a walker as it tries to get me on my way out.

“Go to the woman, I’ll distract the others.” James tells me.

“Don’t die on me, alright?” I say as he starts backing off to the other side of the building. A large majority of them start going after him, but a few stay by the truck, determined to get that woman. She tries to back up a little for space, but was greeted by a lone walker that grabbed her by her shoulder. I rush over to it and firmly plant my knife into the base of its skull. Pulling it off the woman, she looks at me.

“What the, who are you?” I stab another approaching walker.

“No time to explain right now, kinda busy!” I respond. “Can you get to our truck on your own?”

She looks to the end of the truck. “Uh, no, actually.”

“Huh?” I look in the direction she’s staring and see a wheelchair. Shit, just my luck… “Ok, I’ll grab that real fast. Just hold on for a little longer.” I get a grip on the wheelchair and start pulling it down. When I place it down, I see a walker right in front of me. I deal with it quickly but notice another behind me. The knife doesn’t come out and remains in the walker's head. I must’ve shoved it in too deep in his head, shit! Looking back at the walker, I hear a loud cracking sound as it falls to the ground. The woman holds a gun and yells at me. “Look out, another on your left!” Placing my foot on the walker’s head, I pull with all my might. My knife finally comes free and I push the walker down. After finishing it off, I grab the wheelchair once more and place it in the back of James’s truck. As I run back to the woman, I see James continuing to distract the walkers. He fires another round so they don’t look back towards us.

“Alright, I’ll have to carry you to the truck. Ok?” I say while kicking down another walker. She nods and I climb up the side of the truck. I pick her up and drop down. Gah, she’s heavier than she looks...that or I’m just not used to carrying people. I stumble on the way to the truck, while walkers follow us along the way. About halfway to the truck I feel someone grabbing my ankle. Not again! The woman takes out her gun again and shoots the walker.

“Keep running!” She tells me. I shake my foot free and continue running.

I reach the truck and run to the passenger side.Opening door, I place her inside and close the door. I look in the direction James is. He was getting swarmed by walkers.

“James! Get back over here!” I yell. “The girl’s ok!”

I could make out what looked like James waving at me.

“Ge...t..f..ere!” He tried yelling to me, but I could barely make it out. “It’s...t s..fe! Get t..the..ev….int!”

Some of the walkers near James stopped following him and turned their attention to us.

What should I do? I can’t leave James, but I can’t stay here!

I stare at my blood soaked knife, then back at the group of walkers. Silently cursing, I run back to the truck and got in. I turned it on and stepped on the gas. Getting back on the street, I was greeted by two different directions.

Now I just need to find a way outta here...

The woman was looking around the truck with no expression on her face. Then she looked at her gun.

1)Talk to the woman

2)Concentrate on driving

Usui

I push a group of filing cabinets against the door to cover my escape. I then started examining my surroundings. The police station appeared totally desolate and abandoned. The dead outside started to pound on the door and my time was running out. I turn over a large painting that got knocked over and prop it up. After looking at it for awhile, I quickly realized that this was the floor layout.

“Alright, can’t be too hard to find where the weapons are…” I mutter. “Mess hall, interrogation room, aha! Weapons storage. Fifth door to the right of the hall.” I suddenly hear gunshots from the back of the station. Wait a minute… Reaching for my gun, I find that it is gone. Great. I must’ve left it with Shino. I crouch down and look out of a nearby window. The truck with Shino in it is getting swarmed with the dead. I see a truck a few feet away from where I left Shino, and two men get out of it. One is wearing a green jacket and the other has a flannel on. The flannel guy shoots two more down before he runs to the side of the building. The green jacket one stabs a few of em before he reaches the truck. “He better not-” I stop my sentence as I hear moaning from a few feet away from me. Turning around, I see five dead in the room with me. I reach around the desk I’m next to and grab a pair of scissors. That’ll work. I sneak behind the closest one and pull him the the ground. I proceed to stab him with the scissors. One down, four to go. I tap the scissors on a metal table, and another one walks over to investigate. I do the exact same to him.

Placing the scissors on the ground, I break them in half, producing two sharp weapons. I kick the third down and the others notice me. I stab both of them with one of the scissor halves, and smash the last one’s head in with my boot.

“That’s that.” I say out loud, then I walk back to the window. I see that many of the dead that were there earlier were taken care of, and I catch a glimpse of the green guy putting Shino in his truck. He yells something at his partner and then drives off.

“Shino! Damnit, there’s nothing I could’ve done…” I clutch my fist. “If I ever see that man again, I’ll..”

The pounding on the door gets louder and more intense while the cabinets start to move. I run to the room where the map said the weapons were, and what I see astonishes me.

The room is a complete mess. Weapon stands were knocked over, tables were overturned, and cases were busted. Looks like this was for nothing. I hear more gunshots, this time from the front of the station. Looking once more out of a window, I could see three people getting surrounded by dead. Two of them were kids, and the other was a man that held a gun. The tall one knocked back dead one after another, and pulled one of the others closer to him.

“Guess I outta help em out. They don’t look like they came from that truck, after all.” Out of the corner of my eye I saw something shiny on the ground.

1)Go help the people, there’s no time!

2)Investigate shiny object.

Sorry for the day late part, it got too late to start writing last night. I will make it up with writing the next part when this voting ends in three hours :)

• [talk to the woman]

[investigate shiny object] ~There's always time for shiny objects!

Miles Save the woman “D-Drive to the woman!” I tell James. He hits the gas and we go speeding to the back of the building. James plows

• 1)Talk to the woman

Let's get to know her I guess.

“Ge...t..f..ere! It’s...t s..fe! Get t..the..ev….int!”

XD It took me longer then I thought I should to decipher but what I got from that was. "Get the f out of here! It's not safe! Get to the evac point." (I think at least)

1)Go help the people, there’s no time!

Shiny object is tempting but I'm not going to risk lives for it. I feel like I'll regret this...

James better pull a Tyreese and get out of there.

Miles Save the woman “D-Drive to the woman!” I tell James. He hits the gas and we go speeding to the back of the building. James plows

• 1)Go help the people, there’s no time!

1)Talk to the woman

• 2)Concentrate on driving

2)Investigate shiny object.

• 2)Concentrate on driving

2)Investigate shiny object. - Please be something useful...

• Remember the last time you assumed?

Alt text

NoHopeLeft posted: »

2)Concentrate on driving 2)Investigate shiny object. - Please be something useful...

• Alt text

1)Talk to the woman Let's get to know her I guess. “Ge...t..f..ere! It’s...t s..fe! Get t..the..ev….int!” XD It took me lon

• D:

Please don't be a spoon...Please don't be a spoon...

Remember the last time you assumed?

• Alt text

Please don't be a spoon...Please don't be a spoon...

• Please at least be a fork...

• Alt text

Please at least be a fork...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.